Is this the most overrated game of the gen?

Is this the most overrated game of the gen?

No

Yes

BB generally scored 8s and 9s across the board, which is pretty fair.

>i don't understand what overrated means

All Souls games are overrated.

Yes, easily.

That's not Undertale

>I actually don't understand what overrated means

No, that's Dragon's Dogma

Not even close.

No.

>it's another assblasted pcuck thread

Monster Hunter Generations was overrated pretty fucking hard.

As much as I disliked it, I don't think overrated tells the full story. I think its value is inflated by virtue of being a hostage on one platform.

Despite its qualities, the game runs poorly on PS4.

It's good if you can actually play it, basically.

Probably. I have no idea why they decided to force only one playstyle.

The idea is that Beasts are too fast and strong for armor to be viable, thus all Hunters have to be really agile. I understand that, but they could have just not come up with that idea at all and left heavy gear in the game.

There's also only six stats, which boil down to HP, stamina, damage, damage, damage, and damage. Really cool build variety right there.

Tying guns to the left hand and melee weapons to the right also severely hurts playstyle variety. Mapping healing to a designated button ties in with this, since the button used for healing was used for two-handing in other Souls games, and the L1 in Bloodborne is used for the equivalent of two-handing instead of a real combat move. If they left Blood Vials a normal Consumable like in Demon's Souls or Dark Souls II, it would have been better.

Another big issue I have with the game is how out-of-the way NPC side stories are, and how easy it is to progress too far into the main story and miss out forever.

>Is this the most overrated
> we should argue over what deserves fame

why, is this fucking junior high you faggot

On Cred Forums perhaps, everywhere else acknowledges it for what it is, a 9/10 game.

Witcher is

/thread

I agree with everything in your post except:
>Another big issue I have with the game is how out-of-the way NPC side stories are, and how easy it is to progress too far into the main story and miss out forever.

This isn't a bad thing. This encourages exploration and repeat playthroughs.

Depends who youre talking to.
Obviously media coverage blows everything up to extremes ("IS THIS THE BEST GAME OF ALL TIME" "HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A GAME WORSE THAN THIS?") for clicks, and Youtubers will ride a games dick for views from overzealous fans, but in moderate discussion you'll get proper responses.
It was a fun mixup of the souls formula with a content deficiency and shitty hardware holding it back. It had some of the weakest NPC's in souls and little build variety as well.
Id say the DLC is mandatory if youre going to give it a playthrough.

In the current climate id certainly call it an 8 or 9/10, so basically it was above average.

No, TLoU remastered is.

Main game = 8/10
DLC = 10/10
Average of 9/10

>hurr durr pcuck

I have BB, it's so fucking overrated that it sickens me.

>a bunch of the supposedly hard bosses like Watch Dog and amelia are actually piss easy
>huge frame rate issues even after the latest patches
>pop in everywehre
>typical souls tier shitty hitbox coding

The side quests are all pretty shit outside of Alfred. No one really misses much by avoiding them.

They need a definitive edition of Bloodborne with chalice dungeons removed, and hypogean gaol, upper cathedral, and unseen village finished
Then the game will be a 10/10
for now it's a 9/10

Honestly I can see that happening, with one caveat
>PSPRO Exclusive

What about fixing the piss easy bosses, pop in, and framerate?

I'm too casual to play it, I'm scared to even try Nioh

No need to fear, BB is the most casual souls game in the series.

nice shameless falseflag

I'm STILL stuck at the fire place at the beginning. I dread anyone that checks my YouTube and finds me being shit.

What kills you over and over will make you stronger.

It's not flawless like Sony faggots love to say, and it's not overrated like false flagging Sony faggots would have you believe.

It's pretty good. Prolly my fav game, but shit, there's a fuckton of stuff that could be a hell of a lot better.

Amelia not being a shit boss would be a good start.

this

despite scoring high scores across the board (although, I guess pretty much every mainline MGS game scored really well), it's probably the worst game out of the series

I've only experienced one framerate drop in entire game, that was when all the creatures went through a door in lecture buiding at same time.
bosses were more difficult than Souls

Play souls first, it's easier than Bloodborne as more slow going

Amelia was fun to play against. More inspired than celestial being, Kek

I had the game drop to single digit frame rates in the chalice dungeons. hunter couldn't move properly and he died because of it.

