Gta IV is better than gta V

Lets think critically about this shall we?

Better gameplay:
>Larger heath bar than V so gun fights aren't decided by whoever gets off the first shot.
>No terminator police officers
>Better drive-by shooting
>Better rag doll physics
>Superior melee combat with pedestrians who fight back and survive more than one hit
>Better driving, cars are a challenge to handle (granted not for everyone) and can't be flipped over every time they are turned on end.
>Better flying (no shitty turbulence with helicopters)
>Superior multiplayer with world settings and no grinding.
>Better minigames (if your in to that)
>Crouching is nice too.

Better atmosphere:
>Crowded city
> Feels alive
>Interiors
>Whole map is put to use
> Better radio
>Better choice of clothing (That your character won't change out of without input)
>Food stands
>Fat police officers

Story:
>One protagonist per story
>Better indirect interactions between protagonists
>More interesting representation of life as a criminal
>More likable protagonists
>Much more memorable villans
>Not being the governments bitch the WHOLE game
>A cooler heist than any in V
>Friends are a treat to hang out with offering interesting insights into their story.
>Better endings

Verdict: IV > V

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GWVtZJo-HqI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

agreed fag

this image says otherwise

I agree with most of these points, especially about ragdoll, story, food stands and not being a bitch the whole story. What makes me most tired about playing through V's campaign is that you're just constantly being bitch to someone whether it's the hood, the mob, the government, fucking everyone. I was hoping that after we took care of everyone, we'd be getting more heist missions where the trio self-initiates more. IV's stories had a mix of being a bitch and being your own person, Niko was doing shit in order to get money and help finding that person. Johnny was doing shit in order to get money to fund his MC, to keep the Lost and Damned relevant and in order. Luis was doing shit to help his boss and best friend get out of the shit he was entangled in.

In V, you're always a bitch and you're always getting paid a pittance (or none at all) unless it's a missions that's self-initiated like the jewelry heist or the federal reserve heist. Everything in between is just meh as fuck despite the crazy scenarios you're thrown into. I have no idea why they didn't just do the whole clean-up thing from half-way into the story since in the end, all they did was just murder the shit out of everyone anyway. They might as well just murder all these fucks the first time they ever met anyway.

Also, if you're on PC, the redux mod adds better Euphoria, driving and physics to the game. I combined that with the VisualV and Natural Vision mods to get better visuals but retain the gameplay enhancements. Works like a charm and looks fucking great. Redux mod is ugly as sin, I have no idea what everyone is yapping about.

>Using mods
Enjoy getting banned from multiplayer

I don't play multiplayer anymore.

>all vehicles handled like shit, they all drove like hey were all on bald tires and every single one leaned 5 feet to either side when cornering,
>map was small
>game length was short

Next GTA

>Game starts off with a jet taking off from an airport
>You don't know where it originates from until the camera inside the jet pans through the seating area
>You start seeing people you don't know at first
>Then you start seeing characters you met in V
>Ferdinand Kerimov: He's crying and looking all jacked up from being tortured
>Antonia Bottino: She's looking around kinda nervously, evidently worried about more hit attempts
>Other minor characters etc etc...
>Plane is heading to VC

In GTA V the ragdoll physics was crap, the vehicle handling was crap too, like if you dove out of a plane, you have momentum like you would normally, but then you slow down and just fall straight down. And if you're hauling ass in a car and you flip it into the air, the car (doesn't matter which one you're in, they all do it) tries to right itself to land on it's wheels. If i want to launch my car off a ramp, i want to deal with the consequences of it, not land perfectly

Yeah but those motorcycle physics though.

