>he hands me the sub
>tells me the total
>tell him that he should pay me
>he asks why
>I have no reason to justify why he should pay me
>all the effort and work and money spent was on his side
>he says to pay him
>say no and run away and get a free sub

that is what piracy is like, there is literally no reason to justify piracy, it's stealing. should be penalized with prison time

inb4 muh food analogies

>implying I need moral justification for piracy
I do it because it saves me money and I don't get in trouble for it. If I steal from a subway shop I risk getting punished for it.

lol

I can pirate money now?

More accurately:
>my friend goes to subway
>he orders a sub
>he finds a genie that magically duplicates his sub
>he gives me the new sub
>subway tells me I should have to pay for the magic sub

with the ever increasing laws piracy will only get riskier

You don't pay the sandwich 'artist.' He just carries the money to the til. You pay the company and the company pays him. If he makes brilliant sandwiches or mediocre sandwiches, if he makes a lot of sandwiches or a few sandwiches, if you tip him extra or smash the shop up and piss on the bread, he gets paid the same.

lets say steam is the sandwich artist and the company that developed the game is subway

>go to store
>buy ham
>take ham home
>clone ham
>distribute ham through multiple networks
>return to ham store and lie by saying ham is defective
>get refund

that's what piracy is like

Vidya companies pay Steam to make games?

>piracy solves world hunger
Feels good to not be a landlubber

At what point does a pirate say that they should be paid to play a game? This analogy is fucking gay

>Go to subway
>Purchase sandwich
>Eat sandwich over the course of years
>Have to pay to keep refilling my sandwich with mayonnaise every few miles I use it
>Have to buy an entire new sandwich if I drop it if I don't have sandwich insurance
>Pieces of my sandwich can go bad and I have to replace the lettuce or tomato

Sanwiches are a scam, but I gotta get one

>put ham market out of business because no one is buying ham if they can just steal it
>current free ham is getting old and tired, people wnat new ham
>no one wants to make new ham because of the risk of ham piracy
>old ham stops being seeded on ham to ham networks because it's been years
>everyone dies because there's no more old ham being sent around and no more new ham being produced

Hope you're proud.

>people want new ham
Well they can just starve instead of coming over here bitching about how they don't like my goddamn ham, fucking posers never even liked ham in the first place, they can go back to their fucking salads.

>eating salad with no ham

might as well eat dirt.

>everyone dies
Happy ending then.

Do you want indie ham """""inspired""""" by classic ham of the past or do you want big budget AAA ham made by professionals

Well they probably were eating dirt until they decided that it was cool to eat ham. In fact they probably never ate ham anyway, I bet they only pretended to jump on the hamwagon to feed their own egos. I bet every one of those faggots spent more time complaining about ham than they did actually eating ham. Fucking lying vegetarian scumbags.

Good thing I have all my favorite hams backed up, retard

The kind of ham I want can only be delivered by professionals like William Shatner, not the armies of mince monkeys slaving away in the meat mines to squeeze out horrific bland processed AAA ham, and not the bearded vegetarian hamologists producing vaguely ham-esque anti-ham products.

I can't see any justification why the company that creates the product shouldn't get compensated for it. Even if you make a copy of the product you still owe the company because the copy wouldn't exist without their original.

>He hands me a sub
>I pay him
>Friend of mine came along, not sure if he wants one
>I use my cloning machine to duplicate the sub
>Give it to friend
>He goes to subway on his own and buys a sub next week
The only unrealistic part about this analogy is the fact that subway is fucking disgusting.

I dunno, it's pretty realistic, the games industry as a whole and most of the shit they produce is fucking disgusting.

>subway is fucking disgusting
True that, what about Jimmy Johns? I think they're alright.

>go to store
>shoot someone
>HACK THE WORLD you just got hacked baby

this is what hacking is like, there is literally no reason to justify hacking, it's murder. should be penalized with prison time

now I'm hungry OP

Holy shit are you telling me I've been doing piracy wrong, and I could have been getting paid for doing it this entire time?

>He goes to subway on his own and buys a sub next week
why the fuck would he do that when he has infinite subs

The sandwich artist is paid a wage. Paying doesn't benefit them.

>Go to Subway
>Sandwich artist is ugly as fuck
>Can't leave without looking rude now that it's already your turn to order

This is why Subway sucks

Just how tasty is piracy anyway?

PIRATES ARE COOOL

>friend eats entire cloned sub down to the last bite
>2/10 not worth a purchase

one week later

>"hey user, can you clone me a sub again?"

>subway is fucking disgusting
That I agree with though user, at least clone a quality sub

If a game that normally costs $60 suddenly costed 230$ you'd pirate too.
That's how it is where I live.