What games can I survive a nuclear attack in?

What games can I survive a nuclear attack in?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xycnv87N_BU
youtu.be/qV0I-iA5lJU
youtu.be/FdyknT4uchM
m.youtube.com/watch?v=LnkMSmLc6mM
ki4u.com/guide.htm
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD79227DB62E35F25
youtube.com/watch?v=MBQ8rPg7UaQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983_Soviet_nuclear_false_alarm_incident
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwegian_rocket_incident
youtube.com/watch?v=rcJCLf-Uv74
youtube.com/watch?v=4zaiN_hCvTU
youtube.com/watch?v=k2a30--j37Q
youtube.com/watch?v=DOptbNZW2zQ&index=20&list=PLD79227DB62E35F25
youtube.com/watch?v=RhOkKqqDSJk
youtube.com/watch?v=dtNgOeqBKQU
youtube.com/watch?v=MrHoMSRZOS4
youtube.com/watch?v=jB-n_8zq9Qo
youtube.com/watch?v=A9h5KlUw2Pw
youtube.com/watch?v=IKqXu-5jw60
youtube.com/watch?v=4jJ203Q-lyk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fallout.

How will you do in a post-nuclear RPG?

Bad since I am to the east of Lansing around Detroit

>living in the US
nice meme

youtu.be/xycnv87N_BU

Fallout 4 :,)

Fuck, wrong link.

youtu.be/qV0I-iA5lJU

This was legit unsettling.

pretty good since I don't live anywhere in the united states

>tfw Traverse City

A refrigerator

>PC, Florida
Why are we even a target?

>New York
No chance, I'll see you all on the other side.

What's with Colorado, Montana, and North Dakota? Hardly anyone lives there.

>those 3 fuckhuge clusters of blackdots in the northern half towards the middle

WHY

prime grain farming spots or something?

>What the fuck does "take action" mean
>Oh

Oh okay this is fake

That's where the nuke silos are located. Since they're a lot smaller than a city, they would bomb the fuck out of the place to make sure they get them

I'm just trying to live my comfy, coastal life and lame ass Pensacola is gonna bring nuclear fallout my way. Fuck you, Florida.

why would anyone waste nukes on us?

Somebody once said those black spots are where a bunch of nuclear silos are located.

post best fake nuke attack warnings

>Not this www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xjVLwoaNW8

Come on son.

Those are the extreme points, aka farthest from the coast. Ones the extreme point of the us, ones north america, and one I think is if we lock off the Hudson Bay.

It's also where we store all of the ICBMs. The more you know!

Oh man, I've never heard of this, but it looks awesome! Thanks bro.

These kinds of videos legitimately terrify me, but I have a sort of masochistic interest in them.

So basically you cripple the ability for the US to counterattack and also mobilize ground defenses, while backing up with a sea invasion and supporting it with additional nukes as a first pass? Warfare tactics are fascinating.

If you live in some sort of city with any actual industrial objects located nearby, you're fucked. Any industrial objects are prime targets for nuclear strikes, not just ICBM silos or military bases.

Those are nukes

No one is going to invade the US in case of a nuclear war. No country in the world has the capability to launch a mass invasion by sea in such a scenario, not even Russia. They'll just nuke it to shit and leave it to smolder.

Really? That seems counterproductive. As Snake would say, there's no tactical advantage.

a lot of naval bases in florida, if a nuclear war were to break out they'd want to shoot down any ships capable of nuclear payload

SEEK SHELTER
NOW
SEEK A PLACE OF SAFETY
NOW

the tactical advantage is turning your enemy into a smoldering crater.

I have a real phobia of nuclear war because my babysitter let me watch Terminator 2 when I was like 6 or 7, then leaned in and said "those are real you know" after the nuke dream scene.

I was visiting family once in Holland and they left me in the house alone while they had to run errands, without warning me about this www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENHpFkKiyrU. When it started I just started screaming and crying, I didn't even try to run, I couldn't move. I have never been as frightened in my life.

>before: enemy
>after: no enemy
I can see the strategical advantage

>That seems counterproductive.
No, it's not, because the only way someone would even try nuking America is to enforce their MAD doctrine after being attacked by America. In this scenario, it wouldn't be counterproductive, because the world is going to end anyway.

>It is too late to leave your

Leave your what?

>Live in Houston area town where we're the world's largest exporter of oil and steel goods
I'm fucked. On 9/11 and other terrorists attacks everything shuts down on plants. They have huge steel rods on pistons that shoot up to block roads during emergencies. We're literally the prime target in a nuclear attack

your homes, you'd have just enough time to run maybe half a mile, if you we're in shape.

Body

Your wife and daughter(s) cause dem nuclear bombs finna be rapin' errybody

>During the first nuclear weapon tests, there was a real concern that the energy released would start a nitrogen chain reaction and basically turn the whole atmosphere into an inescapable firestorm
>They decided the chance of it happening with weapon yields they were using was only about 1% so they went ahead

That's a hell of a fucking gamble.

Read Alas, Babylon

Ayy, lets hang out user

its funny because modern nukes are orders of magnitude more powerful than the first ones.

I'm maybe half an hour from atlanta. It'd be difficult, I'd have to make my way towards lower marshlands. Fallout would be a bitch.

>modesto

I think I won't get the directly hit at least.

