Dark Creative Bankruptcy

I think I realized why I hate Dark Souls 3, and that's because it's completely creatively bankrupt. It doesn't a single original concept to its name and just feels like gigantic rehash of things we've seen multiple times before.

Setting? Stale and already fully explored.
Lore? Does not exist.
Combat? Copy-pasted from previous titles and glued together into one unholy abomination, even when it clearly doesn't work.
Level-design? Literally re-hash: the game. Most of the game is: "Hey guys, remember this area/item from Demons/Dark/Bloodborne? Yes, us too. Us gamers man, us gamers!"

I think if anyone actually likes Dark Souls 3, they literally have no soul.

Other urls found in this thread:

darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/poise
youtube.com/watch?v=NUm4hUOS4Dg
youtube.com/watch?v=7H9eGcH2KvU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Haven't played it but you're probably wrong.
It's probably a fine little game.

It was boring and forgettable. Nobody cares about it anymore.

Probably. I mean, weren't they basically obligated to make it because of Bamco?

>Most of the game is: "Hey guys, remember this area/item from Demons/Dark/Bloodborne? Yes, us too. Us gamers man, us gamers!"

you sound like an incredibly boring person

kill yourself fromdrone

>menawhile, one of the complaints about 2 was that it had fuckall to do with 1

Sorry for having some standards. To me, finding the Storm Ruler in DaS3 was one of the most egregious experiences I've had in a video game. Not only is does it function in a completely different way from the original (which ruins nostalgia and usability), it has negative lore value because it makes no fucking sense.

So why the hell is it there? It's not nostalgic, fun, logical, functional, or lore-contributing. It has no reason to exist. It being there is a net negative effect on the game, simply because the devs wanted to go "hey guys, remember this?"

DaS3 is full of shit like this and it drove me insane.

>DUDE WHAT IF WE COPIED BOLETARIAN PALACE AND MADE THE LAST GUY LIVE IN IT?

The problem is it didn't secretly integrate giant robots with swords half way through the game like Bloodborne did with all the Lovecraftian stuff.

It would have really taken people for a loop and it's secret twists like that which make games fun. Imagine if half way through you came across a giant robot knight and then you get in it and suddenly the whole game changes. People would be shitting bricks about how crazy it was for years to come.

>yhorm was literally deleted from the game
I'm still mad.

Its literally ok when miyazaki does it.

Bloodborne set the bar too high

There is such a thing as going to far in either direction. Looking back on DS2 I realize I had more fun with it because pvp wasn't complete ass from day one. It had its issues but I could at least play any build I wanted to in both pvp and pve.

II was better
IIIfags are faggots
Onefags are the worst

Dark Souls 3 has a lot of assets reused from previous games + Bloodborne. I'm fairly sure Dark Souls 3 also is heavily compared to the previous titles excelling in one way or another while DaS3 plays it too safe and is more or less a jack of all trades for the series while not having enough highs to compensate for it.

Demon's Souls nailed atmosphere, hub area, and npcs.
Dark Souls had the best enemy/environment variety along with world design.
Dark Souls 2 had the best cosmetic variety along with character build options and most fleshed out covenants.
Bloodborne has the best combat, unique playstyles per weapon, and best PvE with great atmosphere.
Dark Souls 3 has nothing that makes it stand out compared to the others.

Well, Dark Souls 3 does have a solid boss roaster. That's one thing that it does right.

First 2/3rds of the game I'd disagree. Last handful are actually good. Notable exception to early game are the Farron dudes. Everything else is a gimmick fight, Deacons, Wolnier, so on so forth.

I'm still disappointed 3 opted for specific dual wield weapons rather than 2's power stances where you could mix and match basically anything.

Still feels like a major step back and that was pretty much the only thing Dark Souls 2 did right beside allowing respecs without having to get soul sucked for every point.

At least the core gameplay didn't make me puke, as opposed to DS2

I find it funny people complain about a game that has a plot that is literally "all the people from the previous eras are gone and only a select few are good enough to be reborn to do the task that no one wants to do because its been done 1000 times lets just move on"

its like theyre saying "yea thanks for sticking with us the entire time guys most people left because they got tired of playing the same shit so much so if your still here just finish this please"

along with all the inverse shit like descending from the castle instead of going up to it etc and mixing up stuff from previous games with new twists I think DS3 will be the MGS2 of the series in the future. If only poise wasnt so fucked it makes me so pissed

I agree, and it was even worse in 2

I stopped playing at lothric castle cause I got so fucking bored of the game.

I even managed DaS2 and all the DLC fuck man, DaS3 had nothing worth while

>Dark Souls 2
> most fleshed out covenants
I never understood this meme

These threads attract Dark Souls 2 apologists.

>ds2
>bad gameplay

Can we stop this meme? Best build variety, weapons, movesets and stamina management somehow is a bad thing?

90% of DS1's covenants didn't work

DS2's matchmaking and covenants all functioned correctly from day one

DS3's are 4 different blues and le crazy reds and purples.

Dark Souls 1 and 3 have literally broken covenants.
2 has more covenant options along with a covenant that even improves your PvE challenge experience.
Bloodborne's covenants feel tacked on mostly.

these threads are made by and for dark souls 2 apologists. They are for the minority to scream about how their favorite game in the series happens to also be the black sheep, and this makes them unique and enlightened.

Why are Dark Souls 2 apologists so vocal yet any time there is a poll they are by far the smallest minority?

Even the "Demon's Souls is the best game ever Dark Souls is shit" fags are more numerous than Dark Souls 2 apologists.

DS2 isn't the best in the series but its better than 3. Screaming apologist at people who throw criticism at DS3 just makes you look like an ass.

3 had the most polished mechanics, the highest number of quality bosses and arguably the nicest looking areas.

I never understood what tokens did in ds2. did you give them to anyone? did they unlock anything?
the rat covenant was a time waster that wasn't implemented properly.
Bell covenant was fun as fuck I agree, too bad it was off the beaten path.

>I stopped playing at lothric castle cause I got so fucking bored of the game
Wow, that's actually the exact same spot I stopped at.

It's funny, since DaS3 from a mechanical standpoint is decent. Everything works fairly well, but it's so damn dull and soul-less. I had to ask myself: "why am I still going forward? Do I even care about any of these enemies/bosses/items? Is there any story or lore I will gain if I continue?", and once I realized the answer was no, I had no reason to proceed.

is "creatively bankrupt" the epic new buzzword to spam to appear to know what you're talking about? isn't "X design" not cool anymore?

>nicest looking areas
I'd give that to bloodborne.

Obviously Dark Souls 2 is the worst there really isn't much debating that end of it.

>Can we stop this meme? Best build variety, weapons, movesets and stamina management somehow is a bad thing?
no

it's everything else that sucks

although I'd disagree on the stamina management

In DS2 you could dress up as a moth and use the poison whip to act as the moth's proboscis
this is my fetish

All they had to do was make invasions like dark souls 1 and all could be forgiven. As it stands now, invasions are worthless(shit rewards), ganking is a 100% guarantee, and fuck I miss poise making heavy armor useful :(

being so defensive makes you look like an ass and a fag lol

haha yeah dude i watched that bunnyhop video too

>most polished mechanics
Fucked up poise, removed dual wielding/stances, went back on their word for weapon artes when they first revealed DaS3.
>highest number of quality bosses
Debatable
>arguably the nicest looking areas
DaS2 and Bloodborne are better in this aspect imo.

