FUCK THIS GUY

FUCK THIS GUY

I CAN NOT FUCKING BEAT HIM FOR THE LIFE OF ME. EVERY TIME I FIGHT HIM HE KILLS ME IN TWO HITS FROM HIS ROLLING AND WHEN HE IS NOT ROLLING HE IS SPAMMING HIS PROJECTILE THAT GETS RID OF A THIRD OF MY HEALTH. I EVEN TOOK HIS ARMOR OFF AND I CAN'T BEAT HIM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=53TPclyERKo
youtube.com/watch?v=opADNvgeZYY
youtube.com/watch?v=N8MuoxyZcl8&list=PLD5FA65F3FB1E2625
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Keep spamming lemons, practice dodging the roll.

Believe me, it does suck, but AA is reasonable...
UNLIKE VIOLEN

I'm sick of going through his shit stage every time

Violen is bullshit

BUT HEY REMEMBER BYTE

>people have trouble with x1

Enjoy x3

Get the armor upgrade, the health upgrades, and all the extra tanks, and go in with all filled up. If you still can't beat him, you seriously need to rethink being alive.

Spark Mandrill dude.

Do you have Spark Mandrill's weapon? If not, go get that. And some heart tanks. And the armor upgrade in Sting Chameleon's stage

People seriously find Armored Armadillo hard?
Next you'll tell me you get frozen against the Penguin

There's no way someone could have trouble with Chill Penguin right? I mean he's the first maverick you're supposed to go after.

Unless you're trying to beat the bosses with the buster only there's no reason for you to be losing to fucking armored armadillo. Even then he's not impossible to beat with buster only

But how? This game is piss easy. I'm pretty sure I beat it when I was 4 or 5 years old.

>not liking armored armadillo's stage

How fucking casual can you get, it's both fun AND easy as fuck.

Have you stepped your game up, Cred Forums?
youtube.com/watch?v=53TPclyERKo

Wow, you really suck at this game then. Give up, because you'll have to beat him again on the second to last level, and he's easier than bosses you'll encounter late game.

Spark Mandrill was troublesome for me until I realized you can cancel his charging punch with a charged shot.

Or you can sit there spamming ice shot until it dies. Literally fucking easiest boss in the game unless you're doing a buster only run.

*Teleports behind you*

How do I kill this asshole with the Buster?

Chameleon is kind of a dick too when he corners you and attacks you with his tongue.

That looks more annoying than anything.

Hey I can't beat anything with controllers too, cheer up. Only ever played the DOS port with keyboard, like 20 years ago.

That's the one with the abnormal underwater behavior, right?

Wouldnt know what is normal since I don't have a SNES, but I beat the Octopus no problem.

>The trickjump at 0:26 just to traverse through the stage
>He made the spider boss stupidly fast too
Fuck all of that.

Bit, Byte, Vile, Zero, Agile, they're all easy enough because they have a movement strategy.

Serges and Violen, NOPE, RNGesus.

>he defeats chill penguin first

>Not beating Chill first solely to get the dash

>he dashes
>he collects armor pieces
Gitgud

>Not getting the dash
>Going slow
Lol

Really? He was impossible for me when I was like, 7. Now he's piss easy. Just stand in a fucking corner when he rolls. If he comes toward you dash out of the way. Those projectiles are glacially slow too, so I have no idea how you would find those to be an issue.

Git gud, fgt

>not going for chill penguin first every time
>not getting dash boots

Holy shit how does someone this fucking shitty exist?

>stand in a corner

Not foolproof.