It turns out once you get to energy levels high enough to start the reaction, the blast is intense enough to basically push all the atmosphere well away before it happens, so it's unlikely current nuclear weapons would ever cause it unless they were engineered to do so on purpose.

It's still a legitimate concern for fusion reactors from what I remember.

>TV broadcast
>with film roll filter

come on son

>East of Oakland

Well I suppose that's one good thing about living in this hick town.

60 Seconds is a relatively good game about it.

Why do countries even need to have more than 1000 nukes ? Why do US, China and Russia flex each other with "no, it is ME who has thousands more nukes than you!"? Wouldn't just a couple be enough for war? Do they really plan on bombarding every single inch of enemy land?

Doomed in both scenarios.

>fake

You don't say.

The more nukes and systems to deliver them, the harder it is for the enemy to stop or block them, I guess

The more nukes you have and the more spread out they are stored the better chance you can totally obliterate an enemy no matter the situation.

Also, anti-nuke measures can only do so much. If you send multiple upon multiple nukes to a single location it's very unlikely they will all be intercepted.

>"no, it is ME who has thousands more nukes than you!"
>Do they really plan on bombarding every single inch of enemy land?
Yes, and yes, kinda. You (theoretically) want as much as you can in case some get destroyed.

Consider it like leveling your Pokémon to beat your neighbors. You gotta stay one step ahead to intimidate them.

>One day someone will discover a 100% nuke defence
>They'll hold the entire fucking world to ransom

Holy shit

Every single goddamn time that image is posted some faggot asks this completely useless question.

Not hard to figure it out retard.

At some point it becomes ridiculous though, and there's also diminishing returns in threat level.

Like 1000 nukes should be enough to obliterate every corner of the world, doubling that sum won't increase the danger/damages by much. Unless anti-nuke systems (which I'm not familiar with) are capable of taking down hundreds.

Hey me too.

but still fuggin spooky

>Like 1000 nukes should be enough to obliterate every corner of the world
Nukes make big boom but not that big boom
Most nukes aren't Tsar Bomba-tier

man that guy is seriously talented. Do you know if he has a youtube or something? I see something new every time I see these. The contingency one, in one of the very last frames, has some shit about how it was intercepted accidentally from a government transmission, the department of preservation of american dignity or some shit, fucking chills man.

At that point, it's not so much about the destruction potential, but rather telling everyone around you that you're bigger and better than then. It becomes a contest of who can get the biggest number; the nations who fold will be seen as weak and pathetic...even if they can destroy every square inch of the planet.

>Most nukes aren't Tsar Bomba-tier
Why not? Didn't the Russians make that like 20 years ago? How do we not have planet busters yet?

The only other one he made was this one, which is the weakest of the three IMO. This guy is super talented, but the rest of his channel is just movie reviews or something. Wish he'd do more of these.

youtu.be/FdyknT4uchM

Retaliatory strikes.If a nation is wiped out, they will still have the means to avenge their people. Not to mention lots of missiles will get intercepted and shot down, it's good to have redundant backups.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=LnkMSmLc6mM

Thunderstorms already scare me enough here

>you live a few miles from a naval shipyard

ki4u.com/guide.htm

Nothing wrong with a lil' thunder.

Because it's pretty hard to launch a 27 ton bomb with an ICBM, I suppose
But I don't know why nukes didn't get more efficient, do some googling and tell us

One of my favourite watches - The Protect and Survive civil defence program in the late '70s by the British government. It consisted of radio broadcasts, leaflets and an infamous series of 20 short films made for TV broadcasts across all TV channels if there was going to be a suspected nuclear attack within 72 hours.

Although pretty creepy, the films are hilarious to watch. Everything in them is such bullshit - half because it was based on bad '60s nuclear experiments, and half because it was just "You're all fucked, but we'll tell you all these things to do so you think you have a chance to survive and don't just panic as you die."

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD79227DB62E35F25

Diminishing returns when it comes to making nukes that big. Plus, it's more strategic to have multiple, smaller nukes than one big nuke. It's like in Advance Wars--it's better to have multiple standard units available than one big unit.

Charlotte NC, it looks like I'm fucked with like 6ish nukes surround me. Oh well. On the off chance I have ample warning I could try to drive north or west I guess, hide in the Appalachians, but lets face it i'm just gonna be ashes.

Damn.

Different user here, if I remember correctly nuclear testing was ended here around 1997 and I don't think we manufacture nukes anymore.

Even though it would be ridiculously overpriced I don't think Star Wars was that bad of an idea.

Dat logo

I suppose it's better to invest in better military tech that you'll actually use as opposed to the last ditch option.

This. Right next to that purple triangle on the NY/PA border.

Spooked the shit out of me when I first found the website a year ago.

Especially when they changed the broadcast
youtube.com/watch?v=MBQ8rPg7UaQ

Fuck me, I assumed it would use a lot of resources but I didn't realise it was that big.

>steven universe bubbles himself and the other crystal gems on top of a giant piece of cauliflower

This is stupid.

There's something so creepy about the logo jingle at the end of those videos, but I don't know what it is.

Seeing as im close to Oak Ridge, not well

The bass hum. Listen again, compare it to any horror film's suspense track, nearly identical. Fucking assholes knew what they were doing.

>THE 51ST STATE IS NOT A PLACE

What?