>Amelia was fun to play against

Please, Amelia is just as easy as the Celestial.

I nearly beat dark souls alone, currently playing through 2 with my waifu., and I stopped playing 3 because I'm spooked easily. I just want to play something other than Disgaea 5 but I'm too casual to progress in BB.

if anything, the love that it got on Cred Forums was correct. casuals and normalfags think this game is too hard, too quiet, not enough story constantly shoved in your face at 100mph, and refuse to read item descriptions

>things that never happened
Otherwise you are rough with your PS4, or you need to get a refund for a factory mistake

Journo here. Been drinking and willing to share some basic details I have about From's new "dark fantasy fame that fans will like" project if anyone's interest.

>I think its value is inflated by virtue of being a hostage on one platform.

That describes every Sony exclusive since the 7th gen.

Sonyggers are so delusional they think nobody can dislike Bloodborne so everyone who doesn't like it is a falseflagging PKek

>implying

The game actually froze a bit and the game stopped responding.

>i-it's just your PS4 dude

Funny because I never had any issue in any other game. Only Bloodborne showed these problems.

Fuck off Verendus.

DELET THIS!!!

AHAHAHAHAHA HOLY SHIT

wtf was that

i've never had that in chalice dungeons, maybe clean your ps4

What the hell?

>J-J-JUST CLEAN YOUR PS4 DUDE, H-HEHEHE
>THE GAME IS PERFECT

It is the best game of all time.

Not even bait.

Everyone I co-oped this specific dungeon with just ran through this part trying to avoid everything because of this exact shit.

Bloodborne is fun, but the ps4 really isn't strong enough to deal with this shit.

>Finally get a look I like
>Other faggots are using it

Time to find a new suit.

bloodborne would not be overrated
if it could hold a stable 25 fucking fps
but no it can not

Faggot, you're not the only one who uses the Charred hunter garb with an old hunters hat.

I've played it, Cred Forums can't change my mind about what I already know..

He thinks it's an isolated case and not just the PS4 being the underpowered piece of shit that it is

>pckeks still mad

NEVER EVER

>That Miyazaki touch

Best souls game ever.

It's close, but Bayo 2 is more overrated given how the combat is worse than 1.

Making Witch Time a mandatory mechanic is fucking dumb and so is making it more casual with things like removing penalty for using items.

Yes we are so mad that a console has 1 game that we can't play. How will we ever survive?

Didn't mean to reply. Free (you) I guess.

Stay mad pckeks

>sonyggers WILL defend this

I think that whole series is overrated. I dont get the hype.

Expand your vocabulary Sonypony

*teleports behind you at 30fps*

>You f-fat losers sure are m-m-mad!!!
>Maybe next year we'll get another game!!!

B-But NEVER EVER!!!!

try playing it with friends

Then that means its a meme outfit and I need to change

Its the skinny jeans of BB

Is "overrated" the new Cred Forums word used wrongly for actually good games because they seem popular?

Anti's are the worst.

That not Witcher 3.

A game's not overrated until masses try pulling down reviews that aren't giving it a 10/10.
In other words, the correct answer is Uncharted 4.

just people who haven't played it say that

I've played it, it's very overrated.

Dark Souls 3 was better

>25 seconds of the boss doing absolutely nothing

I don't feel like I'm missing out anymore.

HOLY SHIT
I didn't realise Ebreitas could do that, I'm lucky it never munched on me like that

That's why you don't overlevel you filthy casual. Any souls game you can overlevel to bring downa boss in a few hits..and prob you would be able to do the same in nioh

That isn't over leveling. It's NG and the hunter wasn't even level 30 yet. Look at the length of that health bar, it's pitiful. The game is just fucking easy.

By Cred Forums it probably is. I'd say Witcher 3, Undertale or whatever shitty Cawadooty/Battlefield game otherwise.

post more bloodborne bossfights so i can feel better about not buying a ps4

Will do.

>Low level chalice dungeon fighting the wolf boss clone which is known for being easy as shit from all From games

Nice cherry picking faggot now post the sickel boss.

That's the defiled chalice you fucking retard. Notice how little the boss health goes down when it gets hit? Notice the blood echo count? How the Health bar is the exact same as the stamina bar because of the curse?