I'd put them both at a tie with each other.

Bloodborne pulled off the dark and creepy atmosphere a lot better but DaS3 was better in sheer prettiness and variety.

the variety of equipment looks nice (even though the areas don't) but it's playing the game that's awful

% of DS1's covenants didn't work
>1/9 covenants didn't work
>90%
Wat?

>haha yeah dude i watched that bunnyhop video too
What? I don't recall SBH making a Dark Souls 3 video.

For me I think it was the combination of yet another brown/grey castle with recycled enemies with buffed HP and damage that made me just give up on it. The recycled EVERYTHING in DaS3 was so appauling, and even STILL you had areas like propane capital that just werent finished, truely fucking dull.

>ds2
>nice looking areas
are you fucking serious? irregardless of how much you like the game, the graphics are garbage and every area is painful to look at as a result

It's true. Dark Souls 2 just feels like a much fresher game, filled with content, diverging paths, interesting boss fights and PvP that isn't complete ass.

Pretty much this.

Bosses were good in the later half of the game, but the beginning with all the swamps and shit puts me off wanting to start over on NG+.

Dark Souls 3 stuck me as From's "Greatest Hits" of Dark Souls. It's well rounded and probably the most consistent game out of all of them, meaning that it doesn't dip as low as the others might, but it also doesn't have the ambition necessary to reach as high.

By the end of DaS3 I just wanted to replay DaS1 and DaS2. I guess in that regard it was successful.

>irregardless

Dark Souls 2 looked like ass, the entire game felt like claymation

Only started playing Demon Souls. Is Bloodborne considered to be the best of the souls series?

lol in his evolution of soulsborne level design video

>Is Bloodborne considered to be the best of the souls series?
I'd say yes. It's basically the final extension of what the gameplay of the series headed towards, and has by far the most interesting and unique setting out of all of them.

that's why 3 is the best, because it's an amalgamation of all great things from the previous titles rolled into one

It's true user. I bought this game at release, full price, and it's the first game I bought Day 1 since I built my PC december last year, so I was pretty hyped. It felt bland. Like FROM didn't want to do this game, but they were contractually obliged to do it.

I liked it a lot, but it didn't felt as good as the other games.

Yes but only by people who have actually played it

no, it has almost 0 replayability and build variety

Feel free to retract your statements now.

Dark Souls 2 is GOAT when it comes to area design.

bait/10

people tend to either love it and say it's the best, or shit on it because it's the lowest on content or, some would say, the easiest. i've only played it and i'm like 1/3 of the way through DS2 and so far i'm giving it to bloodborne easily. the ridiculous clunkiness and dull and depressing slogs of levels just drag the whole thing down too far for me.

Fromsofts next game right here perfect.
Its just darksouls with escaflowne biopunk robots in it. Starts off high fantasy as fuck but then before you know it you are a cyberelf in a guymelofe fighting a dragon that was only half roboticized and also a chimera.

The equipment includes weaponized tobbaco pipes, beetle horn katar, shark jaws, and like a vacuum cleaner thing than can bring enemies closer but really designed for pvp suck a fool back when they roll away.

The problem is the sickdark shit got fucking old, no one cares about that anymore

miyazaki needs to make a souls 4 and make it cyberpunk

Yeah you are pretty spot on. I can't be bothered playing the DLC. Even though I bought the cuck pass. How many dlcs will there be.

This makes me claw my face and make me curl up and cry.

WHAT IS THAT MAGIC GREEN-ROCK MATERIAL SUPPOSED TO BE
WHY IS EVERYTHING COVERED IN IT

even fucking undead burg is better than that shit

>How many dlcs will there be.

One area and 3's version looks way better.

The best looking place in the game is that one dragon memory with nothing in it you can go to.

and hell, this is one of the better ones. fuck lost bastille, and fucking sinners rise and belfry luna, just call them what they are. it's literally all just the lost bastille.

Can't be arsed man.

nigger please that looks like a sandcastle

>severe tiling

Ds2 covenants just feel too pointless. The rat covenant feels unfinished and is really only bait for first-time players who don't know any better. The bell covenant is a fun forest-covenant ripoff but all you really get are titanite chunks
I don't really see the point in the tokens because all they really do is allow for sparring/duels, and I don't even think the tokens of spite can be used up. In DS1 you wanted humanity to level up your covenant and get equipment/open up that pathway in lost izalith so you had an actual goal.

>nigger

Can we not?

>DaS2 is shit! It's too different from DaS!
>DaS3 is shit! It's the same as DaS!

DaS3 is the best Souls game, and DaSbabies are pathetic.

cmon my nig dont be like that.

apparently both of them combined are as big as artorias of the abyss/old hunters

It's fun, definitely miles above most games this year. Definitely feels a bit tired so I'm glad they ended the series with this.

Plus DLC hype, even DS2 (which I still think is the weakest one) had the ivory king.

Time for some hot opinions

DaS => DeS > BB > DaS3 > DaS2

I enjoy them all, even 2.

Ok, we'll just use porch monkey then.

I started playing Dark Souls for the first time.
I beat the Asylum Demon on my first try (with normal weapon) and Taurus on 2nd try.
How well I'm doing?

that looks not too good honestly, even ignoring the laughably impossible surrounding geography. Anal Rondo even looked better.

Isn't that even a promo shot you're posting?

you don't have to play the game then, since it doesn't meet your "standards"

Maybe you've just forgotten how to have fun in video games?

>that cliff texture

they definitely have a fantastic track record when it comes to DLC, should set the bar other AAA games

Team B should be gassed, holy shit

jesus and what's with the hairline

STOP
PLEASE

After trudging through shitty swamps and catacombs I was pretty excited to see that the next area was visually interesting.

And then it was linear and short as fuck before going back into sewers and dungeons.

Now I am both intrigued and annoyed. I am kind of done with souls. May as well give it a bash though.

she's wearing a hood

Out of context this looks like a Bloodborne screenshot.

excuse my poor eyesight wow

if you have a character who beat the game and didn't start NG+ could probably just use him for it instead of starting over

Let's not forget this beauty.

It's fine as a game as in it's functional. Pretty mediocre and definitely worse than dark souls 1

he's right though

Yeah I do. He is super jacked. Butcher knife and dragon slayer great shield. And Pope robes because armour is useless since there is no poise.

THAT CANT BE REAL

>new dlc adds chalice dungeon equivalent
Does this fix Dark Souls 3?

there actually is pose but it's super convoluted and kinda useless
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/poise
basically it's only turned on during hyperarmor attacks and dictates how many extra hits you can take before getting knocked out of them

I thought it was better than DaS1 and definitely DaS2.

But yeah the major flaw was that it was a direct sequel.
Spiritual sequel would've been better.

I'm saving my claymore heavy knight for the dlc
I'm not sure if invaders were fucking stupid when the game released or if the claymore is overpowered but I tore through everyone who invaded me with that thing

If we could have a constant drip feed of new dungeons for a while I'd dig it

>every area is painful to look at
except for heides tower, dragon aerie, drangleic castle, brightstone cove, brume tower, eleyum loyce, shulva, no mans warf, the lost bastille and the forest of fallen giants.

>it's another "Dark Souls 2 fans start a DaS3 hate thread with stale memes and half-truths to make their favorite game look better" thread
why are DaS2 fans so fucking obnoxious?

