Ace Attorney Thread: Justice Edition

Why is Apollo so based?
>Chords of Steel
>Pounds his fists down like a man when the prosecution is talking shit
>In case 6-5 his voice was so powerful it literally sent grown men flying to the ground
>Has great theme to boot
>One of the best Objections in the series
Why wouldn't you want to be an Apollofag?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cx0zW3MkaA0
youtube.com/watch?v=-L29-dbnY7k
youtube.com/watch?v=6LN_L85b2zQ
youtube.com/watch?v=zWNAx-lvdZI
youtube.com/watch?v=JHFVqsp_PTM
youtube.com/watch?v=kD0p7Ma0_kQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Sp9xfM6SSTI
youtube.com/watch?v=abdX3zjq6-s
youtube.com/watch?v=OZkiky_vAvQ
youtube.com/watch?v=UXD2t8WLMWw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Slams desk with head

Athena has that double slam though, which gets me every time.

Klavier would be pretty impressed with Herr Forehead

Glad they improved her slam. The one in DD felt pretty weak. In SoJ it was just right.

>Not using this OST => youtube.com/watch?v=cx0zW3MkaA0
with a bit a remix into it like in T&T did when cornering Ga'Ran

ONE FUCKING JOB INTO MAKING THIS A FULL APOLLO JUSTICE GAME

It's not even that good a Pursuit theme, though.

Why doesn't Trucy love Nick?

Maybe it wasn't his finale yet.
>mfw it's going to get even crazier for him

Now that AA6 connects back to it, will they finally re-release AA4?

With AA5 they could get away with skipping it as that game tried its hardest to pretend 4 never happened, but this is no longer the case

IM LITERALLY LOSING MY FUCKING SHIT RIGT NOW

Fuck you

You're an ass.

The prosecution is ready, Your Honor

RANK THE GAMES

AJ

You know, it'd be simpler just to number them. AA4, AA5, AA6.

Post yfw

This is so retarded. It was a civil trial. There WAS no prosecutor.

>Replaying T&T
>That moment when you expose that it's Dahlia who is testifying in court, not Iris

Why is Dahlia the best villain in this series?

Pretty sure people started posting that when one of the trailers showed Phoenix on the prosecutor's side, but it wasn't explicitly said to be a civil trial yet.

Yeah, at the time people thought it was going to be Apollo, Athena & Blackquill against Phoenix and Maya

A civil trial that ended up involving murder.

Probably should have expected something like that, though. Nick wouldn't legally be allowed to act as a prosecutor under any circumstance. It'd be harder for a defense attorney to pose as a prosecutor than it would be for a prosecutor to pose as a defense attorney.

Yeah, I would lose my shit to if I don't know how to take a screenshot and have to resort to potato camera.

Is AA3 really the best game or do people just praise it because of the final case?

With the Chief Prosecutor on his side, anything was possible.

AA3 has the best great cases to shit cases ratio. You only have one shit case, one that is considered top 3 in the series, two great non-investigation cases and then one great case.

It also has the only non-murder trial (first part of 3-2 is lacerny), has three playable characters (only game where you play as Mia and Edgeworth) and toned out a bit of JFA's retarded difficulty while still being challenging in its own way.

I can't think why capcom do not want to release all Ace Attorney games on steam. This is like the easiest money they can make right now

Edgeworth would never ask Nick to be a prosecutor, and it's hard to imagine Nick becoming one of his own will either. It wouldn't even work as a test for Polly since Nick has no experience as a prosecutor. He'd get better results if he simply asked Edgeworth to act as prosecutor for a case himself.

If you think about it rationally, there really was no reason to believe that Nick was ever gonna act as a prosecutor, especially since not all trials even require one to begin with.

if Blackquill could just tone down the edge factor by like 15% I'd almost play a game where he's the main character and have minigames where you play mindgames with people.

I'd say yes.
The best would be AAI-2 IMO since none of the cases are wasted and they are all linked. Edgeworth character development was also great.

AAI2>T&T=SoJ>AA>PLvsAA=AAI=DGS>JFA=DD>AJ

>Nick wouldn't legally be allowed to act as a prosecutor under any circumstance.
And yet Diego did just that.

BIDEOGAMES
:DDDDDDD

Nah. Diego actually took the exam and legally became a prosecutor. He didn't just steal a prosecutor's badge and slap it on. He was a legit prosecutor.

I'd agree with this if it weren't for SoJ DLC case.
God that is such a pile of horse shit.

>if Blackquill could just tone down the edge factor by like 15%
8 years of edginess doesn't wear out in a couple of months.

How many times has Nick actually defeated Edgeworth? 1-2 he had him beat, 1-3 Edgeworth turned on his witness and helped him win, then this trend continued to repeat every time they squared off. 2-4 had Edgeworth win

I'm assuming the wedding DLC case for SoJ will have you beating Edgeworth since it's going for a throwback feel

It's no longer about "beating" anyone. It's about finding the truth. That's all that ever truly mattered. "Winning" in the courtroom is a stupid and meaningless concept. What truly matters is figuring out the truth and making sure the innocent go free and the guilty are punished.

>Diego actually took the exam and legally became a prosecutor
I don't remember them talking about that in the games, but I guess he had the time to do that before T&T after he woke up.

>Buyfags
And yes Phoenix beat him again in SoJ DLC.

Well here's the thing you have to remember: Prosecutors don't just get to choose their own cases. I mean, I guess they get some say in the matter, but ultimately, they're assigned their cases by the court. If Godot weren't officially a prosecutor, he wouldn't get to prosecute at all.

>piratefags
Thanks for helping to kill the series in the west.

Just finished 6-5 last night. I got so hooked I played until 5 in the morning.

A dragon never yields ;_;

>dhurke was dead for like a whole week already

holy fuck

And he still saved apollo from drowning. Dhurke for best dad 2016.

>A dragon never yields
I'm surprised they kept that, actually.

In the animated promotional prologue for the game, they mention a "dragon" is going to arrive and make great waves to Khura'in. Nick's name in Japan is "Ryuichi", and "ryu" means "dragon" in Japanese.

Ryuichi and Dhurke were both "dragons", and being the adopted son of a dragon, Polly was also a "dragon".

But since Ryuichi's "Phoenix" in America, that loses some of its weight.

>saved Apollo from drowning

This is kind of a basic duty of a parent. What the fuck kind of shit parent would actually LET his kid drown?

She manipulated so many people and got away the first time scott free.

She was only defeated because Phoenix turned out to be the first man to defy her charms.

He didn't defy her charms, though. In fact, he fell for them hook, line and sinker.

>Why is Dahlia the best villain in this series?
It's because they wrote a villain that you genuinely grow to fucking hate. By the end of it all, you want to wring her god damn neck with your own hands.

Well sure, but how many dads do that when they've already been dead for more than a day?

>mfw more new backstory

:^))

Well he conveniently happened to know a spirit medium. That helped a lot.

Life's all about the connections you make.

He's also a lot more likely to force the prosecution to eat crow than Phoenix.

>You...You and that little girl have surely earned your ticket to hell
>Really? Pretty sure that's you for trying to convict an innocent little girl

So Phoenix's, Apollo's and Athena's story is over now. What will the next game even be about? A new character?

Why is Simon such a weeb?

I dunno, man. Nick's the legendary defense attorney who's won seemingly impossible cases, not Dhurke.

He uncovered and took down major corruption in his country's justice system, solved crimes that went unsolved for years, uncovered major conspiracies, unmasked an international spy whom no one else was ever able to catch and was the first defense attorney to win a trial in Khur'ain in a decade.

Because he didn't eat his hamburgers as a kid

Athena's past is resolved, but her story as a lawyer is only started.

The fuck are you talking about? You don't need some kind of chuuni past in order to have a game's story revolve around you. Nick didn't even HAVE much of a past until the third game, and even then, his only real connection to the case was a minor fling he had back in college.

>she got the double slam from Blackquill

I like cute details like this, SoJ is full of them

>yfw the L'Belle hairspray was actually relevant

underrated image

Was kinda nice they made references. How was it relevant to the game tho? Just made an appearance as a reference

Athena likes her double slams alright.

Amara and Ga'ran used it to cover up their tactics.

Apollo Justice:
>The progeny of a clan of magicians. Inherited heightened tell-reading senses from his mother.
>The adopted son of a revolutionary, destined to reform his father's country's law system.
>The biological half-brother of the previous protagonist's adopted daughter

Athena Cykes:
>The daughter of a great psychoanalyst who was violently murdered
>Was gifted with the ability to sense the hidden emotions in people's voices
>Was severely traumatized by events from her past

Phoenix Wright:
>A former art major
>Was partially inspired to be a lawyer because of some minor event from his elementary school days
>Once went out with a crazy bitch back in college

What colour hair does Amara have, user?

She's ash blonde

Diego was also dead for years and everyone forgot about him.

Who's the one character you want to see return in some form?

I need me some more DeKiller shenanigans. I like having this assassin who always gets away cause he's a fucking pro.

(1/2)
"Eshiro: I seriously want to ask everyone here whether they want to make a next game. Do you want to make a new entry in the series, or a completely different Gyakuten game?

Horiyama: Wouldn’t it be fun if we’d make a Gyakuten Saiban with VR? You’d be standing in court yourself.

Daigo: You’d be at the witness stand?

Horiyama: It wouldn’t really matter anywhere….

Eshiro: If you’re going to defend, you need to be at the defense’s bench.

Yamazaki: Perceive would be difficult to do in VR, perhaps.

Eshiro: Next is Fuse.

Fuse: I actually have been wanting to make an action game. But perhaps we could make an action game with Gyakuten (laugh).

Daigo: Shouldn’t Marvel VS. Capcom 4 be coming soon?

Eshiro: And you, Daigo?

Daigo: Like I just said, I really poured everything I had into Gyakuten 6, so I need to charge up on things I want to do for a while.

Eshiro: You’re probably all out of everything at the moment.

Fuse: I’d like to work on a new Gyakuten that isn’t part of a new series, but one that is a completely new game.

Eshiro: So the concept would be Gyakuten Saiban, but you’d be building it up from scratch again?

Fuse: Yes. With a new world, or something like that."

(2/2)
"Eshiro: The staff might change, but do you think the Gyakuten series will still go on in the future?

Yamazaki: Like Fuse just said, I think that one possibility could be the consideration whether now is the right timing to start a new Gyakuten, completely from zero. On the other hand, while there is nothing left in me that I wanted to have in 6, there are still things I want to portray if I look back at the whole series. Last time, we talked about characters we’d like to see back again and there are still characters in the series we can pull out from the drawer to see how they are doing now. We could also go with that.

Eshiro: I am of the opinion we also need to nurture a generation that can continue make the Gyakuten series. We can now have everything who gave everything to Gyakuten 6 go work on different titles, gain new experiences there, and then we can reassemble again to make a new Gyakuten Saiban. The experiences they gained from working on other games is bound to come in handy. That could be gimmicks for the plot, or designs, or anything.

Interviewer: I am relieved to hear the Gyakuten series will continue in the future.

Eshiro: Of course, as long as people keep asking for the Gyakuten series. Of course, it is also important to consider who makes the game, but in the end, it’s the public, the users who decide whether it’s is truly Gyakuten Saiban. It’s the same with films and books, the more amusing they are, the more you want to see and read. Now we have given everything we could to make Gyakuten 6, but I am sure there are fans who still want to see what happens after this, who want to play more. As the producer responsible for this game, it is my task to first think about what that future, what the next step will be."

(3/2)
"Yamazaki: I really think we have a lot of possibilities now. We made Gyakuten 6 so we could go anywhere after this. We can make sequels with any setting, any character as the protagonist. We made the ending so it would open up possibilities for the Gyakuten series, not to close them up. What comes after this, is all dependent on what the users want, so I’d be very happy if the users could all tell the development team what they want.

Eshiro: I too am looking forward to the future."

He did have two years to become one.

Interesting. It does feel like they could go anywhere with the next game.

Come to think of it, if Nick was an art major, I'd like to see a reference to that someday.

Zak would shoot Trucy if it meant he could take revenge on Nick.

I really wouldn't call DGS2 new.

No he wouldn't. I mean. I hope not. He at least loved her enough to give her her inheritance.

Well, I'm sure Nick would at least do the same thing as Dhurke if he were in the same position.

Not the same staff as GS6.

He also tried to ruin her father's life for a reason that made absolutely zero sense. Do not underestimate the inner machinations of Zak.

God, Trucy really dodged a bullet there, didn't she?

It's a shame she'll never truly appreciate how things turned out.

Shit... Good catch

I know. I completely lost my shit here. Was pretty pissed at him with that shitty attitude of his

The more I think about Zak's motives, the more they make no fucking sense whatsoever

He wanted Phoenix to beat him so he could see if he was a worthy lawyer, yet for some reason this made him hate him?

Then the fucker keeps trying to ruin his life just for that? Why? WHY?

What is the best theme in SoJ and why is it A Cornered Heart? GOAT

Zak is a jerk

So...would you bone Kisegawa?
Remember the risking of Kisegawa turning into a 5 year old boy mid banging

3>1>6>2>4>5

Zak and Kristoph don't make any sense. Don't try to think about either character. You'll just get a headache.

AAI2>AA6>AA3>AA5>AA1>AA2=AA4>>>>AAvsPL

Dhurke was literally a better dad dead than alive

And still phoenix has the best story

When will Maya stop getting her stupid burger eating ass kidnapped or under suspicion of murder?

It's a step up compared to what happened to her mom and Mia.

I think that entire clan is just cursed.

Maya!
best companion. She doesn't talk on every single little thing like some of the other girls.

I'VE GOT CHORDS OF STEEL
STEEL
STEEL
CHORDS OF STEEL

My nigga.

It's weird how she's still extremely childish and runs around trying to touch every little thing

When will her and Phoenix make some babies to continue the Fey clan? She's a grown woman now, age difference isn't that big anymore

>you will never have chords of steel samurai

That's a funny way of spelling Kay Faraday.

Kay is a dumb cunt

I want to see the Cadaverinis come back. Specifically Viola but I'll take anything to know she's indirectly okay and kicking. I think her last reference was in AAI or something.

Why is Phoenix's Objection theme the one we hear from Mia?

How does an art major student become a lawyer?

It's fitting desu

>Klavier tries to ask Apollo out on a date
>gets rejected

btfo, Gavin.

By quitting art and studying law instead.

>Gayvin

Everyone looks pretty dumb around Edgeworth to be honest

>Is your consultation character
>is horribly gay

Man that mini case summarizes his entire character in 4 really well

It always amuses me how Klavier seems to like Apollo more than Apollo likes Klavier.

youtube.com/watch?v=6LN_L85b2zQ

Does Apollo dislike Klavier because he's jealous or because Klavier is unprofessional as fuck?

Mix of both i'd say.

He doesn't dislike Klavier, but he does find Klavier kind of annoying. Especially that whole "Herr Forehead" schtick.

Also, Polly's one of the more professional and orthodox lawyers in the series, so I guess Klavier's kind of hard for him to get along with.

Should I watch the movie?

Can I enjoy Spirit of Justice without finishing Dual Destinies?

>skipping games
Are you retarded?

What was his endgame?

Just finish DD ffs. You will enjoy SoJ better if you do because the 4th case pretty much has two character from DD leading the case.

He was using Rakugo as an excuse to crossdress

Klavier is his sidekick what do you think? Polly doesn't really dislike anyone except maybe Ema. With her though it's fear, not dislike.

Phoenix still sounds pretty good to be fair

So...Did Nahyuta bang Ema during that 8 hour sermon?

What's going on here? Is she resisting the urge to jerk off her erect, throbbing dick that just so happens to be obscured by that bench?

I just wish this wasn't spoiled in the fucking jap magazines

>"What comes after this, is all dependent on what the users want, so I’d be very happy if the users could all tell the development team what they want."

Interesting. I wonder if the AA fanbase could come together and make an open-letter type of thing saying what we want out of AA7. Obviously it can't delve into fanfiction tier shit where autists mandate the entire story, but I'd love to see people come together in unison and point out some common requests people have for the series (care more about overall continuity and worldbuilding, make all the cases related like AAI2, etc.) and some issues AA6 had that could be ironed out in a potential AA7 (game still being too easy, lack of gameplay in investigation segments in comparison to the older games, twists being foreshadowed way too much, too many flashbacks that made the game easier, etc.)

I'm just not really feeling Dual Destinies, but I've been hearing great things about Spirit of Justice so I just want to get on with it already.

Just finish it, you won't have a proper understanding of the series if you skip it. Not to mention 6-4/6-5 is generally regarded as pretty fucking good, so you'd be missing out.

Finish it. The last case has a pretty shocking twist, even though it was done before and a bit better. Unless you were already spoiled then fuck I don't know. DD was nowhere near as good as SoJ but I'd still finish it before moving on to SoJ.

Is that his actual face? The first time I saw him I thought that the frontal stitches were the seam of his mask

Yep that is his face, although I have no idea what the whole stitches thing is about.

Something I'm not seeing people give AA6 credit for is that it's one of the few AA games with no bad cases. The only other ones that've done this are AA3 and AAI2, and even then AA3 has 3-3 to weigh it down a bit. You can argue 6-4 is the weakest case in AA6 but even then it's still a solid filler case that only went on for a single trial whereas 3-3 went on for 2 days.

I still really need to play AAI2...I should get an R4 card today and learn how to work that shit.

But yeah, not a single bad case, which was kind of refreshing.

Get an R6 card, dump the translated rom, then you're good. It's really fucking easy.

AAI2 still the best game in the series. Pretty impressive how even the weakest case in that game can be considered great.

Post plot twists you saw coming a mile away.

In AA6 the moment they acknowledged that Amara was still alive I knew she was Nayna considering she just happened to magically go missing on the same day.

Then I checked her portrait and her eyebrows are the same colour as Amara's and she even has the same jewel pattern. That stuff was so obvious.

Just download an emulator on your PC.

When Nayna took the stand and they zoomed in on her is when I realized it..

Alright

I'm out of the house a lot and operate from a potato. I'd more prefer to just use my DS lite or 3DS.

Inga's notebook with character features was a dead giveaway for his prosopagnosia
Not really major since they reveal it early on in the trial.

It was funny because they clearly made that supposedly huge plot twist telegraphed in order to blindisde you with the even bigger one

I'd kiss Kisegawa but that's about it, fucking a girl in a guy body is still pretty gay

I suspected the director was Mr. Reus before it was revealed in court. Became pretty obvious when he mentioned hating the GramaREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEs

I'm pretty sure her double slam was in DD as well

Best track in the game.
youtube.com/watch?v=zWNAx-lvdZI

Prove me the fuck wrong.

Best new track. I really like Athena's remixed objection theme though.

>implying they aren't saving it for 7-5 where Apollo brings Thalassa's killer to justice

Funny way of spelling "A Cornered Heart".

Pretty sure it wasn't. I immediately noticed it when she did it in SoJ. Could be wrong though, but it did feel new. If not then she definitely did it more often in this one.

Hell yes my nigga.

Now a twist I didn't expect.
I honestly didn't see Dhurke's death coming. I realize he said he would die, but I honestly wouldn't think he was dead all along and being channeled by Maya the whole time. It only made the moment with Apollo's realization all the better. That was really one of the best moments in the series, and the song playing just made it absolutely god-tier.

I don't think anyone saw it coming, amazing twist indeed.

On the contrary, I assumed Nayna was going to be dead and in the coffin.

About that character
I'm not sure if I missed something out, but why isn't Amara under arrest? I mean she did channel a man to try and incriminate him of a murder she knew well he didn't commit. Not only that but she covered for her sister, the real murderer and lied to the court. She was about to admit it but got shot. That still doesn't take away from the fact that she knew it all along and went along with it. She didn't deserve Dhurke REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

She suffered for 23 years already and everyone worships her

I noticed that too in SoJ, and I'm pretty sure I've never seen her doing it in DD either.

I'm glad Trucy took after Phoenix more than she did Zak when she gets arrested in AA6. Instead of running away to start a new life, she just suggests forging evidence instead.

Still she idolizes the asshole who left her way too much.

What makes you think Zak hated Phoenix? Zak is a cunt but nothing you said makes sense.

Same I suspected Amara to still be alive since it seemed par for the course in this series. The second they bring up the picture of Amara I recognized her as Nayna.

Did you even play the game?

Blame shitty Japanese writing. I have no idea why anyone tries to pretend Zak (all the gramaryes even Mr. Reus honestly) is anything but a total scumbag.

I mean amazing magicians!

Why did Phoenix stop using forged evidence? He clearly had no problem using it in AJ

He probably doesn't want to risk getting disbarred again?

Bum Phoenix should have never happened. It completely fucked his character. It felt nothing like Phoenix

In that case was a very calculated gamble he had time to prepare ahead, almost every other case he's improvising much more

He only used it once and that itself was like some kind of irony. In fact it was really no different than him lying about the poison bottle in 3-3 or manipulating the validity of evidence in 1-5. I mean, he only used it because it was "real" evidence that the killer had destroyed, or something.

>the state of gamexplain
youtube.com/watch?v=JHFVqsp_PTM

>"This game is bad if it's the first one of the series you play"
No shit you fucking faggot. It's the second game in the 3DS trilogy and the sixth in the main series. Like how is this even a valid argument?

Ted's an autistic dumbass though.

Bum Phoenix is a completely different character who just happened to possess Phoenix's body for a couple years. Just treat him as not canon.

Who the fuck is that guy? Doesn't sound like any of the regular gamexplain guys

Guy from Brainscratchcomms who's excessively negative and divisive about everything. He was the one in their Sonic Mania reveal discussion that was disappointed Mania exists because it isn't Adventure pandering.

what a fag

What a dumb faggot. He probably started the series with this game and was all upset by the spirit channel talk. I remember IGN bitching about the same thing, even though it was easily the best part of the story.

>After Kay's memory loss trauma in AAI2 she returns to her normal self as if it never happened

This is why AAI2 will never be my #1.

Nah, he's played them all. But he hates Apollo.

Every game has stupid plot points to be fair.

What would you expect her to do exactly? I mean yeah she had amnesia but she recovered. I think it was played exactly right throughout the 4th case. Dragging it on after that would be too much. AAI2 still #1 bby. (SoJ is a close second tho)

I want Nick's background explored a little further at some point. Maybe his mom is an airhead artist who's a lot smarter than she lets on when she gets serious. Could make a good twist in the final case if she turns out to be the murderer

>Hating Apollo
Someone needs to be euthanized

>the after-party DLC case this week
>tfw it'll probably be just as good as the main game

I'm so fucking happy AA6 turned out well.

Seriously though, when are they going to start making more cases that aren't connected to people they know? Every case in DD and SoJ they were defending their friends or friends of friends. The whale DLC was the only one that wasn't.

I'm honestly glad I bought it. This game felt like it was worth every single penny.

And I love them all.

6-4 Handed me so much Simon, I can never hate it. I can have shit taste, I don't care, that was glorious.
When are we gonna have sprites from the new game so I can stare at his face?

Odd way to spell Ema, user.

I could understand it if he was coming from 4, but 6 pretty much redeems the character and pushes him far away from phoenix-lite he started out as. He's really grown, and is pretty likable now. This guy sounds really irrational, or just didn't give the game a chance at all.

Simon was such a softie that case, defending Athena and shit. More Athena and Simon cases when?

He's mostly right though. The game is not a mess and is actually pretty good, final case is amazing and Trucy's case, as well as her character, is garbage. The rest of the complains are on point however.

Even though I agree she is by far best girl, don't think she counts as companion. I know she was companion to Edgeworth during one of his investigations of a crime-scene but still

Ace Attorney 7 hopefully. Best boy may have left the series, but Athena has room for growth and Simon is best prosecutor and I need to see more of them.

>Simon is best prosecutor
Funny way of spelling Edgeworth. Nah but yeah hopefully they team up again in AA7. Hoping Apollo does return in AA7 so they can finally make that whole sibling reveal they been pushing off so much.

It took that case for me to realize he's tsun. And Athena just wanted him to tell her "Good job" and he never did, but she was okay with it because he protected her and his soba.

Since Apollo's gone, I hope the next game has more Athena & Simon. But Athena seemed kinda stupid this game, so I hope she improves or something.

She was a regular companion in 1-5

Anyone have a webm of the best breakdown?

What would be next the position of power would the next main bad guy of AA7 be in? A international syndicate? An ancient conspiracy? A terrorist organization?

In retrospect its kind of weird that they didn't make Ema the companion in Investigations, given that she was considered for the role of the main character at a point. Guess they just wanted to add more cute girls. I am ok with this.

Sounds like a Phoenix babby who was butthurt that he was baited by Maya's return into playing an Apollo game

True enough, forgot about that. I guess she does qualify as companion. Still best girl.

Lost my shit when he started tearing up after winning only to see it all disappear a second later

BANZAI! BANZAI! BANZAI!

>AA7 focuses on Phoenix, Maya, Athena, and Original Trilogy/AA5 plotlines & characters. Solidifies Athena like AA6 did with Apollo.
>AA8 focuses on Apollo, Trucy, Khura'in, and AA4/AA6 plotlines & characters. Finishes the Thalassa storyline.

Thoughts?

I think they've been pushing it off because there's very little purpose in the "reveal" (because the players have already known about it for like 7-8 years) aside from ensuring they don't fuck. Which to be fair AA6 presents as a possibility because Trucy was pretty into the idea of marrying Apollo.

But really, the reveal would do virtually nothing to change their relationship. They're already close and sibling-like. It was a lazy cliffhanger presented by AA4 because they had no idea what they were going to do with it and they forgot to write a compelling character background for Apollo. I'm absolutely fine with the way 5 and 6 have only lightly touched upon it.

This doesn't technically count but
The moment where Apollo slammed his head on the desk when he realized Dhurke was dead sent shivers down my spine. That moment was absolutely fantastic

Since they hinted at finally revealing they were siblings at the end of AA6, I would love for there to be a case in AA7 where Apollo and Trucy would have to find who killed Thalassa. Only thing I can't come up with, is someone who would want to kill her

I don't know if Apollo really needs more dead parent suffering

>Trucy is 18 in AA7
>No longer minor
>Apollo can finally tap it
W-w-will they go for the reveal they're sibling after they hook up angle?

Was thinking this, but then again what the fuck more could he do behind bars? And also why? I get it's Zak's wife but doubt they ever even met. Would have to be ridiculously well explained how he did it. Although it would be nice to finally see what's behind his black psyche-locks.

>It took that case for me to realize he's tsun
>"I didn't it for you or anything, I just did it for the soba"
>literally tells Phoenix that he's going to use him for sword practice if he puts Athena in harm's way when they go to Khur'ain
He ain't fooling no one.

Trucy or apollo because they're half gramarye and must kill.

>minor
Implying that'll stop a dragon

>Gavin and Reus start plotting in prison to fuck over the last Gramaryes

>Thalassa dies and Apollo is framed as the culprit
>Athena will defend him and Trucy will be the assistant

>Never met biological mother
>Best-friend killed off
>Half a year later his only father figure who hasn't seen him for 10 years is killed.
>Sees his biological dad's death
Wouldn't put it past Capcom to make him suffer some more.

It would be cool if Apollo was left with at least one living parent. I mean, he has many siblings, but having his mom die too would be brutal.
Though, considering how he reacted to his biological father, I don't know if he would actually give a fuck about it either.

His crime and selfish motives were what was behind his black psyche locks. You break them in the final court segment, you just don't see it because you're playing as Apollo rather than Phoenix. I really don't think they were intended to hide anything beyond what happened in the case, especially with the explanation given for what the black locks are in 5.

>Wanting Kristoph and Klavier back.

>>>>Trucy doing something other than getting indited for murder or making mister hat appear.

Why can't I finish this damn poisoning case in T&T?

I'm so unmotivated.

I like Klavier.

As great as it would be, allowing Athena to be the main lawyer and save her friend, it feels like it would all focus on Apollo again(which I don't mind really, best character), but that was already done in SoJ.
But that Gavin and Reus team up would be cool senpai

At this point we don't know if Gavin is still alive though, I thought that he was sentenced to death considering what he did.

Wasn't 6-2 the first time she was actually indicted for murder?

Do you really want both back together though?

hopefully double death seeing as he was convicted twice. but then he can team up dahlia's ghost for max fanfiction-tier villainy

The final piece of evidence to solve the case is absolutely fucking retarded.

Depending on how 4-4 ended in detail, she might still be serving only for the murder of Zak that wasn't premeditated. The jury at the end officially acquitted Vera Misham but it is unclear if the charges were effectively shifted on Kristoph.

Nah.

Yup. It's kinda weird, I also felt she was indicted before for some reason although she never was.

Well she was threatened a couple times. Beyond that, cheating, doing the magic panties trick and the two other things mentioned in here she basically hasn't done anything as a character. 6-2 was weirdly the most she's ever done as a character, and she spent most of it behind bars.

I have no idea why they don't do anything with her.

Maybe a bit of a personality change? Nothing drastic but something significant to show that it actually happened. Kay is so one-dimensional it hurts. This was their opportunity to add more to her but it fell flat.

APOLLO JUSTICE ASININE ATTORNEY IN TWO HOURS AND FIVE MINUTES

WHO'S READY FOR APOLLO AND PRINCESS TSUNTSUN?

>heart pupils

This kind of stuff gets me every time

How much does it cost?

I've reach the second trial, the chef is just annoying. The contradictions are obvious, I just turn it off after a few minutes.

Comes with a theme apparently.

Push through it though. Case 4 and 5 will make the game worthwhile. Warning, case 5 is stupidly long...and I mean really long.

Where do you live? It's been out for the past 16 hours over here, I finished more than half a day ago.

>Nick's DLC costume is Tigre's suit
>it DOESN'T change his theme to the most GOAT track in the series

youtube.com/watch?v=kD0p7Ma0_kQ

I would have bought three more copies, no lie

I'll try to finish it tonight.

Masque de Masque had already put me to sleep, to follow up with this case I was probably going to end up YouTubing it.

