Why was the radio in GTA V so shit?

Why was the radio in GTA V so shit?

The only memorable station was the one with that British DJ who was somehow aware she was in a video game

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E30QsBwrMZ0
youtube.com/watch?v=rndoWcwkgAw
youtube.com/watch?v=aoPWtZDzOGs
youtube.com/watch?v=iRFJi9VK9cg
youtube.com/watch?v=TL6iG8igtyM
youtube.com/watch?v=Mx4YWyuXeIg
youtube.com/watch?v=WBupia9oidU
youtube.com/watch?v=aJIn7batAtc
youtube.com/watch?v=XMIlCq_RZew
youtube.com/watch?v=5DDEl7JnWvo
youtube.com/watch?v=a0dHSx6l2Wg
youtube.com/watch?v=27MHClyQoi0
youtube.com/watch?v=fqL8dy8359U
youtube.com/watch?v=j2i8eb5b84A
youtube.com/watch?v=sIoquPMcG_E
youtube.com/watch?v=UKuoZU77gf4
youtube.com/watch?v=chxtrT591oU
youtube.com/watch?v=zNPvKsUltrA
youtube.com/watch?v=wN6isfgccgE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nothing really follows a theme. Every radio station is just a bunch of songs thrown around. The music selection was also weak as fuck with Soulwax FM, RLS and the rock stations being complete ass.

Look at Vice City, you have 80's songs, SA has 90's music and GTAIV's soundtrack was made for New York. All memorable radio stations but you can hardly remember most songs on V and it just came out three years ago.

UN DOS TRES CUATRO

They actually selected the music by landing in LAX, grabbing a random person's iPod and hitting shuffle.

That fucking song.

It feels like it plays every time I enter a car

An accurate portrayal of L.A.

"If you leave me now, you'll take away the very heart of me."

This pretty much. Anyone who lives in LA claims to hear that song nonstop

When you think about it, maybe that was the point, seeing as the game parodied modern society.

Best radio in a GTA game to date.

I live in south California. What's really authentic is that they got that Mexican DJ in the game. Dude's everywhere.

>talking shit about Baker Street
DELETE THIS

because it took place in modern day in hollywood. of course all the music will be absolute shit

This.

>Talking shit about Kenny Loggins

YOU AIN'T GOTTA LIKE IT CUZ THE HOOD GON LOVE IT

NO EXPANSION DLC

>Whiskey river take my mind
>Don't let her memory torture me
>Whiskey river don't run dry
>You're all I have take care of me

>play GTA V
>It ain't me starts playing

In all seriousness the radio in GTA V sucks big boners. I was hoping for the Alex Jones parody station but the talk radio in V is atrocious. Hell, the game is atrocious.

Yeah, they ruined Fernando by pairing him with a Hilary parody.

>being a dadrocking pleb
Please stop.

The best soundtrack was San Andreas, in my opinion. Maybe it's just because of my taste but every single station was tolerable. It had alt rock in an era where alt rock was Alice in Chains and Guns n' fucking Roses as opposed to whatever is on the alt rock station in V. The DJs were either awesome or legitimately funny. The country music DJ talking about all of her dead husbands was hilarious.

>that British DJ who was somehow aware she was in a video game
You mean cara delevigne?

What are you talking about op. Flylo fm is best radio station in the game.

They cheaped out on the soundtrack to maximise profits. That's really all GTAV is, cut corners for more $$$

GTAV has only been out a few years and I'm turning off the radio a lot of the time because all the songs are just so shit, just so fucking repetitive and annoying.

I can hop on GTA3, Vice City, SA and IV and jam to any station because rockstar actually put some fucking thought into those games.

Can't believe you got the nerve to come after me
Coming fast, but I'm cruising at hyperspeed
Million miles, milisecond, the fastest, see
It's all part of my miracle masterpiece
You got the gall, you got the nerve to come after me
Coming fast, but I'm burning at hyperspeed
Million miles, milisecond, the fastest, see
It's all part of my miracle masterpiece

youtube.com/watch?v=E30QsBwrMZ0

My nigga

Some of the radiostations are alright for GTA 5, I still can't believe that even GTA 4 has better radio stations then 5. I could go back to that game and remember most of the stations and songs instantly but with 5, only a handful.

>spent money on licensing music then went and made their own original soundtrack for the missions
>cheaped out
Shut the fuck up.

Radio Mirror Park might be the best station in the series though.

That girl who's always posted in the /brit/ threads on Cred Forums?

Yes.

nigga did I just catch you shit talking non-stop pop FM?

youtube.com/watch?v=rndoWcwkgAw

youtube.com/watch?v=aoPWtZDzOGs

youtube.com/watch?v=iRFJi9VK9cg

youtube.com/watch?v=TL6iG8igtyM

It's inexcusable how bad the latin station in V was considering how big of a presence it has in LA. This song from IV is better than any of the latin songs in V

youtube.com/watch?v=Mx4YWyuXeIg

In V it seems they went for a more "silly" approach

the next gen versions of non-stop pop and the funk station are pretty great

youtube.com/watch?v=WBupia9oidU

I kind of wish they did a vice city radio station like EFLC instead of having 4 different rap stations, also fuck channel x.

Oh shit thats Jamiroquai.
I didn't even notice.

There were a lot of stations in V, but it felt like the "default" stations that played when you got in a car were only like 4-5 of them. Feels like you didn't hear most of them unless you deliberately selected them.

In the other GTA games, I usually don't switch the station just to get a taste of all the music, but in V, it often feels like they play all the same stations.

Friendly reminder that nothing is ever going to surpass GTA 3 Chatterbox

to be fair, they had to get the Spanish stations right considering NYCs Hispanic population is primarily Dominican+Puerto rican, that and its generally hard as fuck to mess up bachata+reggaeton

No you dumb nigger he said it was the only memorable station. Learn some reading comprehension, gawd.