Go over there and check.

I thought it was a PC only problem at first but then I loaded up my PS3 copy and realized it had always been there.

Are you serious? Forest of fallen giants looks like fucking garbage.

Don't make somebody post the fire lizard comparison

I've gotten to this area but I can't find the doll, also pretty impressed when I saw it, best aesthetics in the game so far.

>blood gems equivalent in DaS3 clusterfucking it's PvP even more
Please no

Because they are mobafags.

Because they are right.

because there is actually only like 8 of them and they need to make it seem like more

>I can't find the doll
explore the Cathedral of the Deep and kill the boss there

if you can't find that, explore Crucifixion Woods more thoroughly. There are two bosses there, the Abyss Watchers and another one

>DaS2 apologists will defend this

literally who cares about graphics?

People don't play DaS2 for the graphics, they play it for the well tuned PvP and PvE ;^)

Wat.

Every fanbase for every game is slightly different because from changed focus

DaS1 has a focus on level design and interconnectivity so it appeals to Metroidvania fags.
DaS2 has a focus on online interactions like PvP so it appeals to mobafags
DaS3 and BB really have a focus on the action combat. So they appeal to your action game fags. Think platinumfags a little.

Now imagine a thread with metroidvania, moba and platinumfags all in one thread arguing about which genre is best.
Of course nobody is going to get along with the other groups. because we all think all souls games are the same games with the same goals and should all try the same things.

And mobafags are the worst so they are the most annoying.

Okay I played Demon's and DaS3.
What was wrong with that shit?

Why are gargoyles in das1 fine but this shit isn't?
Maneaters to gargoyles is a lot closer of a ripoff than Storm King -> Yhorm

I get being pissed over the fanservice reverences to shit like solaire but this? This is nothing.

>people say that DaS2 had good pvp
>when reds couldn't get whole eyes and had to farm for them
>when invasions were heavily skewed towards fighting ganks like in DaS3
>when invaders couldn't interact with the hosts' environment, and thus could easily be blocked by terrain from getting to them
>when there was a 10 minute invasion timer
>when blues literally didn't work
>when Rats were depopulated and everyone hated them
>when Belltowers were among the smallest zones in the whole game and were piss easy to walk through before any invaders arrived
I'm convinced that the only people who say DaS2 had a good pvp system are arenafriends who should uninstall every souls game in the series from their hard drives

I haven't found the cathedral of the deep yet, is it near the demon ruins? Also I've explored crucifixion woods throughly and killed both the bosses.

it's past the Crystal Sage arena, go look around there more closely, it's not a dead end

Not to mention the tokens are next to useless. What's the point of even going online?

Started up the game and saw it as I was getting up from the bonfire, I feel kinda stupid now for not noticing it.

DS2 uses a lot of shortcuts in any area the player isn't going to be looking on the most linear path possible.

It's like the developers never expected anyone to turn around while playing the game. On one hand it is saving some performance by not filling out unnecessary areas with tons of detail but on the other hand it makes for some very shitty vistas and some very ugly backfacing walls.

Honestly I think Bamco is just rushing From

DaS1 is half finished
DaS2 isn't polished
And DaS3 is short.

It feels like they were slowly learning how to deal with Bamco.

I think they were expecting people to not turn around. I was playing last night and I never realized that after the crashing the Skeleton party in the huntsmans copse you aren't allowed to go back over the bridge you open. An invisible wall forms behind you.

DaS2 was super rushed because they scrapped basically everything they were working on when they switched directors, but bamco didn't give them extra time to make up for it, so they just kind of stitched together whatever they could from the assets they already had

>DaS3 is short.
Wat? I mean it's the longest base game we've got out of the series so far.

Sure it's no DS2 with all the DLC but neither was DS2 before all it's DLC.

Maybe I am comparing it to the other games + dlc

Should've written "Dark Souls 3 is linear" you are right.

Point is that I feel like Bamco is not a good publisher for them.

>Why are gargoyles in das1 fine but this shit isn't?
You'd have a point of DaS1 called them Maneaters instead of an original title, but it didn't.

that's the damn point. DaS3 doesn't have a generic wind sword, it has the Storm Ruler. That has way more implications and problems than using an original alternatives, which the rest of the series besides DaS3 does.

I think it's because everyone is used to the formula by now so there is no getting used to the mechanics anymore. Christ I remember my first souls game taking like 60+ hours for one run.

>FROM will never go back to leveling up at bonfires and no quicktravel until it's deemed appropriate from a gameplay standpoint

Why are so many people upset that Miyazaki treated Dark Souls 3 like a sequel instead of a vaguely related spin off?

You didn't see dark souls 1 sequel material in bloodborne, you saw it in Dark Souls 3. Revisiting anor londo isnt rehashing because it's a fucking sequel

so Storm Ruler is a problem but Patches and the MLGS aren't?

Most have been pretty linear beside the first half of Dark Souls and Demon's Souls after Dragon God.

Souls has been more closed than it's been open.

DaS1 had patches and the moonlight sword then.

Its a different universe. It is the same stormruler in the same way patches is the same patches.

Also I care WAY MORE about gameplay than lore. Yhorm > Storm Ruler
Maneaters > Gargoyles

DaS3 was a step up. DaS1 was a step down.

at least 3 handled the sunlight covenant better than 2 (or even 1)

Not to mention Seathe and Kalameet are from fucking Kings field

Funny that you mention the only two universal FromSoft references that existed before even Demons Souls.

King's Passage is probably B Team's Magnum Opus.

Misplaced columns, dark voids on the side, misaligned textures, huge gaps in the level geometry rain that cuts off halfway downwards and the cherry on top of the shitcake:
lightning that casts a shadow of the level onto the nearby mountains.
It takes a special kind of incompetence for something like that.

There's more than 2 reoccurring you dumb ass slut.

l) I have no more (you)s to give today OP. I have reached my daily limit.

So why can't they add more?

I mean the praise the sun gesture was in demon's and then was in Dark Souls. Was that also in other fromsoft games?

This is why I'm glad they're making a new IP. Their original ideas are always the best.

And who could forget the Chosen Undead's poop jar from Dark Souls 1 that they copypasted all over the Firekeeper's home but forgot to take out the shit.

That ground looks like the one from the first dark souls in the starting zones

That would require a well designed map with multiple paths to open and a good sense of pacing.

i said this several times

Dark souls 1 = original star wars trilogy
>the masterpiece
Dark souls 2 = the prequels
>clumsy storytelling, ful of mistakes, hated by the fans, but at the same time bold, innovative in certain aspects, expands the universe, builds up on certain aspects of the first one while having its own flawed identity
dark souls 3 = awakening of the force
>HEY REMEMBER HOW COOL WAS THAT FIRST GAME? HERE IT IS AGAIN WITH BETTER GRAPHICS, ALSO HERE HAVE ANOTHER BLINK/REFERENCE TO THE ORIGINAL ;>

Oh, and remember the elevator in Undead Parish with the chains that go into the sky?

Same thing in DS2.

>there are jars of shit all over the firekeeper hut
are you serious right now
I didn't even know CU had one

Why do we need these poor bait threads?

and every time you don't realize how much people hate you and think you are a sperg.

DaS1 is not as good as the original star wars trilogy.
If anything Demon's is the original star wars and dark souls is the prequels. It is even a trilogy.
And BB is empire.

Where do you find the poop jar in the first game?