On a side note, why is Datz so fucking based? He was everything Larry should have been

Was anyone else super disappointed that they picked the most boring possible music for the Phoenix theme? I mean if you're gonna give us something without any real connection to Phoenix or Maya, at least give us Rayfa's theme instead.

FUCK YOU

Fucking hate that case. That case and 3-3 are the reason AAI2 is still my favorite AA game. AA6 is definitely second. AA3's only saving grace are the last two cases, which really are one giant case as case 4 will just be an intro case to case 5.

dropped my image

>not liking 3-2
Whatever floats your boat, man. Personally, I fucking love the case and all of the characters in it.

I live in America you dirty Aborigine.

>central Europe is now Australia
Wew lad. It came out at midnight, have you tried checking if it's the same in America?

What triggers this? I never saw it. I thought it might have popped up after he got strip searched in front of her hnnngg

I found it incredibly forgettable and bland. I just don't see what everyone else saw in the case

>Though, considering how he reacted to his biological father, I don't know if he would actually give a fuck about it either.
Yeah, but he actually met her and she's still alive. Jove was pretty much a stranger to him.

Klavier is the worst character in the series but Kristoph is amongst the few good things AA4 contributed.

No, actually, I had to get to class this morning, I assumed it would come out when the eShop updates at noon.

Pretty sure it's when you talk to Dhurke about the Defiant Dragons' tattoo. Dhurke jokes that Apollo has a tattoo on his butt. He doesn't. Athena falls for it.

>Phoenix = Barbed Head
>Apollo = Horn Head
>Nahyuta = Braid Head
>Klavier = Drill Head
wew

That was the case with the game itself, but hasn't for these DLCs so far. Try checking at midnight next week to see if you can get the DLC case early.

She's naming them after her plants. Were you expecting something lewd?

He's funny but also incredibly helpful, plus can take out trained soldiers

yfw rayfa has the same inability to recognize faces as Inga so she identifies them by their hair

Datz should've had his own theme. He deserves one

>actually enjoys being in the detention center
Must've felt like a hotel after Khura'in prisons.

Apollo SAYS he doesn't, but really he might just not want to show Athena his butt yet

People actually liked Apollo's Asinine Theater?

OH SHIT

I think it's a character trait she picked up from Inga. She herself has no problem recognizing faces but uses those descriptors since he couldn't

I liked seeing Nine-Tails Vale and Jinxie again. Also it's quite a bit longer than Phoenix's theater.

>Playing Apollo's Asinine Attorney
>Press the very first statement
>Get threatened with an instant game over
WEW

>Nahyuta = Oni-san
FTFY

Post yfw you get a placard made of fine Italian plastic

No, thats Apollo. Nahyuta is Onii-san

Were there any ultimate penalty in this game?
I couldn't tell since there was a time when I only had 2 life left and the penalty highlight them all.

Apollo is right, my country isn't particularly renowned for its plastic production. Atishon is full of shit.

Yeah pretty sure there was at least one or two in the last case.

Is it out in Europe? If so I need to get this shit ASAP

There's one in case 3
I think there's a couple in case 5 as well

Those were most likely ultimate penalties yes

It's either one or all of them

It is.

There was a triple penalty once that I can't remember, and there was definitely a full penalty during the Amara shenanigans.

That's the stupidest thing I ever heard.

I believe it.

I'm pretty sure she wouldn't be able to do divination séances if that was true

I want Datz to dance like this guy
youtube.com/watch?v=Sp9xfM6SSTI

I...I was just testing you, your honor! Let me try again!

What the fuck is her problem? Why can't she call him Big Brother?

>*Boom*

She's tsundere.

>Not Reus

youtube.com/watch?v=abdX3zjq6-s

NO TRICKS OR GIMMICKS
MY MAGIC IS THE REAL DEAL

Fucking GramaREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEs

Some of the answers you could give were so stupid I had to see them

>Trucy and him are dating!
>He's robot!
>She jumped up and hanged on the ceiling!

Holy kek, YES ROG! Fucking faved this shit.

Double slam is cool, did she do it in DD?

>What was Bunny's mistake?
>Her life choices

Damn, that's good, who made that?

Only once in 5-3 day 2 when she's crossexamining Hugh, I think.
>next game will have triple slam

[trick clearly visible]

>you are now imagining if the series goes on long enough Athena will play a song for the court room every time she objects.

>Bongo Turnabout

Next game in lieu of desk slamming will just use ZVAARI's Courtroom Revolutionnare/Space Jam mashup

>Klavier offering to escort Rayfa to the bathroom
Is he a pedo?

he is touching pearl butt?

Maybe the shit that Kristoph did hit him harder than we thought.

No, he's a smarmy fuck that wants Princess Points. He's like that with a lot of people, forcing himself onto their good side by any means necessary. Pretty sure that's why Ema hates him so much.

That guy is so unbelievably perfect he probably just genuinely wants to help her. They'd never give him anything as interesting as making him a pedo.

But she's literally useless her only good ability was channeling her sister and now even that is no longer necessary.. Oh and getting kidnaped.

I'd tap that too both of them

So is he gay for Athena?

You're acting like other sidekicks were extremely helpful, absolutely required and didn't all make a pass-time in being neck deep in trouble.

I'm confused. How can someone be "gay" for the other sex?
Anyway Blackquill totally wants a piece of that thena

>loves birds
>keeps comparing Athena to a spring chick or a hen for the whole 6-4
Indeed.

Yeah. But he's tsun-tsun because he knows she can be a GOAT attorney if she can get over her emotional hang ups

Is Pearl a midget? She's the same height as Ahlbi yet she's 18 years old

Let's see.. Ema had some useful staff to offer, like luminol and fingerprints powder, Perl was cute and not overly annoying, never got accused or got in trouble in any way, even being much younger than Maya, Simon in 6-4 was a total kickass, Who else? Mia reale helped and suggestive gratis ideas in the trilogy.
The only utterly useless sidekick was Maya.

He is Athena.

You've never seen both characters side by side portrait shots

>Ahlbi is 4'7" 144 cm
>Pearl is 4'8" 144 cm

She shouldn't have tossed that gravy on the scroll.

Jesus Christ Ahlbi what the fuck

Ema sister was being framed, Pearly's mother was framing Maya for Pearly, Simon spent like a decade in prison, and only got out because your team acquitted him. Mia you're trying to avenge, and you indirect get some crazy comatose guy on your ass for an entire game, who ends up killing her mother because he has a bone to pick with you. You forgot Gavin, and he's pretty self explanatory. Trucy is SURROUNDED by shitty situations. Kay needs help with clearing her family's name. Literally every sidekick in the series needs help.

youtube.com/watch?v=OZkiky_vAvQ
>that subtle acoustic guitar

But the difference is that most of those characters actually contribute something to the case.
Hell, Trucy even faked a kidnapping to delay a verdict. She's done literally nothing else and she's STILL more useful than Maya.

TFW u die to save ur son and he doesn't even care about you

I broke my 3DS CFW by trying to install the DLC.

Will you guys forgive me if I just watch the DLC on youtube?

What are you talking about? The problem was that Apollo didn't even KNOW Jove.
Did you see how angsty he got when Dhurke handed him the picture? And how he really didn't like the concept of seeing Jove's death but did it anyway for the sake of the trial?

Just buy it you dumb nigger

I can't even install AA5 again, I'd have to buy the game

then buy the game

Nope, you're wrong. Maya channels Tahrust, revealing the truth of what happened and is directly responsible for the case being called DC act tragedy. Then she channels Dhurke to give a dead man closure with his son, and ultimately helps saves his entire country fulfilling his 23 year old dream to protect the future of his children.

Everyone from turnabout Bigtop.

As victims

this is why nobody loves you IRL

Which was after the trilogy, which was when she was a partner, which is what you were arguing about.
What did she do in the trilogy besides channel Mia and get HER to help Phoenix?