Stop being a retarded sonygger.

It's okay if you didn't get into it. It has a 200 hour tutorial.

>sickel boss

Pthumerian descendant? Next time.

You sound insanely assblasted that you dont get to play.

Also defiled chalices have difficulties as well you fucking retard I breezed through the first 3. And more importantly you are especially nitpicking the worst system of the game instead of actual bosses.

Yakuza games

Bloodborne is overrated overall, but for this gen? I don't blame people for gushing over it.

Think how much game design has degenerated over the years, GC/PS2/XBOX era had masterpieces like REmake, Ninja Gaiden Black, Chaos Theory. Bloodborne feels like a game from those days, back when game design actually mattered.

I just pulled these videos off my PS4 you fucking retard.

>y-y-you just don't have the game...

Fuck off.

NEVER

Nice artificial lag, pcuck

>artificial lag

Sony Defense Force has finally arrived.

>reasons Bloodborne is good
intriguing and memorable slow boil story
stylish, unique artstyle and setting
gorgeous animations, music, graphics
great attention to detail
tight and well thought-out level design
great gameplay mechanics, fun and challenging combat, great weapon design, fun multiplayer, lots of replayability
respects the player, doesn't spoonfeed story or gameplay elements, it's up to you to figure stuff out

>cherry-picked reasons Cred Forums will say Bloodborne is bad
rare technical flubs (clipping, framerate, hitboxes)
PS4 exclusive
"Souls-clone"

Nobody says Bloodborne is perfect, but it's undeniably a damn fine game.

"Here we stand, feet planted in the earth, but might the cosmos be very near us, only just above our heads?"

>Nobody says Bloodborne is perfect
Yeah that's why we get a dozen threads a day praising it as such, right?

>gorgeous animations, music, graphics
>graphics
No. Motion blur and Chromatic Abberation hide very low poly details.
>lots of replayability
Kek
>great gameplay mechanics
Like what? What exactly does it do that no other souls game has done before in regards to gameplay?

>rare technical flubs
>rare
Have you never actually gave the game any real attention? The technical issues aren't rare.

Also being exclusive isn't a flaw and there's nothing wrong with the souls creators making another souls game.

>Nobody says Bloodborne is perfect

I wish.

Most people say that the Defiled Watch Dog is one of the hardest bosses in the game.

Solid points, I agree with your post.

I beat bloodborne like 5 times and I still feel like playing it every now and then. All the other souls games I only got one playthrough out of them and then stopped giving a shit. Bloodborne is just the best souls game.

>great attention to detail
Really? I like Bloodborne and all, but my biggest disappointment was that it was missing all of the little touches that seemed like no-brainers. In particular, Insight was super lame. It was one of the critical elements of the setting but there were only a handful of insight effects and most of them weren't very interesting. Eldritch knowledge's only real purpose is to be traded for rocks.

So it changes like two enemies and makes you take an assload of damage from the most poorly thought out status effect ever. And yet for some reason the entire game is littered with creepy statues that already have progressive morphs in the game that could've easily changed with the amount of insight you're carrying, and the game just did nothing with it. So much wasted potential.

Also
>fun multiplayer
What?

Thats actually one thing I love about bloodborne, you're a glass cannon against bosses. You can smack around a 3 story tall werewolf like it's your bitch or get crushed like an ant because you weren't careful enough

I don't see how that is exclusive to Bloodborne. It seems like you're praising stupid things like Bosses doing nothing for half the fight just because it looks cool.

>mfw people tell me BB isn't casual

You could say that about any moderately difficult game like Souls and Bloodborne. It's not casual, but it's not the fucking test of the gaming elite like Fromcucks claim those games to be.

>being able to repeatedly stun the boss by hitting it a few times
>not casual

Now I've heard it all.

>You could say that about any moderately difficult game like Souls and Bloodborne.
No you couldn't. I don't know about Dark Souls 3, but being able to stun/stunlock/parry every single boss is not something that can be done in any of the other games.

Are these webms supposed to make the game look bad or something?

Yeah it shows how stupidly easy some of the bosses are, despite all the sony fanboys saying "these bosses are super hard trust me guys"

>he thinks these look good

No, it was a solid action game.

Did a "sony fanboy" kill your parents or something?