If I had to take a guess, it's referring to the 51st state of the united states, is the state of true patriotism aka death to prevent enemy combatants from doing whatever. Pretty tacky.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983_Soviet_nuclear_false_alarm_incident

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwegian_rocket_incident

>The lives of billions resting on the decision of a single, fallible human being

>not always being prepared with lasting food, gas masks, water filters and electricity generators

It's like you actually think the world isn't out there to get you.

what the fuck game was that recently
where North Korea was invading the US

maybe it was based on the remake of Red Dawn

>Hawaii's not even shown because Oahu alone would be carpet nuked

Not sure if we have silos but Pearl Harbor, Hickam, Kaneohe MCBH, etc

So yeah, I'm fucked.

I wish Kojima wasn't such a hack, because this was the inspiration for Peace Walker's story and it could have been seriously interesting as fuck.

Isnt that always the case? Unless you trust some kind of super AI to decide

>tfw both times we got our asses saved by intuition and goddam human decency
WEW
FUCKING
LAD

Homefront.

Takes place in an alternate history where North Korea is actually competent and not the laughngstock of nations.

Oh.

Here I was thinking Canada was involved.

You're not gonna get me you stupid triffids.

Yeah, this is way better than the original.

The original had all this shit after the "Lifted" slide about how "Ooooh it's gotten in here" and screaming and shit. This is way scarier.

>the time will inevitably come whe. humanity fails to preserve itself, likely sooner than later

Why the fuck would you design a siren to sound so alien and terrifying

Terrible since I live in the UK and it would only take a few well-targeted nukes in the right places to wipe us out.

I eagerly await the day tbqh, I want the nuclear fire to deliver me to my waifu

There is no universe like that,

Probability only go so far

[ R E T I R E D ]

So you don't confuse it with some background noise and know that shit is about to happen

>That focus on Cincinnati
I'm not that far from Downtown, welp I'm boned

>If you cannot reach home in 10 minutes, take cover in the nearest building. If there is no building nearby, try to find some solid cover.
>If there is no solid cover, lie flat in a ditch or a hole and cover your head, face and hands as fast as you can with some of your clothes.

Th-thanks...

That's what sirens are supposed to be.

They only go up when shit goes down, you're supposed to immediately react to it and not confuse it with songs or people whistling or any other random noises. Nobody who hears it is supposed to go "maybe it's just the neighbors".

So you don't ignore it or something, probably.

Tangentially related; I live in New York and went on a road trip to a few states down a number of years back. One of the small Pennsylvanian towns I went through apparently had a fucking air raid siren hooked up as the town's fire whistle, and it went off at noon (for the daily one-cycle '12 o clock siren' most towns do) as I was driving through town and nearly shat myself because I'd never heard that shit in person before.

Why would you fucking do that indeed.

New sirens are awkward, but more efficient at getting a message through when a man speaks through them announcing the reason prior.

Shin Megami Tensei

>implying I don't have an air raid siren hooked up in the garage

play your fucking rap music one more time..

Not true, my town has siren tests sometimes.

>ash avalanche engulfs hiking group
>right before impact swear that you can see the silhouttes of people in the ashe and claim to hear voices calling your name
>multiple people seem to of had mysteriously vanished into thin air when it clears

youtube.com/watch?v=rcJCLf-Uv74

I'm UK too.
Can we cuddle?

reminds me of this youtube.com/watch?v=4zaiN_hCvTU

People playing around on active volcanos

One does not casually anger the the fire gods and survive

>lives in Panama City Florida
Holy shit, I used to live there. We probably know each other.

youtube.com/watch?v=k2a30--j37Q

Anyone got that video of some nuclear power plant's phone reel or something giving audio examples of the different types of sirens, including the complete nightmare "total meltdown" one? Someone has to know what I mean.

shut the fuck up cuck

should have at least left the very last part
>if you are afraid we will look together

>Traverse

At least its not Gaylord..Am I right!?

>that's a small nuclear explosion

fuck me these things are terrifying

I've seen this and it's without a doubt the most depressing animated show ever.

>when his wife's hair starts falling out and she's coughing up blood
>"are we going to be ok?"
>"of course dear, just you wait, our boys will be rolling over the hill any second with food and water"
>the help never arrives

This would suck so much. I think I'd just want to die myself at this point.
youtube.com/watch?v=DOptbNZW2zQ&index=20&list=PLD79227DB62E35F25

>47 kt
It's barely a babby

Oh hey, I used to live in PC a year ago. Honestly it's probably because of Tyndall. If I was in PC when the nukes went off, I'd take over Alvin's Island and turn it into a raider gang headquarters where I fed prisoners to the alligators. Shit would be rad as fuck.

Of course

Pretty damn well if you live in Idaho apparently

my uncles worked in chemical factories where they've done drills

So he's up in the rafters where it takes 20 minutes to climb down

He gets down and asks whats going on, they say "Oh that was the plant evacuation siren you have 6 minutes to get out or you die"

He didn't go back

That place exploded and burned to the ground a couple years later

Yeah but it's Idaho

Yay!

>tfw you already know what it's like to be swallowed by hell

youtube.com/watch?v=RhOkKqqDSJk

This is the real warning system they used during the cold war in the UK.

