It's coming up to 20 years since the last proper game in the Lunar series

Jose Sanders
Jose Sanders

What caused the bitterness feeling? I think you should give it another shot honestly. It added just enough new content to feel fresh, but also kept it straightforward enough to feel like the original.

Brody Jackson
Brody Jackson

Fuck man. Working Designs had the best game boxes and extra stuff. I still have my Pendant from Lunar 2.

Michael Scott
Michael Scott

That's an understatement. I honestly miss these type of collectors editions. They felt natural somehow.

Benjamin Ramirez
Benjamin Ramirez

The songs made me bang my head against a wall when I first heard them. What I heard from the voice acting I felt was pretty bad too. For example...
SSSC
youtu.be/cn7t-9s1tSU?t=38m38s
SSH
youtu.be/9yfeXtBYIyM?t=39m46s
Also, I'm not a fan of the sprites and field graphics, and that they took out the overworld. I felt it was bad enough to remove battles from the overworld in SSSC, but completely removing it felt just plain wrong. But like I said, I'm not as mad anymore, so I may give it a try.

Bentley Gutierrez
Bentley Gutierrez

Their foil stamped manuals on Sega CD were the bomb too. I'm never giving up mine.

Austin Taylor
Austin Taylor

I see what you mean, but personally don't think it's enough to deterrent a playthrough. Who knows it may even end up surprising you once it's over.

Looks awesome user. Never owned a Sega CD, but always loved the case for the games.

Isaac Barnes
Isaac Barnes

I really like Shining Force and I've played a fair bit of JRPGs since then. What are the games actually like?

Brody Campbell
Brody Campbell

Check this out

Thomas Reed
Thomas Reed

It's a pretty typical turn based JRPG, closest comparison would be Grandia and Trails in the Sky, where a fair deal of your character's positioning on the battle grid matters. Battles are very challenging (since Working Designs cranked up the difficulty so people couldn't beat the games in a rental period), but the toughest bosses are immensely satisfying. The story is simple, but the execution and worldbuilding is amazing. If you're not much of a storyfag, it probably won't impress you much.

Carson Perez
Carson Perez

Sounds good, I've enjoyed JRPGs that were carried entirely on the story and ones that had almost no story at all, like Legend of Legacy.

Lincoln Lee
Lincoln Lee

Play it then. I would recommend playing the Sega CD versions first and the Playstation versions second, but just playing the Playstation versions is fine too.

Jeremiah Nelson
Jeremiah Nelson

Ok I'll try and get an emulator working on this shitty busted laptop. Been having a LOT of issues with Retroarch.

Jose Baker
Jose Baker

Use Bizhawk. Bizhawk's PS1 emulator uses Mednafen's and is a lot more user friendly for desktops.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit