Itch and Scratch Game

How to play:
Post an Itch (Describe a game your itching to play, one that you can't come up with)
Scratch an Itch (Make a suggestion to another user about a game they described)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fVrX0MHBZ_I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm itching to play an open world game where I can explore anywhere I want right from the beginning.
Preferably in a medieval fantasy setting but am open to anything.

Hard Mode: No Bethesda

is that what Mount & Blade: Warband is?
i've never played it

I'm pretty sure Gothic 1-3 have that.
They're absolutely shit though, sorry.

Just finished Pikmin 3. Want more but I pretty much hate most RTS and was surprised I liked this one (yeah its light and casual but it still is RTS imo) don't have the consoles to play the other pikmin games, but I want more. Have a wii u, 3ds, ps4, pc.

Games with unique magic systems. Not just MP shit.

Visually, there's Wonderful 101, but I wouldn't really call them the same at all. I'd say Lemmings or Worms is more similar to Pikmin.

Lost Magic on DS
Takt of Magic on Wii (JP only)

Command and Conquer: Red Alert. I just played through it for the first time in ~10 years and had an absolute blast. It's old school but very polished and with lots of nice little details. Siccing attack dogs on infantry or running people over with trucks is very satisfying.

I'm itching for a good stealth game that isn't Hitman/MGS/Splinter Cell/Attack of the Ninja (ie the obvious ones).

oh and Battalion Wars 2

are Deadbolt and Gunpoint obvious?

looking for games that connote homolust and promote shipping.

hardo modu: no fire emblem

Lost Magic on NDS

Looking for a good SRPG on playstation that isn't Disgaea or FFT

Front Mission

Anyone know any good kung-fu games that are not fighters or Jade Empire?

Not at all. Gunpoint was okay, I remember infinitely punching people was pretty funny. Never heard of Deadbolt.

Tokyo Beat Down is a beat em up

Kung-Fu Strike is ok. The combat is fun, but it gets repetitive real fast, specially with the bosses.

I want a calm, open game with a shitload of good secret shit. Walking simulators are acceptable if they're free.

Need to equip the right moves to really scratch that itch though

>Tokyo Beat Down
>Kung-Fu
It was my first thought as well.

Proteus

whatever the hell it is

Proteus has secret shit?
I already own it.

Well they're was something new every time that I played it.

Fez has secret shit

Looks sweet, if simple, Ill defiantly keep an eye out it

Breaty fun, its only is great when co-oping so the combat doesn't get to grating

Did not even think about godhand, to bad my PC is most likely too potatoes to run ps2x stably

A turn based RPG for someone who doesn't really like turn based RPG's except for Pokémon.

zelda 1

I'm itching for a rhythm game that's just like the Rhythm heaven series: your rhythm has a direct impact on the game, and it's not just some 3 minute song in the background

Sounds like someone needs to try Paper Mario.

>Itching
An user suggested that I play the Langrisser series earlier, and while it does look like it's somewhat interesting I'm kinda on the fence about it. Is it worth playing, and if so what should I start with?

>Scratching
I've heard that the Two Worlds series had some unique magic, but I've never played them.

Pic unrelated.

Theatrhythm, available in Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest if you have a hacked 3ds

Space Channel 5

I dunno maaaaan.
>have an itch for some type of game
>play it only to find it boring

Im itching a good pirate themed game thats not ass creed

It was on the list, I'll bump it up. Thanks.

A souls/BB spin off that doesn't suck.

I'm itching to finish fire emblem fates: conquest without sucking. Maybe tactical rpgs are not my genre.

Sid Meier's Pirates? I haven't played many pirate games but I heard one of those Pirates of the Caribbean games are actually fun to play.

Have you played Grandia II? Also check out The Desolate Hope, that game is weird as fuck & did some creative stuff with the JRPG/TBRPG mechanics. Maybe Darkest Dungeon?

I'm itching for an action game with stats that rise as you progress, maybe weapon drops too. I can handle a cheesy storyline & gameplay as long as it's actually firmly grounded & doesn't have bullshit like pic-related's "you can only remember one task at a time, would you like to forget your current task & pick this one up?"
I was looking forward to mindlessly going through this game but then that shit padding happened & I dropped it like a used tampon.