Can you just imagine being sat there eating a scone and sipping your tea before you hear "ATTACK WARNING RED, ATTACK WARNING RED"

2spooky

Fuck off you dumb queer.

Is this the new FakeFactory HL2 update?

youtube.com/watch?v=dtNgOeqBKQU

This one?

yeah its pretty fucked up lol

dead as fuck
my only hope is to be a skull rolling around on the ground for the MC to pick up and sell

I imagine being engulfed into that much ash will hurt your lungs like a bitch tho.

That's the one, excellent!

;)

Why are they hitting Iowa City
What did we do to them

>in reality you'd probably just think the station fucked up and change the channel

In reality I'd like to think the BBC attack warning would be on every channel.

Buckeyes

If your objective is to completely annihalate the enemy then you don't just strike military and manufacturing facilities, you go for the farmland.

>my small-ish city in Ohio is a Target

Nice. Atleast it'll be over fast.

what was that stephen king short story about a guy in post-nuclear america, it was in one of the recent collections and mentioned a few things you don't see often in just-after-nukes stuff like how awful everything smells even out in the woods from all the dead animals

it was a depressing end to the book

Does anyone on Cred Forums actually live in the USA.

>Why the fuck would you design a siren to sound so alien and terrifying

because that's exactly what its used for

largest naval bases and airbases in the continental united states

Moot does you numbnut.

>nuke dropped directly on my city in the middle of nowhere
>only nuke for ~300 miles
t-thanks china

post nuclearkino

youtube.com/watch?v=MrHoMSRZOS4

Are there any games that actually do a good job of capturing the "holy shit nigger everything's fucked get the fuck out oh my god just get out jesus christ" atmosphere? So often that type of environment is negated by the player character being a super-cool hero dude who just walks through explosions like nothing and everyone is already dead/mysteriously missing.

>tfw everyone likes to make fun of cod these days, but this was still genuinely cool at the time

Time to post Doom Paul again? Alright.

modern warfare 1 came really close.

youtube.com/watch?v=jB-n_8zq9Qo

Friendly reminder to watch Threads if you haven't already.

It's a British film made on a fairly low budget in the 1980s about an attack on Sheffield and he aftermath.

The acting is a bit hammy and it's obviously not a multi-million dollar hollywood production but it's one of the best.

No happy ending
No heroic protoganist
No hope, only misery

Silent Hill 1 kinda.

>tfw I don't watch TV at all and a notification like this would completely pass me by

The government would likely put out a warning to ISPs and there's probably a system in place where they will freeze your internet or something and direct you to a page with the warning on it.

Knowing me though, I'd just think it was a really annoying pop-up

If you think there wouldn't be interception of traffic via ISP DNS routing, you are wrong. There would be nothing. Every page you visit would be the government telling you to get the fuck inside and pray.

It's the same technology that ISPs sometime use to tell you you're overdue for a bill and need to pay, or how some higher end hotels that charge additional fees for internet service stop you from just accessing pages.

Not hurt
Kill you by literally drowning.

>tfw living near Eglin Air Force Base, Florida, during 9/11
>from across the bay you could hear the air raid sirens almost as if they were right next to you
>sky literally filled with jets being scrambled
scariest memory i have, parents let me skip school for i had good grades or something and i remember walking into the backyard and looking out across the bay without a single idea of what was going on. parents ran out and grabbed me when the sirens went off and we spent the rest of the day in front of the TV, mom crying and on the phone with relatives making sure everyone was safe while my dad was getting all the guns out. i just wanted to play in the backyard on my one hooky day, why did 9/11 have to happen

>live in bumfuck nowhere
>don't watch TV
>no neighbors
>probably won't even know anything is going on until the horizon turns orange and I realize I have about fifteen seconds of life left
>if I even see it instead of being inside masturbating

>adblock/noscript automatically blocks the government page
>everyone dies

>shit is going down
>your only interface to the outside world is Cred Forums
>assume somebody is just shitposting "TURN ON CNN RIGHT NOW" threads as usual
>go back to fapping to futanari fucking the shit out of each other
>die in a storm of fire

yeah i'd say Modern Warfare captures it best, can't think of anything else that come close

Imagine what Cred Forums would be like in the event of a imminent nuclear attack.

>10 minutes of the most insane shitposting the world has ever seen
>on every fucking board
>eventually it slows down in the last few minutes, maybe all the russian flags on Cred Forums go away
>then it's all over
>somebody would check the last dubs
>some fucker would literally get the last shitpost made by mankind

I've seen clips of it before. I don't have enough balls to watch the whole thing. The parts I saw before were already too depressing.

>assume somebody is just shitposting "TURN ON CNN RIGHT NOW" threads as usual
THIS IS WHY SHOUTING BLACK MAN.JPG SHOULD BE SAVED FOR FUCKING EMERGENCY SITUATIONS ONLY

>check Cred Forums
>see there is a sticky about nuclear war
>get comfy and start shitposting

the ending of FEAR is pretty hopeless.

>>eventually it slows down in the last few minutes, maybe all the russian flags on Cred Forums go away
lmao

Im surprised they would nuke anything in Iowa.
I guess I wouldn't do so good in a 500 warhead scenario, since I live in Cedar Falls.

Also depends on how far the radiation would spread from Des Moines? should only the capitals/cities be nuked.

No one would believe that's real. Not until after it happens.

