Speccy thread

Post em

any non plebs out there?

Here's a bump for you

Gonna grab a used 4790 soon but otherwise I'm pretty happy with it. 1060 is @ 2100 / 4700

>2016
>not decorating your speccyy

I really need to get more ram sometime

What are you doing that needs more than 16gb ram?

Shitposting

Strewth, cunt! Thet's alutta shetpostin' mate!

Posted this a few days ago right as the thread died. Was thinking of upgrading next year but is there any "must have" PC games that are worthy of an upgrade coming out within the next year or so? I always disable shit like bloom, blur, AA (personal preference), and any other ugly resource hog so getting 60+ fps in any game is very achievable.

What do? Apart from the storage & GPU, its getting close to 8 years old and I'm tempted to dump 3000 Canadough into a new build. Also thinking of overclocking till it pops (its at 4.2ghz right now) so I'll have an excuse to build a new one.

I dont understand why people settle for 60fps.

>not timestamping your speccy

faggots, all of you

>970

Whats it like living the meme?

Same reason I don't go ultrawide. Some games are stuck at 60fps and some games don't do ultrawide.

>Being so paranoid that some user faggot on Cred Forums won't believe you own a midrange gaming rig

Yeah, you really got me there.

>some games have shitty fps
>better make sure all games do

You need high end shit to reliably run games at 144Hz anyway. Sure it's great for quake or csgo fags but for everyone else it's just too out of reach. 60fps is a good, achievable sweetspot.

>1600mhz at 11-11-11-28

Disgusting

In a year I just might be $30 richer.

I didn't choose the meme life, the meme life chose me. I was an early adopter and missed out on $209 GTX 980s from Microcenter and returning my 970.

It's been an alright card but I am planning to replace it next year. Resale value is abysmal but in likelyhood I'm going to build new based on Zen or Kaby and buy more SSDs and keep this PC for my girlfriend to use or for friends and whatnot.

Eh why not. Monitor is FreeSync btw.

Lead by example. No one else has timestamped there's. How do I know you have 7 980tis and cryo-cooling?

I don't know but I can tell you have autism without any timestamp just fine.

144hz monitor will definitely be step up but with an older 60hz monitor, its not bad if you're rockin a solid unlocked fps well into the 100s.

"Adequate" is the best way to put it.

>You need high end shit to reliably run games at 144Hz anyway

Not anymore man. 1070 can come close at 1080p.

You can get a gpu set up like in the OP for $800
That can run all almost games at 1440p above 100fps

>AMD
lol fgt

Anons, help me out, what should I upgrade to play BF1 and Overwatch at decent settings?

get the 1080 from AMD?

I dont have much money though.

>
errr sorry meant 480 from amd.

>what should I upgrade to play BF1 and Overwatch at decent settings?
Everything

Everything.

Kaby Lake or Skylake and a RX 480 or GTX 1070 at least.

a new gpu is what would help you the most, an RX 480 would be good

Find a good forum for buying used hardware, since you don't have much to spend.

Then stop being a literal retard and get an intel cpu for starters, find a used i5 or preferably i7 (a 4690 or 4790) along with an appropriate motherboard. Then get a used 970, they're pretty cheap and good value.

I don't know about PCs but isn't Overwatch really fucking light?

Battlefield 1 though, fuck, my PC is decent but I only got like 60 FPS at the lighest w/ low settings

hmmm seems good.gonna try and find a good price, just saw the AMD store and they were going for more than 250.

its not about being liberal, its about being expensive, I got AMD first because it was way cheaper than going intel.

Overwatch does run better than BF1, but I would love to play it at more than medium settings, if I stream I have to go to the lowest setting., BF1 though I ran at a silky smooth 20-60 fps at the lowest

Guys I haven't checked my PC specs in ages, and it said my CPU was running at 79 C. That's not normal is it?

The weird thing is my GPU is way lower at 44 C.

at idle or under full load?

>tfw all I just need is an 15 2500k and I'll be contented

i5-2500k*

Might as well snag a 2600k instead.

Can you even OC on that mobo? Anyway I'd just ride that rig for another year then assemble a fresh build.

Too hot, you need to blow out the heatsink and make sure your case fans are running

>stop being a literal retard
>find a used i5 or preferably i7 (a 4690 or 4790)
You might be the retard, m8. i7 isn't useful for vidya.

If your mobo can be flashed to AM3+, get an FX-8350 and a 4GB 470. $300 upgrade, minus whatever you can get for the 1GB 7850 and FX4100. You'll have a good rig if you do that.

Daily reminder to check to see if your RAM is running at the correct speed.

Should I upgrade? the GPU is a 290x btw.

>You might be the retard, m8. i7 isn't useful for vidya.
It's 2016 and your outdated advice is worthless.

The reason to recommend an i5 over an i7 is that you could better spend the extra 100 bucks on the next tier card.

But if you already are doing an upper tier card, you will see benefits from an i7 AND it will be more futureproof.

i7s also have a noticeable effect on minumum frame rates and almost universally show better frametimes.

