amazon.com/Mens-Sonic-Mania-Studiopolis-T-shirt/dp/B01KUG9XDS
youtube.com/watch?v=N16_VT4v9z8
youtube.com/watch?v=Yp4pg1bOEdM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Looks like the official twitter hijacked the youtube account as well

>not available in your country of residence

Holy shit they're recalling pulling hard at my nostalgia boner

Just get it shipped from US

I feel like I should be mad at the dank memes but watching someone try to use Sonic to clean their couch is actually kind of funny.

>we have waited forever for this
>Literally over 15 years of terrible 3D games, to the point where we have started to accept generations and colors simply because they're "not as bad" even though they're just boost2win shit with zero platforming.
>all we have wanted is a sprite-based 2D genesis style game
we finally got it, and taxman is behind it
There is a God

This.
There's actually a generations "sequel" coming out later next year and I couldn't give a fuck about it. This is all we need.

Y'all Niggas get a Studiopolis shirt yet?

Remember, once it's gone, it's gone.

youtube.com/watch?v=NGR5fTO2oio

amazon.com/Mens-Sonic-Mania-Studiopolis-T-shirt/dp/B01KUG9XDS

True that.
It's just a formula that doesn't translate well to 3D.
Looks like they took a page from mega man 9 and 10. Going back to the roots is sometimes the best option.

OH SHIT!
WANT

Yeah, except they actually improved on the classics, instead of just making what's essentially a shitty romhack of the most overrated game in the franchise.

Time will tell if the game is actually an overall "improvement".

I expect it to be in the sense of how some of the controls handle, but nobody is expecting the game to be better than S2 or S3&K

It already leaked.
>3 remixed classic levels
>3 new levels
>boat loads of DLC levels later on

I'm talking primarily in terms of graphics and technical capabilities.
They even said it's basically what a Saturn sonic could have been like, since it goes beyond SMD and arguably even 32X and CD capabilities. At least with all the shit in the background going on while staying so smooth.

Source required for a claim this baitastic.

Is 32X + CD > Saturn?

Remember, it's only available for another week or so.

In terms of power? No.

>CD > Saturn

You're joking right?

Love that they got Hoshino in the commercial. Seems like a fun guy.

I agree.
Game looks fluid and fun

Who?

Guy who introduced Metal Sonic and Amy for CD.

Being better than 2 and 3k is easy. This game actually looks to be the first fast classic game and that alone puts it miles ahead of the originals

Yeah, no

THREADLY REMINDER:

Can you retards not imediatly jump to conclusions for once? First of all we still don't know what the ratio of old and new is going to be, since for all we know it could be 8 old levels and 7 new ones. Plus we don't know what more old levels impiles exactly, because if you recall, Taxman and Stealth wanted to include the Sonic 3 multiplayer levels as full 2 act stages for their proposed Sonic 3 Remaster, so they might be doing that for Mania.

And that's not even mentioning the fact that we don't know just how drastic the other classic levels will be remixed, since Green Hill's the most tame in the game. And I'm sure that the other ones are going to be quite different since Taxman said in an interview that there's a story reason why Sonic's going back to these old stages, and that they're being treated as real places that changed a lot over the year.

tl;dr stop going full retard before we get to see more than one act of two zones

>inb4 muh damage control muh shilling

>none of you fuckers posing the original
youtube.com/watch?v=N16_VT4v9z8

The 3 remaster will be from the &Knuckles half of the game

>want to preorder the CE
>dont want to do it 8 months in advance
The limited time thing is BS right? Right?

No it's actually limited.
The PS4 version is almost out of permanent stock according to amazon.

No, Taxman said that Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles will get levels separately. But nothings saying that Sega didn't allow for the Sonic 3 MP levels to be made into proper 2 act levels in Mania like Taxman and Stealth wanted to do with the Sonic 3 Remaster.

Cool

Only Carnival Night, Ice Cap and Launch Base suffer from music copyright bullshit. Angel Island, Hydrocity and Marble Garden are fair game.

Mania wipes its ass all over this game

Yup, saw them wearing it at PAX and really wanted it. Found out it was Amazon exclusive for this month.

That and the CE for Xbone

Tell me about it.

I honestly think this game is Sega's most shameful moment, even more than 06. Taking a shitty mobile game and hastily porting it to consoles, and then having the fucking audacity to call is the successor to the best game in the series by far and make it an official entry is absolutely deplorable.

Whether or not in ends up better than S2 and S3&K, we can at least safely say it's going to be a Sonic game worth playing alongside those games.

What bothers me is that this doesn't seem to phase the folks still begging for SA3. If Sonic Team couldn't make a proper follow up to the original trilogy, the one set of games that everyone is fine with, what makes you think Sonic Team could make a decent follow up to the Adventure series?

Sonic 06 was the real Sonic Adventure 3

>No Chao Garden
Stop it with this meme.

Sounds like you need more freedom

Even if Sonic 06 was never intended to bear the adventure name, it totally is an Adventure game.
>multiple character campaigns with different playstyles that unlock a final campaign
>tryhard serious story
>takes place in world with normal humans
>SA1 hubworlds
If it had a chao garden nobody would argue that it is pretty much an adventure game. There's even signs in Central City that say chao garden, which makes me wonder if it was intended to have one.

