Redbull me on this guy
Is he 'our main'?

He wrote and directed MGSV so no.

yes, he's a great developer/director/visionary, and also gives no fucks

he didn't make a good game since 2004

no

btw gtfo kojidrone

Overblown, self-important guy who hasn't made a good game in a very long time

That said, Konami is infinitely worse and at least Kojima comes up with potentially interesting shit

He's the Japanese equivalent of Molyneux, but instead of him having to lie to his fans, his fans come up with lies of their own and then attribute them to him.

Really makes you think.

Just laughed out loud.
Is Kojima getting senile?

g2b Boo

It's actually a reference to short story called "Nawa" by a damn good Japanese writer named Kobo Abe. The story hasn't been translated to English through.

He makes my knees go weak.

older men am i rite

What's that tissue box for?

Does he actually do any programming, or he just an ideas guy?

he's pretty famous for doing a ton of the early work himself

He looks great for his age, but he is kinda uggo honestly.

is he single???

What happened to Kojima?

he's alright

look at that smug expression.

he knows what he's done.

kojima is kill

he had him killed like he did with Tomokazu Fukushima

I don't get it,
what did he mean by this?

like seriously, what?

to clean his tiny dick after fapping to Quiet

no

you can't cut things with a stick

he's waxing poetic about how ropes tie things together and sticks push them apart.

the cord is a rope in this metaphor.

Your opinion is shit.

Maybe he can make a noose with all that rope and kill himself

What about Joosten?

>what did he mean by this?
See The story is apparently about two fundamental forces shaping up human kind since the beggining: aggression (pushing things away with a stick) and cooperation (binding things together with a rope).

He's the George Lucas of videogames, not to mention how he got fired for the sheer travesty of a moneypit he created.

mgs4 was my most anticipated game of all time and I hated it. I'll always have some autistic rage for him.

He is, but only when he's distanced from his project and doesn't spout pseudo-intellectual bullshit all the time.

For proof look at Peace Walker and V.

i want kojima to deflower me

portable ops>peacewalker

>mgs4 was my most anticipated game of all time

That's on you

He wrote and directed MGS so yes
One slight fuck up doesn't condemn a person

He wrants to stick big dick in Juiceten.

He also made mgs4

>tfw Kojima can tweet about being friends with a model but I can't

Kojima is a hack but Hideo is a total bro.

What do you think this tells us about the story for Death Stranding?

2 slight fuck ups don't condem a man

>she got too much longer leg lol

Kek

I don't know and I don't care that much either. I never liked Kojima and his games.

I'd guess there will be some form of persistent or drop-in-drop-out multiplayer component and that people will be consistently pushed to chose between cooperating and attacking each other, which to me would also indicate some levels of surival mechanics tossed in. In fact, if I was a cynic, I'd expect it all to be a pretentious leadup to a fairly conventional multiplayer coop survival game in the vein of DayZ with some really pretentious coating.

But I might be entirely talking out of my ass: first of all I'm pretty clearly biased towards Kojima, and second of all - despite what I think of the guy, I have to give him the credit for knowing how to surprise and subvert players expectations. Especially when it comes to people expecting his games to be good. Yeah, I'm a cunt.

He is the greatest creator of video games ever.

how so

Ah... ah! Ko-Kojima-san.. h-harder!!

>MGS4
>MGS PW
>MGSV

Ever since the day he created MGS3, he... was already dead.

I WANTED FUCKING GRAY FOX AND LOLI SNIPER WOLF IN MGSV FUCK YOU FUCKING HACK

Wait was Gray Fox even old enough to be mentioned reasonably?

Yes, definitely, In fact he was explicitly mentioned in earlier games to be fighting in Africa during this time period.

he was something like 20 years old in the PSP game so he would have been like 30 something by MGSV's time

Fox is old as fuck, way older that Solid Snake

Hmm. Very interesting.

You think there could've been a relationship between Sniper Wolf and Quiet?

He is a post-modern genius and has the exact same major influences as me; memetics, Kobo Abe, ironic humour.
However, I've never played any of his games for more than an hour. I'd rather he just become a gallery artist.

He's cool though and will be looked at 30 years from now the way Max Ernst or Hemmingway are today.

If you're well read you should get a lot out of him, anyway. If you're not you should still find his games made to appeal to 14 year old boys enjoyable.

He's a hack, there's very little too it.