>damage control

souls bosses are slow though, easy to kill

>Souls bosses are slow thourh

confirmed to not remember anything about DeS/DaS

Oh no! I've been found out! How will I ever recover my image on this Kyrgyzstani sandcastle building forum? I shouldn't have messed with the guy that doesn't like a video game, because console wars are serious business. I better get outta here before he calls me a mean name!

Say that to the pursuer and forge demon

No, it was great

You have to EARN doing that to a boss. It's not just handed to you. When you swing around a giant, flame covered hammer (which I bet he focused on upgrading on the most because the kirkhammer is fun to use) on a boss that is weak against fire, it's going to take a huge toll on its health bar, which for this particular boss isn't that large because she heals. At the end of that webm she could've got half her health back because he didn't bring numbing mist.

It's not any different than parrying Gwyn in dark souls

>Literally posts the same boss like 4 times.
I want to see you try stunlock Logarius or Ludwig the same way you did with the vicar with those mad skillzzz.

>it's not just handed to you
>waltz into boss room and smack the boss a few times
>it falls over

Wow, definitely feels like that was earned. Shut the fuck up retard.

>lol kirkhammer

Posted other webms of the same thing happening with skill weapons that were not buffed in any manner.

>Sonyggers are really desperate to defend their shitty game

Why am I not surprised?

pcfriends would love this game. i would re-buy it, too, but you know

You can't stunlock or stun logarious but you can parry him and lock him out of phase 2.

this desu
the games are good for what they are, but they certainly don't trump other games that feature hand weapon based combat.

Last of Us was worse. So was Alien Isolation.

Missable character quests would be a bigger deal if the NPCs were worth giving a shit about. None of the quests give anything worthwhile, and some are a massive pain in the ass. I haven't finished Eileen's quest, but I heard the Crow of Cainhurst was one of the most annoying fights in the series.

If anything its underrated considering it won barely any awards and it still has a legion of PC exclusive manchildren crying over it when it really is objectively the best souls game and one of the best RPG/ action games in the past 10 years

Most people genuinely cant get through the game so they dont even dare to care about it. Easily observable phenomenon with reviewers like Angry Humberto who make a memecal stream of dying a few times in the tutorial area but never mention the game again because it was legitimately too hard to even complete.

Butthurt microcuck detected

>If anything its underrated
>objectively the best souls game and one of the best RPG/ action games in the past 10 years

Here's your (You), now leave.

Fuck you I liked Loran

How is it not? Inb4 some memecal webm

>unfinished
why do you think this?

I'd say that's probably Witcher 3, even though I know every single reply to this post will be a meme about GOTY awards. It's a downgrade from the previous games, yet was hailed as the second coming for some reason. Or maybe No Man's Sky, because honestly even 1 person praising that game is too much.
Bloodborne didn't even win any awards last year, how could it be overrated? It's remained niche, despite the popularity of the series it's succeeding. I personally think it's the best game of the gen, even when compared against stuff like Donkey Kong, Mario 3D World or Bayonetta 2.
NIOH looks really good too, but I don't know if it'll completely dethrone Bloodborne for me.

nope. witcher 3 by far.

>Just as easy as Celestial
No she's not. She's not that difficult but she's not celestial/pinwheel tier

If Bloodborne had been on PC it would be the best game of the generation.
But because it's being held hostage by Sony it's automatically downgraded to being the worst game of the generation.

I like how this webm is supposed to show how easy the game is, yet you're down to 9 blood vials before even shaving off a quarter of her health.

Are you the most butthurt
:^)
PS4theWin

I not a poor fag so this whole thread is just an internal cluster fuck about which side to take. I only own bloodborne on the ps4 the rest are PC choices and I say there is some truth to this post.

Bloodborne was my favorite in the PVE department (I really hated how the PVP was done). The DLC bosses had me sweating all over my controller.

Sorry, I didn't think I was explaining things to a retard.
When you use a weapon that can do MASSIVE DAMAGE PER STRIKE while also using a FLAME BUFF on an monster that is WEAK AGAINST FIRE, it is going to do RIDICULOUSLY HIGH amounts of DAMAGE to that monster. You were also unloading all of that damage on the monster's WEAK POINTS, which is going to let you STUN THE MONSTER and allow you the OPPORTUNITY TO ATTACK MORE. This boss also DOESN'T HAVE A HUGE HEALTH BAR because she can HEAL when she LOSES HALF of her health, which if you aren't prepared she can UNDO NEARLY ALL OF THE DAMAGE YOU DID.
It's not much different than using a move like thunder on a gyarados. If the attack hits, it's going to potentially finish it one blow despite it being one of the strongest Pokemon in the game.

