Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen

About to start this for the first time what am I in for? Also any tips Cred Forums? What class should I go with?

Other urls found in this thread:

dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Immolation
ddda.lennardf1989.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If you're an autistic minmaxer like me, just don't go with Mage, the other two are fine. Even if you want to use magic, for some reason the other two classes have dramatically better stat growths.

Think of the colours like a difficulty selector.
Red is hard, blue is medium, yellow is easy. If you want to be able to kill absolutely fucking everything in the game in 10 seconds, Ranger.

you can change class as much as you want so it doesn't matter

and in endgame your stats don't really matter either so just have fun

I'm playing for the first time as Mystic Knight and I'm having a lot of fun. I think it's a good newbie class because you get to experience both melee combat and magic.

There are some combinations that feel so so extremely OP, but OP in an awesome way, not a boring way.
I can kill a Cyclops almost instantly by placing two great cannons at its feet and then two perilous sigils, and then use stone forest for good measure. Takes a long time to pull off and basically all my stamina, but seeing it's health bar drain so fast just makes me feel so powerful.

If you want to GET UP ON THE HYDRAS BACK pick any of the dagger users. The other classes are fin (other than warrior which is p. shit despite being fun), but the climbing mechanic is probably the most defining thing about this game's combat compared to other action rpgs.

>Also any tips Cred Forums?
Wolves hunt in packs.
Goblins are weak to ice and fire both.
Go to the shop in the castle town, they're masterworks all, you can't go wrong.

Tis not enough ought in that advice arisen.

Waifus and fun. Any class is viable other than maybe warrior later on in BBI. Don't worry about stat leveling since gear and augments can make up the damage easily

It's not very long, so just go in blind the first time. Second playthrough you can look at the wiki and shit to figure out all the convoluted bullshit

There there pawn. Just have a nice quick brine bath and it will all be ok.

If Quina and Mercedes are gone due to their quests and I haven't given the arisen's bond to anyone and I've spoken since to someone with maxed affinity does this mean there's on way of having either of them as my beloved?

>Throwing your pawn to the Brine.
I hope you don't mistreat your own pawn..
You should only throw other people's pawns into the Brine.

They are like cats. They won't learn to stay off the table unless you disciple them.

Stat wise is hard to fuck up, gear fixes you offensively and defensively. The only stats you might hurt for are stamina and hp.

I went assassin for like 150 levels, but I felt like I was made of paper in BBi, stamina wise I could cling on for a long ass time.

Never did a run low stamina, but I imagine its a bitch for anything other sorceror.

Your beloved is always going to be whoever you spoke to last with the most affinity. Giving them the arisens bond doesn't actually lock it in

I was hoping there was a way to speak to Quina or Mercedes again before the part that chooses your beloved.

You should play every class and see which you like. Mystic knight and magic archer are objectively best classes though.

>Train my pawn to support my playstyle throughout the whole game.
>Decide to switch it up and change my role in the fight.
>Suddenly my pawn is useless.
I should have tried harder, I'm sorry my sweet pawn.

What class is the most fun to play as? Anything OP?

They're not even good characters, you should go for an actual cutie like Selene
Besides, your beloved can actually change between the part they first come into play and the ending anyways.

try to do as many sidequests as possible, the wiki should help.
Make sure to set up your portcrystals in important places. This should make your playthrough easier.
Don't go to bitterblack isle until you've killed the dragon. There is an extreme, difficulty spike in postgame.

There is always some point in the game where your Pawn just becomes a lovable retard.

"I'm helping Arisen!"

Lolis. Sword lolis, wizard lolis, thief lolis. Lolis everywhere.

>"Arisen, there's aught here."
I loved those dumb little companions.
When do we got Dragon's Dogma 2 already?

Strider is the most fun early on.

Assassin is fun but can be difficult. technically most options.

Magick archer has the most damage potential per second. considered top tier.

Mystick knight has very good options. And is one of the most strongest classes.
Warrior is quite fun but has very low options and is very vulnerable particularly in late game.

Mage is shit

Sorcerer has the most destructive moves but long cast times.

Fighter is ok, best used on pawns.

Ranger is also quite strong, best in ranged combat, If used with special arrows.

They really are endearing. Even when they do pants on head retarded shit like pointless jump over a chest when there is a ledge on the other side and brine themselves.

"Look at me jump Arisen!"

DD2 never.

>DD2 never.
It's not fair.