Communications would be the first thing cut to free up all bandwidth for military and defense. Everyone would probably disappear from online all at once.

youtube.com/watch?v=A9h5KlUw2Pw

Oh man, can't wait to see this scene in the remastered version
Shit, IW should make a fucking disaster survival game or something like Disaster Report where you see that shit happening.

Buildings collapsing, streets getting upended and cracking open into gaping bottomless maws

they excel at the spectacle aspect of mass destruction and a survival game where you have to survive that shit as it's happening would be amazing.

fuck off senpai, just let me enjoy my fantasy of spending our last moments alone together.

you would notice because a combination of things would alert you. if you have a tv on the ebs would go off. if you have a cell phone you'd get the alarm like what happens with amber alerts. you would see people running outside and panicking. also likely is isp intervention to refuse all traffic and bring the internet to a halt to turn it into another ebs. failing all of that just hope you love close enough to a target to be vaporized instead of shitting out your internal organs while slowly dying of rad poisoning.

Real talk, what would you do in case of nuclear warfare/impending doom and extermination of life, Cred Forums?

Sit here shitposting until the bombs knock out your connection? Ding your gaming buddies on your platform of choice to say a last goodbye? Call your parents and apologize for everything? Maybe even go outside?

Cross your fingers and hope you're in an area not directly hit? Or realize even if you survive, life is fucked anyway, so embrace death with open arms?

The fallout would carpet our homeland/farms, effectively destroying our largest source of food. That's the reasoning behind all of that and also the reasoning why the entire mid west is peppered with silo's for everything from our own Minutemen to Interceptors.

An ideal situation would be some hell hole in the middle east getting nuked because then we would still be able to shitpost about it.

Is it true that only cockroaches survive a blast or would some other living things (bugs etc) still survive? Would they stay the same or mutate in some way?

they're farms you retard
america is so reliant on its crumbling infastructure that basic attacks against logistics would cause immediate mass starvation and be more devastating than just bombing cities, especially long term since the earth is salted and razed

>10 minutes of the most insane shitposting the world has ever seen
>on every fucking board
it could be the best and most pure 10 minutes we could ever seen

>live in a rural area that wouldn't get any fallout at all

I live near West Seattle so shit would be pretty fucked. Evacuation would be a death sentence so I would have no choice but to try breaking into one of the houses nearby with a good basement, wall myself the fuck in and wait for the worst to pass. The good thing is that fallout from conventional nukes dissipates exponentially.

>living in an area so backwards not even fallout would drift there

>tfw mods still allow BBC threads but remove everything else thats off topic

Did anybody actually watch the Z for Zachariah movie? I had to read the book back when I was in high school and then I remember a few years ago something about a movie being made but then I don't remember any mention of the movie after that.

Go up to my roof so I can see it clearly, call the girl I was in love with in high school, and hope that I die in the blast and don't have to suffer the horrors of radiation poisoning.

and regret fucking everything I've ever done, all the chances I didn't take, all the dreams I didn't pursue, and cry like a fucking bitch knowing that this was the only chance I had.

ha ha ha

"Summer Thunder" is the story you're looking for.

It is depressing.

anything deep enough underground would survive as well as animals outside of major population centers. life goes on just like all the wildlife still living in the contaminated zone outside of chernobyl.

DUCK AND COVER!

youtube.com/watch?v=IKqXu-5jw60

I would call my partner if we weren't together (if possible, since everyone else would do the same and connections would go to shit) and at the same time try to figure out what to do with whoever is nearby. I think being with a group of people is the most important, even strangers, especially if you're all going to die anyway. It's better than dying alone... Although obviously it wouldn't matter anyway because you'd be dead.
I'd hole up somewhere and try to keep track of the situation by listening to the radio, watching tv or online on my phone. Again, until those got knocked out too.

I have still never actually seen all of this. The day we watched it in grade school I was home sick and I never got around to actually looking it up.

>they're farms you retard

nice trolling but they're all nukes. the large clusters are airforce missile wings. the ones in north dakota are montana are specifically for sending nukes over the pole to russia.

youtube.com/watch?v=4jJ203Q-lyk

You don't need a nuke defense for a world wide apocalypse, the worst case scenario is for an untraceable nuke detonation or one that can be blame on another party aka terrorists.

MAD only holds if you can identify and launch the nukes at the guy shooting nukes at you. If a terrorist/covert agent detonate a large enough nuke to cripple a country, no other country in the world will tolerate a retaliatory strike on another country based on suspicions. The only defense is the Samson Option which is to tell the World that you are burning everybody else down in case you have to surrender.

Anyone else make up little stories for these?
Demons have taken over the weather station and are trying to trick you into looking at the bloodmoon.

Something like that.

>actually trying to survive a nuclear attack
Big fucking mistake, enjoy your radiation poisoning as you slowly become too sick to even kill yourself, I'll be enjoying my eternal nothingness :^)

>It's like in Advance Wars
I actually forgot I was on Cred Forums for a second, this feels more like a /wsg/ thread

>Demons have taken over the weather station
doom 2 was really fucking lame, wasn't it

Mitchell and Webb are always amazing

It's on hulu. Is the book any good? I figured it was generic "post apocalyptic" and not really nuclear.