>Chao are the most important thing about the Adventure games
Adventurecucks, everyone.

It is an Adventure game, but a very poor one. I'll be the first to admit the first two Adventure games have problems, but the fun is there. Problem is too many of the other playstyles are just unpolished. They had the right idea going from Adventure 1 to 2 to cut the fat, but the way they went about it was to make the hunting and shooting gameplay worse and bog down the Sonic stages by integrating them all into one campaign. Chao garden is comfy as fuck, but i've got some nostalgia for it.

I'd be fine with them never revisiting Adventure again though. Chao garden in Adventure 2 still works fine and i'd rather see them try and go a different direction with 3D Sonic that they can pull off. A lot of the people that made people like Adventure the way they are no longer work for Sega.

I agree with you completely. I think Adventure 1 is better than 2, I liked 1 but cannot stand 2. It's really perplexing how much worse they made treasure hunting and shooting when they had to worry about way less playstyles.

>Implying that's not true

>That reddit tier humour

Well? What else matters about Adventure? It certainly isn't the shitty gameplay or the level design. Maybe the Rouge and Knuckles music.

Sonic 2 is honestly easy to beat, fuck everything after Mystic Cave Zone with a rusty fork. Especially Wing Fortress and it's awful music.

>Over 50% of the game is old levels

Very sneaky

I actually enjoyed more the freedom/exploration and shortcuts/alternative paths in Sonic'SA1 story. Sonic SA2 levels are most linear.
And I like more the SA1 soundtrack. SA2 is good, but SA1 is more memorable to me with more tracks that I enjoy(UP AND DOWN AND ALL AROUND)
The thing about SA2 is that it was more polished, a much better Chao Garden(for those who like that), more shit to do(karting,2p racing) and had just 3 defined styles instead of 6 where 3 of them were platforming but Sonic was speed, Amy was slow with robot chasing you, Tails was racing So-"AWRGIHT TAILS!! SEE YA TAILSSSU". They fucked the hunting radar for no reason, SA1 was perfect, and levels were shorter there except for Sky Deck that could be annoying.

If this were a real ad, they would show multiple scenes of the game with snippets of new stuff. Nice try. Now work on the fucking game.

They slowed shooting down way too much in 2. Gamma's stages were fast and he moved quicker.

They were just copying the old Sonic 2 commercial for fun. Doing it probably didn't take much time & plus the rest of the team was working on the game still during it.
youtube.com/watch?v=Yp4pg1bOEdM

>the bottom one took 2 weeks to make
>the top one probably 4 hours

kys my man

And that still showed more zones and gameplay.

SA1 had a way better soundtrack because it actually had variety instead of all being electric guitar. Another thing about it that is way better is the fact that you can play whatever you want whenever you want, on replays you can just do the characters you like instead of slogging through dogshit.

I actually liked everyone but Amy and Big, and really didn't mind Big. I fucking cannot stand anything but sonic in SA2, and even sonic isnt as good as SA1.

It's almost like Sega is... t-t-t... Trying? Is that the word? Is that what that word means? It's been so long since I last used it.

Well of course it did, they only have 2 Zones available to show off at the moment after all.

And you slide a lot with the Eggman/Tails mechs, reminds of Sonic Heroes specially when using Knuckles. Gamma also had bosses, short ones and easy, but it was the right idea but needed more difficulty, health on the bosses and polish.
In fact, Tails, Knuckles, Amy and Gamma's stories since the DX can be pretty much done in half-hour long each since you can skip the cutscenes. Big can be done even faster because his main-story is literally non-existent

Big was that character that would make anyone stop playing that game. He was just a marketing thing for that fishing game, he add nothing to the story, it was just the frog that had a chaos emeralds and Chaos tail for some reason. His A missions could be annoying, but it only matters on the DX since the Dreamcast version didnt unlock anything if you get the 130 emblems
>I fucking cannot stand anything but sonic in SA2, and even sonic isnt as good as SA1.
And Shadow had 3 levels, the "4th" was Sky Rail that is ridiculous short and was originally Sonic's stage

i found him inoffensive, it was mediocre and boring but incredibly easy and I beat his whole campaign in like half an hour.

atleast both sonic's have accepted their deaths

>No EU
Fuck you, SEGA, like usual.

>$69.99
>for a cheap plastic figurine
>for a fake cartridge
>game isnt even on physical media
>half the levels are old ones

buyers remorse is gonna hit everyone so bad.

this thing will probably lose value extremely quickly and scalpers will cry.

not touching this one.

Didn't EU get the Sonic Generations LE though?

i don't think it looks that great either. definitely not worth that much money

>Not getting it to clean up stains
I hope you 2 spill a drink on your couch.

Hey, The sonic generation's collector edition was EU only if I recall correctly. So I guess that's balance things ? Maybe ?

Kidding, I imported mania's collector for 100€, fuck Sega

Would be nice if they threw in the soundtrack as well.