Have you ever played video games with your parents?

Have you ever played video games with your parents?

Played Wii sports a couple of times with them and Diddy Kong Racing/Mario Tennis with my grandpa.

I used to play rock band with my mom, aunt and uncle. We would pound whiskey and sing karaoke until the sun came up.

My dad used to watch me play RE4. He and I took turns playing Medal of Honor: Allied Assault until my mom got pissed at him for playing vidya.

I would except for their being all dead and stuff

Whenever I couldn't beat a level in agame, my dad would beat it. Then he would beat my mom.

My mom would play Pac-Man with me while my dad would play, Gauntlet, Adventure, Gauntlet(ps1), Ice hockey, super Mario, and the last game we really played was NHL 98 when I was into hockey when I was younger

Played call of duty with my dad. He is actually a little bit of a gamer. He owns a ps4 and ps3 and he recently beat bloodborne and shadow of mordor. In cod black ops he reached Max prestige and he has even played through the bioshock series. I gave him my copy of new Vegas and he is going to start playing that soon. It's kind of cool having a family member I can talk about games with.

I used to watch my dad play Super Ghouls and Ghosts and marvel at his skill.

I played Mario Kart with my dad all the time.

I miss those days.

played most of nes and snes library with my dad, we played until playstation 2 when he got shit taste on "cinematic" games

My mom used to play mortal combat with me.

>be child me
>convince my dad to play a game of mario party with me
>he obviously doesn't give a fuck but he joins me
>I win every mini-game and my dad doesn't know how to do anything
>near the last turn I land on the whatever happening space and give him my fucking huge amount of stars
>lose

FUCK YOU DAD

This story doesn't involve incest, so don't expect it.
Near the end of high school, my Mum and I were getting home roughly around the same time. My dad was traveling for work and my sister was always out and about so a lot of the time it was just the two of us home. I guess she got lonely or bored or something, because eventually she came into my room and sat on my floor and asked to play video games. At the time, I only had the Wii and the 360, so I set her up with the original Super Mario Brothers.
It was really weird to see an 50+ year old person play SMB for the first time ever. She died to the very first Goomba by walking straight into it. She never even considered that it would kill her or that she could fight it. She hadn't played any games before so she didn't have any previous knowledge. She got frustrated because there wasn't a way to save your progress, but she eventually made it to around the sixth world. She never did find the warp zones though.
It was a really good time. I kind of wonder if she remembers it as fondly as I do. It was about.. nine years ago now? Maybe.

My mom had to help me with LoZ at around level 4-5, and my dad had to help me with world 8 in SMB, and I'd watch him play the top gun game.

Batman pls

Mom, yes. Dad, no. Mostly sidescrollers. Anything 3d makes her flip out.

My dad was a racing driver who turned mechanics. He flipped a car and broke his back when I was little - still walks, just has more metal in him than Wolverine.

When I got into games, he didn't approve. Thought it was shitty that I liked staying inside and playing fake shit than going out. I mean I still went out, but you know - he was home when I was gaming.

Fast forward a decade and a bit, and I move home from flatting temporarily before getting into my new place. Forza 3 is out and I am smashing that shit every minute I can.

Dad comes in to my room, asking me some shit about the new place, and then notices what I am doing. I'm in the tuning menu looking at gear timing.

He watches for a minute and goes "What kind of engine does this have?" so I tell him, and he goes "And drive train? Clutch?" so I show him. He sits on my bed and asks me to jump around screens a bit, then goes "Ok, change this to this, that to that, and then move this here."

So I do.

"Now go try driving it."

So I do. Lap times down by 2 seconds. Holy shit.

Next we do the camber, then fuck around with the transmission some more. He asks me how I can drive manual in a game but not for real. I reply it's easier with the controls I have, which he then says are like a racing car anyway.

We go back to racing - he starts giving me advice on cornering. Something like 3 hours have gone by. Mom gets back from wherever she ways, pops in and sees what's up. Doesn't disturb us. Dad is getting super excited when he sees the damage on the cars, and that you can do anything you'd do in real life. Because of his advice, and knowledge, I become a racing god. Set new lap times online too. He taught me how to drift properly as well. He was amazed by the technology, which as we know isn't even that amazing.

I moved out a week later, but we played it together almost every day. It was probably the only time I've really bonded with him over anything I enjoy.

I play old arcade games with my dad.
I played 2 player with him on Final Fight 2 and even though he was fucking stoned he made it way farther than me. Also one time my friend came over with a bunch of PS2 games and one of the random ones he grabbed was Rampage: Total Destruction. My dad peeked in for a second and said "Is that fucking Rampage?
The game comes with the original arcade version and that's what I played with him because he used to play it when he was young.
Also, bought my mom a Namco Plug N Play and she fucking plays it whenever I see her.

I used to play Tekken with my dad. He always picked Anna and my mom would get really mad, so we stopped.

Used to play Mario Kart 64 with my old man. Good times.

I played sex with my mom.

I used to play multiplayer 007 with my dad on the n64, we also used to play together on the gamecube but eventually I grew up and we stopped. Looking back it's heart breaking all the times I said no to my dad when he wanted to play videogames together when I was a teen

Wow that was a shitpost

Snowboard kids with my mom when I was eight was the last time I ever played videogames with parents.

>9gag is unironically liked on Cred Forums now

My dad and I played video games with each other very often while I was younger, now we only have brief moments of helping each other out in MMOs.
The last game we sat down and played together was Lego Marvel Superheroes

My dad was a amateur boxer and got me into it through punch out

Told me if I can be as patient in training like Mac is in beating his opponents I can lead a successful life

I got no complaints in life but I wish I didn't find this site nearly a decade ago

omg all them words

Sonic and Loony Tunes on sega genesis with my dad when I was really young. I need to look up that Loony Tunes game because I can feel already that the nostalgia is going to hit me like a truck.

That's pretty cool man

My dad loves Fifa and has bought every installment for the last 18+ years

He even gets PES and Fifa some years

Took a while for someone to post about it.

kill yourself

i enjoyed your story user

its hard being a dad

>mom gets jealous of a video game character
>dad probably just picked her because he likes the move set and ended maining her
>mom still getting butthurt about video game woman
>have to stop playing fun fighter game because of paranoid, jealous mom
Fuck your mom on this note, user.