>not stocking up on iodine tablets and enough supplies to survive a few days holed up in your basement
>not having a spare radiation suit for yourself to go out after a few weeks have passed

I wouldn't be trying. Like I said, I'd just hole up and wait to die while trying to follow what's going on. There's not much else to do.

>New Zealand
lel who's gonna bother targeting us.
Might go explore Australias ruins.

>wageslave
>no spare time to do anything enjoyable anymore
bring on the nukes, I welcome it

So, where would the top 3 targets be in the world and initiated by whom?

Would you play a game where you must try and survive a nuclear blast?

>You have 5 in-game hours after being notified of the attack
>Multiple routes/ideas you can take to try and survive
>Drive car out of city
>Try to get to a plane
>find a bunker
>have to watch out for looters and panicked people

america, russia and china

initiated by russia, china and america

I liked how in SMT I your choices didn't matter and Japan gets nuked no matter what. You're left to aimlessly scramble while the screen starts flashing before the nukes hit and you only survive because you get teleported to another dimension. When you come back everything is fucked.

This was fucking great. Best depiction of a nuke I've seen.

India to combat the shitposting

melbourne, adelaide, and sydney

to end the shitposting once and for all

>tfw not assigned to take over the cool space base.
>tfw only get to fight the weather reporter
>didn't even get to meet doomguy

Washington DC by Russia/China
Moscow by America and maybe Germany and the UK
Maybe Beijing by also America and maybe Germany and the UK

I'm half Japanese so I must have like +5 nuclear resistance right

moscow
washington DC
beijing

It's basically a YA novel so it's okay but not really a must read or anything. And it is specifically about a girl who survives alone in a small valley that was protected from the nuclear apocalypse and what happens when another survivor turns up in the valley one day.

I thought that was a pyroclastic flow for a second. Of course, those things travel hundreds of miles an hour.

>Somewhere around Oshkosh
>Think this is bullshit because this town is nothing
>Then remember we have a huge military vehicle plant
FUCKING HELL

WHY ARE THEY MOVING SO FUCKING SLOWLY

FUCKING RUN YOU BASTARDS

RUUUUUUUUUN

>live in riverside CA, east of LA
>no quick nuke death, will die by fallout

well alright I guess

jokes on you, I live right by a power plant so I've been building a radiation immunity my whole life

I'm basically a superhero

rip in pieces(your chromosomes)

There's actually a whole game dedicated to exactly that. It's called Disaster Day of Crisis.

I live few streets from a naval base with nuclear subs. They do siren tests every monday morning that can be heard form over two miles.

I'm pretty sure if they ever have a radiation leak most people will think it's a test.

nah it's fine, my cum glows in the dark but I don't plan on having kids

that game is garbage though

What are some essential apocalypsecore videogames? Flash games/indieshit are acceptable.

I remember those days
>everywhere is fucking red and covered in helldust
>the sun when visible would glow blue
Spooky as fuck man

Depends who is attacking.

Most likely New York, Washington and London.

That hits the capital in both nations and also the stock exchanges.

so apparently the german local newspaper wants me to stock on food and water, I also hear a lot of "training alerts" in my town the past weeks. Am I fucked?

You fuck. You know where the original is from.

>maybe Germany

Germany isn't a nuclear armed nation.

Ah fuck, I'm retarded aren't I. It's the French that won't let go of their nukes right?

>mfw Phoenix

At least it'll be quick

What if a nuclear explosion went right off in your face?

You would have neither a face nor a body to attach it to. You would, for all intents and purposes, become completely nonexistent, not even a pile of ash.

That would be very surprising and I would probably go "AAAH" in surprise.

You whole body would combust instantly. You'd become fire and ash.

>Hawaii
Even in anime gets nuked

Do you want nuclear apocalypse or just "regular" apocalypse?

This is Cred Forums so I'm probably going to be shit on for saying this but The Last of Us is a top tier end of the world game if you have a PS3. PS4 is ideal though since it's 60fps, has better character models and runs at 1080p

You'd be fine. Nukes kind of work like hurricanes; you'd be right in the eye of the nuclear explosion, ergo you'd be completely safe. You wouldn't be able to leave that area for a few hours due to the radiation outside of it, though.

SMT has some neat apocalypses.
I like in SMT III how Tokyo gets turned into a desert.

i live in leavenworth kansas which is right next to pretty much all the nike sites in the the state, while I probably wont be vaporized i will be dead pretty fucking quickly via radiation

Either nuclear or regular is fine, desu. I need more amusing apocalypse games in my life. I haven't found many that weren't atrocious zombie shooter flash games

Yeah the only "officially recognised" nations with nukes are the USA, UK, France, China and Russia

Nukes have been tested in India, Pakistan, North Korea and I think Iran but those nations haven't signed the same agreements as the ones above and/or I think some scrapped their nukes program.

Israel is believed to have nukes too.

Yes, the brown tide consumes all.

Hey I just answered his question, pal. Never said it was a good game.

>live on the west side of the diving range in straya
>even if for some bumfuck reason we get nuked im still fine
Strewth

kek

Forgot how well done that scene was.

Joke's on you! I'm not an American so I'll be fine! I'll be living it up, not giving a fuck, living life in the fast lane.

You become Dr. Manhattan.

True story. :^)

You'd be vaporized before your brain even realizes what is happening.