More people played Dark Souls than Demon's Souls. Dark Souls is the one that most players remember.

I don't have time for plebs and neither should you.

In the trailers, Yhorm was supposed to be massive. There's a clip where you're running on a bridge and Yhorm tries to hit you as he stands next to the bridge.

It was a little outrageous but would've been awesome, IMO.

Go compare the amount of fan art for Solaire against the fan art for every character in Demon's Souls combined.

Demon's Souls wasn't the famous one. Dark Souls was.

DeS = A New Hope
DaS1 = Empire Strikes Back
Bloodborne = Return of the Jedi
DaS2 = Phantom Menace
DaS3 = Force Awakens

Demon's is THX 1138

And who gives a fuck about that? I thought we were talking about quality.

>Yhorm was supposed to be the Dragon God
>awesome
yeah, no

post that video, if you're so great
I think it would have been cooler if you fought him with the stormruler in that situation rather than a big room

DeS = Flash Gordon
DaS1 = New Hope
BB = Empire
DaS2 = any prequel
DaS3 = Force Awakens

FTFY

DaS1 = Raiders of the Lost Ark

DaS2 = Temple of Doom

DaS3 = The Last Crusade

The DaS3 fanboy brigade appeared.

Dark souls 3 isn't any worse than DS1 or 2, we're just sick of the same old shit.

They need to keep making spinoffs like Bloodborne, I don't want Dark Souls 4 unless they seriously spice it up

I think comparing 3 to VII is fair, both of them had a good amount of fan backlash but were generally well recieved

Are you implying force awakens was good?

I thought it was a pretty apt comparison.

To most players, Dark Souls is the original. It's what they compare to everything else.

Thus, the original Star Wars trilogy comparison.

DaS3 and BB are the prequels trilogy.

>>>reddit.com/r/darksoul2

but das2 and das3 were played more than das1.

BB seems more like it would be the clone wars series to me.

>>/t/umblr

>2 games are a trilogy
fucking idiot

>Calling it Force Awakens is a good thing
Force Awakens is literally just a rehash of New Hope with different characters

Force Awakens was bad. But not bad enough to compare to DaS3.
DaS3 and BB are the prequels.

PCuck on suicide watch

>There's a clip where you're running on a bridge and Yhorm tries to hit you as he stands next to the bridge.
You're fucking retarded. That's the giant in Irithyll Dungeon trying to hit you as you go to the rats.

>into the sky
that's the elevator that leads to iron keep, dummy

DaS3 is actual proof that PCucks wouldn't like BB even if they had access to it.

DaS3 was essentially BB with a Dark Souls skin and EVERYONE hated it.
Now sonyggers you could argue were sick of it because they had BB and it just wasn't anything new but PCucks hated it too so that is proof that BB is overrated by fanboys.

this is such a great situation. Usually it is hard to proof that fanboys only like a game because their mother could only buy them one console but BB is a rare case were we have proof that it is shit.

BB>Das1>DeS>DaS3>DaS2
Maybe the DLC will move 3 a little upwards but this seems to be my final ranking
Order I played them: 1, DeS, 2, BB, 3.

Moss, are you retarded?

>DaS3 was essentially BB with a Dark Souls skin and EVERYONE hated it.

just digging the hole deeper, PCuck, it's clear you haven't played it

It is. I remember seeing the exact same texture in Undead Burg/Parish. It looks really out of place in DS2.

DaS3 is proof that BB is shit.

Don't give me this bullshit. You can actually see the assets they had leftover from BB and das3 is clearly the bb engirne.

Really think about why you hate das3 but like bb! The truth is because you have to justify an expensive brick to yourself which you had to buy to play BB.

Explain why das3 is shit without also describing BB.

>its too linear
>too few builds
>evading is too strong
>healing is too fast
>pvp is shit
>why is there no poise?

Now which game did I describe? BB or DaS3?

dull setting and lore
60% reused assets
boring weapons with limited movesets
slow pace of combat

You will never get Miyazakis master opus and it is tearing you apart

>dull setting and lore
>60% reused assets
>boring weapons with limited movesets
>slow pace of combat
All of that applies to BB

Limited movesets technically not but with shields and actual offhands in das3 it comes out to the same moveset amount

0/10 see me after class.

>All of that applies to BB

I think you're being a little harsh, OP. It's a fine game that loses a ton of points for lack of anything new or groundbreaking, but I think most people enjoyed it more than 95% of other shit that gets released. If the DLC can come out and be anything like DaS1 or 2's, than the game will come close to redeeming some of those flaws.

miyazaki also made das3 and that is why everyone hates das3.

I don't get this meme about lack of creativity when From has been rehashing the same ideas and the same gameplay mechanics ever since its inception, just look at fucking Armored Core.

At least DS3 is more fun to play and feels more consistent than the previous two games. I actually enjoyed it a lot, I think it's the closest to Demon's out of the three DaS.

Enjoy your silky smooth 24fps """"""""""masterpiece""""""""""

DeS is Hidden Fortress by Akira Kurosawa

only because he was contractually obliged to make 3 games for Bamco
the real masterpiece is Bloodborne, you can tell he put his efforts into it unlike rehash souls 3

So DaS1 is also shit?

I am and it's even sweeter knowing you will never ever get to play it

I Enjoy Darksouls 1, 2 & 3. so as 80% people who play this game in the whole world.

And theres nothing you can do about it user.

Holy hell what a dank place that must be with that much moss climbing that high up the walls.

Seriously not even swamps are humid enough to have that shit up that high because that shit rots and dies.

depends on the type of moss
and it's not like the dark souls universe abides by the laws of our world anyway

Has the same replayability as any other souls game.
Has more build variety than DaS3 because it's balanced for poise not being in the game.

it abides by the universal laws of being easier to texture everything, making it look bland and awful

>boring weapons with limited movesets
never used the gargoyle flame spear eh

has 1/3 the moves of a typical BB weapon

>DaS3 is the best souls game with less viable build variety than even Bloodborne.

op just now figured out how video games are made

You're just throwing names up there to make bulk and hoping nobody realizes it. Brighstone, Lost Bastille and Forest of Fallen Giants are awful

Forest of Fallen Giants does indeed look like shit, but at least it has passable level design.

That's Wizardry
THX 1138 is King's Field

I wish they'd have made just a single, good Dark Souls game. You can see the change in the covers of the games themselves and it's not for the better.

It's no better than any level in the entire series

Fuck you, I liked it.

Your arguments are lazy too.

that's because most BB weapons are just 2 weapons that you switch with l1 instead of the dpad
also because of that it doesn't have nearly as many weapons as any other Souls game

Everyone agrees that the best Soulsborne experience is had by playing the game online, but without using the PVP/PVE features yourself. Right?

You described DaS3 because you can use about any weapon/build in BB and have a fun PvP experience, not true in DaS3 because it's just full of light armor straightsword master race. The only viable PvP builds in DaS3 are Bloodborne builds but there's less of them. No poise isn't even a problem in BB because everything is balanced for it. Don't hate a game just because you don't want to buy a ps4 to play it, it's just immature.

So why have I read all these complaints after BB before DaS3 was ever a thing

Check and mate sonygger.