Quiet fucked DD and made Sniper Wolf

Nah, I don't think so. It's very likely Sniper Wolf is already born by 1984, but then again, who knows.

if i remember correctly his name his name is FHQ, [fucking hype queen]

Please do not say such things

No
good
games
in
years

Am I wrong for being disappointed with V? Sometimes I feel like the people who say Kojima didn't owe us anything are right, but then I remember V means fuck all in terms of plot importance, and Peace Walker really deserves the 5 moniker more than it.

Quiet's nanomach-I mean parasites responded to DD's semen while knotting and allowed Quiet to produce Sniper Wolf in her parasite-modified womb.

How is this not highly plausible?

V brought the franchise's plot full circle

>>MGS PW

This meme has to end

>played MGS2 as a kid, so long ago barely remember shit
>Ground Zeroes is about to release
>me and friend choose to play previous games in anticipation
>this scene comes up
>me and friend literally have our minds blown

was MGS2 Kojimas peak? and why did we wait 10 years before people started to like it

>pt
WHAT
DOES
IT
MEAN

Because then Sniper Wolf would be a hideous human-wolf (lycanthrope?) hybrid and not waifu material.

By doing what?

Introducing a body double that didn't need to exist while simultaneously not explaining things like how Big Boss went back to FOXHOUND?

You defeat Venom Snake in MG1 and not Big Boss.

DD is a wolf(you call it a dog, but it's a wolf!)

Quiet is a sniper

Sniper Wolf. It makes perfect sense.

Parasites, user.

How exactly is that bringing the plot full circle?

>DD's a wolf
Ok Huey

Well we get to meet one of the products of Les Enfants Terribles. I thought that was pretty significant.

>Redbull
Underrated

I literally would have forgiven everything MGSV did, if it had

>Venom sitting in his office on base after a little time-skip
>smoking his e-cig as he woahoas
>door in office busts open
>young chiseled Solid Snake walks in
>stare down
>credits roll

ONE JOB KOJIMBLES

Same, something to tie off the loose end. MGSV's story is just NOT needed, it does nothing to the plot or timeline of MGS as a whole.

even if Kojima finished the damn game, there's no indication it would have been anywhere as fulfilling as the trailers implied.

Except we learn fuck all about Liquid and his plot ends on a cliffhanger. He was honestly one of the most disappointing parts of the game and the trailers hyped up Les Enfants Terribles way more than it ended up being relevant.

dada?

That would have been neat, but you can't have everything can you?

I know my wish was oddly specific, but there are multiple ways MGSV could have gone full circle.

I'm not even a fanboy, heck, I have most playtime on MGSV in the entire series since gameplay wise I loved it.

it did a lot of stuff right, going full circle was NOT one of them.

I feel like that's as far as they can go without outright remaking MG & MG2

wait, wait

if mg boss is venom, what about all that "we rezzed big boss through solidus and his burned corpse on mgs4?"
was big boss still dead? and how did they rez him?

Didn't you beat him tho in MG2?

That the game will be both about fighting against others, and that it will have co-op.

You beat the real Big Boss in Metal Gear 2?

nvm, nvm

Great all around

Except at making videogames.

3 slight fuck ups don't condemn a man.

That was all Fukushima though.

Fukushima was a minor scenario writer. He had the exact same job as Murata has now.

Major story moments like that are written by Kojima.

>kojima invented circle jerks

Big Boss went back to Zero at the end of V basically meant he went back to Foxhound.

I think he's a cute little old man.

Big Boss never went back to Zero, he just understood he never hated him. Zero wasn't in charge of FOXHOUND 11 year later anyways, he was brain dead.

>hurr durr why wasn't MGSV a useless exercise in pandering fanservice like MGS4?

Oh fuck off you triple nigger. You understand Kojima was making fun of you with Cyborg Raiden and Big Boss coming back to life, right?

I bet you only started playing MGS around the time MGS4 came out or even later.

his assistant would probably try and kill you if you tried anything. She's probably going crazy since kojima won't slam his long silver bullet into her well greased chamber

No, he wasn't. He even made fun of Raiden in MGS3 because the fans hated him you underage piece of shit. I didn't want muh fanservice and the story didn't need to change.

It's just we know that in canon Big Boss meets these people during this time. It's not fanservice, it's literally what happens. Now fuck off you dumb fucking piece of shit.

This meme isnt and never was funny,stop forcing it

MGS4 paved the way to my cyborg fetish. Also known as "How I learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Robutts".

