Tell me Commander, if your Federation is so good, why are there no good Star Trek videogames?

Tell me Commander, if your Federation is so good, why are there no good Star Trek videogames?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d46EPqbErF0
youtube.com/watch?v=wHS2CCXVmeU
youtube.com/watch?v=orh5IePXv_4
youtube.com/watch?v=AwrmZAS-u4Y
youtube.com/watch?v=IeqNPAb4frk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=d46EPqbErF0

HD Remake when?

made by the same team who did tie fighter as well.

Captain, I recommend Star Trek: Tactical Assault for DS and PSP.

Belay that. Activate forward Star Trek 25th Anniversary phasers and follow it up with a spread of Judgement Rites torpedoes.

Because the Ferengi dont want to waste money on good Devs.

I'm going to share my vision for the HD sequel of Bridge Commander.

>Full HD or even 4K graphics.
>Set in TNG universe, because fuck you J.J.
>Exploreable ship, able to walk around, assemble in the meeting room, go to medbay,Engineering, Ten Forward (or its equivalent) to get a feel of the crew regarding a situation during warp time between planets.
and now, what will might rustle a few jimmies
>"Seasonal" DLC. basically make a whole series of it and release new "episodes" (missions) every week for ~24 weeks. each such "Season" will be a seperate DLC.

I've been playing Star Trek online on my PS4 since it's free. It's pretty buggy so far.

Also I haven't played it much, just got attacked by the Borg, but I don't know how much of an MMO this is--there's a difficulty option and I've still yet to see another player.

And for anyone that has played it: Am I stuck with the crew they start you with, Girl Spock and short hair brown girl or can I eventually just get my own crew?

>or can I eventually just get my own crew?

You get your own crew from doing missions and researching stuff.

I'm a little into season 3 of DS9. Do the Bajorans stop being unbelievably terrible?

Quark! The gamma quadrant doesn't know about our jewish tricks yet. I need you to develop an early access episodic youtuber bait zombie survival title with DLC and microtransactions, sell it on steam but require a Uplay account to play.

No, but the series stops focusing on them around 4/5.

I have an even better idea, Grand Nagus.

We flood the market with Pay 2 Win mobile games. They all operate on the same model, with slightly tweaked themes. Maximizing profit, while keeping labor costs at a minimum.

The Hu-mons will eat it up.

Why do they insist on being an awful race? Like bombing the school cause it doesn't teaching Bajoran religion as the answer to all science.

Def need walk around ship, also make it more RPG with dialogue choices and such.

As much as I love Star Trek, fuck LCARS is a ugly as fuck GUI.

Why does everyone hate Quark? He's the nicest guy on the station.

ACKSHUALLY Winn did that to draw the moderate Bajoran religious guy out in the open so she could try to assassinate him.

t. Rom

Yeah and then the collective people blindly followed like idiots pulling shit like refusing service to Miles for being Keiko's husband. As if being Keiko's husband wasn't bad enough.

And visiting the Councillor quarters eh?

I like it.

Poor Miles, he only knew suffering.

It's what the 80s thought the future looked like.

Kinda hard to make an interesting or engaging game when your solution to every problem is quasi-science asspulling.

That doesn't explain why J.J's Star Trek game was horrible. his first Star Trek movie had more shooting than all the previous movies combined I'd wager.

WAIT A MINUTE, if we invert the mnemonic ion shitposting relay, we can charge that cardassian shitposting array with a wide-spread graviton inhibitor beam to recalibrate the good star trek games impulse generator!

>shitposting relay
This has activated my side launchers

Bridge Commander is a legitimately fun game.

The Star Trek strategy games like Armada and such are decent as well. Hell I would argue that Armada III mod is the single definitive version of Sins of a Solar Empire.

Largely the problem with Trek games is Trek hasn't been a mainstream franchise for 20 years now so why invest big money into decent games for it? A Doctor Who game would probably pull more money.

This may change with the new series though. A new proper bridge commander is sorely needed and games like Star Citizen, Elite Dangerous, No Mans Sky show that people actually do want space ship combat/exploration games.

Honestly, a Star Trek game now where you command a star ship, and go to planets and shit is just a no-brainer. We'll see how Bridge Crew turns out, but VR exclusive which makes it limited.

Hard Time is so fucked up

>Get stuck in a literal box where they feed you once a week for 20 years.

Seriously, how could anybody hope to recover from that?

Sup?

Miles helped me get over my desire for a Japanese girlfriend.

Elite Forces 2 was fun.
RIP in peace Raven.

but keiko's actress is chinese

Keiko makes him stay in paddy box (1.5 cubic meters) when he's not transporting people or fixing turbolifts so he's used to it.