At least give us another game with companions as fun as they were.

A Monster Hunter game with the Pawns from DD would be great fun. Palicos are ok, but just aren't Pawns.

But Capcom is allergic to good ideas and money so it will never happen.

Nah, MH wouldn't really work with pawns and they don't even need to make new companions in the first place.
Just give us the masked buddies back and it'll be worlds better.

Why do they always have to kill the good game series?

Because Capcom.

Magick Archer
a
g
i
c
k

A
r
c
h
e
r

I'm confused. Does combat in this game require skill or not?

Maybe.

Give us a fucking PS4 version already Crapcom!

Yes until the late game if you aren't playing a Magik Archer.

Bitter Black Isle will push your shit in regardless of class however. It is just easier as a Magik Archer.

>no
So it is.

Yotsuba never lies.

Sounds good. I'm an Assassin right now and the game is a boring spamfest so far.

>So it is.
Maybe.

Why the fuck would you want a PS4 version? Just play on the PC with a controller, you fucking mong.

Assassin is fun, but its play style can be a bit bland. Try out Magik Archer for a bit. You will be OP, but the abilities are fun. Then try Magik Knight.

I recommend grabbing a sword with assassin and learning how to counter everything to death.

Is a golden egg a sufficient enough gift to give a hired pawn or should I be giving them better stuff?

Yotsuba affirms it is true.

Dragon's Dogma combat requires no skill.

Assassin requires the most input precision and creativity. you should combine skills in sequence. Concern yourself on the skills Easy kill/masterful kill and stealth/invisibility.

Theyll probably be glad for the RC gain alone. Most stuff people give for hires is garbage anyway.

You forgot to mention the Cancel. That move is fucking amazingly useful once you get the hang of it.

Does the Assassin have to mount bosses most of the time?

It's good early on, but once you get to BBI you should be giving pawns either Daimon/Death mats or BBI lvl3 stuff

a fucking shit game lmao

if you are determined to play the game, keep playing until you get to gran soren though

It requires the same skills as any action-rpg.
The ability to read small text and management of equipment.
That being said it requires more effort than some other rpgs

DD threads are comfy

no that's the strider. Assassin has bows and can use easy kill on large monster melee hits.

Well I'd argue against her that The Reaper, that area directly before Daimon's 2nd form and Daimon himself require some degree of skill or at least thorough planning.

But then I'd give in because I'm not a strong enough man to go against Yotsuba.

I refuse to believe your lies.

Unless you are Yotsuba.

Then you are attempting to confuse me, but it will not work because I am too smart for you.

Give Hardbone to slutty pawns and wilted flower to ugly pawns.

Depends on whether you want to go the Dagger route, in which case yes, or the sword route in which case it is still viable but not necessary.

give really shit pawns a godsbane forgery

carry all weapons for maximum option variety. It's in assassin strength.

depending on the class you play, you get different sats growth. you should look up what classes gives you what kind of stats.

dont go mystical knight and magic archer early because they give out horribel stats.

Strider is the most fun class what the fuck are you doing

>Thorough planning
>Apply Tenfold Flurry with blast arrows directly to the forehead

>Playing easymode yellow classes.

>Cheating.
You didn't really earn your victory.

make sure your pawn is the same class as you. he learns from watching you so teach it how to fight right.

>Magick archer has the most damage potential per second. considered top tier.

Strider, Ranger, and Assassin all OBLITERATE magic archer in terms of DPS thanks to blast arrows. Magic archer can't even hope to come close.

Even if you're a retard who thinks blast arrows are cheating, Strider still does more DPS with brainsplitter.

>not making a ranger pawn who can solo the game

enjoy your MMO because we wont be getting anything else.

>Not raising a dumb healer excited by and ignorant to the ways of the world because of her years of dedicated prayer and teachings..
>Not raising a battlemage that's out of touch with the rest of the world due to years of training.
It's like you don't want a cute little sidekick.

It's a lie user.

Pawn AI is determined by what you are fighting with how many stars and inclination.

How do pure physical classes like Assassin/Warrior deal with enemies that only take damage from magic sources?

Ur dragon weapons

I throw own pawn into the brine all the time. Got to get that sweet Autonomy buff.

Weapon buffs in general will greatly help.

sounds to me you just want a heal slut you sick fuck.

You both know there is only one correct choice for Pawn.

I just generally lay down and cry until my pawns kill it.

Elemental weapons or hire pawns like sorcs to deal elemental damage.