>that's because most BB weapons are just 2 weapons that you switch with l1 instead of the dpad

2x unique transformation attacks
running and rolling R2s
L2s for 2 handed weapons
actual unique charged R2s rather than a slower version of the same attack
charged R2 combos

>also because of that it doesn't have nearly as many weapons as any other Souls game

most weapons in souls are copy + paste
all weapons bar saw cleaver/saw spear (share a saw form) and kirkhammer/LHB (share a straight sword) are totally unique
dark souls 3 a shit

No, for my first playthrough of DaS3 I stopped at most areas to invade and get invaded with the dried finger, it took me well over 300 hours to actually finish it and it was by far the most fun I've had with a Souls game,

>dark souls 3 a shit
True.
But so is BB.

I wasn't arguing that BB weapons have less diverse movesets. also you forgot unique backstep attacks
and even without the copypaste variants Souls still have more weapons, boss weapons alone usually have pretty unique movesets

subhuman ape is good for you?

>boss weapons alone usually have pretty unique movesets

SOME of them have a unique (usually gimmicky) L2 weapon skill, that's it

bloodborne has much greater moveset diversity

nice try PCpony

I have a ps4.

BB a shit and i hated DaS3. They felt exactly like the same floaty shit with crazy evades and fast healing.

>But what about my unspecified anecdotal complaints?
Try presenting an actual opinion instead of
>But some people have said it's bad

>implying most bb weapons don't just swing wildly when you mash r1 and do some sort of slam/stab move with r2

DaS3 a shit.
DaS3 = BB

Ergo
BB a shit.

>online
might as well use youtube guides while you're at it

Agree totally

DSIII sucks because pvp was an afterthought. What's the point of the pve without a pvp endgame?

>It's shit because I say so.
Can you give me some examples of why it's bad?

DaS3 is not exclusive for any Platform.

PC gamers are consistent. They hate the games because they are both shit
You hate DaS3 but like BB even thought the flaws are exactly the same.

Except bloodborne isn't a total rehash of the previous 2 games, right down to entire levels and 60% of the armor/weapons in the game being reused

Wait you don't think DaS3 is shit?

You "found" the Storm Ruler? He's just at the end of the map, like every other fucking boss. Also I feel bad for you.

>I know the exact flaws of a game I have never played in my life because I played a similar game and didn't like that one
never change vee

Here are the flaws of DaS3
Do they or do they not apply to BB.

And I fucking played BB you massive idiot.

Storm Ruler isn't a boss, retard.

I fucking love when people say DaS II has good aesthetics, look at this shit.
>skybox is literally a single solid color
>that fucking cliffiside
>this is a series known for it's background scenery

I think DaS3 is shit but not BB, this guy just says Since DaS3 is shit BB is shit but they are very different games.

>And I fucking played BB you massive idiot.
then why are you speaking for all PCfags who didn't

They have the same flaws.

DaS3 is at least BB lite.

So yeah. If you are rating the games then DaS3 and BB should be close to each other.
The amount of spaces between them is how you can actually measure how much of a fanboy you are.

stop cherrypicking
DELETE THIS

>then why are you speaking for all PCfags who didn't
I didn't.

>Setting? Stale and already fully explored.
Subjective. I liked the setting the game took. It's intentional that its supposed to be the same area as Dark Souls 1, but far into the future so you can see the how the land was effected by time and new people. Plus the "end of the world" vibes the game gives were pretty good too. Sorry you don't feel the same way I guess.
>Lore? Does not exist.
There's the same amount of lore in this game as any other retard, you just have to read into it as usual.
>Combat? Copy-pasted from previous titles and glued together into one unholy abomination, even when it clearly doesn't work.
This is autistic. It's a souls game, it's supposed to be similar to other souls games. Not only that but it's the most refined out of all of them, and if you'd have to be dumb to argue that. It's not "glued together" combat from souls 1-bb, that's completely ignorant.
>Level-design? Literally re-hash: the game. Most of the game is: "Hey guys, remember this area/item from Demons/Dark/Bloodborne? Yes, us too. Us gamers man, us gamers!"
Again, intentional, and not even to make a quick buck off reused assets. If you missed the point of having locations from Souls 1 in the game then I feel sorry. Not for you, for the developers for having their games played by simpletons like you. Besides Anor Londo's castle, literally nothing else in the game uses anything from dark souls 1 location wise.
>I think if anyone actually likes Dark Souls 3, they literally have no soul.
Good argument, mate

>PC gamers are consistent. They hate the games because they are both shit

Yes and?

Were in that did I say "PC only"?

good meme
3's flaws are the utter lack of any originality, feeling of playing a slow DaS character against BB enemies, bosses that die in 5 hits until Irithyll, and extreme linearity

none are present in BB, it's even a hell of a lot less linear than 3 with 40% of the areas being optional

2nd trip

>It's too linear
Sure, Bloodborne is linear, but not linear like DaS3
>Too Few Builds
Bloodborne has less builds than DaS3, but most of the builds in DaS3 are shit, especially concerning PvP. Wearing any heavy armor is just gimping yourself. In BB you can use about any weapon for PvP and PvE effectively.
>Evading is too strong
I don't even understand this. Every character has the same dodge, so you're on even grounds with the opposing player. If you're shit at the game when you have the same dodge then that's your fault.
>Healing is too fast
You can parry heals dude, git gud.
>PvP is shit
Only in DaS3, where you have to do a Bloodborne build to be on even footing with other players because heavy armor just gimps you. Less viable builds than Bloodborne
>Why is there no poise?
In BB there isn't heavy armor that slows you down in exchange for poise, in DaS3 there is, but poise is useless in that game.

it was implied with
>DaS3 is not exclusive for any Platform.
why would you feel the need to mention that otherwise, since anyone who can play BB can play DaS3

>the utter lack of any originality
Definitely applies to BB.
>feeling of playing a slow DaS character against BB enemies,
But it is literally the BB engine. You are playing a fast BB character against BB enemies. Some of them literally leftover assets.
>extreme linearity
Oh yeah that sure didn't apply to fucking BB.

Yes it's kinda repetitive.

It's not hateful but it is the most stale of them. Unless you're VERY into that gray grim kind of setting without variations, DaS3 won't appeal to you.

DaS2 had many themes as DaS1 had. The scenarios were clearly different from each other.

>BB
>no originality

stopped reading there

>it's another DS2 cuck thread episode

Do we have to do this every day?

>this literally never happened

>It is literally BB Engine, you are a BB player
>I didn't miss out on anything guys, I'm playing DaS3 which is the same as BB
Lmao

That is the reason people can be objective.

Let me explain it again because you are really slow

DaS3 and BB are essentially the same game

But sonygger love BB and EVERYONE hates DaS3.

Why is that?

Because everyone can be objective with DaS3 but with BB you faggots can't.

I wish I missed out on DaS3 and BB.

Hhahahaha, retarded niggers can't stand top quality games.

The only reason Dark Souls 3 is hated is because it punishes shitters (all games that take skill are hated on Cred Forums, LoL, DoTa2, SC2, CS:GO etc).

Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne are the only souls games that take skill, because there is no poise and no heavy armor easy mode for brain dead low IQ snail reaction shitters to feel like they "got gud". Fuck off with your cancer immortality easy mode blocks/shields, fuck off with your cancer poise.

Bloodborne > Dark Souls 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dark Souls > Demon's Souls >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dark Souls 2.

Fast gameplay is superior to your cancer slow gameplay.