Holy shit, I remember these! Shame I was never into pinball games.

go to bed frag. And fix your addams family machine already. That ghostbusters machine sucks.

i think telltale could do it justice

And yet this happens to millions of people, in the US alone, for minor, non-violent crimes.

Seriously there was a article on how fucking teenagers in the early 1990s, were made example of, when caught with a few tabs of acid at a part or whatever, with life imprisonment. People who were 18 or whatever, just at a party, found themselves spending the rest of their lives in prison because of the DEA being complete and utter fucktards and a ridiculous law.

To put that in perspective, you can murder someone and get 20 years. These 18, 19, 20 year olds had a tab or two of acid, and were sent to LIFE in prison.

Even if they do get out eventually, it's been 25+ years now, these people, have had their entire lives ruined, because of ridiculous drug scare, over a substance that is considered safer than alcohol in every single regard.

That episode actually effected me in quite a way, before I thought of Prison as just some sort of abstract concept, but imagine, having to spend, most of your fucking life, in a single room, with just a bed or whatever, over a non-violent, harmless "crime".

>it's a Troi episode

>Have a great job in the botany lab of the Federation flagship. Married to a guy whose job isn't too dangerous, and expecting your newborn child will have a diverse group of friends from all over the ship once she gets old enough.
>"HEYO, ME WOIFE, I GOT ME A POSTIN' IN THE SHITE END O' THE QUARDRANT, AN' YOU AN' MOLLY IS COMIN' WIT ME! HOY TEE TEE TOY TOY!"
>It's a wrecked alien space station with no amenities, a creepy ferengi runs the only restaurant left standing, and is a high value target after the discovery of a wormhole.
>No botany lab
>No hydroponics or airponics bay
>Nowhere for you to follow your career.
>No children Molly's age, so she probably won't have a great childhood.
>Fight with your husband. You know this posting is important to him and his career, but you are bored.
>Finally decide to stay with your husband for both his sake and your daughter's sake
>Finally figure out a way to use at least some of your knowledge, become a school teacher for the ten or so children on the station.
>Still not living up to your potential, but it's something, and you are helping.
>Backwards religious fuck heads demand you teach their religion in your classroom as fact.
>They eventually bomb your goddamn school so that some crusty bitch can gain more power in her fucking religion.
>You try to pick up the pieces, but only a handful of kids come back.
>Eventually give up the one thing you were doing.

god i put far to many hours into that game on PC

DUDE

Dukat did nothing wrong.

Didn't she eventually leave the station to be a botanist on some planet?

youtube.com/watch?v=wHS2CCXVmeU

the video

>It's a troi's mother AND worf's son episode

On Bajor.

Yeah I've been watching through it just got up to that bit. She goes to Bajor to look at some valleys

How far did Worf and Deanna get?

I FEEL THAT I WILL CONVENIENTLY BE UNABLE TO USE OR FORGET ABOUT MY EMPATHIC POWERS TO FIND OUT THAT MY LATEST SPACE BOYFRIEND IS ACTUALLY A GIANT SPIDER IN DISGUISE WHO ONLY WANTS TO SUCK OUT MY VITAL FLUIDS FOR SUSTENANCE OR SOMETHING

Is it worth a go in f2p?
How does it play compared to other MMOs? I know there's a little more focus on talking and shit.

I just got to the episode where she visits and spends the whole trip fighting while Miles about how she is happy with a fulfilling job and Miles is upset his wife is away from him.

If anything I'd give the guy a fucking beer.

He didn't gas enough Bajorans.

Depends on how you see it. It's basically a allegory for Israel by the way (and the producers admit this).

The best argument for Dukat is that he wasn't as bad as the other Cardassians and in fact, wanted to reform the system so Bajorans wouldn't be brutalized and would "come to love him". He did good things (for selfish reasons, but that doesn't stop the fact he did basically end the death camps, doubled food rations and such). But that doesn't stop the fact, that Dukat was basically a regional dictator and oppressed and murdered the native population.

It's a pretty good look at Israel and Palestine. Is Israel a "good guy" when every so often, they treat Palestinians like actual humans despite brutally subjugating them? Are the Palestinians just making the situation worse for themselves by constantly rebelling? etc etc

I thought Starfleet Command 2 was pretty god tier.

Why is ds9 so popular these days?
Ending was shit btw

Ground missions suck, space battles are essentially Starfleet Command HD so the space parts are pretty good.

The best part about STO is the forge missions made by other players. Some of these actually tell really good star trek stories and have multiple branching storypaths and such and some of the really good ones, actually have diplomacy as an option.

Seriously though, ground combat in STO is terrible and even worse is how every interior is made for fucking giants.

Palestinians aren't as fucking horrid as Bajorans though.