Yeah I played this. Made it through the intro stage and the 8 main bosses. They definitely amped things up. Off of what I remember
>Armored Armadillo and Flame Mammoth can't be damaged by standard buster shots because heavy armor, only charge shots will even scratch them and all damage they take is reduced by 50%, also Flame Mammoth can turn the floor and ceilings to lava
>Boomer Kuwanger teleports twice as often, also you can't walljump at all, the arena is cramped and has holes in it, tough as nails
>Chill Penguin's arena also has holes, and his belly slide is an instant kill
>Sting Chameleon is actually really easy because there's a swamp at the bottom of the arena, if you stay at the bottom his tongue can't reach you and his spikes vanish before reaching you
>Launch Octopus shoots twice as many missiles
>Spark Mandrill is pretty rough since you're forced to use the buster for at least half of the fight
>STORM EAGLE IS A MASSIVE DICKRIDING FAGGOT WHO FEELS THE NEED TO DIVE-BOMB YOU OFF THE TINY PLATFORMS AND INTO SPIKE PITS OR THE HOLE EVERY 4 SECONDS, ALSO THOSE TORNADOS ARE GAY

>The casual who needs the broken super armor to complete the game thinks he's in a position to talk

Get away from this thread and don't talk with us ever again.

hideofbeast

>Chill Penguin's arena also has holes, and his belly slide is an instant kill
>belly slide is an instant kill

Why?

That's why I said move if he comes toward you. It's so fucking easy to predict where he's going to go next, and you really don't have to move that far out of the way to dodge him. How do you expect to beat Sigma if you're this bad?

YOU GET gud

lol fuck off with your self-imposed artificial difficulty. The boots are intended for mandatory use to complete the game, otherwise the capsule containing them wouldn't block your path

>dashing - in integral part of megaman games since fucking 3 - is broken

I can't tell if this is bait or if you are literally mentally handicapped.

youtube.com/watch?v=opADNvgeZYY

WHO ORDERED RAPE

>The boots are intended for mandatory use to complete the game

This is an interesting point, is it possible to complete the game without the boots?

Can you even get through the platform section in Sigma's Fortress 1?

>tfw beating a boss with the buster only

>dashing is broken
>the stupid headbutt is broken
>the buster you get one way or another is broken

Yes, I did it back when keyboards didn't let you press three buttons at once.

It's more than possible to complete X1 without dashing

X2 is a different story though since that game literally was designed around having the dash maneuver from the start (still possible but requires some working around)

youtube.com/watch?v=N8MuoxyZcl8&list=PLD5FA65F3FB1E2625

For one, I'm not OP.

Secondly, you are massively underestimating the margin of error where you run smack into the attack or just nick it. Especially without the Dash.

>without the Dash

What is this meme?

>sliding is the same thing as dashing

I beat this game when I was seven. Git gud, faggot.

Dash is mapped to the A button

It's not a meme - if some poor bastard selected AA on their first ever blind run, they're screwed.

There are passwords to start you with Chill Penguin defeated and no boots. So its doable, at least password wise.

Still, Im not the other dude but I feel playing without the boots is more satisfying. Storm Eagle was the first vidya boss I ever defeated and I did it without the boots. And what a fucking battle that was.

Developers realized dash was such an important move, that you automatically start with it in every other X game and some MM original games.

Also, the dash boot capsule is unavoidable in X1. You literally have to take that move to even finish the game. Why would you neglect one of the most important and satisfying mechanics in the entire game series? What the fuck is wrong with you? Are you stupid?

Well, that's two flaws.

MMX isn't a 10/10. Damn.

I have the hardest time with the ancient mega mans. Maybe it's because I started with the PS1 ones, but I can do x4, x5, x6, etc but not MM1-6, or x1-x3.
Did you know you can use other robot powers to take down some bosses faster?

Really? He's easy, dude.

His projectile is fucking slow, and he bounces in ridiculously predictable line.

Actually, I want to see you fight Wheel Gator in X2. That'd be fucking hilarious.

>Why would you neglect one of the most important and satisfying mechanics in the entire game series? What the fuck is wrong with you? Are you stupid?

Either a masochist or someone who enjoys self imposed challenges? Kinda like fighting against your mortal enemy while wearing really heavy gear that only hinders you?

I don't know because I never choose any stage that wasn't Icy Penguigo's on my runs.

