Remember Guitar Hero and Rock Band?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3QbNuctX4TI
youtube.com/watch?v=18sbgJ9Nch0
youtube.com/watch?v=cmB2ucBlrhQ
youtube.com/watch?v=k7ULFG-ysEU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes

Of course. I love Guitar Hero and DJ Hero....that is all.

Wish Rock Band 4 wasn't such a failure,.

Yea, future generations will never understand how hype Guitar Hero 3 and RB were. Literally everyone had one or the other. Will always be one of my fondest gaming memories playing GH3 back in 08

>buy a (used) Bone specifically to play RB4 and all my old songs
>any song from RB, RB2, GDRB. LRB, and the track packs aren't transferrable at launch
>DLC can only be redownloaded one at a time
>trackslist itself is unmemorable because they blew their load in RB2 and barely managed to squeeze out a second in RB3

I paid $500 to play one game.

Lmaoing @ ur lyf

If any franchise could benefit from a VR adaptation it's Rock Band.

SO FAR AWAAAAAY WE WAIT FOR THE DAEEAAAY

They're coming out with a guitar-only version on Oculus

Pretty much all the track packs for XB1 got their entitlements fixed yesterday, and exports have been working on XB1 for a long time now

I've been wanting to emulate the games on Dolphin 'cause I still have the GH guitar/drums for the Wii, but my Bluetooth adapter's fucked.

GH2 was still the best in the series.

This. My biggest gripes with RB4 is the lip syncing, the lack customization, smaller venues, and no more music videos.

youtu.be/3QbNuctX4TI

Wish they had more songs that seriously went crazy on the guitar

So I need a dongle for my PS3 World Tour Guitar, will a Rock Band dongle work and still let me play every GH game released for the PS3 with no difficulty?

No, a Rock Band dongle will not work for a GH guitar, on any platform

i wish i could have afforded to buy rock band 4 when they were selling shit off cheap

problem is all my songs are on 360 but i own a ps4

Yeah, they have the "hardest guitar songs" section in the store, but it's pretty sparse, and there's very little recent stuff.

You can still get stuff pretty cheap if you watch Woot and check Costco sometimes, but the Mad Catz drums are SHIT so avoid those

Those are the ones I love! They focus too much on popular songs

I'm not American and I'm poor as shit

Well duh. That's because pop music is what sells with normies. That's why Band Hero was even a thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=18sbgJ9Nch0

Where can I get a World Tour dongle for cheap? Or at least make sure the one I'm looking at on EBay is the right one?

>never had a console since snes
>couldn't play guitar games

I'm kinda glad I didn't burnt out with those plastic guitar games so I can now enjoy playing Rocksmith.

It's a cost/benefit thing now. Harmonix broke loose of EA, so now they have to sell cheap shitty songs to the masses instead of the more technically impressive stuff to the smaller group of score chasers. I guess it keeps the lights on, and vocalists are probably happier, but what the fuck ever

Yeah me and some friends played 2 and 3 a bunch

How about the terrible fucking calibration. I could not get that shit spot on ever. It would be good for some songs but then be off for others.
RB3 was good though.

Neversoft shat GH down the toilet whereas Rock Band was an entirely new evolution.

GH3 notecharts just felt like shit.

Rock Band 2 is the game of the generation for me. Never got to 3 though.

I would've bought this for pro drums.

Posting the superior music rhythm game.

Or you could go learn sheet music or tabs.

FUCK YOU RAINING BLOOD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Dunno where you can get one for cheap, but my PS3 GHWT dongle has a model number of 95451.806, an FCC ID of VFIBW95451806 and an IC of 7196A-95451806, so look for one with that (probably the model number is the most important part)

Oh it's not that bad just save your star power for the very end

>Raining Blood
>not Jordan

Thanks for the numbers to google :)

Why are there so many drum dongles on eBay?

Bought an xplorer a couple days ago, works flawlessly, i didn't even know GH3 existed for PC, it was a pain in the ass but i got it working.

Bought a GHWT guitar and holy shit its bad, the buttons barely respond, you need to press them all the way to the bottom because for some reason they decided to change switches for the crappy buttons, im never using that piece of crap and i feel bad about spending money on it.

Bought lego rockband that i picked up at a local game store and it has a nice soundtrack but its definitely easier than GH3.

Rockband 3 is very hard to find and it feels like looking for a needle in a haystack.

what other Guitar hero/rockband games should i get?

I backed that shit just for the return of Rock Band Network, but nooooooo. They botched the hell out of that campaign. None of previous games' songs? No cross-platform entitlements? I get it's a money thing, but get the fuck out of my face with that shit

Are there GH1 and GH2 tracks with the original songs instead the Harmonix cover's for GH3?

Yes, I worked on GH Live.

So what do you guys think of Live?
youtube.com/watch?v=cmB2ucBlrhQ

Guitar Hero 2 and World Tour were GOAT

It's too bad GH Live is such shit

Nothing they can do about it, really. PC players do too much pirating/modding for the music industry's tastes. Hell, people were able to get full multitrack audio from the console versions of RB, imagine what they could do with the PC version.

Remember this monstrosity?

>Raining blood

Oh jesus christ that's what they did to the guitar?

Fuck Live. Guitar only, can't use my old instruments, can't use my old songs, stupid bullshit GHTV mode. Fuck em

When I was younger I used to beg my parents for this, I never got it though.

Thank you for reminding me that I dodged a fucking bullet.

>tfw never was able to get past medium difficulty

>Hell, people were able to get full multitrack audio from the console versions of RB

What else would they do?

>looking on ebay to replace the shitty kick pedal
>$30 burgerbucks

youtube.com/watch?v=k7ULFG-ysEU

I almost bought this

>

Does 3 and 4 have endless setlist?
I stopped playing GH/RB after World Tour / 2

i remember seeing the ads for this a lot, always wondered how the fuck you'd be able to hold it comfortably and play

Just played RB4 a few hours ago, actually.

All reviews in magazines back then said it basically killed your wrists due to the extremely uncomfortable positions you had to hold the DS in.

Is one of the 13 year olds that could get above 80% on through the fire and the flames

>Bought a GHWT guitar and holy shit its bad
For the PC or are they all bad?

My PS3 one is fine. It's my secondary that I use when I have people over and we play RB4

I loved the heyday of those games, RB drumming was my shit. I'd come home everyday after high school and play BEFORE I even I started my homework.

yup

>TFW used play this all the time and would cramp my hand to the point of crying on expert songs

Fuck that was a shitty design. Young teenage me didn't give a fuck though.