What is with the normies' insistence that games must have characters that look exactly like them or else it's not...

What is with the normies' insistence that games must have characters that look exactly like them or else it's not relatable?

I have no problem playing a game where i'm a different sex or race or even species because i enjoy having the experience of someone other than myself.

The whole "i need a game where i see myself in it" is bogus.

Lack of imagination.

Lack of imagination.

Lack of imagination.

Lack of imagination.

yiff in hell

Same as it ever was.

Letting the days go by.

THIS IS NOT MY BEAUTIFUL WAIFU

Games are catered to losers who want to escape reality. You can never tell a good story cause youre forced to spoonfeed plebs

Why do they make non-human races playable, when nobody actually wants to play them?

Cred Forums does that shit too.

>actually, unironically self inserting as your character

These are the same kind of clueless normalfags/autists who play exclusively their own gender too.

I play as females because I fell for the xena meme. I have no regrets. I make them pretty because I want to fuck them.

I'm guessing it's all in how you approach playing vidya;
Are you saying/thinking "look at what I'M doing in the game! I just punched that guy and stole his car!"
Or is it "look what my character is doing! He just shot that person in the back!"

Some people see themselves in the role of the protagonist - it should be the same look, name, race and gender, so they feel more involved.
Others just control another character and don't need to feel that close the the protagonist.

It's not as big a problem with films, tv-shows, books, etc, where you could easily follow a protagonist of the opposite sex, different race/age, etc. But once you start controlling him yourself some people want him to feel more relatable.

>not self inserting into a character that is not you
>not attempting to understand the rational of foreign peoples or creatures
>not discovering more about yourself from how you go about doing this, thus satisfying the self insert aspect

>What is with the normies' insistence that games must have characters that look exactly like them or else it's not relatable?
That sounds exactly like Cred Forums.

What's the issue exactly?

Having to spoonfeed plebs is everything, though. It's why "modern art" is seen as a bad thing, and it's why really interesting games like Dear Esther get panned.

It sounds like the Cred Forums tourists.

Don't lie

You're one of those creepy aspie's that exclusively picks girl characters

I literally do not understand the "self-insert" or power-fantasy meme. I don't imagine that in any games I play.

Does that make me autistic?

>5
>posts 4

Normies are generally retarded, so it makes sense.

subtle rp character >>> making yourself in game form >>>>>>>>>>>>>> ugly freak playing as a girl

Charr design just suck, Goblins are pretty much the antithesis to a race people would find desirable to play. Tera and FFXIV only appeal to weebs who want to make their perfect waifus so its no wonder stronk looking race like Baraka and Roe don't do well.

people here complain about it as well.

a handful of black protagonists and a lot of people flip their shit, everyone wants to see themselves, some don't want to see anyone else.

>baraka
>strong

They're just rocks.

>charr design sucks

I don't get why everyone thinks this, I think they look fine.

Dunno, OP, I am an ugly fat man, yet I always play cute girls.

>It's why "modern art" is seen as a bad thing
>>implying it's not

I don't understand people's need to relate to a character in a story, either.

You can relate to someone without being the same race/gender/sexuality

But it sure helps.

I can relate to starving niggers in africa, but why the hell would I want to?

Even if the character's a murderous psychopath with an unknown upbringing, some people will have the tendency to dislike the character purely because they can't relate to the character at all.
It's maddening.

It's not an insistence, it's a mental illness. My character in Phantasy Star Online 2 looks like a human-ayyyy hybrid for fuck's sake.

Truth is I'm a white Scotsman.

>What is with the normies' insistence that games must have characters that look exactly like them or else it's not relatable?
Like you fuckers don't do this shit, too. I've seen a lot of people complaining about playing as a minority or a woman these days.

It helps me to empathize and connect with characters, which gets me more invested. If characters are doing things that I can't comprehend or don't believe, then there's no investment in the story.

It's always nice when the evidence for one's position presents itself.

Know what level we relate on? Experiences. Nobody says "I know that feel" if someone announces that they're black, but they'll say it if they tell a story that the person has had happen to them as well.

But Niggers experience vastly different things than White people do, purely by racial differences.

You don't see Whites having been enslaved.

but there were more white slaves in the Mediterranean than there ever were negros in america

New Ghostbusters movie

Ah, you're right. The difference though is that whites also enslaved them too.

The idea of a nigger being a cracker is funny though,

I think that's different. People aren't getting mad at the fact that they have to play as a woman or a minority, they're getting mad at the willful ignorance and self-satisfaction of faggots putting playing as a woman or minority on a pedestal. And then criticizing everyone else at large for not being a part of their circlejerk despite the fact that people were doing a better job previously without being smug and whiny about it.

>middle eastern slavers
>white

>not even a bowl

I still remember me and my baraka bro playing TERA when it launched. All the characters i ever had in TERA were barakas, i even had a baraka archer that made me chuckle everytime i played him.

I can HALF-understand where they're coming from. When I'm playing my qt dating sim games, and my character has a "heavily tanned" asian hand or face, it takes me out of the experience a little.

But literally any other genre aside from romance? I couldn't give a fuck. I think the real reason they're complaining is just straight up virtue signalling. They don't actually want to play as a nigger or whatever, they just want everyone online to know how sensitive they are for caring about the representation of minorities in games.

I liked my femroe, but I got to it with process of elimination.