If Android is based on Linux, how difficult would it be to port a DE like MATE, E17 or LXQT to android?

If Android is based on Linux, how difficult would it be to port a DE like MATE, E17 or LXQT to android?

Why hasn't it been done yet?

I want to recycle my old phone and use it as a low powered PC of some sort.

Why don't you do it, fucktard?

>
Linux is just a kernel.
What you're describing is GNU/Linux.
Android is not GNU/Linux.

Why so hostile?

It doesn't use X11.
You can run X11 and then run any of those proggies no problem. I usually use Arch as a base. Install it into a chroot, then forward your X apps to the X app in Android

Oh and please don't post ugly shit like niggers on this board. They have no relevancy to technology.

Fucking nazi.

Please, dear user, enlighten me. What does OP's image have to do with technology?

Why does OP's image bother you so, when the thread is completely Cred Forums related?

If you don't like it, I'm sure /reddit/ will welcome you with open arms.

Well I already answered OP's question and afterwards let him know that images like this are considered bad etiquette. If you don't care for the rules on Cred Forums (seriously, go read them - you're trolling for responses WAY too hard) then perhaps you should not post here.

Stupid namefag attention whore.

Thank fuck for filters :^)

All of these can be run in a chroot environment on Android without modifications.... very poorly. Most people don't use them on Android, however, because they are not designed for small touch screens.

It is worth noting that not all racists are nazis.

>Stupid namefag attention whore.
>giving him attention

Also I bet you $50 that you read this post anyway

Yeah but I want to use my phone with hdmi out and a Bluetooth k/m.

A desktop DE would be nice to have...
Like remixOS but in reverse

There has been some development of ubuntu phone and a plasma ui phone. Haven't really been following that though.

Yeah, then you'd definitely want a chroot environment. You'll basically be able to run any Desktop Linux application that supports ARM. That said, you can't use Android applications in that Desktop environment, sadly.

How much of a performance hit will I see?
As long as I can run a good media player like VLC, 1080p playback, then that's good enough for me.

It's a nexus 5. Snapdragon 800, 2GB ram.

vlc has an android app >_>

>If you'd kindly look at the rules on Cred Forums
What a bitch, what are you 12? You have the right to be racist and the other poster has the right to call you out.

>Why hasn't it been done yet?
Unity and KDE

>implying I don't have the right to complain about people posting irrelevant things, especially when I don't like those things

Ubuntu phone is still a thing? How far along are they?

stop posting niggers

hide and sage

Saged!

>VLC
>good media player

>performance hit
Well, you're not actually emulating anything, for starters. You're just creating a sandbox and importing a couple of ARM Linux tools. So there's not really a "performance hit", although it will likely perform worse than your standard desktop, because it's an ARM processor.

Also, as has been pointed out, there's a VLC application on Android. It's pretty decent.

It is.

I've yet to experience a video it can't open/play, and it's available on just about every platform.

Don't cut yourself on that edge

>whay is a google?