Cyberpunk. I already played Shadowrun
Sid Meier's Pirates

Difficulty/Team Comp?

>Cyberpunk
All I can think of is EYE Divine Cybermancy, & considering you played Shadowrun I'm guessing you want an RPG or summat. Have you seen Satellite Reigns?

Dang, I think Darkest Dungeon might be it. It's the whole teambuilding thing that gets me going.
And I never stopped to think about that game like that. Thanks, user.

Saints Row 4. Not even kidding

>teambuilding
Maybe you should check out some tactics games. Only one I've played is Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, but I believe Disgaea is a renowned series as well.

Cool, thanks.

Open-world with a character creator

That mostly covered the future theme though, the whole society thing since it's still a normal city, except there are aliens and there's a torn buildings here and there

Normal because i have no experience with tactical rpgs at all.Currently stuck at chapter 11.

>Normal
Well fuck. 10 was that annoying defense chapter with Takumi, right? I can't even remember what 11 was.
Generic advice would be to focus on using Corrin and the Nohrian nobles as your main units, with Mozume, Effie and Suzukaze being good units as well. Your Butler is decent at both healing and damage provided they're using a Magic Shuriken as well.
If all else fails, wait and try to stack base bonuses, they can be pretty useful.

Saints Row 3/4

Any games set in the steppe region (between Russia & China, i.e. Mongolia or Tibet or the like)? I already know of Cradle & it's not what I'm looking for, want something with more traditional culture & aesthetics. Colorful patterned clothes & the like.

last post

maybe the third, but talking shit about Gothic 1 + 2 proves you are a child whose opinion is worthless.

I've been hunting for a comfy free-roam driving game where I can just drive around for hours and maybe sometimes partake in a race or two, if the mood beckons. The latest NFS was fairly close to that ideal (and even had the Trueno AE86, always a plus), but unfortunately on top of being a bit on the expensive side it kept consistently glitching out on me. So any recommendations are welcome.

Have you looked into Yume Nikki and/or all of its gorillion fangames? It's a RPG Maker game about exploring dreams. The kind where you can just roam around aimlessly and still likely end up finding an event or even one of the 25 effects needed to complete the game. It has a hell of a lot of secret events, naturally.

EarthBound

That sounds like a terribly broad itch, but of the top of my head, have you ever played Divinity 2? It's a staggeringly long action RPG with some truly stellar writing and characters, if you're willing to look past some iffy balancing.

Salt and Sanctuary is pretty robust if you can look past the edgy artstyle.

I haven't tried it personally, but isn't "The Crew" like that? Also, I think it's free right now. Not a bad time to check it out if you haven't.

>I'm itching for an action game with stats that rise as you progress, maybe weapon drops too. I can handle a cheesy storyline & gameplay as long as it's actually firmly grounded & doesn't have bullshit like pic-related's "you can only remember one task at a time, would you like to forget your current task & pick this one up?"

I got you famalam

youtube.com/watch?v=fVrX0MHBZ_I

The weapon drop system (and subsequent synthesis system) and TECH system is the world's greatest goddamn time sink.

It's fauxpen-world with a lot of tucked away sidequests and optional missions, hidden loot drops, etc.

Plus it's just technically a suberb action game.

Fairly short, but highly replayable, especially with challenge mode. I recommend it to everyone

Now that you mention it, I did grab it for free but haven't tried it out yet. It's supposed to be a MMO or something so it might just fit the bill. That said it bombed pretty hard, hard enough for them to give it away like that, so even if it might get some life now that people are trying it out I wouldn't bet on it being alive for long.

Oops, this is for

>Any games set in the steppe region (between Russia & China, i.e. Mongolia or Tibet or the like)?
There are, as far as I know, only two games set in that region:
Cradle, that you mentioned, and Pathologic. Neither really study the traditional cultures and aesthetics though: Pathologic is taking place in a pseudo-art-nouveau era Russian community and Cradle, while featuring a little elements of traditional culture, is mainly sci-fi and takes place on a way too small scale.

Outside of the two though, I don't think this is an environment that has been studied and depicted in videogames at all. Which is a damn shame, GOD knows I'd love to see a game place in such settings, or at least inspired by them.

