>Not including Tetris

Get out of here millennial

Overwatch

>Duke 3d
>Halo
>No Doom
Smhkysmytbh

>Dark Souls
>it's a bandwagon faggot who's never played Demon's Souls is oblivious to the fact that DaS is a complete copy/paste of DeS episode

I played DeS and don't suck dick this much
Stfu little nigger
DeS doesn't get the love it deserves and rightfully so, blame Sony
It'd get the praise you think it deserves if it went multiplat

with infinitely more content, better combat and world building.
stay mad sonycuck

SMB
Mario 64
Zelda OoT

Fuck, Nintendo used to innovate and now they've gone downhill

>much slower combat
>shittier movesets/animations for maces, clubs, hammers, axes and all polearms
>pyromancy somehow more broken than magic in DeS
>input buffer
>removed the ability to climb shit and replaced it with a useless jump so now you can get stuck on inch-high bumps in the great hollow

>better

>Morrowind
>pushed gameplay foward
>literally D&D with an action game veneer
No one is actually this stupid yeah?

>Megaman 2-6
In what way? Those were all pretty much the exact same as the original with minor changes.

Dota pushed gameplay forward off a cliff.
Accept no substitute, play Warcraft 3.

*tech* counter punch

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BITCH GOT OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WOMBO COMBO
youtube.com/watch?v=QgSAOxwr0xE

How the fuck did you miss the two most important games from the past 20 years?

which are?

The Witcher 3 and The Last of Us

Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time. Ocarina even being the biggest influence for Dark Souls.

Morrowind was DnD and you had to earn everything. Even the story had you proving yourself as a god.

Skyrim removed any progression and you were handed everything. Even the story had you already being the Dragonborn and you were given titles for free left and right.

ITS LIKE NIGHT AND DAY

Ocarina's combat was for children and M64 was basically more mario but in 3D (megaman is the better platformer). Sorry.

Mario 64 invented 3D character control being independent from camera position, OoT invented the Z targeting used in Souls and played similarly. You honestly couldn't sound more like someone who knows nothing about vidya.

He is right you know

nobody cares about vanilla icecream when chocolate ice cream exists. you have to have that in mind when you make lists like these

That makes absolutely zero sense.

>M64 was more Mario in 3D
Did you miss the part where the gameplay is completely different from anything that came before?

>Mario 64 invented 3D character control being independent from camera position
No it didn't.
>OoT invented the Z targeting used in Souls and played similarly
No it didn't.
Just because those are the first games you played with those feature does not mean they invented them.
Go back to posting JUST 90S KID THINGS on facebook.

nobody cares if Tolkien wrote Lotr if PJ portayed it better in the movies

Then what invented those things Mr. knowitall?

gr8 b8 m8 I r8 it 8/8

Vtmb. For example deus ex using its formula of semi open world

What a absolutely incoherently stupid post. Excluding influential games because other influential games were inspired by them is so stupid I actually am having a hard time believing this is what you are saying.

nobody cares about tolkien's depiction of mordor because he wrote almost nothing about it, while it was very well fleshed out in Shadow of Mordor.
you cant defend that the inferior version is better because it was the first. tard.

OP was making a list of influential games, nobody is defending anything here except you who clearly has an extra chromosome or two.

>Dark Souls (2011)

>not Demon's Souls (2009)

the underage is real boys

No
Yes
No x 10

I don't agree with any of this except Dook

>praising SoM for the storytelling
AHAHAHAHAHAHA

>RE 0, 1
>0
i'm sorry you fucking what?

Not OoT, megaman legends. you were close though, so some credit.

man this bitch got burned, what were you thinking son

Not that guy but tomb raider came out before mario64

> Duke3D instead of Quake
> Halo instead of Goldeneye
> No MG2/S1 (Good voice acting, emotional story and cut-scenes)
> No Super Mario Bros
> No Mario 64
> No Onimusha
> No Devil May Cry
> No Resident Evil 4 and Gears of War (third person cover mechanics
> No GTA1, GTA3 and GTA IV(sandbox)
> No Max Payne (bullet time)
> No Mafia Lost Heaven
> No Street Fighter 2
> No Mortal Kombat (rating system)
> No Doom

Woah this thread sucks dicks. Woah

Mega Man Legends has tank controls in and out of combat, the camera lock on is similar (and actually makes the combat good) but its missing part of Z-targeting which is changing the character's movement when targeting. The camera always places Mega Man in the center too.

Tomb Raider has tank controls.

>Max Payne 1
How you can imagine vidya with no slow mo?

Pretty sure Killswitch invented cover mechanic

>Megaman 1-6
All six of them? Don't be daft.
>Duke 3D
Added plenty of nifty new stuff on top of the Doom formula, but it is a rather small addition to the genre by comparison .
>RE 0,1
Zero? What the fuck, m8? The first one maybe. Influential and atmospheric and all that, but the 'survival horror' genre is a reskinned action adventure. Still, I'd say RE1 was an important game. But 0, fuck off.
>Thief 2
Why not 1?
>Morrowind
Eh. Sort of. Having an open world that wasn't computer genereted crap in an actionish RPG was a nice thing, but all the RPG bits of the game were fairly mediocre
>Halo
That pushed the genre in the absolute wrong direction

It took me too long to realise this, but you're just trolling aren't ya? Ya got me, hook line and sinker. Well I ain't deleting what I've typed thus far. I hope reading it makes your eyes tired.

RE4 and Geara kind of have the standart though

I also forgot to add in Hitman and Splinter Cell

Winback on the N64 invented it.

Morrowind and Gothic changed open world RPGs.
Witcher series wouldn't exist without then the way it is.

>Tomb Raider ('96) came out before Mario ('64)

yeah, that's the bit OoT added when adapting their targeting scheme. my only point is MML started that bad boy.

god damn i loved that game.

I thought you said movement independent of camera?

Anyway crash came out the same time as mario64

You were not a God in morrowind, just a Nerevarine.
There is nothing divine about being a Nerevarine

As for Skyrim, while I agree, it's not like it could be much different. Being a dragonborn is an inborn aspect thing, being a Nerevarine was earnable through mantling.

>Mario came out in June 1996
>Tomb Raider was in Oct 1996

wait, MML guy again; camera also places Link in the center when targeting and, indeed, most of the game otherwise. you're grasping at best. if you're making mention simply that link can run around without the camera staying directly behind him, i don't see your point because OoT certainly wasn't the first to do that.

Tomb Raider had a targeting system first, an inaccurate, automatic shitty one but a targeting system nonetheless.

>There is nothing divine about being a Nerevarine
Get a load of this n'wah.

>camera also places Link in the center when targeting and, indeed, most of the game otherwise
During combat the camera purposefully keeps Link and his target on screen at all costs and doesn't strictly place him in the center, it makes an effort to put him there though. MML always has Mega Man in the center because it uses tank controls.

>bullet time
no gimmicks pls

alone in the dar->resident evil->sillent hill
that's how evolution of the SF went