I want a Star Trek RPG that takes place almost entirely on the bridge. Bridge Crew looks alright but I want to be captain.

They don't, they just hate what he does a lot. He plays every side of a conflict until the dominion war in which he becomes a definitive protagonist.

how come everyone speaks english but they're all aliens

Captain, I am sensing that the alien currently firing on the ship is angry.

Even the harshest American prison doesn't begin to compare with the conditions shown in that episode.

>The alien seems to be hiding something, but I'm not sure what

Universal translator. Of course this kind of breaks when there are Klingon's present and they speak a few words in their native tongue. Bottom line though - it's for the convenience of the viewer. If you watch early episodes of Enterprise they deal with the translation stuff.

Best episode is the one where they don't.

>It's a Data episode
>It's a holodeck episode
>IT'S A DATA HOLODECK EPISODE

Enterprise, for all the mediocrity it was, did a really good job with the UT honestly.

Largely, it was a piece of shit that barely worked and you still needed translators and linguistic experts to help work out what the person was saying in a very basic fashion.

Who was that crazy fuck in tng, i think he became the holodeck one episode.

he was bald, tall and nuts as fuck

his episodes were the best

>Of course this kind of breaks when there are Klingon's present and they speak a few words in their native tongue.

The Universal Translators are able to detect the the brainwaves of the speaker and figure out if what they're saying should be translated or not.

Ds9 was amazing, shut up gay boy

Be honest. How many of you have been the Barclay at your job? Always fucking up, blamed for everything, everyone hates you, only release is escapism games.

It was amazing, just not as good as TNG or B5

This is the guy

im the barclay of job interviews

>b5
next on my list after i finish TOS.

If anyone hasnt seen TOS you have to give it a chance. halfway through s1 it gets amazing.

>i think he became the holodeck one episode
Barclay?

She may have been useless, but she was the hottest person on the enterprise bar none.

he was amazing

>it's a mark twain travels through time and boards the enterprise episode

I find it pretty hit or miss throughout. I'm almost halfway through season 3.

I liked Barclay in Voyager, I wish he had a bigger focus in TNG

Crusher was hotter. She had a tighter body.

he became the smartest man to ever live with an IQ of 1300 and led the Enterprise to the center of that one galaxy to meet a literal God race so he didn't do that bad at least once

She's hot too, but I always prefered her in uniform with her regular hair. I wish she wasn't killed off.

she technically wasn't.

she left the show because she thought it was lame and would ruin her career so she asked to be killed off

then she realized what a terrible mistake she made and had that one cameo episode where she was a ghost or something

And now she spends her days going to Star Trek panels.

Commander, tell me about your sexual organs.

who would you rather smash with a baseball bat?

Nog or wesley

The mass effect trilogy was chuckle worthy.

can't help but find that hilarious

Wesley, Nog was kind of alright towards the end

Wesley. There's no reason to hate Nog, he earned his place a long time ago.

>mfw Red team or w.e the fuck they were called got smoked by that cruiser

What a bunch of insufferable cunts

wat. if u want to hate anyone from ds9 it should be kira for hoeing around

I was glad when they got fucked.
"Well trained Kids are just as good as adults" trope needs to die.

nog wasn't that bad compared to wesley "boy genius" crusher

am i the only one who likes bashir and his episodes

Voyager: Elite Force is a great game though
Like I'm not even remotely into Star Trek and that game rules

She wasn't wrong at the time, the first season was about as lame as it gets

I'll take the sister.

I liked him, I also liked how the actor rebelled at being forced into the super genius data like role by acting bored and distant whenever he had to act like a super human.

Those catsuits were nice in TNG, because they were used just a few times. Then 7 of 9 came. At least she wasn't as bad as the decon chamber in ENT. Holy shit, I hate that crap, and rolled my eyes every time the camera did close-ups on the bodies.

Tell you one character i despised

That grand negus, king of the ferengi or w.e

I had to skip a few episodes with him in it

When does TNG actually become good

say about halfway through s2

same for ds9

>implying

geordis imaginary engineer bimbo still takes the cake. only grill ever to pull off 80s high fashion hair

I thought it was good from the beginning, but the general consensus is season 3.

Which episode was she from?

And speaking of imaginary bimbos.

"Lost One"
"Immortal One"
"Incarnation's End"
"Man of a Thousand Deaths"
"The One Doomed to Life"
"Restless One"
"One of Many"
"The One Whom Life Holds Prisoner"
"The Bringer of Shadows"
"The Wounded One"
"Broken-One"
"Misery-Bringer"
"Morric"
"Yemeth"
"Bigby"
"Miles O'brien"

I think the new Star Trek VR game looks good!

