youtube.com/watch?v=BUAI6ABS3-U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't play those shitty games.

Global trade chat.

this

>Play like absolute shit
>Grabbing massive groups and not even using AoE aggro grabbers
>Never use cooldowns
>Any time someone tries to tell me how to play I link them my relic weapon and tell them to shut up

Nothing much, just the usual stalking and killing the same person.

I remember breaking the economy in some shitty cellphone MMO. I started selling a shitload of rare items at low prices. Since everyone charged them outrageously high i was swimming in money in a matter of hours. As a result everyone had to lower their prices to almost nothing.

good for you

Sounds more like you fixed the economy.

When I played Star Wars Galaxies, I was pretty much one of the only master rangers on the server.

One of the perks master rangers got was that they could put down a giant motherfucking camp for people to get rest bonuses in. And one of the aspects of putting down a camp was that it "morphed" the immediate terrain around it to make room for the camp. So if you put it on the side of a sheer cliff, it would form a kind of shelf for as long as the camp lasted. And when the camp disappeared, the ground returned to normal.

One of the other perks of being a master ranger was that you had an ability which would tell you all the creatures in a certain radius, and their distance and direction. As you can imagine, when groups want to go krayt dragon hunting, bringing a ranger is pretty useful, unless you want to wander around the mountains for hours.

So what I liked to do was get hired on as a tracker for one of these big groups (something like 20+ people), go out to the krayt graveyard (it was a big canyon), and lure the party onto a cliffside by putting down my giant camp so everyone could rest/eat/buff/do drugs.

As soon as everyone got comfortable, I would take away the camp, the ground would return to normal, and this giant hunting party would end up trapped under the geography of the world.

All they had to do was log out/in to fix it, but for a few minutes it was sheer panic.

They patched that about week after release, but I had my fun.

Never, because I was never an angsty whiny teenage retard.

This got taken down to make way for TOR. Sad really.

i did this a few days ago
>legion leveling keep getting paired with the same people
>keep wipingthe group pulling everything with barrage
>everytume they complained i would link my artifact and say im better then them for having one

First and only time playing World of WoWcraft, back in the vanilla days.

>friend convinces me to play a free trial
>makes me play as a night elf girl
>we jump around the starting town for a bit and hunt some antelope or whatever
>suddenly a high level player with a mount shows up
>"just do what I do" my friend says
>/dance
>remove armour one piece at a time
>high level player watches us, gives us a gold coin each, and leaves
>wtf
>never play WoW again

STEP OFF!?!?!????

Griefing is so uninspired now. This shit makes drop parties and the wildy look genius.

In Ultima Online I used to employ this strategy with my friends where we'd hide in an open box shape around a road. We were all roleplaying as street urchins in the city, the Street Urchins of Britannia [SUB]. You have to use stamina to walk through people, so people would get stuck in our invisible box, then we'd all jump out, close the box around the person, and start pickpocketing whatever we could. The guards would inevitably start showing up because we'd pickpocket so aggressively, but then we'd have lootable bodies all over the place that other people could take the items from.

We called it the SUB Sandwich.

every expansion I play as horde on in Wow and once I hit max level I go to darkshire with my flying mount and prey on scrubs trying to level in spook town. It sucks cause they added uber guards in each settlement but I still get quite a few heads. I sometimes force them to come away from the road behind a tree and do things lewd things through emotes before releasing or killing them again.

When druids first got flight form and people didn't fully understand how it worked, I used to fly up really high in Outland and find Alliance players. I would be on my flying mount, then dismount in air.

For some reason, I would get a surprisingly high number of people who thought it would be a good idea to copy me. Then I switched to crow and watched them plummet to their death.

Honorable mention goes to drowning people in lakes with entangling roots and following people into town because cat form can stealth at run speed with the right talents. Kill them where its safe, then kill their quest giver because fuck the honor system.

Throw down all your hots and bear out of town.

It was a magical time.

I got my skype friends a bunch of suicide fit thrashers and we joined a mining guild that didnt check API and then we killed an orca and a hulk and made them sad in hisec and got money

I also did this and they cried on forums forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=186003

i like drop parties i always got free stuff

I used to do that in the middle of stormwind. Got like a couple dozen gold in an hour or less.

how do you do this now? I usually just go in with stealth kit kat and pop sunfire and moonfire on a few targets before getting rekt by op raid boss tier guards.

Is it possible to wipe out places like goldshire alone?

In EVE my small group started making impressive amounts of currency by emailing hi-sec corporations, usually mining or mission groups, telling them that they've been targeted by a competitor in the area and demanded that they pay millions of ISK or we would declare war on them and hunt their players.

Some corps would just send us 200m ISK the next day, which at the time was a pretty decent amount. We essentially just ran a threatening protection racket for a few months to pay our accounts. We also had a lot of really good small fleet battles because of it.