Man Phoenix was kinda pathetic in the first game. It annoyed me how much he relied on Mia and used her as a crutch. I know he was a rookie but dammit stop badgering Maya to call Mia, you don't need her help

Godot had a point about Phoenix being helpless

Nice ad hominem.
Why are piratefags so fucking obnoxious?
>NUUUUUUU DON'T MAKE ME SPEND MONEY MOMMY I WANT FREE STUFF WAAAAAAAHHHHH

Her outburst against Lotta Hart in 1-4 saved Phoenix's ass

She also comes up with ways to help when she doesn't even realize it, giving Phoenix ideas

Literally responsible for exposing Von Karma
Also how about she gives you hints on pretty much every piece of testimony in the games, aka exactly what her role is supposed to be doing

I bought AA5, retard, I only pirated AA6 because it would have bricked by 3DS to update the game to use the eshop

Impossible to brick that way

wrong

oooh I mean now since I already have this 3ds specifically made for pirating videogames, might as well

Adrian, Oldbag (haters gonna hate), obviously Gumhoe an Simon.
pls someone channel Dahlia

Either way should have bought AA6. It is worth every penny.

>Her outburst against Lotta Hart in 1-4 saved Phoenix's ass
So she yelled at someone? That's comparable to forensic evidence? To actual advice? To psychoanalysis? To snapping Athena out of her self-pity?
>She also comes up with ways to help when she doesn't even realize it, giving Phoenix ideas
Examples?

>Literally responsible for exposing Von Karma
By sheer fluke
>Also how about she gives you hints on pretty much every piece of testimony in the games, aka exactly what her role is supposed to be doing
Maya did none of that, that was all Mia, all Maya ever said about testimony was YOU CAN DO IT PHOENIX, SPOT THAT CONTRADICTION!

Seriously, how does any of this minor shit make Maya the best partner at all? You people are really reaching.

So a useless piece of shit.

Got it.

you know you can buy a game and THEN pirate it, right

you're the kind of shitter that led to DGS not getting localized

That feels forsed. Even if that happened, very reraly anyway, that still was unintentional,and incidental. By no mean resembles to the constant actual help Nick received from others. And with Maya: her problems>>>>>>her tiny accidental help.

She was good for using Nicks money tho.

He was bland, boring and unlikable in AJ.
Well, he's redeemed himself in my eyes in AA6, but still, it took him 3 games to do that.

He went full edgelord in AA5 and that made me dislike him more.

DGS is AJ and JFA tier of pure shit though.

>gives you hints on pretty much every piece of testimony
Eh? Are we talking about the same game here? She did nothing like that. Her comment were intended to be "funny", still not useful in any way.

t.Mayacucks.

Will Trucy ever be an assistant again?

I really REALLY want at least one Phoenix Trucy case.

Mayafags 0
Normal people 1

>le ebin magic panties trick
I hope not.

Unf, can't wait to see them in-game.

>Dem hips
Ema stop

Ema sucks

Seriously, she sucks. She adds nothing to the game. She is perfunctory.

t. Butthurt Mayafag

>Ema is gonna be a cake soon
How can people resist the urge to fuck this?

I wish sebastian was AA7 prosecutor
Now that they're listening to suggestions it could happen, but it'd be kind of a slap in the face to western players considering it never got localized
I'm conflicted

I take that back, she's 27 right?

At this point if you haven't played AAI2 its your own fault
Theres a fan translation out there that's on par if not better than Capcom's translations and its a DS game so a potato could run it

Anyone who really cares about the series most likely played the translation or watched it. Besides, only Edgeworth knows him, so they'd introduce him like a new character though chances are he'd have a different name

>it's a DS game so a potato could run it
>tfw my laptop still slowed down considerably
>It was so bad that Wanting to Find the Truth became half its own tempo unless I sped the game up myself
And I was using a six month old laptop, too.

That would be Debeste

>Theres a fan translation out there that's on par if not better than Capcom's translations
>better than Capcom's translations

It's really good, probably the best fan translation ever, but case 4 has an odd drop in quality that makes me cringe.

>tfw Jap-com remasters the two games a la Ace Attorney 123 HD/Ace Attorney Trilogy
>Capcom International decides to localize the game by contacting the AAI2 fan translation team and getting them to retranslate AAI1, using their version of AAI2's translated script, and using their redrawn graphics as a base for localization

Some day.

Probably when hell freezes over, but at least I can dream.

The hell are you talking about?
The worst thing about Case 4 was the My Little Pony and Gurren Lagann references, and Capcom would've probably included those anyway.

>Capcom would've probably included those anyway.
I don't think so.

They included a 300 reference in T&T and a Sharknado one in DD, they're not above putting the stupidest flavor-of-the-month memes in their official translations.

Reminder that T&T had a Kelis reference with Mia mentioning who's milkshake brings the boys to the yard

t.Mayashitter.

This

God, the Time Traveler DLC sucked so hard. I'd rather have Athena instead of Maya supporting

Speaking of which, I don't think I spotted any memes in AA6's translation. Am I just blind or was Capcom taking this game seriously?

Athena mentions microagressions.

They also referenced the dance move The Harlem Shake, which ended up becoming the name of a shitty electronic dance song used in shitty flash dance videos later. The first time they predated a meme.

But that was being used correctly, that wasn't a meme.

So, guys...

Why did Dhurke send only Apollo away and not Nahyuta to America when he went on the run with Amara? What was Nahyuta doing at 10 years old while Dhurke was making Rayfa with Amara?

I draw the line at mlp references.
Fucking autists pushing their preschooler shit everywhere.

Be afraid Ema...

>What was Nahyuta doing
Letting it go and moving on.

He wanted to stay and become a prosecutor to help save the country from the inside, remember?
Besides that, Apollo was adopted, Nahyuta was their real son.

my guess would be since Apollo wasn't his birth son, he didn't want to gamble his fate by keeping him on the run in a tyrannical shithole

Harlem Shake existed before suburban white kids co-oped it. It was a rap dance move

Buddy, I specifically said that in my post. Can you not read or something?

Nah it's short and shit. DD's DLC was way better

>Datz is an idiot
>He gets upset and tells you to not get on the bandwagon

How it could have been better

- More classic returns, like Franzy
- Have the wedding be Gumshoe and Maggey
- Maggey defendant, because why not
- 2 days/trial days

Oh, so it's one day like 6-2? I don't mind, but 2 days would've been better.

>DD's DLC was way better

People praise it like there's no tomorrow, but I only really like the second trial of the case. The rest of it is honestly pretty meh.

It's not one day. It's 3 investigations and 3 trial days

>literally Case 3 ripped out and sold to you as extra
>better than an original case

No, fuck no, FUCK no, and whatever, in that order.

>3-day case
Seriously? There hadn't been one in 11 years and all three of them would've been improved if they were 2-day cases.

Accurate?

So DD's original order was:

Bomb case
Demon case
Orca case
Academy case
Space centre/Phantom case in one?

Yes.

Yeah, he didn't have his badge yet in the Monstrous Turnabout, but he has it in Turnabout Academy.

What was the reference again? I don't remember it

It's not even that direct. The fountain on the rooftop terrace of the Grand Tower has a horse statue on it, if you examine Edgeworth says it's "sparkling in the twilight", then he argues with Ray and Kay about whether it's a unicorn or a pegasus.

We don't we talk about the true villain of this game?
Phoenix stalled for so long in the first case that His Magistry missed his guitar or whatever lesson with his wife.

The Judge and his wife were supposed to be at a spiritual class that was run by Peeslub'n. Then Peeslub'n got outed as the real murderer. Fuck him and fuck his spiritual class. Phoenix was right in liberating the Judge from it, and rebelling against the Judge's shitty wife.