Speccy shows half. If you have over 2133MHz DDR4 and forgot to enable XMP then you're just a dummy. If your RAM reads as single channel you need to alternate slots

Not really considering the locked Skylake i7 single core performance is less than that of a locked Skylake i5 or i3.

It's 2016, still no reason to get an i7 for games. Anyway the other user is obviously poor. He's not anything close to an i7 candidate

Pic related is just one example - either you get no benefit or an unused benefit. For most people anything past 60FPS minimum is a waste, and even my FX6350 can do that in most games.

No real reason to upgrade either

BF1 minimum specs shows 7850 as minimum GPU.
Upgrade that I suppose.

Definitely not. You're sitting pretty (if hot) at the moment.

Your next upgrade will need to be a monitor / graphics card combo, and there really aren't any reasonably price cards with that much more performance on the market. AMD's Vega or Nvidia's Volta might interest you.

>No real reason to upgrade
By that you mean that you don't play anything new?

I'm having some problem running some of the new games, what should I upgrade? I'm thinking about changing the mobo and cpu, not sure if that's the problem though

anything desu
overclocking my processor does little anyway

Would like to buy another, however computers are quite expensive here in my place

fuck, forgot my pic

>overclocking my processor does little anyway
user...

Mine's an i3-2100, that's why I wanted an i5-2500k

>overclocking my processor does little anyway
I was talking about the i5 2500K you want, not your i3

then why even bother replying, bruv

I know, but your board might not support overclocking, which means you should just get a locked 2600 instead.

Well, almost nothing new, I think this year, i only played like 3 new games: Tomb Raider, new Deus Ex and Homeworld Kharak. TR ran fine and isn't even a 2016 game technically speaking (being a port of 2015 game), Deus ran like shit, but i assume it's more of a technical problems than lack of power in my GPU, and Kharak wasn't that demanding.

alright, I'll note that, thanks

Unless vega 10 is titan x level of performance i'm set for next two years.

Point is the K CPU is a waste because you can't even use it m80. Can't OC your i3 in the first place, it's locked. You have no idea what you're talking about, do you?

DE:MD definitely needs a better GPU. I'd buy a new graphics card (like a 1060) before you play another new game. The 660Ti is basically the 750Ti, which is shit.

Is this good?

I honestly don't know, no bully[/spoilers]

Updated this month.
Waiting for 2TB SSD to ghost my OS on one.

2tb ssd are available, they cost more than your whole PC though.

if you are okay with low and 720p settings it is good

Nah they cost 1000 bux. My PC cost me 2800.

>DE:MD definitely needs a better GPU
For higher framerate - maybe. I mean, when game wasn't freezing for 2-5 seconds, it was pretty playable. Though maybe my GPU is starting to give in too

australia?

France. USD=Euro price for composant so we get fucked hard.

it actually runs most things at medium-high!

it was freezing because of i5
a lot of people with i7 say it doesn't freeze for them
weird I know

don't you also have 20%+ purchase tax?

I really hope they release a patch for it. I plan on renting the game again in a few months when DLCs come out

Troll or stupid?

I asked at least 15 people about this, people with i5 complained people with i7 didn't. Same category GPUs.

>gpu is 60C
Please tell me that's not idle temp

Yeah sure m8. Post links

At least the 8gb aren't bottlenecking me

Yeh, that's probably why they go for USD=Euro. Fucking Europe.

i love getting my rig. 120fps is butter smooth. i hope i dont need to SLI in the next 5 years

Why do people keep using this inaccurate shit?

Get AIDA64 or HWINFO64

Anyone know if its worth putting a 1060 in this thing? Anyone have experience running newer GPUs on gen1 core i7s?

Thank goodness Cred Forums went back to PC gaming, hi and welcome back guys.

forgot pic

Playing on consoles are comfier

Time for a new graphics card

had that one too, the 1070 was a nice jump for playing on 120hz, but the 760 should be fine on 60Hz. Don't do it mon

to be honest despite it's age it runs pretty much everything I play for the time being (Dark Souls 3, Dota 2). I doubt I'll get a 1070 as it'd be an overkill for me so I'll most likely settle with rx480 or 1060

>Can't even spoiler correctly
What are you, a newfag?
Your build werks, but not the best there is

>Home Premium
>1064MHz memory
user why?

Is this AMD GPU idle temp?

>not enough power for 4k
>1440p seems like a stopgarp measure for a year at best

I'm kind of new to all this, built my first pc a month ago. Is this any good? Thinking about upgrading my GPU used this 970 from a prebuilt I got as a gift.

There seems to be something missing grom this post.

Oh shit! damn
Here it is

Depends on whether you want more perf, 970 is still pretty good, but it's now mid-range level.
Getting an SSD would net you a nice boost in system responsiveness.

Yeah, I'm quite happy with it but I'm thinking about getting an SSD and a 1080. Should be good for a couple of years, right?

What is the point of the 1080ti if even the Titan X can't do 1440p/144hz at max settings?