>that mid-sentence cut to "ATTACK WARNING RED: NUCLEAR STRIKE IMMINENT"
>nuclear siren alarms start playing
fucking sends chills down my spine every time

>Warfare tactics are fascinating.
Try playing a Grand Strategy game set in WW 2
It's amazing. Has a very steep learning curve, but it's simply amazing.

Do you think MAD is a reasonable way of going about things? Certainly it deters other sides from actually using their nukes, but when it comes down to it, do you think ending the world is an appropriate response to ones own nation going down?

No, it's morally wrong, but it's what has to remain the primary motivation if we're to never have an all-out nuclear war.

That's not true. Fort Bragg is bigger.

The logistics involved in WW2 was absolutely incredible, especially with the shitty technology they had at the time.

So many ridiculous little plans coming together, everyone working around the clock in absolute secrecy.

I always love the stories about the planning for the D-Day landings. In order to throw off the Nazis the allies did all sorts of clever little things. At one point the British took a recently deceased man and dressed him up in RAF gear, they then planted encrypted plans on him (which they knew the Germans could crack) and then dumped his body in the sea so it would be washed up on the French shore.

The plans were the supposed D-Day invasion points and then plotted them miles away from were the D-DAY landings took place so the Germans would concentrate their defences at the wrong place.

Nevermind all the immense food convoys across the atlantic and the battle for oil in the middle east. It would still be a massive undertaking in present day and they did it in the 40s.

The Americans shifting from neutral support to total war in the space of like 12 months was brilliant. They basically turned the city of Detroit into one giant war machine.

This is why the us u.s. building orbital kinetic kill vehicles

no long vulnerable launch, no obvious arcing to determine where it's coming from
just an airfield or silo getting wrecked

please don't tell them I know about the kkv's

tfw from Sheffield

Speaking of emergency warning videos that would be broadcast across TV - Obviously those are made and updated over time by governments as a precaution. Where would those videos be kept? Would TV stations have a copy, is there some government facility with the power to instantly forcibly takeover all channels or something else?

tfw live near Catterick garrison which is basically a guaranteed target

While germany isn't nuclear armed nation, it does many nuclear weapons from the US.
iirc NATO and US Stations in Germany have Nuclear weapons on Storage and even firing abilities.

>tfw live nice and close to blackwater, sizewell A and B and several important RAF bases.

I'm going to become a goddamn feral ghoul if we ever have a nuclear conflict in the UK.

>is there some government facility with the power to instantly forcibly takeover all channels or something else?
you dont need to use force to take over the public tv networks when you're the government

>tfw live in Colchester.
>The Garrison
>right in the sweet spot of several nuclear power stations
>Even if we weren't we're close enough to get supercancer from the glowing underground hellhole that would become London.
>King Arthur, Boudicca and Joey Essex will not rise to save our kingdom in the days of the apocalypse.

I meant more of a simple press-of-a-button takeover kind of force, rather than having to "force" a channel off the air that doesn't want to.

MAD doesn't mean you actually have to launch a counter attack if you are nuked, your enemy just has to fear that you will.

The point of MAD isn't to destroy the world, it's to deter enemies from attacking you. If an enemy attacks you then by definition MAD has failed and there is no point in following through with the response.

>the only time your town shows up on a national map is when it's a candidate for annihilation

>tfw chicago suburbs
rip in peace me

I thought you'd be happier about that, Mike.

>Joey Essex

Hi, I help make shitty terrible TV programs in the UK. Remember Gadget Man? Of course you fucking don't.

There is essentially a consenting form of government-based broadcast takeover in the UK. Remember the phone the Kremlin has with the Oval office that is super special and only used when Putin and Obama want to talk boys? (it doesn't work this way any more) There's one and a backup with every TERRESTIAL network in the UK. There's an established procedure: Network gets the call, the network does what they've been trained to do and activate the emergency broadcasts.

That's actually it, there's no magic "push a button and Theresa May can force you to watch her sexy bathtub video" but there is an established method to get an emergency armageddon-type scenario broadcast out. It's handled by the network themselves with hopefully a direct tie to the government giving info.

Radio works a little differently apparently, the BBC has a specific procedure that actually turns all their local and regional towers into a national-broadcast system, and it hijacks the traffic alert channels, so if you have that turned on in your car you're gonna be fucking hearing about it.

Really though, you've witnessed what would actually happen in a disaster scenario: 9/11. The networks THEMSELVES were quicker to get information out and advise the public than the government was. You wouldn't see a 1984-style broadcast in the event of an nuclear attack, you'd see Snow or Moira fucking Stewart shitting their pants. The emergency broadcast would come later.

Good, you fucking weeaboo scum.

have you seen the TV show Catterick

>tfw live next to an airforce base in FL

Yeah according to this they are nuking me to the stone age.

On a side note, why in the fuck are they nuking the ever living shit out of these areas in the 2,000 nuke scenario? Military Bases?

>all these posts about nuke alerts
>BC just did a test alert on TV today
Fucking scared the piss out of me, fuck you trudeau

Rude, you're not getting any of my Kit Kats when the food storage depletes and you're begging for sustenance

I have not

nuke silos

I live in the capital city of my country, but not the most populated.
Will I be OK or not? Once the Republic of The New United States nukes Sydney and Melbourne would they even bother with Canberra?

Interesting. Thanks for the info.