Speaking of the first case
>mfw the judge told Rayfa to stop bitching and get out of his courtoom

Didn't feel that big of a change to be completely honest. Only in Case 6-5 and that's because He was being blackmailed into facing Apollo for the Orb

>Didn't feel that big of a change to be completely honest.
He gave the middle finger to everyone when the DC act was mentioned and indicted important priests figures left and right, and spitting on Khurain'ism, and helped Apollo take down the queen
He was pretty fucking alpha

Speaking of

the first part of episode 5
The game seems to make a big deal out of apollo defeating phoenix, despite phoenix having a shitty case and having to lie through his teeth to find contradictions
Like phoenix's many win record isn't purely because he can detect if the client is innocent and he can bluff his way to the truth

Is the argument over mythical equines in the Japanese version as well? That would be the difference between a relatively harmless reference and pushing ponyshit into a scene just because a horse exists in it

I was a bit disappointed when it didn't turn out to be some kind of plan by Phoenix to lure out the real killer. Nope, just reused plot elements.

yeah I did hope he had some greater motive that wasn't a gun to his head

but it's like whatever, not really the main focus of the episode and the game keeps goin on

Phoenix sees himself as very lucky. Due to the bullshit Japanifornian legal system, he's seen as a lawyering god by everyone else. Haven't you realized yet that the reason Phoenix can seem so competent when you're not playing as him and terrible when you are is because you can read his mind when you're playing as him?

Also, it was mostly an "apprentice beating the master" kind of thing.

>Zak ditches her on Phoenix's doorstep
>also damn nearly destroys Phoenix's life too
>still idolizes the Zak & the rest of his fucked up family
All the Gramaryes are shit, even Trucy can't fully escape this.

I just think it's silly that there is a motif of "master vs apprentice" at all

in the end the side that holds the truth will win, as long as both the defense and prosecution are competent, ace attorney 1 made a big deal out of this and I'm surprised they went back on it

The two themes don't have to be mutually exclusive
The one who can draw the truth out is the winner
The one who fails to do so is the loser
AA2 taught us this

Psyche Locks don't seem to trigger in court though (more for game design reasons than anything else obviously, but still)

Companion's job isn't to be useful I feel, but to provide fun banter and someone for the MC to riff ideas off of when trying to figure stuff out.

The closest Maya has come to either of those things is constantly talking about food and fangirling over Steel Samurai. That's funny for about three lines of dialogue.

but each side is pulling at different angles, if both prosecution and defense stick to their job of proving the defendant guilty/innocent, then the winner is decided truly by the truth,which is random

there's no real competition here, both sides rely on each other for bouncing ideas and so the whole scene falls apart

It's mostly about the people that phoenix defends always being close to him, so he knows they aren't actually guilty

also pretty sure his magatama can be used to determine if a defendant is lying, although that's probably not used because he got deceived through it

Sure I guess but I honestly thought Apollo was more alpha.

>Accuse previous queen
>Indict current queen
>Tell the queen to fuck herself when she tells him to retract his accusation while her guards hold him at gunpoint
I mean sure he accused the priest and that was cool just thought Apollo was way more alpha this game.

No idea, but I'd assume so. The statue has both wings and a horn so it's neither a straight-up pegasus nor a unicorn and Edgeworth ultimately notices that its name tag reads 'Contradiction'.

Marvin Grossberg Gaiden, obviously.
In all seriousness I would be down for a young Gregory or young Mia game

>apollo grinning from ear to ear while having about 5 guns pointed at him
truly the ace attorney

They even call it a pony.
The rest is more or less the same in the other translation.

>You don't need some kind of chuuni past in order to have a game's story revolve around you
The devs seem to disagree with you on this, given how the past few games including AA6 have been

Just like his chords, Apollo's balls are made of steel.

I found it particularly annoying in AA6, when Nick was desperate to find a way to not have their heads rolling on the floor the next day and she just wouldn't shut up about Plumed Punisher and shit.

Look man, if a rookie can pull the truth out while faced against a veteran lawyer, then that's an accomplishment. I don't know what to tell you.
Or do you really think that you can win a legal case against, say, Disney, no matter what the truth is?

Forgot to mention
Shouted so loudly that he literally threw the queen's guards to the ground like a bunch of bitches
That is alpha if I've ever seen it

That's just anime protagonist shit thrown into the game, though. It's been used constantly in the Ace Attorney anime.

Moments you thought were going to lead to ridiculous twists, but didn't.

>And the person who started the fire?
>He was apprehended immediately.
>They say he was standing outside laughing while the building burned.

>I remember a flame lighting up the room, and Papa grinning with delight.

I'm gonna give you the fact that phoenix wasn't actually proactive in that specific case, because he was trying to hide the truth due to being blackmailed and therefore was actually prosecuting like pre AA1 edgeworth/ von korma

but if he was acting like a proper prosecutor, then yeah, apollo would have a lot more room to bounce off and it wouldn't be impressive in the slightest since there would no longer be a competition in place

I guess I'm just trying to make a distinction between "Apollo beat Wright in a court case holy shit" and "Apollo beat Wright while Wright was actually trying his hardest to skew the truth holy shit"

Why are you bringing up anime shit about an American game, with American characters, made in America?

Absolute madman.

boy I sure am glad that led nowhere because it would be heartbreaking

Can anyone tell me what the ideal placement of the DLC cases is, yes I know, non canon but in the cast of Layton vs Wright the DLC was clearly meant to take place after the main game.

thanks for this screencap, probably my favourite line in the game

The game was chock-full of red herrings.
And I caught all of them

2 of the cases are basically comedy skits that don't fit anywhere

the actual case takes place after the main game

This whole case just made me like Apollo even more. He was absolutely based.

The twist is that that was a fakeout. Of course it was meant to sound like a horrible foreshadowing.

Better question: who really was the fucking asshole that burned down Armie's house and when can we fucking beat the shit out of them?

Wait...wasn't it the queen? Or was it some random arsonist and the queen just happened to take the opportunity to snuff out Jove? Better yet, if she did set it on fire why the fuck did she walk into the building?

>Apollo, you should talk to him. The road to recovery starts with someone who knows the same pain.
>You... know the pain of a lost parent, too.

>mfw this scene in retrospect

>OWEN 4th
>argument becomes Owen is a 4th personality
>"Im Owen...Im 5"
OH SHIT, HE'S PERSONALITY 5

I was mad cause they all took what he said without question, I thought it was gonna be another one of those times where everyone completely misinterprets the evidence. Turns out I was completely wrong.

...Those were two different fires, famalam. Completely different situations.

>Apollo finally realizes how much he meant to Dhurke
>Looks forward to finally getting some father-son time after the case is solved
>That headslam when he realizes his dad had been dead the whole time since he came to visit him
Fucking hell the song only made the moment more heart-wrenching.

Different fire.

I can't believe I'm just now realizing the irony that both Apollo and Armie lost a parent to a fire.

nah nigga the culprit was arrested, different fire different place different time

why he was standing infront of the house laughing is a mystery, maybe he was crazy but I'm surprised such a plot point is left untouched

Shit I misread the name Armie to Amara. My bad. Then yeah, I also wonder the same.

I misread that shit.

PLvsPW sucked anyway, they completely did a 180 on everyone, Takumi can't write consistently for shit

I also can't fathom how they all took for granted that him being a 5 years old child was actually true. What if he was just pretending? His body was still one of an adult after all.