Dark Souls 3 did everything better than Dark Souls 1 except interconnectivity of the world, but I'll gladly trade that for superior individual level design, superior bosses and atmosphere. As for Dark Souls 2, the only thing it has better than Dark Souls 3 is the PvP, which will get changed with the re-balance of Ashes of Ariendal and the PvP Arena.

Stay clueless cancer Cred Forumsirgin shitters.

>EVERYONE hates DS3

Nah fuck off.

I've been reading the thread and I have to ask, why do you guys say Dark Souls is worse than Demon's? I played both and I found them to be a really fun and enjoyable experience

Everyone with a brain then.

Dark Souls 3 is the first game in the series with a difficulty curve that makes sense.
It goes pretty neatly from easier to harder content

>Everyone who enjoys DS2 then

FTFY

1=3>2 imo

except that the controls are terrible. Analog movement is fucked, animations are literally mocapped so it's hard to tell when an attack is coming, and the shitty sound design ruins some weapons like halberds.

DS3 had the best bosses and the best mechanics. Not even debatable.

So we are in agreement

DaS2 was good. DaS3 and BB were absolute dogshit.

Dark Souls has really shitty and plain unfinished levels, where Demon's Souls is at least decent all the way through.
This is why I think Dark Souls 3 is the best in the series, it's by far the most consistent

user, there are more dual weapons in DaS3 than there are power stance movesets in DaS2. Sure, there's superficially more variety in DaS2 but DaS3's specifically-designed dual weapons are much more interesting.

Kill yourself for your uninformed and shit opinions bub

BB > DeS = DaS > DaS3 >>> LotF >>> DaS2

Fine. Google. Are you happy Cred Forums? We're using your epic maymay.

/our/ guy already had the objective rankings

>Bating this much with your contrarian opinion.
Lmao

Who is that?
Because I sort of agree.

>DaS2 was good

Stopped right there.

We know where to put your garbage ass opinion. There's a reason even Cred Forums doesn't like that literal pile of shit.

>Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne are the only souls games that take skill, because there is no poise and no heavy armor easy mode for brain dead low IQ snail reaction shitters to feel like they "got gud".
Demon's Souls doesn't have poise either.

>DaS3 and BB are essentially the same game
but that's entirely false
> EVERYONE hates DaS3.
that's also false, I like DaS3
how does something not being exclusive beget objectivity? try again.

Das=BB>DS3>DeS>SoTFS>DS2
Fixed that for ya bub

It was a fun game, but I agree that it didn't exactly bring much new to the table.
I enjoyed it for what it was, a rehash of a series I like. Nothing more, nothing less.

UNRELATED but will I do more damage with a refined weapon at 40 str 40 dex compared to a heavy weapon at 40-50 str?

>Literally who rates DaS3 above DeS and DaS
Cmon dude why you bating?

>There's a reason even Cred Forums doesn't like that literal pile of shit.
It gets more love than the actual pile of shit DaS3.

Have you even played BB? You have no idea what your talking about

DaS3 = DaS1 = DeS > BB >>> DaS2

I don't think I'll ever understand the obsession retards have with poise. It's a literal cancer mechanic worse than long ass i-frames. By saying you like poise, you're basically telling everybody that you play like a brainless monkey who just wants to stand in one place and spam R1.

see

I have played BB yes.

I platinumed it.

That's because everyone who likes DaS2 has a warped taste and also thinks it's the best in the series. Very few people think that DaS3 is the best Soulsborne game, and rightly so.

Yes, go with refined. Refined is very good. Sharp and heavy are more situational.

Yeah maybe in your alternate reality of Cred Forums.

there isn't any chance you have the season pass in your inventory and are willing to gift it?

I like Dark Souls 3 because it looks pretty and has faster animations.

I don't think there's anything exciting about long telegraphs that you can't react to because your animations are even slower.

I don't think amateurish texture work that makes everything look like it's lathered with soap is conductive to good atmosphere. There's an awkward gleam to everything that gives off a very artificial vibe. Dark Souls never looked good -- and not for it's technical shortcomings, but because visual artists lacked skill.

I don't think there was anything particularly interesting about Dark Souls in the first place. It's a collection of generic fantasy tropes peppered with standard Japanese wackiness which is only exciting if you haven't seen any Japanese wackiness before. Dark Souls is corny and even if it were tempered with enough humor (which it isn't), it would just be the standard kind of "ain't I so wacky?" Japanese humor which is a cop-out for doing lol so randumb shit (see: Hideo Kojima).

Sure, a lot of things in Dark Souls are rooted in lore and every crazy thing has it's roots somewhere in there, but you have to realize that when we say "lore" here, we mean "every wacky thing is even wackier if you look closer". In reality, Dark Souls "lore" is a collection of random shit and is massively overrated because nerds think that everything mysterious and hidden from plain sight must automatically be some profound shit.

But those unfinished levels were just Demon Ruins and Lost Izalith, no? Granted they ARE really shitty with the dragon ass copypaste and Bed of Bullshit. It's really a shame because the rest of the game is pretty good, although it's true that the first half is the better one

Doesn't that statistically proof that DaS2 is better than DaS3?

Thanks user. The ambiguity of how things worked was holding me back.

>I had more fun with it because pvp wasn't complete ass from day one

You probably didn't pvp from day one

Move/roll slow but can tank
Move/roll fast, but can't tank

Nothing wrong with poise as a concept. I would have liked if they took the system from 1 and refined it.
In stead we got a system even more lame... nothing

Poise prevents fast weapons from completely outclassing slow weapons. It worked in DeS because slow weapons were so strong and it was so easy to heal if you got chipped by a fast weapon. BB simply has no slow weapons. DaS3 feels the pain of no poise.

No?

prove it faggot

>that you can't react to because your animations are even slower
Dodges, parries and blocks are flash instant in Dark Souls 1
no matter how much faster your character would be you'd fail to dodge because you just can't time for shit.

git gud

How?

>Poise prevents fast weapons from completely outclassing slow weapons.
Poise also prevents fast weapons from being staggered by heavier weapons, allowing fast weapons to do even more burst damage.

There's a reason we got rid of poise and brought hyperarmor instead.

DeS presented a mountain of challenges in progressing through the game and acquiring gear. But that process didn't change at any point in the series, so the challenge of any game after that lies entirely in learning enemy attack patterns. DeS was great because I was so thoroughly lost and confused, but anyone could say that about whichever game was the one in which the player entered the series.

If there's one thing I think DeS did better than DaS it was the atmosphere, which is debatable. I think the series would benefit the most from rethinking progress and giving old players an entirely new process to figure out.

post your PSNprofile
or take pic of trophy w/ timestamp

>BB simply has no slow weapons

Kirkhammer
Ludwig's Holy Blade
Beast Cutter
Logarius' Wheel
Bloodletter
Amygdalan Arm
Holy Moonlight Sword
Hunter Axe (?)

Any ideas for a Greatsword/No Poise character in DaS1? I've never done a heavy weapons character before, and I'm curious about how would it work

I agree with you that Dark Souls 3 is better than both Dark Souls 1 and 2, but why do you give retarded reasons? The textures suck because you are a low IQ subhuman who can't spend literally less than 30 minutes watching a quick guide on YouTube and setting up 4-6 mods for Dark Souls 1 that turns the game in to HD tier 60(58) fps graphics.

Every Souls game has hyper armour.

I'm not saying poise was implemented perfectly, but it's not a completely shitty idea. It has a purpose.

