It wasn't that bad

It wasn't that bad.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jmNdbdSCuC4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It was. One of the many platformers on the snes with mechanics made by a down syndrome

It was. Game was diarrhea coming from my dick.

It was shit, then e-celebs started hating on it and it became a good game, then everybody stopped caring and now it's mediocre.

Thus continues the cycle.

I like it just cause of my contrarian nature and would love to see a kickstarter

the game wants you to go fast and then punishes you for doing it.

You could say the same about literally every racing game ever

Uh, I'm sorry to say that game is doggy doo doo my friend

It was absolutely terrible. Even Alex Kidd's boss fights in the Enchanted Castle were less disappointing.

>Implying game's shittyness changes based on other people's opinion on it.
>MFW

I liked it when I was a little kid playing on genesis/megadrive

It wasn't that bad. Seriously.

The characters were really unbalanced, but that just made everything more interesting. The backgrounds, sprites and character designs were all great

You just want people to post trashy shemale bubsy

Fuck the lot of you, it wasn't that bad. I'll admit I'm the one person on the planet with 8 inch nostalgia goggles for it, but it was by NO means a shitty game.

The sonic style tank controls hurt it, but apart from that. Anyone who complained about fall damage is a total fucking mong. THAT'S WHY YOU HAD THE GLIDE MOVE DIPSHITS. USE IT.

wtf you on about m8

I enjoyed it as a child. These days I think it's okay.

You mean the glide move that makes it IMPOSSIBLE TO SHED MOMENTUM?

You use that over a screen's length of drop distance and Bubsy eventually accelerates uncontrollably fast with no chance to do shit about it

But that's not actually a problem.

>Implying game's shittyness changes based on other people's opinion on it
That's exactly what I'm implying
>game that "they" i.e. REDDIT supports
>shit
vs
>game that "us" i.e. good ol fashioned Cred Forums DONALD TRUMP supports
>awesome
The only prerequisite for anything in category two is that it doesn't fit in category one though.

>The characters were really unbalanced, but that just made everything more interesting
do you even play video games

CANT WAIT! for the cartoon to come out!

who else is excited?

youtube.com/watch?v=jmNdbdSCuC4

> THEY PUT FALLING DAMAGE ON A MOTHERFUCKING 2D PLATFORMER ???!!!

>ywn play bubsy while lighting fireworks and eating de-greased pizza and meatless hamburger helper and carefully deciding if your favorite blue is #6699ff or #1270c7

It's not a horrible game, but it's badly designed. JonTron summed it up pretty well; it feels like they were working on a Mario-style platformer, then when Sonic came out, they made the character ten times faster without changing any of the level design. The thing that makes Sonic's level design work is that he has a way of getting rid of enemies that are directly in his path, but Bubsy doesn't. Sonic can actually maintain his speed and make use of it because he can barrel through an enemy, but if Bubsy touches an enemy, he dies instantly, so all his speed does is make it likely for you to accidentally ram something. And that's not even getting into the fact that his jump goes higher than the screen (yes, you can change the camera angle, but stopping every single time you jump to check isn't what I'd call a fun game mechanic).

I really hate to use the phrase "trial-and-error gameplay", but that really is exactly what it is. You jump, and whoops, there was an enemy on the platform just above you! You're dead! Pressed the D-pad for more than one second? Whoops, you hit an enemy, you're dead! And that's not to say this makes Bubsy unplayable, but it makes the game a lot more frustrating than it should be, and it's no fun to get through unless you inch your way through the game, stopping every second before Bubsy gains enough momentum to crash into something.

Like I said, though, it's just badly designed, not ungodly. It's memorable because it so embodied all the worst aspects of Sonic knockoff mascot characters, and because it'd eventually lead into the lunacy of the Bubsy pilot and Bubsy 3D.

I miss watching his twitch streams with 50 other Cred Forumsirgins