Fuck, I went Mystic Knight as soon as I reached level 10 and now I'm rank 10. Is minmaxing actually important or will I be fine?

Depends on whether there is a ledge nearby. You can still do knockback to stuff like that with Mighty Shot (Or whatever the box charge shot is).

Otherwise run you fool of a Took.

Gear can fill the gap. You just won't be able to one shot end game bosses.

I heard that min maxing gives you 200-300 stats extra, but gear equips give you 2000. You should be fine even if you don't min-max.

nah. you be fine as long as you have good gear.

>hire pawns

"Tis weak to Holy Arisen! So instead of buffing you with that I will keep buffing you with Ice!"

Not a slut, just a cute sidekick.
Only once have I ever made her dress like a slut, but that was justified.

How do I light myself on fire? I want to be the flaming little girl and go on adventures with my loli sidekick.

>Equipping pawns with more than 1 weapon buff
Stop hiring pawns from retards.

Depends really. If you minmax and then factor in all the multiplier buffs, it can actually be a pretty sizable difference between you and another player that didn't minmax. The difference for gameplay though is very minimal since at 200 with best gear you're still going steamroll everything except maybe Death unless you're using an attack to guarantee stun him and knock him down over and over like blast arrows can do.

dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Immolation

Kind of disappointing that one of MA's best skills is the one where you should hump the monster's face

Nope

You can train your pawn.

Things I've taught my brown amazon ranger pawn
>dodge rolls everything
>in the rare case she gets hit she uses the dagger cancel to break hit stun
>ONLY USE 10FOLD ON WEAK SPOTS, DON'T FUCKING DO ANYTHING ELSE
She machine guns 10fold
>oh yeah 10 fold bomb arrows

be useless and wait for your sorc pawn to cast a nuke

Gotta love 5/10-fold. Combined with Bomb Arrows and peritaphs you can even make Death your bitch.

Weapon buffs, weapons that deal split magic/physical damage, or just knocking them off a cliff with blast arrows/warrior skills.

>Want more DD
>Try DDO
>Everything is only slightly different than DD, not enough to really play like a different game but still different enough to not really feel like more of the same
>Just generally underwhelming
>tfw the wind will never push me again

>not training your pawn
They won't just instant block on their own no matter how many stars they have.

What a shame.

Yeah, it got MMO'd. Still, alchemist tho.

Thank you user, starting it up again for the first time in ages to do this.

Is there any ways to quickly level up a classes rank? I used to use the Lich and it's infinitely respawning skellytons, is that best way?

magick items.

>start up DD:DA
>wind pushes me
>play manly fighter
>bows and magic are for pussies
>spank bosses with my sword

I liked farming the hostile guards in the noble district at endgame when they'd infinitely respawn. You can just stand on a wall where they can't touch you and let your pawns kill them, and they give practically no experience so your class rank will max out without you wasting a level on any unwanted stat gains.

I've already screwed my stats up big time, so the levelling doesn't really matter much.

I'm not at endgame unfortunately, because apparently I decided to restart again right before finally putting down the game.

Kill infinite summoned skelliemans at night or the snow harpies just down the road from gran soren.

I just got the two copies of the Ring of Perseverance. Never needed to grind really, just played every class normally.

still takes longer than a High Maelstrom

All roads lead to Gran Soren, Arisen.

Will try that right after I get my Nun to Gran Soren, thank you.

>Ring of Perseverance.
Guess I may have to venture back into BBI then, I never did have any luck with item drops there.

Does godsbaning work on the bitterblack curse purification?

From memory the item is determined when you pick it up, not when it is identified. So not really no.

You can apparently influence what sort of class gear you get though depending on what class you and your Pawn are I think.

Yep. That's how it goes. I remember that process really well when I tried to get good gear from Daimon back in the day. Pissed me off so much that I had to start cheesing Daimon with blast arrows to just get things done faster.

If DD ever by any chance gets a sequel I hope they drop randomized gear. I hate godsbaning in front of a chest until I get something useful, and I fucking hated farming Daimon. He's a really cool boss fight but after your 5th time it gets really old.

There isn't really much need to farm for gear towards the end. Almost any BBI gear dragonforged is pretty nuts statwise.

kek

Epic screencaps bro XD

I didn't make it. If I had the sort of competency to make something like that maybe I wouldn't feel so useless and dead inside.