Multiplayer is shit, no matter what game it is. Every multiplayer game consists of nothing but 12 year olds screaming "FAGIT" every other word into their mics that sound like they're inside their mouths

>>No terminator police officers
>>Better drive-by shooting
>>Better rag doll physics
>>Superior melee combat with pedestrians who fight back and survive more than one hit
>>Better driving, cars are a challenge to handle (granted not for everyone) and can't be flipped over every time they are turned on end.
>>Better flying (no shitty turbulence with helicopters)
Wrong

Cops in GTA V are supposed to be more "realistic" but magically, they always know where you are, even if you hide before they arrive, they surround your exact location and the ghetto bird is always dispatched....

Also, this every fucking time, no matter if the fucking box is checked. I don't want to play the game online, I don't care about multiplayer, or shark cards, or fucking lame ass shit lowriders or whatever the fuck things they're putting out that aren't heists... I just want to play the single player mode.

At least explain your reasoning retard.

>gta IV is better than gta V

you don't even need to make an argument

it's pretty well accepted as better

fuck the lack of climbing/hanging onto shit in gtav

>Cops in GTA V are supposed to be more "realistic" but magically, they always know where you are, even if you hide before they arrive, they surround your exact location and the ghetto bird is always dispatched....

More like they spawn next to you even at 1 star. Fuck this system.

IV's made more sense.

>IV's made more sense.
They were worse, IMO, every time you broke the law, a cop was always on the next street, always. In V, you at least could hide somewhat, but the helicopter always comes at low wanted level. in V the cops take a minute to arrive, but in every case, they spawn in every direction and if they're ahead of you driving , they always flip around and home in on you.

If you wreck into someone and you let them beat on you, nothing happens but if you defend yourself with 1 punch... YOU'RE WANTED.

I was talking strictly about pursuit - leave the radius of search without being spotted = wanted level gone.

In V it's just "drive around in one direction until a cop spawns 50 feet away in front of you, then drive into the hills"

The online was an actual sandbox, not a giant paygate.
Would still be playing V with friends if custom free play was still a thing.

Whatever happened to that one group that was gonna make a SAMP-style multiplayer mod for V? I heard shit about like right up until V was released on PC then nothing else... I wonder if RS put the kibosh on it or they just gave up.

Think the reason they made everything cost money is to try to deter hackers and shit from spawning tugboats and shit like they did in IV

But people are still cheating online so I dunno

By contrarians

>>No terminator police officers
Only on singleplayer.
The GTAIV online cops did a shitload of damage as well.
>Better drive-by shooting
Not really. Maybe its been a while, but I don't remember being able to shoot out of the back/able to hang on the sides of SUVs and vans.
>Better flying
>no planes
No
>Superior multiplayer with world settings and no grinding.
It was better in some aspects, worse in others
There wasn't anything to do except the couple of missions and races. You can fuck around with all of the items and vehicles in a custom lobby on V. The grind is pretty bad on V though. Whats worse is the instant access to the retarded bullshit like Hydras. Losing your weapons was a decent idea as well. It forced the player to retreat and resupply instead of the constant spawncamping garbage like on V.
-------------------------------
>Crowded city
Not really. Neither game has a realistic amount of people and cars driving by.(which is good, because fuck traffic) but I'm pretty sure V has more shit going on. It's just that IV's entire map is densely packed.
>feels alive
muh fee fees. It's an opinion. Can't really argue with it.
>better radio
Again, It's an opinion. Can't really argue with it.
>Better choice of clothing
It isn't as varied as V. But again, >opinion
>food stands
Generally don't exists in LA except the occasional food truck (which exist in GTAV. you can't buy anything though). It wouldn't make sense in this setting
>Fat police officers
That doesn't make it better or worse. It's kind of there.

i wanna play gta iv , but somehow i always get 800x600 res and showing i only have 800mb graphic memory

you forgot to put infinitely better soundtrack

LMAO IV mp is not better than Vs. stop saying this. STOP. that is pure nostalgia

There was NOTHING to do in IVs mp. No missions. No real character development or customisation. No custom cars. No bounties. NOTHING. it got boring after a couple of weeks

free roam was just constantly respawning and hoping you didn't get killed before collecting the good weapons. and everybody would just congregate at the airport

IV multiplayer was and is SHIT. V improves on it in every way and you are straight up fucking deluded if you think otherwise.