Not nearly as slow as slow Souls weapons.

Zwei destroys everything early game, so you might not need any poise. Go for it. Maybe finish it up as a mid-level pvp build. UGS are great there.

I stopped using texture mods for DaS (except UI) because of the stutters when loading. Not worth it.

They are still relatively slow and therefore useless in competitive pvp. Which wast the argument against DaS3.

Just get gud with the one of the most "meme" weapons, the zewihander (The thing feels so fucking good), and dump some points in to endurance with FAP or whatever to have your weight be under 30% for them fast rolls and so you can swing the thing more then twice at a time.

>Shamble through the game once blindly, so you can jack off and say you finished it blindly
>Immediately jump to the wiki to see which builds are optimal and which combinations of gear are OP. Alternatively, spend inordinate amounts of time figuring out the exact same shit by wasting your time replaying the game dozens of times and memorizing useless crap instead of studying, playing an instrument or learning some other useful skill
>Replay the game with foreknowledge of stupid shit that fucked you over the last time
>"Behold, for I have rethought the process"

Nerds.

To be honest I haven't played BB, I was just parroting what I've heard. I'm not surprised that it's in the same situation as DaS3.

>Every Souls game has hyper armour.
No.

What is your GPU and CPU?

Go Claymore or kys trash.

Video games are fun! Haha, right guys?

Yes.

R9 390
I even installed DaS (and the textures) on my SSD and it didn't help.

Haven't played it but after playing DS DaS 1 and 2 and a bit of Bloodborne I agree that it's probably like that, since those I mentioned are all like that.

I don't even care that you can just look up shit in a minute.

It's the way you're so heavily tempted to do it. Seriously, have the game drop a couple more messages or have a manual in the game and I bet those wikis would have been a lot more quiet places.

But you do have your transform attacks which can segway into other combos. Most of these weapons have a 1hand version that's pretty fast. Ludwig/Kirk have the same straight sword 1 hand, and Ludwig/Kirk/Hunters Axe Transformed all have some mad range with L2s/R2s

Some are (DaS1, DaS2, Demon's) others are not (DaS3, BB, superman 64)

It's just so slow and the combat feels floaty, like the impact weapons have on enemies and on your player character is so light and weightless. Plus, poise is broken in every game but the first, getting poise broken and staggered while wearing some of the most heavy armor in the game by a short sword or dagger is very stupid. I agree that the weapon/armor variety in 2 is the best in the series.

Yeah, that is very true, a big part of the games is learning how things work, and if you already know that, part of the charm is gone. The other day I tried DaS3 at a friend's place and, while the Weapon Arts were an interesting addition, it didn't feel as charming as thrilling because you know how things function and it turns very formulaic. I can see that
But how would go about reinventing the wheel and making things feel fresh?

I haven't played it myself, but it sounds like Bloodborne, with its emphasis in speed and aggressiveness, in contrast with Dark Souls' more defensive, methodical focus, was a step in the right direction
I kind of wish now Dark Souls had some sort of Turbo Mode a la Devil May Cry

>Yes.
No. Dark Souls and Demon's Souls don't have them.

Why are you like this? You could just look this up in a sec and not appear as a mouthbreather.

Transform attacks are better than dual wielding no question but not that much better that the comparison isn't apt anymore.

Yes they do, retard.

>I haven't played it myself, but it sounds like Bloodborne, with its emphasis in speed and aggressiveness
As much as it targets this, it mostly falls bit flat on specifically just this. The problem is that there's no real difference between fast gameplay and allowing the player to just spam R1 and dodge a lot.

>Being so salty for being cucked out of playing BB, an objectively good and fun game, that you compare it to superman 64.
It's sad, really.

youtube.com/watch?v=NUm4hUOS4Dg

Is this what you're referring to? Do you honestly think this looks any better than the original?

It just looks like a sharper version of the exact same shit. Same cheap, plastic vibe because everything glows for no reason.

I often hear Dark Souls is somber and depressing - looks just plain washed out to me. Game wants to be dark but it also wants to be all shiny like animu.

At least Dark Souls 3 embraced the animu and looks just plain polished without much pretense involved.

DS3 has great bosses in the second half and great level design. World design was shit though, they should've at least let you get all the way to the princes with the dancer skip, the arbitrary key was bullshit.

Bloodborne is my favorite just on gameplay alone though. The dodges, the transformation attacks, and even the way the charge attacks work just feels so much more satisfying than Souls gameplay. I find myself consistently using both forms of my weapon and parries in BB while I found myself spamming R1 way too much in DS3.

[citation needed]

>Reinventing the wheel
>Hasn't played Bloodborne
You know nothing of wheels my child.

See how you don't defend DaS3 even though it is essentially the same game? You just have proven that you only like BB because it is exclusive.
Even if you now say "but I also like DaS3" that doesn't change anything. Because you don't feel the need to defend das3. The complaints against das3 are valid because it is not exclusive. But surely the people making the same complaints against BB are just salty they can't play it.

Meant for Also I disagree about DaS2 having the best movesets, they fucked with the claymore. At least 3 brought it back in all its glory with it's original moveset. I really liked 3 because 1 is my favorite and when playing 3 I redesigned my character from the first game. It felt like I was playing DaS1 again , which is all I ever wanted. They could just keep producing DLC for DaS1 and I'd be happy.

I'm not going to deny that it reaches out to players of their previous titles, but I don't think that's a bad thing.
The game is an overall improvement from the previous dark souls games imo. The only real problem is that the areas aren't all interconnected to the degree that DS1 was, which is a pretty minor thing in the long run.
The game builds upon the souls lore much better than DS2 ever did, the combat is indeed built upon what they have done in the past, but that's because when making a game you try to stick with what works.

I think your problem is that you've played too much souls games. I had that similar issue with Monster Hunter games when Generations came out. I've just reached the end of it all, and had no more interest in it. So I put it down for a while.

I don't think it was inherently a bad or even mediocre game. In fact in many ways it improved on prior titles. The problem is that they ran the series into the ground. Demon's Souls came out in 2009, then Dark Souls came out in late 2011, then there was DLC, then Dark Souls 2 in 2014, and three lots of DLC, then Bloodborne in 2015, and DLC, then Dark Souls 3 in early 2016 and more DLC. During the last three years we've had one of these games a year, plus the fact that knock-offs and wannabes have been coming out too. It's too much too quickly for this sort of game, and it shows as well in the quality, you can sometimes see corners being cut. It's the Assassin's Creed effect. They oversaturated this little genre and now it's gotten boring. I know why they did it, they hit the closest thing to mainstream success they've had in the entire lifespan of the company with these titles, and didn't want to stop the gravy train. They could have, it's not like they haven't got other IPs (make another Armored Core From I swear to god) but they wanted to make as much money as possible.

>they fucked with the claymore
I'm a religious hater of DaS2 movesets, but the claymore was ok.
R2 R2

>PC can't run DS3

I feel like I'm missing out big-time, bros.

youtube.com/watch?v=7H9eGcH2KvU
0:48, host starts his attack and the invader hits him with the DBS without staggering him.

It's going to be hard to find something that proves it in DaS because the game also has poise, but usually when starting a new playthrough I'm naked with the Zweihander to stay under 25% equip load and I definitely get hyper armour on some attacks.

You are not.