This is mostly a dead endeavor now, since they increased the amount to declare war significantly, so you can't just throw war decs out without losing too much money.

why does this make me laugh so much

just the last line

I don't know how to do it now. I quit playing after they made Illidan and Kael'thas raid bosses.

In Burning Crusade, it was stealth in as cat, insta-gib a few people, switch out and spam moonfire, heal up as guards jump you, switch to bear, jump to the farthest guy away, pray you weren't dazed, and either pop sprint if needed or go travel if you're safe enough to get out. Wait to leave combat and stealth again to avoid any people trying to trail you. If it was something like a lone warlock or other clothie, it was an easy extra kill.

Especially warlocks. They sucked badly for a while. I killed skull level warlocks in raid gear in late vanilla wow.

not exactly MMO but space station 13 has millions of ways to fuck with people

-chemist and make poison pills labeled as medicine
-chemist: make 100u x 100u water potassium grenades, label them "Fun colored smoke for kids!" and give them to the clown, see his bloody corpse getting dragged by security into medbay
-scientist: make bombcap cannisters with remote frequency triggering. Place them around the station while set to the default frequency. Remove your id and speak on the radio "First person to send signal to default freq gets a prize!"
-security:be shitcurity and lock people up for 10 mintues because they broke a window, remove all their gear and insert most of it inside their anus, get banned for 2 days
-break into telecomms and start scripting in the server to basically do whatever you want. Mute some people, talk as them, make everyone say random quotes like "AND I'M GAY" over the radio, endless posibilities with this one.
-engineer: Mess with the disposal pipes and make long fun rides that start in a main corridor and end up launching people in space to die
-atmospherics: Fill the vents with plasma for pure destruction, N2O for sleepy station, CO2 for silent killer
-medic: Put people in sleepers and pump them full of morpphine so they sleep for a while
-medic: put random chems in the cryo chambers so they inject themselves with whatever you put in there without them knowing
-medic: take sleeping people into the operating room and remove their genitals, put bombs or weapons in their rectum or take out their brain so robotics can make a cyborg with them

This is probably the greatest game for someone who's socially creative and wants to fuck with people.

Non-WoW Griefing
>creative griefing stories, each one is unique and requires dedication or a sharp wit

WoW Griefing
>lol guys I pull aggro
>kill some nubs

>shit talk some level 100+ on runescape
>get under his autistic skin by calling him Pathetic and a Noob
>he's unironically seething and saying shit like I'm retarded for calling him that when I'm a lower level
>tell him to wait right here so I can get on my main account and return to him so we can go into the Wildy and duke it out like real men
>come back to same spot 5 minutes later on my wc pure acct just to see how long he stays there without realizing its me
>he stood there for hours waiting

Not an MMO, but

>Playing Halo 3
>Friend is working on a Forge map for hours
>Just chilling and talking to him for
>says he has to go to the store to pick some stuff on
>over the next 20 minutes, Me and another friend delete everything and create a giant dick made out of random crap in the center of the map
>he comes back and loses it
>we are just giggling like crazy

Apparently he forgot to save too, so he had to completely start over.

Because showing your relic weapon as an example of how good you play is retarded as fuck.

Not so much griefing as extortion but:

>Used to play shitty korean grindan MMO with a PK system named Rappelz
>The debuffing/CC class had long-duration sleeps/roots/etc. with no diminishing returns
>Get together with two others of that class and go to bridge that got a lot of traffic due to being the most direct path to a dungeon
>Turn on PK mode and wait for people to pass by on their way to the dungeon
>Chain roots/sleeps/etc. to make them completely unable to pass
>Only let them go if they paid us

It was fun for a few hours and when I went to log in the next day I found I had been banned for 24 hours for harassment. Also in the same game:

>Game has weekly dungeon sieges where two guilds fight for control of a dungeon
>Our guild owns the most popular level 30-50 dungeon and we have to defend it every week
>Defending involves protecting the "dungeon core" at the deepest part of the dungeon
>There is a glitch in the terrain of the dungeon that allows you to run up a wall in the middle of the dungeon right to the core room
>This is against the rules yet was not fixed for a long time so they just banned people for it for a long time
>Volunteer to guard that area every week
>Any time someone would attempt to use it I would sleep them, take a screenshot of them using the glitch, then kill them
>After the siege send them whispers telling them I have screenshots of them using the glitch and if they don't want me to report them to trade me large amounts of money

You don't do any of it now thanks to phasing. Blame carebears that want to be special and untouchable in their little fantasy world despite the "massive multiplayer" aspect that should permit such things.

youtube.com/watch?v=BUAI6ABS3-U

>>After the siege send them whispers telling them I have screenshots of them using the glitch and if they don't want me to report them to trade me large amounts of money

Yep. After a few weeks of it I was able to buy the rarest, at the time, pet in the game and upgrade my weapon to an absurd level.