How in the fuck am I suppose to beat this fucking guy?

the actual fun of AA is his stage

>that slow down
Why was it so satisfying back then but not people lose their shit at fps drops

Thank you, I don't get to use this image in a thematic context very often.

for a "mega" man he runs too slow. dash makes the game playable

Not really. Going after Chill Penguin and getting the boots first is optimal, but most stages are designed to be pretty difficult without the dash. They're doable if you're really really good, but they definitely will kill an inexperienced player.

Now, if you're a kid and a stage kicked your ass without even getting to a single checkpoint, what do you do when you hit the continue screen? You pick another stage. Last time, your odds of picking the right stage were 1/8. Now they're 1/7, and next time they'll be 1/6, 1/5, 1/4, etc.

Megaman X was also released during a time when kids expected to die a lot in order to learn the game. We didn't have Dark Souls, because every fucking game was Dark Souls. (Hell, ALttP's Turtle Rock dungeon has a boss you literally can't kill without a weapon found somewhere else)

It was part of the design for players to get their shit pushed in until they picked the "right" stage.

Besides, Chill Penguin isn't the only boss you can fight first. Sting Chameleon and Launch Octopus aren't too bad to fight.

what a short level

Back then when stuff slowed down it felt like a movie or cartoon where they'd do slowmotion to emphasize cool moments, nowadays it just looks weird when it happens during looking at shadows or grass

The fucking heatman one was worse
>instead of dashing across the screen it stops right under you

Back then it meant that the game was pushing the hardware to or even past its limits.
Now it's just a sign of lazy programming or overly ambitious design. When a game can do twice as much as another but the latter has stuttering and slowdown, you know someone isn't doing their job well.

>all the stuff that's skipped because you can just ride the platform
Also, I don't think those birds at the end appear in any other stage. Weird.

I don't know, but I always loved it too. It gave my mind time to really take it all in during those crazy moments.

I always imagined them like an adrenaline rush, because it slows down time, gives you a better response and only happen during insane/overwhelming moments that would probably kill you otherwise.

>(Hell, ALttP's Turtle Rock dungeon has a boss you literally can't kill without a weapon found somewhere else)
I know a lot of people will call this bad game design but is it really?

I'm pretty sure someone somewhere tells you that you absolutely need the magic of ice and tells you that you'd better bring a magic potion to be safe.

Even then, it's easy to go and pick up the ice rod because the Ocarina can take you straight to the corner of the map where it's hidden.

That's kind of what I figured. A lot of what people call "bad game design" are the same kinds of people who just keep pressing A to blow past dialogue and don't bother interacting with NPCs unless it's obvious as fuck that they have a quest or something (i.e. Diablo 3)

>not doing Storm Eagle first

Faggots, all of you.

>Megaman X was also released during a time when kids expected to die a lot in order to learn the game. We didn't have Dark Souls, because every fucking game was Dark Souls.
>It was part of the design for players to get their shit pushed in until they picked the "right" stage.

Kinda going on a tangent here but that was done only due to technological constraints of the time. You can beat MMX and indeed most games of its kind in one sitting (hell many games of the sort didn't even have password saves much less battery saves), making the game about extreme amounts of memorization/trial and error was the way to pad it off and offer a meaningful amount of playtime for what was a very expensive product back in the day. MMX is extremely lenient though, I'll admit.

It's the kind of thing that nowadays would get looked down upon as lazy game design and rightly so. And before you say it no, Dark Souls doesn't rely on that nearly as much.

This is the only SNES MMX stage boss that's a challenge to beat without any upgrades or weapons.

Magma Dragoon, there is a reason he's notorious.

>SNES

I want to say it is, but LttP is pretty dang small considering. You feel compelled to explore, it's fun to run with the pegasus boots, I know I found the ice rod myself without a guide (but also never talking to NPCs)

FUCKING FUCK YOU HORNET
YOU WERE THE FIRST FUCKING STAGE
YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE EASY
FUCK YOU NIGGER
FUCK YOU

You physically have to get the Dash to beat the game. Unless you're a scrub and you use passwords