>MGS V
>slight
that's enough to condemn a person 10 lifetimes tbqh

Big Boss already Foxhound commander in 1970, why can't he just go back?

>MUH CANON! MUH TIMELINE!

Again, another fucking faggot who didn't understand MGS2, a game that literally ended with snake telling you IT'S FICTION, CANON DOESN'T MATTER YOU FUCKING NERD GET A LIFE

Even Big Boss' return in MGS4 was him desperately trying to get you to LET IT GO because it's fucking over. The answers don't matter, move on. But you fucking fags don't get it, because you think Metal Gear is a documentary of a fictional timeline.

So what you're saying is I'm 100% right and you have to argue 'muh MGS2 themes, none of it even matters' like the fucking faggot you are.

By the way, that wasn't even the message of MGS2, it was be your own man and forge your own legacy. I didn't want to be Big Boss or be fucked in the ass by him, I wanted to see shit that actually happened instead of playing the most useless story Kojima ever shit out of his ass, where he had to create new characters when all the ones in this timeframe already existed.

Just fucking off yourself.

>Tried multiple times to force David Hayter out of the role of Snake leading back all the way to MGS3 (Hayter's a total bitch about it, but still)
>Wasted millions of dollars of Konami's money they'd never get back forcing them to almost drop out of the console business during the development of MGSV (Konami's a piece of shit too, but if you have over $750,000 worth of music by Yoko Shimomura you don't get to throw it all away because it "Doesn't fit into your artistic vision" anymore
>Sold MGSV to people without telling them that many of the cutscenes and ideas shown off in the trailers would either be changed dramatically, have no effect on the overarching story about the Wolbachia parasite whatsoever, or just not in the game at all
>Acts like he's hot shit and that he'd "Never include zombies in Metal Gear, a Tactical Espionage Game XD", when he had zombies in MGS3 (The Sorrow's Path), MGS4 (Pieuvre Armement) AND MGSV (Side Ops, main missions, WOLBACHIA PARASITES)
>After years and years of developing MGSV he still wasn't finished with it, which would be fine if MGSV was packed with varied and new content. It wasn't

So yeah, fuck Kojima.

>it was be your own man and forge your own legacy

It was meant as a message to the player you dumb fuck, Raiden having to find meaning in a situation that he doesn't even know if it's real is explicitly a metaphor for a player finding meaning in video games even though they're fictional stories

You think he was just exploring meme theory for shits and giggles? He was studying games as a means of preserving culture and passing on themes, but of course sperglord supremes like you missed the point and think it's about MUH TIMELINE MUH EXPLANATIONS IT'S A LITERAL, IMMUTABLE TIMELINE BECAUSE IT ALL *ACTUALLY HAPPENED*

mgsv isn't remotely as dire as people make it out to be

the only way it could be is if you somehow expected it to be the grand finale to video games like a tool

>like a tool
yeah god forbid people have expectations for a game that's been hyped up so much as a grand finale
what a bunch of tools

I agree that the hate is too much but it's understandable. Denying that is being the actual tool here

That's MGS2 you dumb fucking little asshole. MGS3 explored explicit time periods and events. You'd expect another game about Big Boss, whose games tend to be rather literal, to be about 'literal' events in the timeline rather than a dumbfuck 'ur big boss m8' message that's contrived and poorly integrated.

This is why people hate MGS2 faggots.

>whaaaaaa the game wasn't a hamfisted revenge of the sith tier revenge story
>why did I get lied to by the trailers even though Kojima has done this abloo bloo bloo

fuck off

I never said that, but nice showing you're illiterate.

>You'd expect another game about Big Boss, whose games tend to be rather literal, to be about 'literal' events in the timeline rather than a dumbfuck 'ur big boss m8' message that's contrived and poorly integrated.

If that isn't "the game wasn't what I expected/wanted it to be so it sucks" I don't know what it is.

>hamfisted revenge
the story was all fucking there
a generic revenge story with no hamfisted twists where we actually get to view that part in the timeline with no major alterations as a final love letter to the fans not a cockslap of "just b urself" regurgitated from MGS2 15 years later

No, it sucks because the story is disjointed and ultimately not written well, I'm pointing out that if Kojima just stuck to events we know happened, it would be easier to write them and would ultimately not matter in the grand scheme of things, because V suffers from the problem of being earlier in the timeline, so you have to get rid of all these new characters. If he just used earlier introduced characters that wouldn't be a problem.