>Reggeton
No thanks.
Puerto Rico can eat a dick.

love this song

Suddenly I'm in sixth grade again
And I've done nothing with my life ever since

Even if FlyLo's music were good, which it isn't, his using his opportunity as a radio host to fill 90% of the playlist with his own music is poor form.

Baller K verse though. Would have been great to get Rigamortis or Hiii Power instead of ADHD.

The only good thing about GTAV's soundtrack is the OST since they brought along Tangerine fucking Dream.

youtube.com/watch?v=aJIn7batAtc

Sound familiar to you?

SI NECESITA REGGAETON DALE

>It's the only memorable station

>ayyy y u be talking shit nigga?

Because it was a modern day radio. They basically took the shit you can hear today on the radio (most of which is trash) in LA and put it in the game so that the LAfags can feel at home.

san juan sounds in Gay tony was even better: which makes sense considering the background of the characters. It felt like it stood strongly on its own as a pop station. This song is gorgeous

youtube.com/watch?v=XMIlCq_RZew

FlyLo is my shit. I was actually happy to hear that he was going to have his own station in the game and it didn't disappoint.

Faggot

>not NonStopPop
It really was my guilty pleasure and Cara knew it

I miss the jazz and orchestral stations from the previous games, there's no station in 5 that really gets the comfy vibe down at all. Say what you will about IV but it really capturing the urban setting in autumn perfectly.

youtube.com/watch?v=5DDEl7JnWvo
youtube.com/watch?v=a0dHSx6l2Wg

This guy made the OST?

I'm a sucker for the old synth music

>have shit taste in music
>blames game

Space 103.2, The Low Down 91.1, Blue Ark, Worldwide FM, FlyLo, The Lab, and some good songs scattered throughout the other stations. El Rey y Yo is great.

>tfw watching Sorcerer for the first time
>tfw finding out they did the score for GTA 5 as well
Really great band, it's a shame one of them died the other year.

Yeah this. Especially considering how bad IV's was.

>likes GTA V radio stations
>calling others music taste shit

pottery

>IV's
>bad
Tyler the Creator please go

the score in V is so underrated. It gave so much tension and excitement to the missions. nice and understated too and surprisingly catchy. I also love how they had music during the heist setup missions

youtube.com/watch?v=27MHClyQoi0

>Men's sports like Football and Hopscotch
>Australia-America War
>Cheap pimp from Upstate

Holly shit that station was fantastic.

FlyLo and The Lab are garbage

HIGHWAY TO THE

This user knows what he's talking about.

Carl please stop calling.

For some reason I really like this song, makes me feel like I'm melting.

youtube.com/watch?v=fqL8dy8359U

The talk radio in 5 was garbage. It's the only entry where the talk stations aren't my most listened to stations.

It's fucking baffling to me how Cred Forums will defend even IV's soundtrack yet shit on V's.

the journey was so cool....whenever this song played it felt so atmospheric and fit the city perfectly

youtube.com/watch?v=j2i8eb5b84A

Fusion FM also did an amazing job of capturing that jazzy atmosphere

I like them both, but I feel IV's is superior. Habboglabotribbin is the most annoying song ever.

god JNR was so comfy. best song from it is either that, or this

youtube.com/watch?v=sIoquPMcG_E

Huh, I never knew Aphex Twin made this song.
I started getting into his music recently and it's absolutely beautiful, glad they brought a song back for him in V.

youtube.com/watch?v=UKuoZU77gf4

WE GETTIN ARAB MONEY

Yusuf was so based, I'm still pissed they didn't bring him back as a character in GTA V.
>tfw no story DLC where you get to play as Yusuf Amir and go around expanding your real estate empire through violent means

World FM is pretty nice.

youtube.com/watch?v=chxtrT591oU

Last mission of tbogt was legit amazing.

GTA IV lacked a pop station. I feel like they could have used one in place of the shitty regae station with nothing but Bob Marley songs. Not that I hate Bob Marley, but the station just felt out of place.

>tfw that satisfaction of finally killing that piece of shit Bulgarin after seeing him escape in IV
>tfw that whole explosive plane chase and running around the cockpit
>tfw finally making it back to land and metting up with Tony and Yusuf to relax
Fuck man now I gotta replay TBoGT, GTA IV (and EFLC) is one of the few games I'd love to have a next gen remaster of.

No love for west coast classics? Cpuld have had more better songs but for what it was and the songs played are really good.

I liked C-Walk and the Eazy-E stuff but it felt really weak compared to the rap selection in SA

Play your own music then you stupid fucks.

>Look at Vice City, you have 80's songs, SA has 90's music and GTAIV's soundtrack was made for New York. All memorable radio stations but you can hardly remember most songs on V and it just came out three years ago.

It was set in LA, the hipster station was the theme of the city. The problem is,the story was more about the Hipster parts of LA then about actual crime and gang lands. And a hipster setting is too recent to be romanticized.

Rebel Radio, the country station was pretty tight but you never got to do much in the countryside.

Should have kept the characters apart. Trevor with Redneck shenanigans, Franklin in the hood and Micheal with sleazy Vinewood people.

Holy fuck was the Latino radio annoying. I don't hate Latino music, I actually liked some of the songs but man, did they pick ones they knew people would be annoyed by.

Freddy needs a nanny...

I liked Lazlow when he wasn't crazy too.

Lamar >>>>>> Yusuf

>he doesn't like Jesco White

MAXIMUM PLEB DETECTED:
youtube.com/watch?v=zNPvKsUltrA
youtube.com/watch?v=wN6isfgccgE