When you say 'PC is objectively more powerful than consoles', you are wrong on two accounts because:

When you say 'PC is objectively more powerful than consoles', you are wrong on two accounts because:

>Upgradeable =/= more powerful
Only 5% of Steam users (6 million out of 125 million, including the casuals) have a semi-good 1080p GPU - the 970. That means the majority of console players have better systems than 95% of ALL Steam players and without mentioning that PS4 Pro and Xbox Scorpio will widen the gap even further. Also, a 1080p monitor isnt the same as being able to render games at 1080.

>The 'PC brand' does not exist
You know what someone means when they say they want a PS but you have to be specific when you talk about PC because there is no clear definition of PC as PC can do many things and come in many packages. There is, however, a very clear definition of Playstation. PCMR though IS a brand but its an agreed upon brand, not a real one. Do you see the power of names and console generations here?

>console gaming

Also, if PC hardware becomes even cheaper that wont mean ppl will start buying it because there is no clear representation of 'PC' as a gaming device. There is no brand called PC to introduce the idea of gaming on a 'PC' and have ppl grab onto it.

Consoles have shitty APUs whose IGPUs are worse than a GTX 750 or a Radeon R7 260.

The brand problem is exactly why I prefer consoles over PC. Its not sheeple to fall for brands, its natural to know what you are doing and what you are in for and that security is why brands exist.
Its exactly why I cannot call DotA a real game because its a collaboration of ideas and was never a brand like LoL.

All PCs can run games so they can all be considered gaming devices. Is this babbys first attempt at semantics?

You dont trust what you dont know.
You trust what you do know or like.

Playstation or Xbox are names and names attract people because ppl get an idea of what they are getting into unlike PC which is a sum of parts but never enough of a symbol like Quake and Starcraft tried to be for PC.

>Its exactly why I cannot call DotA a real game because its a collaboration of ideas and was never a brand like LoL.

This is the most neckbearded thing I've ever read desu.

i have 4670k and gtx780, i bet im still atleast on par with the next generation consoles

In all seriousness though OP: why do you prefer a worse overall experience? Like, c'mon be honest.

>only 5% of steam users have a 970
>this means that all other 95% are retards with toasters

what about the fucking 980, 980ti, 1070, 1060, 780ti, r9 390x/290x users?

are you fucking retarded kiddo?
even a fucking 750ti would do

Exactly. PCs are for tech enthusiasts. It's a niche platform and should stay that way.
If 'pc gaming' seems a little obscure to you, better to grab a console.

Humans are social creatures.
Brands create social circles. They make the things they specialize in spicy and more interesting.

A man without something to believe in is a dead man.

Probably why console gamers are more happy than PC gamers.

>Only 5% of Steam
you don't need to accept the survey
you don't need to use steam to play games unless its fucking half life 2 or whatever other shit its exclusive to steam
keep trolling

the lack of games must have really stagnated your brain activity

Console tears are salty

Console war bullshit should result in a permaban

Who cares? I'm part of that 5% and that's all that matters

The amount of mental gymnastics you perform to justify something like brand loyalty is going a bit over the line.

Sadly, the mods would rather ban other topics like female characters in vidya or whatever.

Not all PC players are Steam plebians.

You're judging PC vs Console by how many PC's can run 1080p, except consoles don't even do that. A more accurate comparison would be PC's that can do more than 900p 30fps, and compare that to consoles.

Also I'd say Steam itself is the 'PC brand'.

>5% of Steam users have this specific video card that's 'worse' than modern consoles
>I am going to base my entire argument on this flawed fact and the fact that PCs 'don't have branding' (?)

Did the mental ward let you have access to the computer again?

Looking at the survey if you say anyone with a 750Ti has better hardware than a PS4, you get about 26-30%. Probably more for Xbone, too lazy to look up benchmarks right now. About 9-10% have better hardware than the PS4 (Rx 470)

>Do you see the power of names and console generations here?

Are you a marketing robot?

>Niche platform
>More pcs out there than consoles combined

Wewwewwew

>Brands are good for you goy, buying from them makes you happy

the consoles and the PC blah blah blah nobody gives a fuck about it, I'm good with my "niche" platform because
>Kb&M
>free online
>backward compatibility
>mods
>usefullness outside of gaming and multitasking
>generally cheaper games, with sales fomr Steam GOG and Humble Bundle, humble bundle package and so on
>SOME FUCKING GRAPHICAL OPTIONS so I can at least get 60 FPS, I dont give 2 fucks if it looks like shit, no 3D game should ever be played at 30 fps

>Only 5% of Steam users (6 million out of 125 million, including the casuals) have a semi-good 1080p GPU

Nigga, I have 2 laptops (previously 3) and a desktop linked to my steam account, that data doesn't means shit.

Literally every 25W+ 4 threaded PC cpu is stronger than the Xbone CPU, including laptops

Basically any GPU stronger than GTX 660 or the 7850 aka R9 270 is stronger than the PS4

>Branding as a legit argument
Holy shit why are Americans so obsessed with brands? I'm american and I don't even get it.

>it's another consolefag lists non-reasons episode

Semantics is all you people ever do. At least you were more original than the comfy or aesthetic fags.

I have no words for this obviously brain-damaged post

Everything you just said was so fucking stupid right now. You are such a god damn faggot kid.

Not being a useless sack of shit helps OP, which is something you failed to mention in your post.

Pc
>writing, art, programming, music production, games
Console
>games

Also, you have to like specific genre's and have certain social/political views to even find the content enjoyable. That bit might change in time, but I doubt.

it's GNU/Linux
REEEEeEeEeEeEeeEeeeeeeEeeEeEEeEEE

Are you saying there aren't communities on PC? Because that's such a bizarre thing to imply. MMO's are the obvious example, but there's also things like the modding communities around Bethesda games and Doom 2. Not to mention people still playing old games like Battlefront II and Halo CE. If you want brands look at Quake, they still have a fuckhuge LAN/online convention every year.

I always saw it as a matter of preference. I've been idort since as long as I remember and I feel like you are getting a different experience with PC and with consoles.

Of course when it comes to raw numbers, granted your wallet will allow it a PC has the potential to have more but you should have long realized that video games aren't purely about raw numbers. It's all about the games and the experience you get with them.

If your game crashes and microstutters like crazy, requiring shit ton of troubleshooting for the benefit of a slight moderate graphical improvement you lose.

It's only stronger in paper. In real life non RPCMR world it's a pain in the ass to play recent games with that kind of hardware meanwhile consoles will run them fine.