Dude, the entire game is built on intentionally withholding useful information. That's why players can leave messages in-game. It's designed as a puzzle box that people figure out together. Would be kind of a cool idea if you were figuring out something interesting rather than some batshit fantasy world with dead people, tits, magic flames and dachshund snakes which to anyone who isn't overly excited just signals "yep, it's Japanese".

So you can't just have fun bashing shit, you really have to pay attention to this world of autism if you don't want to fuck up. The internet wants me to believe this is the game's strength but alas, I'm not a weeb.

>DaS3 is the same as BB
Stay cucked, oh salty one.

Seriously though, see

But how does it work? How do you make a wheel spin to hit harder?

>pretty minor thing in the long run.
Actually it's minor for your first couple of playthroughs. In the long run, it sucks, because you do the same shit EVERY TIME. You can't even run ahead to get your favourite weapon like you nearly always can in DaS.

DaS3 has the same flaws at least.

That's right actually.

do you genuinely have autism

>Dude, the entire game is built on intentionally withholding useful information.
I just realized there was no real "fun" found between not getting it and getting it.
Seriously, I have vivid memories of those moments happening several times with DS3 and it just didn't click.
>It's designed as a puzzle box that people figure out together.
It would be so much more fun if it worked that way, but that's DaS1 basically.

You really aren't. The game isn't going anywhere and you can just wait until they repackage everything with the DLC.

Why are "Gamers" so retarded?

If you don't do anything else for several hundred hours of course it get's stale you stupid idiots.

>If you don't do anything else for several hundred hours of course it get's stale you stupid idiots.
So why don't you stop being a waste of space?

There's a whole canvas on which they could create a new process. A more complex system of acquiring gear would be a good first start. In all of the games, it basically boils down to either A) finding an item in the world or B) defeating a boss and talking to an NPC. Then you have a few that are faction rewards or drops from NPC reactions, neither of which you would likely ever figure out without reading a wiki. Just change what those few processes are, or increase their number.

The thing BB did best about changing it was decreasing the number of weapons IMO. DaS series games have hordes of weapons to pick from, so they're bound to be strictly categorized in the ways in which they are acquired. With a limited number of weapons to choose from, it is by default easier to make the process by which each is acquired unique without being convoluted. Fuck I would even welcome a system in which most weapons are acquired via different optional quest paths, but only if they changed that so you didn't have to read the fucking wiki to make sure you got to the end of it ok. The "quests" in the game currently fucking suck IMO.

MODS

>Setting? Stale and already fully explored
Taking the world to it's ultimate stage of decaying is exclusive and original to DS3 inside the series, and was well done.

>Lore? Does not exist.
Man I didn't even finish the game and I know there's a shitton of lore in DS3, the whole story about the Pontiff and it's followers, the lore of the Abyss Watchers, etc.

>Combat? Copy-pasted from previous titles and glued together into one unholy abomination, even when it clearly doesn't work.
Why? DS3 hits a pretty sweespot between DS1 and Bloodborne. I liked it. Not necessarily the better one but definitely not "creatively bankrupt".

>Level-design? Literally re-hash: the game. Most of the game is: "Hey guys, remember this area/item from Demons/Dark/Bloodborne? Yes, us too. Us gamers man, us gamers!"

The level design in 3 is among the best of the franchise m8, the fuck you're on.

Pro DS1:
>content pre-OandS is the best in the series
>amazing atmosphere and progression
>DLC is amazing
>exploration feels rewarding and everything feels open
>story is the most coherent

Contra DS1:
>content after OandS belongs to the worst of the series
>combat aged
>graphics aged
>multiplayer is either dead or a mess
>covenants are basic and partly broken

Pro DS2
>Fashion Souls
>not as open as DS1 but still pretty open
>shitload of weapons and movesets
>biggest amount of bosses in the series
>fun covenants for MP and SP
>huge variety of areas
>best PvP
>game lets you refight bosses without going NG+
>games story is a true sequel to DS1 and uses throwbacks and new material mostly alright
>NG+ offers extra content beyond items

Contra DS2:
>SM doesn't work as intended
>Designs can be clunky and ugly at times
>most bosses aren't all that impressive
>some parts of the lore are badly placed or just cheap pandering
>two edition jewing which divided the playerbase
>questionable mob placement

Pro DS3
>best graphics in the series
>most consistent quality in the series
>some fun covenant ideas like the Mound Maker or Aldrich Faithful
>some throwbacks are nice

Contra DS3
>Broken covenants like the Blademoons
>Lore makes zero sense after DS2
>More pandering than DS2 was
>PvP balance is off - No build variety
>DLC still not released

FROM has always been terrible at making the player feel at ease just playing through the game without worrying about potentially locking themselves out of a quest whenever they accomplish anything.

Now that you mention it, it's nothing actually special, but I really liked how, in Demon's, you would find the unique weapons stabbed in the ground, and your character would go up to them and pick them up. It was nothing too spectacular, but it sure made the moment feel special. It was a pretty cool little thing, and it's a shame that (to my knowledge) it wasn't done in the other games

That is weird, I am using inferior hardware to you and mine doesn't have issues. Try setting fps cap at 58, that will fix most issues with stuttering and the ladder gliding glitch becomes practically non-existent.

Made a new character, works smooth.

Of course it looks better than the original, the original is 720p 30 fps with fps drops and garbage textures.

Modded it is 1080p 60 (58) fps with HD textures.

Fuck off.

That mod makes it obvious what DS2 suffers from.

The fact that the game got developed for the PS3 and 360.

DS2 looks so weird because it has sharper textures on low polygons.

sewers and dungeons are easy to design, open cities aren't.

>Chosen Undead's poop jar from Dark Souls 1

what

>Irithyll
>open

lmao

>never knew this
>probably rolled throught hem
>rolling in shit
>Dark Souls 2

hehe, pottery eyeronik.

This was the best area in alll soulsborne games.

Best graphics, best atmosphere, best music, best boss at the end. God tier zone, will never ben surpassed.

Wherever you go, the moon still sets in Irithyll. Wherever you may be, Irithyll is your home.

Hey guys I just started playing DS.
I activated some gold sign on the floor and a white guy appeared and started killing all monsters and even killed the boss.
Is this normal?

Irithyll was the worst shit in DaS3. You get to that cliff and you're like "Holy shit time to explore Yharnam". Then it's like one street and a balcony.

F-91 is fucking shit

Dark Souls 3 should have been Mega Man Volnut and MSG Char's Counterattack

that means the best of the best

They are all on sale on humble, right? Which one should I buy?

>nothing about the actual level design or enemy encounters

I wonder why

Victory Gundam is the worst Tomino TV Gundam though

honestly all of them.
For all of the complaining and rating and stupid analogies, they're all solid games that are fun in their own right.

>using summons

Cancer casual. Let me guess, you also enjoy "playing"(watching) "games"(interactive movies), right?

Those are fantastic too, it is just shitters like you fags who don't have poise to perma block the ghost brides successive attacks that shitpost about how this zone is bad, how the enemy design is bad, because that zone and the enemies raped your shitter ass. Now go cry how DaS3 doesn't have pose some more, cancer shitters.

Ds2 had the worst pve in soulsborne

the one good thing it does right is the combat, netcode, and hit boxes
say what you want but formsoft nailed the mechanics on this one

That shit looks terrible.

I wish the pc crowd didnt happen
I remember the first thing you see when you boot up demons souls is this giant text saying "if you can find an exploit, use it. make the game easier on yourself"