Oh and I actually do remember Gadget Man, but only because it was so awful. I don't know how it lasted as long as it did.

60 seconds

>you have 60 seconds to grab all the shit you'll need including family.
>you miss something you need? well fuck you
>have to make choices inside your bunker to try and survive till someone comes to save you

simple game but fun for a few playthroughs

It was extremely cheap to make and most of our money from essentially from promoting the objects found within the show. Plus we had way too much fun.

Don't worry though, I'm now making something that's like an adult version of Raven except terrible. You'll LOVE it.

>Nuking Toledo, OH

>killing off the most poverty-stricken area in all of Ohio

Doing god's work

The Bunker - it's a FMV game released a few days ago. I know Cred Forums is younger, but I like it and loved FMV games back when they were common. Also hot mom and son action.

Will us Alaska friends be safe?

oh lord, i want this to be true so badly. can you give me one tiny inconsiquential detail so that i will know you were telling the turh when it comes on? thanks

Alien: Isolation. There's a few times where shit goes down and you have to flee the area while sirens and lights blare all around you and you can hear the deafening footsteps of the Alien chasing behind you.

The hospital escape was fantastic, just pure chaos while you dart around the confused human survivors and hear their desperate gunshots and screams as the Alien wastes time killing them first.

Instead of dying instantly, you get to see the end of our species as you slowly succumb to radiation poisoning

Why is Memphis a target

Sure thing bud, do you like my expert anti-reverse search filter? It's very high fucking tech.

>tfw living on Long Island.
Maybe I can escape to sea and drown instead.

American final fantasy.

Are there any videos of actual REAL war warnings by governments?

That scale looks awfully messed up.

This basically. While we have the tech to make far bigger bombs than what were used in Hiroshima and Nagasaki, they're generally not made that big. Most nukes are small tactical ones. At least that's what I've always read anyway. The idea behind Tzar bomba was partly a dick waving contest and partly because the soviet apparently didn't have the accuracy the US had, so they just decided they'd make something so big it wouldn't matter if it was accurate or not.

I'm the media guy, think back to our recent conflicts in Iraq, Afghanistan etc. They're handled by the media release of government official statements. In the US they syndicate a C-span broadcast of the president promising to bomb Russia in 5 minutes. I can't think of a good western example of the government ACTIVELY BROADCASTING themselves.

Why would they? Imagine what that would imply for the direness of the situation. The media are more than happy to make sure the Prez/PM's words get out, they'll plaster it everywhere and wheel out 50,000 news cycles all for free, and it implies a level of societal continuity. Imagine how terrifying it would be if Theresa May personally interrupted pingu via a static-laced broadcast telling everyone we're gonna die.

Nuclear threat scenarios are terrifying because we like to assume we're not going to have much time before the attack to react, but we're going to know its happening before it does. I honestly think it won't be that scenario, we'll either have a tremendous media buildup to a volatile crescendo, or we'll get hit by something before we can EVEN FUCKING BLINK.

what's up with the three big clusters of black dots in mid/north US? Idk murika geography well.

Those are where most of the ICBM silos are

Chayenne is a big military base where Stargate happens, shh. The other two are to make Chicago REALLY windy and to make it significantly harder to strike back.

Anyone ever seen a movie called Threads? It's about a series of nuclear strikes on Britain and the lives of people surrounding them. Pretty good stuff.
There's one particular plotline where two people are sheltering from fallout under a mattress, and over the days/weeks they slowly succumb to radiation poisoning.

>tfw I live in between Chicago and Milwaukee

Holy fuck, gramps.
Seriously though, what was life like during a constant overhead looming feeling of doom?

fucking americans making so many enemies

I live in Toronto I'm gonna get fucked by this shit

What's scarier?
Being in the path of a nuclear blast or being in the path of a pyroclastic flow?

Speaking of massive bombs that cause untold devastation and make me so sick I want to die, have you seen the Ghostbusters reboot?

>living next to Macdill Air Force Base

i asked for this

One is a mercyful one hit kill, the other is blast that forces the out of your lungs, when you suddenly try to inhale, its a poisonous smog that fucks you over.

Does anyone know what I am thinking of here? Basically, there were (and maybe still are) videos filmed with major celebrities; in which they prepare you for nuclear war/apocalypse. I don't think any have been actually released but there are articles about it. If anyone knows, please spoodfeed this retard.

>south florida

>themist.webm

Shit, son, I'd play the hell out of that.

Single W88 warhead is up to 475 kilotons and we got 8 (12 max capacity) of them slapped in 1 Trident missile and 1 Ohio class sub carries 24 Trident missiles. Shit's fucking terrifying.

Fallout 4 in the most retarded way possible.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

>China
>having enough nukes for 500 scenario, let alone 2000 one

>tfw right next to Norfolk and Langley

I accept it

chinese are fucking retarded because they grew up being told what to do all the time

Oh man that's a fucking great movie
>that bit where the old man turns on the tap to get his dying wife a glass of water and starts crying as only a little dribble comes out

Smart fucker.

>when he takes his dead son's gaming console while slowly puking his guts out from radiation poisoning
>when the boyfriend starts running to his fiance while the bomb drops and is never seen again
>when the government people are trapped in the basement and slowly suffocate to death
>when the parents are trapped under the mattress and can hear their little son screaming for help as he is burned or crushed alive