Glad to see mankind hasn't evolved past bimbos.

Shut up Wesley.

>Chief Miles O'Brien's destiny is to suffer
>Nog enlists in Starfleet
>Admires O'Brien
>Inherits his suffering
>Gets captured by the Jem'Hadar
>Almost killed by a gang of suicidal cadets
>Almost murdered by a troupe of crazy Cardassians and an unhinged Garak
>Nog loses his leg at AR-558

It will never end.

>It's a Worf and Alexander go to the holodeck episode

>I think the new Star Trek VR game looks good!

Everyone is saying it's awesome in all the previews I've seen, that being said, VR exclusive, fuck that.

i tried neverwinter, which is run by the same guys, and the forge was touted as the best thing about the game

pity it was unavailable for the 3 fucking months that i did play, with some bullshit promise of it returning in "the future"

If you are a true star trek fan, Star Trek Online (STO) is perfect.

I'd play a non-VR version of it.

>ship gets hit by some new space time anomaly that has never happened before
>ship stops working
>com badges stop working
>phases stop working
>shit like Gordi's visor stops working
>Universal translator just keeps on trucking like nothing's wrong

Just once I would have loved to see something fuck with it and all of a sudden Picard's speaking French, Worf Klingon, Tori Betazed, etc and they can't understand shit.

I'm a whore for ship designs and half the good ones being gated off HUGE paywalls is not something I can live with.

Until you buy something to him

I thought the Grand Negus was alright. The real issues was Qwark's and Rom's mother that came with him more often than not.

Does anyone have that screencap of Will on twitter saying he'll block anyone that tells him to shut up and the first person to reply is Patrick Stewart telling him to shut up please?

Bajorans are always the worst and the universe would be better off if Dukat had wiped them out, but the focus shifts away from them so much as you go on.
Until Sisco gets more into his Emissary shit, god I hated that. Why would a man of science let himself go full retard like that and buy into everything? There's literally nothing magical or religous about the Prophets, they just are aliens that exist outside of our time, OF COURSE they can see the fucking future. They just thought it was hilarious to be worshiped by Bajorans, the dumb cucks.

Dukat the best.

>P2W bullshit by a company of jews
>perfect

Fucking Ferengiposters

Sisko was never a man of science.

For someone who has never watched this, should I Jump into TNG

>mfw nurse rached from coo coo's nest was the prophet groupie

Jump in to TNG then DS9

the first few 2 seasons are hit and miss for both but once they get going. best shit i have ever seen, especially ds9

Im watching TOS, its pretty good so far. i wouldnt recommend it to be your first viewing of star trek though

The only good thing this game hqs are space battles, and even those are borderline ruined by the waaaay superior cash ships that come up every time they release something.
Not to mention that even holiday missions to get something worthwhile are fucking shit and the economy is fucked.
The alliance system is nice tho, too bad that pvp is also ruined by p2w ships, commanders, weapons, etc.
I guess you could play it for a while and then drop it.

Because the 40k universe is better

>Land of the free
I guess the 'chicken in every pot' thing really is true. There's very little excuse for us having not dragged a few politicians around with a truck by now. This shit is nothing less than tyranny and money-grubbing corruption. It's in so many forms now too I feel like we're on the verge of collapse.

These pieces of shit just can't keep robbing hundreds of millions of people and digging a jack boot into their throat for forever. Eventually all the distractionairy shit wont be able to keep up.

At least I tell myself that so I don't commit suicide. The reality is nothing will ever be done about it and shit will just get worse and worse.

40k is for ultra faggots

sadly the Patrick Stewart tweet is two years older than Will "genuine cuck" Wheaton's

Do all klingons have a lazy eye?

Even Sisko knows

She goes to Bajor on Miles' suggestion because she had to close the school and she was bored on the station

I could definitely program a game like this, even have some desire to start an indie studio as a business venture after I leave my current startup. We live in a time where commercial game engine technology is incredibly advanced and incredibly affordable, voice interaction is kind of finally getting good, and you could integrate VR and literally sit on the bridge of the enterprise. this shit is amazing.

>tfw no time
>tfw no money to pay artists or designers unless aforementioned startup makes it big (lol)
kill me

Fuck Miles
>What should I do? Should I resign my post to take care of my daugther?
>nah I'll just send her to die alone on some godforsaken rock, then she'll be happy

Not even Worf

I think he made up for it in the episode where he spent 20 years in the illusion prison

Going to take this time to post about farscape again as its really underappreciated
youtube.com/watch?v=orh5IePXv_4

Been so long I only remember odd scraps and the goofy shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=AwrmZAS-u4Y

youtube.com/watch?v=IeqNPAb4frk

that ending though

i'll do it for free/receive payment at a later date