V mp has a lot of flaws but don't pretend IV was any better. it was boring as fuck

obviously youre just being contrarian though. when 6 comes out you'll be saying V was the best thing ever

seriously try playing GTAIV today. that game is trash. graphics are bad, driving is unrealistically bad and everything just feels worse than V. the on foot controls are stilted and horrible and even the shooting feels poor

As someone who used to autistically play the shit out of GTAIV and still does, there's some small details I like about IV that when pieced together, really make the game. I already posted some of these in a thread similar to this subject already but anyways

>first pistol is very weak letting you "push around" people
>weapons can go off when dropped that leads to some interesting results like a police officer's shotgun shooting another cop
>fly through the windshield more often than in V and it's less lethal along with being flung further
>riding a motorcycle legitimately feels like you're on a death rocket
>explosions don't neccesarily explode vehicles instantly the moment the explosion touches them like in V, making for vehicles flying around and potentially altering the cover of a gunfight
>driving feels bouncy and much more rewarding to successfully manuever around heavy traffic
>game has an overrall feel of being a tech demo for the lack of a better word for all of this
>enemies are often incapacitated and not necessarily dead
>map is designed for pedestrians as opposed to V's that is designed for vehicles
>the atmosphere and elements like parkour, confined alleyways along with interiors
>literally the few examples of a videogame with DLC that isn't bad in the time where DLC for games were mediocre

That's not even getting into the multiplayer.

yea its the little things in 4 that make a big difference

>map is designed for pedestrians as opposed to V's that is designed for vehicles
Yea, thats the whole idea with the IRL equivalents.
New York was a huge city before cars were around.
L.A, not so much.

please get into the multiplayer. the only thing it has going for it is you can create custom lobbies and turn off the police and friendly fire. Big deal. There's still nothing to do. The only thing to do in IV free roam is get chased by the police, so why anybody would want to turn them off I don't know

GTAIV missions were so monotonous

>Go here
>Shoot these guys
>Every 5 missions, kill the guy who gives you the mission

It's been a while, but there was
>pvp
>fucking around in the airport
>racing
>the couple of missions
>shooting eachother with rockets when player damage was disabled
>swingset glitch.
It was pretty barren.

>melee only deathmatches
>cops and crooks
>everyone is on equal ground, leveling up only grants you cosmetics
>gta race
>able to do fun things like turn off friendly fire and shoot eachother with rpg's
>deathmatch had arena style weapon pickups
>free roam lets you get play around with anything without having to level up or buy something to enjoy it
>never penalized for attacking another player

My only criticism was the payout on the story based missions. It basically incentivized people to constantly grind them instead of having fun playing competitive game modes. You see this problem with GTAO, where everyone likes to drive around in circles to gain fake money instead of having fun doing something like a race or deathmatch.

GTAIV's multiplayer was barebones as fuck but it was still the better MP than GTAO's clunky and feature bloated mess.

I vividly remember being able to connect and play MP flawlessly on GTAIV the day it came out.

>melee only deathmatches
That's in V
>leveling up only grants you cosmetics
Leveling was never the problem. It's the cash grind.
>deathmatch had arena style weapon pickups
That's in V
>never penalized for attacking another player
You get a small penalty for blowing up player cars. That's it.
I hope you're not implying that being a red dot on the map is punishment

>A cooler heist than any in V
This was one of the things that got to me the most. GTA IV had one heist and it was much better than any of V's heists.

This video helps build up on your points: youtube.com/watch?v=GWVtZJo-HqI

Amazing how GTA IV came out 5 years before GTA V yet manages to feel much more "next gen."

GTA V missions were so monotonous

>Each step in heist preparation counts as a mission, even obtaining a getaway vehicle (LOL)
>Be (insert name here)'s bitch
>Drive & kill X