>OH SHIT, HE'S PERSONALITY 5
Thought that too.
And later it becomes a joke option.

phoenix/trucy's brief team up in at the beginning of case 5 in AA5 is one of my favorite parts of the game

I loved the civil case but I don't understand why they adhered so strictly to the formula and had only Apollo pressing the witnesses. It would have been great to see Phoenix interrupting with HOLD IT and seeing his usual tricks from the other side.

I was sure they'd be connected somehow, since they're even in the same "case" the way the game divides them. But no Sarge's life just sucks. Did they say that fire was arson? If so the guy might not have been caught.

I get that the point was that Apollo and Phoenix are kind of on equal footing now, but I do feel like they undersold Phoenix in general. He only really turned things about from a bad situation like once and it wasn't even that crazy. I guess you can say that his heart wasn't in it, but meh.

So Nahyuta is an asshole regardless of the blackmail, right?

Trying to stop Uendo from testifying had nothing to do with finding the truth, he was just trying to get a conviction quicker.

Phoenix can only overturn things when the evidence allows him to do so

you could see at the end of the first case in episode 5 he was crumbling because he really had nothing to grasp for, trying to be a lawyer for a case he knows isn't true

Well the whole thing is a bit of send-up to the 2-4 situation right? And in that case Phoenix actively had to make morally dubious situations and likely could have pinned Adrian for the crime if he really had to. The conflict was that he had to choose between doing literally anything for Maya or staying consistent with his moral principles. The ultimate answer to the question seems to be that he'd choose Maya based on her being saved in either ending of AA2 and that he literally risked his life to save her in 6-3. I feel like the case would have been more interesting with some actual wiggle room in order to make it feel like you're actually going against Phoenix who would do anything to save Maya.

One of the main lessons in real lawyering is that things aren't usually black or white enough to say that a case isn't "true," particularly in a civil case and that the real best way to find the truth is to zealously advocate for your client. Phoenix has kind of gotten around this idea by both of his "bad" clients being completely unredeemable sociopaths who had to blackmail him to get him to cooperate.

What would be really interesting to explore though is if he'd still do anything to save Maya if she were actually guilty.

>present attorney badge to amnesiac Datz, knowing it always leads to funny answers
> "My head ... It ... It ..."
> Start thinking he is the last lawyer in the country or something equally retarded and that I just uncovered a huge plot point through shitpresenting
> " It ... It ITCHES !"
> He starts laughing
Anyway, that's when I knew I would love that absolute polkhunan.

Nick didn't have the cards he had in 2-4. The one scapegoat he had wasn't good enough of one. He was grasping at straws from the beginning of the trial, but he just lacked ammunition. Also, the evidence was constantly getting stacked in Polly's favor.

On top of that, Polly also had help from Athena, who actually able to be of help in that trial.

Basically, Polly had everything he needed to win from the start, while Nick had almost nothing but a corpse and a penchant for bluffing.

Nahyuta is a shit-tier character and prosecutor.

Maybe they should have brought back Phoenix the Forgin' Attorney to show how desperate he was

And get him disbarred again? Are you stupid?

>Phoenix gets disbarred again
>Apollo left the US
>Athena has to carry the whole office

God help us

Why are you getting so upset?

The point of kidnapping Maya is that Phoenix has to bend his morals, if he's willing to defend a case he doesn't believe in wouldn't that be the next logical step? Particularly because this is a Phoenix who has done it to get his way before. The case doesn't have to even result in his disbarment, it could be treated as more of an obstacle Apollo overcomes anyway and then Phoenix has to deal with the moral consequences of what he did after the trial.

The overall point though is that I just didn't find Phoenix very convincing in his desperation this time around, so I wish they would have went further than they did.

It wasn't even the final trial. There was still the actual climax that was about to come. There's no meaning in wasting time on a minor subplot that wouldn't even go anywhere.

Well, even when Maya got kidnapped in 2-4 he didn't resort to forging evidence, didn't he?

I think the main problem was that phoenix had no end plan and that everything worked out in the end and maya actually wasn't in danger at all

He didn't need to forge evidence to frame Adrian for the murder, he could have framed her anyway

How is it a minor subplot? How do you know it wouldn't go anywhere, it didn't even happen? It could lead places, but that's better left to fanfiction.

Right, this is a different Phoenix from the 2-4 one is my point. This is a post-forging Phoenix that potentially is capable of doing worse things like forging to get his way.

Honestly, all Dhurke had to do was confess the truth to Phoenix and make him swear that he wouldn't say anything to Apollo, and the whole thing could have been avoided.

Then Inga had a leverage on Dhurke itself so...

Because there was much bigger fish to fry than Nick and Maya. Did you forget the whole Khura'in subplot?

but then phoenix would be sitting on the answer to like 70% of the next case for such a long time, can't have that

>people paid for the Apollo justice asinine DLC

Holy shit

Is it that bad? Is the Phoenix one worth the money?

I watched the short DLCs on YouTube because I know there wasn't much to them and I didn't want the themes.

They're both terrible and overpriced but at least the Phoenix one has a funny ending. Apollo's one is absolutely atrocious. Watch them on youtube or something. You do get some themes for buyting them though

Thank you, I suppose I'll get one if I really like the theme that comes with it then. How about the DLC case? Is it any good?

It isn't about Nick and Maya, it's about Nick himself and his own morals. And why would the 2nd half being about the Khuarain plot invalidate that? It's already partially about Phoenix's relationship to Apollo as a mentor and this could have easily factored into that.

I don't know why this topic is making you so condescending and irate anyway, please remove the stick from your ass.

Having more subplots doesn't equate to a better story. Your ideas are stupid.

Nick's case is great and full of good supporting characters. Apollo's case is pretty mediocre and not really funny. If I paid money for it I would have felt ripped off.

They're both too pricey imo, but one could argue that Nick's was worth the money.

I think you're the stupid one if you can't handle anything that opposes what you want without chimping out and insulting people

Get thicker skin, faggot.

>Tfw Hippie Jesus starts getting irritated and pulls out the fucking speakers talking rock trash

They really had fun making this guy didn't they, a lot more entertaining than Ted Tonate

I'm doing fine, you're the one freaking out since the first time you responded.

>On Cred Forums
>Can't handle a bit of shitposting

are you surprised? Cred Forums is basically Reddit 2.0 now

It's a sad state of affairs.

That was the moment when I realized that this game was going to have plenty of hilarious moments. Glad I wasn't wrong.

>mfw Ga'ran's final form

Completely lost my shit when Paul Atishon won the election and started going BANZAI! BANZAI! BANZAI!

Do you have to finish the game to play the DLC cases? I've downloaded the EUR cia and finished it but I've only found DLCs for USA version only.

>Downloaded the cia
Get out.

I'm sorry, Mr. Wright. That was your final penalty.

I'm afraid you'll have to see this thread drop down to page 10 and disappear from the board.

You have to finish the first case to be able to select them. They appear in the episode select.

If you're worried about spoilers then you should finish he main game first.

I save-scum so that I always finish with 5 badges :>

Surprised my thread lasted this long. I made it before I went to uni this morning and it's still up. New thread when?

I was almost certain that Paul saying the Founder's Orb was the "Crystal of Ami Fey" was foreshadowing that Maya was going to channel the Holy Mother.

The breakdowns just get more ridiculous as the series goes on. Remember how much impact Von Karma slamming his head against a wall had? Now the first guy pulls out two giant amps from hammerspace and becomes a death metal vocalist and no one bats an eye. I love it.

I thought it was foreshadowing to the Orb and Crystal being the same and so meaning that Ami Fey was actually the Holy Mother.

I was honestly expecting her to just take off her hat and let her hair down or something

youtube.com/watch?v=UXD2t8WLMWw

>this starts playing

I found it a bit odd how they kept that. Maybe the localization team decided to throw the towel after case 4.