As for your other WebMD that you're bringing into this...
You got hit and didn't even try to get out, you let Ebreitas eat you
You attacked his weak point and it paid off because he tripped and landed face first into the ground. You then made sure to avoid his lava puddle, went in and attacked his back legs to deal a decent amount of damage. It was played pretty well
That was at the end of her life, and even if you somehow managed to do that throughout the whole fight without her healing it would have still have been a decently long fight because it's new game +. Why don't you use another boss besides Vicar Amelia as an example?

I know Bloodborne isn't flawless, but it's clear you're just spouting nonsense

Don't forget

>gameplay is R1 spam
>every beast boss not named ludwig is utter shit
>chalice dungeons were a waste of development time
>NPCs are more tedious here than in any other Souls game
>shit for variety and blatant recycling in every area, with weapon variety being barely passable after the DLC
>forgettable NPCs and nonexistent story despite the good lore

>30 FPS max with constant dips is a "rare technical flub"
lol

PSPRO exclusives won't happen in nearest 1-2 years cause that would damage their reputation since they just promised that all games will be available on both ps4 and pspro

... If a game is designed in such a way as to allow such min-maxing to turn an otherwise slightly challenging experience into an absolute joke of a 2 or 3 hit "fight", that's the game's fault, not the player's. But then, you also said

>That's why you don't overlevel you filthy casual. Any souls game you can overlevel to bring downa boss in a few hits..and prob you would be able to do the same in nioh

... What. Just, what in the fuck are you talking about? "Over-levelling you filthy casual"? So now you're supposed to not use all things a game offers to empower and improve your character along a path the game itself presents to you, to make the game sufficiently difficult to play as to be fun? So, you're supposed to gimp yourself so the game becomes fun and not a snooze-fest of overly-easy boss fights??

Just what in the jumping jesusfuck are you on about? Stop huffing that fucking paint, for Christ's sake.

Never ever faggot :^)

>huge frame rate issues even after the latest patches
>pop in everywehre
And thus we know you are a pcuck. The only time the game slow downed for me was when fighting 30 enemies while the boss was casting spells.

That second post wasn't me, but in that guys defense it did seem like you overleveled like you decided to fight her later on.
Use a boss other than Vicar Amelia as an example because you don't even have a foundation for your claim to stand on, which is why people that like Bloodborne are going to call you out on your bullshit

If you want to bitch about chalice dungeons, the once is a while FPS drops or the fact that the NPCs are hit and misses thats fine, but don't twist the truth to your benefit

You're right, it is never ever going to be a good game. It's a castrated action game with lazily implemented RPG mechanics to trick idiots into thinking it's deeper than it actually is. A good setting doesn't save a mediocre game.

>aftifical build variety
>little to no replay value

>shallow yearly souls clone hyped up by drones trying and failing to justify a 400 dollar purchase
what do you think OP

It may seem that way since Cred Forums, reddit, and pewdiepie love the souls games, but they are still pretty niche in comparison to other hailed series.

>Even the Darksouls 3 with all the marketing and multiplat and having "souls" in the name cant make half the sale of Witcher 3
>Soulfag actually think their Soul-clone and Soul-related games are best games of the generation

how so? the general consensus is that 4u is miles better than gen. ive heard very few people praise gen because it lacks so much shit

how can it be overrated when it accomplishes absolutely everything it sets out to do, except for the chalice dungeons that almost nobody likes and are pretty much optional?

>it's not an rpg so it's bad

That was my first post here, so I wasn't anyone who had posted previously. I just happened upon this thread and saw an insanely stupid argument trying to blame the player for a game's lack of good design.

t. Pcuck

>spend all your money on the platform neglected by game devs
Yeah no.

If you're a mustard then yes.
If you're a sonygger then no.
If you're a nintodler, depends on the severity of your depression.

>Britney Spears' and Justin Bieber's music is the best because they outsold everyone else