Still, you MIGHT want to give both Cradle and Pathologic a try: they are both very interesting games and and at least they get the feeling of vast, open steppes right.

>Games with unique magic systems. Not just MP shit.
You might want to look into Arx Fatalis and perhaps The Void.
Some old-school dungeon crawlers like Dungeon Master or it's later incarnation Legend of Grimrock have some interesting magic systems.

Two Worlds 2 also had an interesting magic system, at least on paper, but god knows that game is dull and frustrating to play.

>I want a calm, open game with a shitload of good secret shit. Walking simulators are acceptable if they're free.
Might want to look at Miasmata: an actual, true walking sim (as in, it actually simulates the difficulties of traversing open terrain and makes walking - and navigating - central gameplay mechanics).
It's quite interesting once you get used to the strange, momentum-driven walking physics and it features a massive, beautiful open island to explore and get (literally) lost in.

Isn't a deadly beast chasing and trying to kill you throughout the game?
Doesn't that take away from the calm part?

Well... He only appears in later game and he is actually quite cute. Seriously - the thing has some very advanced A.I., like Alien from Isolation level of A.I. and if you don't shit your pants when you first run into him, he can be a lot of fun because he actually reacts to what you are doing, and not always in a threatening way. And he does not appear very frequently.

I'm looking for an RPG that uses psychic powers in place of Magic that isn't the Mother or Golden Sun series. Able to be emulated, if possible.

Harmoknight. Rhythm based platformer on the 3ds.

Huh, that sounds interesting.

I'm looking for a game where I can manage a high school, like a school sim. Preferably one with cute characters. Not AA

Any modern sims game.

>Huh, that sounds interesting.
It is. It's kinda shame that most people never really discovered what the thing can do because they would just high-tail it away the very second they saw it. It's not particularly difficult to get away from once you actually get the hang of how the game plays and the movement works either: his main purpose and function in the game is to get you lost (because while escaping from him is not hard, keeping a sense of direction while you do it is), rather than out-right kill you. That is, unless you are dumb enough to simply turn your back to the fucker and try to run in a straight line.

He is absolutely, mind-boggingly TERRIFYING at night though. At night, it's no longer a cute curious kitty, it's a vicious hunter and my god will he fuck you up.

Thanks user. I've already played Cradle, it was nice to look at & hat an interesting premise. Pathologic I'm waiting for the remaster for.

Damn shame indeed, damn shame.

>have you ever played Divinity 2
I believe I've tried it before but all those level-up trees man, I keep getting option paralysis.

Cool, I'll check it out.

>Damn shame indeed, damn shame.
Tell me about it. I do world-building as a hobby and this region and cultures in it have always been by far the greatest source of inspiration for me. So much untapped potential.

Slightly off topic, but you might want to take a look at Shuna's Journey and Sabaku no Tami - two old picture books by Hayao Miyazaki: he was quite fascinated by the settings and made some really interesting stories about it. It even bleeds into Naushicaa the Manga too.
They are beautiful and not very long. Well, except for Naushicaa.

I want to play a game set in a prehistoric european/british isles setting.

Banished.

Cheers, you probably already know a manga called Otoyomegatari, but I'm mentioning it just in case. Extra-good if you're into /ss/.
Another setting I like is old Arabian/Ottoman or something like that. Geometrically patterned tiles & harem bellydancers, what's not to love? I guess anything old & exotic gets me interested.

I'm looking for a game to spread in that's fun and fairly easy to get into, and has enough room for improvement without the need to be optimized to TAS level strats.

It's fairly complex, but Uncharted World is a great survival game set in iron age Scandinavia and it's free.

Speedrun, I mean. Not spread in.

There's Magicka, which you can enjoy for a while on your own but is better played with others.

Crypt of the Necrodancer. It even has a speedrun timer built in. It would help if you're familiar with roguelikes but isn't necessary.

What could scratch my FTL itch?

Rogue Legacy.

Prehistorik 2.

Maybe Death Skid Marks. There's also some new game seemingly utterly ripping FTL off but not necessarily good, don't remember its name.

You mean Space Rogue (and it's shit).