Got them from reddit right? XD i looove that place XD it's full of funny memes from Cred Forums XDD

Were you not around for the DD threads when the PC port dropped?

Why are pawns so endearing?

You're trying too hard.

There were a lot of threads on r/gaming and r/pcmasterrace, that's were I saw screencaps like yours xD then I came here to see more funny stuff xDD
Sometimes I screencap threads and post them on reddit, I get so many upvotes XDD i love this place xd

Shit advice, you didn't even tell him where all the roads lead, or if if hobgoblins are a formidable foe.

do you have a brain problem?

as long as you're having fun I guess

Stop shitposting. Mirai.

I started ddda again for the first time in forever due to playing on pc now instead of x360 and my delicious brown elf woman pawn is getting a shitton of rents compared to the loli i made for shits and giggles the first time.

>First run of BBI
>Playing Warrior
>Pawns all dead to death in the sewer
>Rift stone after the boss arena
>See boss is just a suit of armor
>Easy stuff
>Smash it with ease
>It shatters into pieces
>Wait, why does it still have half its health
>Pic related

Reminder that perfect blocking is the best

>Using tools the game provides you with itself
>Cheating

screencapping epic bread, see you guys on r/Cred Forums,you've just been TROLLED

Jesus how do you train your pawn to do this?

Bestiary knowledge and the utilitarian inclination.

>the pawn training meme is still alive

comedy gold

>playing class with a bow
>aiming is awkward as fuck on the controller
>everything else is awkward as fuck on Keyboard + mouse

My autism cant handle this.

>what am I in for?
Wolves, packs
Fun
Top tier OST
Laura Bailey
Even more fun
Delicious jewfu slut
Framerate shitting itself if you pick up MK

>All this talk makes me want to fire it up again and make a new character
I wouldn't know what to play, I dabbled in most things on my first character and wound up with MA and my pawn was a Fighter.
I'd be intending to only have my pawn and not use any extras, but I can't think of a fun way to do it.

and blue+yellow is absolute easy mode
>4xmagick rebalancer
>ninefold or ricochet hunter in corridors or small rooms
>ded
And I fucking love it

Throwblasts

>make my pawn a cute loli healslut
>never gets summoned

Will i fuck her up if i change her class to a Fighter or strider?

change your inclinations, then you should be alright.

height influences weapon reach.
It's not much of a problem for the player character, but short pawns can behave quite stupid and misjudge their reach and distance to the enemy.
So i'd say make her a ranged class if you change.
Also, you can buy and item in the encampment for rift cristals that lets you change everything about your characters and your pawns appearance once.

>cute loli healslut

How many of those do you think there are already?

A fuckin lot

>PC players have literally datamined the game to prove that pawn training isn't real
>Zero evidence that pawn training exists
>I-IT'S NOT JUST INCLINATIONS AND BESTIARY I TRAINED MY SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE PAWN TO DO X THING I SWEAR ;_;

some autist figured this out on consoles years ago and people still don't believe it

Do you think you're funny or something?

How do I train my pawn to buff me properly? The fat fucker just casts healing and stands in fire all day long, it reminds me of Molten Core raiding.

make sure utilitarian is the main inclination, not medicant.

How do I get drops off of Ur Dragon on PC? I'm 72 Assasin with the Ur daggers but I feel like I'm not even doing damage to his spots. I haven't even killed him yet, because I always miss the Grace period.

you just have to try and catch him on grace. gamefaqs had a constant thread for him on ps3, so i'm guessing they do the same for pc

I think the Steam forums has a thread for Ur's status

Are any one of these DD threads legit or it really /ddg/ trying to start a DD thread every time?

MK is literally the definition of OP in a boring way

>4 sorcerers
>only using grand/high brontide
>Daimon gets whipped like a slut in the arenas corner.

I think everyone forgets that you can carry items that cast spells

How do you have the Orilux shield but that Chimera is not melting away the moment you sneeze on it? What level is this?

At that point I think i was around lvl 60, I had done the gold idol quest and I was using an un-upgraded and older weapon for the purpose of not butchering everything in a couple of seconds, its more fun.

So you really can't train your pawn to do things?

No, but the way they act depending on bestiary knowledge, inclinations and skills slotted is very different

ddda.lennardf1989.com/

I think this one is still updated

Also if /ddg/ isn't dead yet most people will call grace if you hang around in there when Urdy gets low

Different how, does putting my skills in a certain order effect how my pawn acts as well?

I just played on PS3, it was fine