But keep shitposting like the utter retard you are.

Well which one do you mean? there's two guys: Hideo and Kojima

>MGSV is just the MGS2 of our time xDDD
Fast and easy way to spot a casual retard.

>the first tool that human being invented was STICK
>not ROCK
UNGA BUNGA ROCKJIMA

The ironic thing is that the exact same shit happened to V when it came out, everyone gave it 10 out of 10 despite the fact that it wasn't even a finished title. All because it had "Metal Gear Solid" in the title.

The only dude who dared to speak up was some Russian and we all disregarded him.

>kojima invented rocks
Wooow Kojigod-sama is a fucking genius

You want be to Bread bowl you on this guy?

but how does he feel about sticks tied with ropes?

>MGSV is 50 hours long before stuff starts repeating, easily 200+hour game if you're a completionist
>One mission and a few side features were cut
>OMG UNFINISHED GAME FACK U KOJIMA

>MGS4 is 15 hours long, 9 of them cutscenes, 6 hours of gameplay, and only about 3 are the core stealth gameplay
>Well, at least it's a complete game :^)

I hate you faggots

Hayter was never more than a dub actor to him. He was never obliged to care about him any more than whoever voiced Snake in the German dub.

Konami made all that money back and more within the first 24 hours of the game's launch. Konami is also a monolithic company that runs health spas and sells bottled water, their attitude to video games has been apparent since they Old Yeller'd Silent Hill and Castlevania. Kojima didn't put their video games division in any kind of jeopardy, their minds were already made up.

Why would he give away the precise context for the cutscenes? There's no reason any creator should have to explain the relation of scenes in a trailer to their actual appearance in game.

Sorrow's river were ghosts. PA in MGS4 were still alive and suffering from what basically amounted to super-PTSD, nothing remotely comparable to zombieism. Skulls and puppet soldiers were also alive and not zombies. Meanwhile, Survive features literal reanimated corpses.

It's okay to be disappointed with MGSV but we literally don't know the circumstances of its development outside of the fact that it clearly suffered a troubled dev cycle. Claiming it was entirely his fault and that no other factors may have been involved is blind, impotent spite peddled by people with a baseless personal bias against the man himself.

It's that long because it's padded with dumbshit like eliminate the tank unit #4535345 ya doofus.

>One mission and a few side features
The only finished thing is Chapter 1. Chapter 2 is a mess that suddenly concludes on a tutorial with one extra cutscene at the end. Side Ops are generic as fuck. Outer Ops are straight up unfinished. Mother base feels like an alpha of a larger thing. There's countless cut shit from Queefer and other characters, etc, etc. Ad nauseum.

Stop fucking sperging and accept the truth. Oh, and also:

>MGSV is 50 hours long before stuff starts repeating
Make that 15 hours.

ow the edge

chill bruh

I won't deny it didn't meet the hype it sold to us, but I think it's similarly undeniable that some people's expectations were wildly unrealistic and the ongoing disproportionate spite is a direct result of that

Double rainbow

whats this "redbull" meme going around and why does it make no sense

lurk more

I swear every famous Japanese persons first name begins with H

(You) worthless fuk

>what if MGS:V was MGS:Cred Forums

>spoonfeed me i am a baby incapable of self sufficiency
hang around and observe for more than a week before you start posting you child

imagine if fukushima comes back to konami and makes better metal gear games than kojima ever made

>minor scenario writer whose primary credential is slightly adapting MGS1's plot to fit a GBC game
you people have really built him up to be more than he actually was

>implying Fukushima wasn't Kojima's shadow writer

the true HIDEO

king of /v

In a vidya dev fighting game, yes, I'd main Kojimbles all day long.

Nigga on the right looks like a wax figure of Kojima

Is Kojima secretly Woody?

>Is he 'our main'?

He's a bit of a technical, trick character, so you have to be able to wrap your head around that to get his play style down.

I personally main Miyamoto, myself.

>I'll keep cucking
What did he mean by this?

His "talent" greatly depends on the people he's working with

>maining Miyamoto
Literally why tho? They dumbed his moveset down so much, he's so easy use. Honestly they should have cut him from the roster instead of Iwata. Iwata would have better represented Nintendo.

I made this, have fun

>a missionary robbed of his future

But he gained his future back ten-fold

>Peace Walker
>50% cutscenes

Bullshit.