I'm a check in agent at a major airline

All the stereotypes are true.

>Indians hand me sticky passports and/or sticky handles on their bags
>Americans are usually friendly, save for middle aged white women.
>British people are funny and the older men are full of bantz
>Africans overpack their bags and chimp out when they can't get away with 45 kilos.

What's your nationality? We take the shit out of everyone.

Isn't your job being automated at light speed?

How much do you get paid?

I'm scared of you when I get my luggage checked in.

$15.00 per hour. It's not too horrible I guess. Higher pay = more experience.

Most people don't use the self check in. They just stare blankly and walk up to us. We also have to report to the gate to board pax so we're kinda useful lol.

I like French people. They're usually quiet and cute. The Germans come off as quiet and autistic.

That looks like Schiphol desu

>check in agent
I haven't used that for years. Literally just display a qr code on your phone, scan it at the gate and proceed to security these days.

I got it off google images. I'm not actually going to post my airline and airport, lmao.
They keep me because I'm good looking and friendly. :-)

>check in agent
What the fuck is that? Is this mandatory? Whot does it do?

I don't want to know the truth about Poles tbqh

Ukrainian women either look like lesbians or beauty queens. No in between. Men don't smile.
Haven't checked in many Poles. In general people from central Europe are extremely autistic and introverted.

they look at your passport and say
>Ukraine? Sorry, no such country

Do us, do us

So is it mostly older people who need your help?

I only remember checking in one Australian guy. He was an old dude going to London. The London airport code is similar to the Lahore airport code and this is when I was first starting out so:
my dumbass:
>Lahore is your final destination?
Aussie
>I hope not!
*lets out huge laugh*
It was embarrassing but he made me feel better.

Salty much?

inb4 rich looking people still wearing tracksuits or some savage hillbillies

Ever met any Norwegians?

No. Most people check in their bags so therefore they automatically go up to the check in agents. Very rarely do people travel with just carry on, in which case they just do self check in.

tell me about Italians, Arabs, Spaniards and Turks

Going with my countrys stereotype, I ask what kind of passengers are Finns?

My guess is drunk/tipsy

Any Gr*eks?

Any Irish?

Russians don't smile. They're not mean or anything, they're just really neutral and stern I guess. They never really give me shit so I like them.
Don't get many VKO pax. They all go to Lufthansa.
Nope :(
Italians - I love them. They're usually friendly and funny.
Turks - I hate. The women usually have bleached blonde hair, lip injections, and think way too highly of themselves. And men are rude and bitch about their seats. I had a Turkish guy who wanted an exit row seat and when we told him none were available he refused to leave the counter.
Arabs -
Jordanians/Palestinians/Lebanese are usually nice and I never had a problem with them.
The Saudis/Bahrainis/Qataris will literally throw their passport at you and be on their phone the whole time.
Spaniards - Like Italians, really nice.

I had one passenger from Finland and she was really odd. Her carry on was overweight but she didn't want to get rid of her books so she nearly missed her flight. I got lesbian vibes.
I love greek passengers. The younger men and women are goofy/helpful/nice and the older folks treat me like I'm their own grandkid.
Same with TIR passengers.
Eh, I honestly don't remember.

Tell us about the chinks lad
>Mainland
>Taiwanese
>HK/Diaspora

:(

Clueless. I guess it's because of the language barrier.
For some reason this Asian kid (he looked like he had to be 15) opened an emergency exit door and set off the alarms. It was obvious you shouldn't open. They're big with red writing saying no entry.

Must be bias on my end, since I travel with only a backpack. Don't need three pairs of shoes for a two day trip.

>The Germans come off as quiet and autistic.
I can see why you say that. Like when they have all their travel documents neatly stored in a plastic zipper bag and go super fidgety when they get closer to the counter.

saudis/gulf staters are pure cancer in every domain. I long for the day their oil money vanish.

You ever encountered former Yugos ?
What about us ?

leafs?

Swede on vacation in Japan

How are Swedes?

>travel documents neatly stored in a plastic zipper bag
that was so accurate it hurt, man.
They're not malicious and don't go out of their way to be rude, but well, they just are.
We had a VIP Business passenger from Saudi Arabia who tried to downgrade another business passenger so his dog could get his own seat. I shit you not.
Yeah. A huge chunk of our passengers fly to ZAG/SJJ/TIR/SOF and they're ok.
Albanians are really cheap and sometimes can be nasty when they're under stress (show up late for boarding, overweight bags), Bosnians and Croatians are chill.
We don't get many Serbians. But that's because there's not much of a diaspora in this part of of the US.
Yeah but not to ruffle your jimmies but most Canadians we get are of Lebanese descent.

Story time about a Swedish family I checked in, lol.
They were all tall and blonde and gorgeous. Their daughter was like 11 and looked like a model. Anyway, after I checked them in and gave them their boarding passes, the wife and kids walk off. Then the husband goes up to another check in agent and tells her how beautiful she is and asked for her Facebook.
This nigga. His wife was so sweet too.
mfw

It's okay.
He is swedish

The daughter probably isn't his.
And wife only some of the time.

The guy you just described went out his way to be an asswipe to another customer. kind of contradict what you just said.

I'm almost afraid to ask, but any romanians?

>airline check in agents go on Cred Forums
thank you for giving me even more anxiety at airports.

>Frog-Meme-Tumblr-15.png

Well if they're nice to me it's cool. The other passenger had no idea, and of course we didn't allow it. He vowed to never fly our airline again.

But in general they're usually scum.
Yeah, quite a few. I don't mind them. They usually have perfect weighed bags, don't ask a lot of obvious questions, and don't try to be smart asses. I like them.
Guys I just use google images :(
No it's probably just me. But we usually talk shit about passengers after you're on the plane.

Or intentionally change your seats if you were a dick.
>middle row seat for u bitch

I actually laughed out loud.
:3 Any (white) South Africans?

That's fair, I guess.

>Americans are usually friendly, save for middle aged white women.
Sums it up pretty well. Menopause makes them bitchy as fuck and they're as bad as dindus when they come into a store or buisiness.

What about Dutch and Belgians?

On which airport you work at?

>need special seating arrangements because they're all 2 metres tall
and
>passports get rejected because they're pretty much a non-country

Flying economy is only doable for us if it is 3 hours or less, never mind trying to sleep in those tiny ass seats.

We have one tan South African guy who looks mixed and he always flies business, and quite frequently. He's humble.
I had one white South African, but he sounded weird and gave me white trash die antwoord vibes as he was dressed like a hood rat.
True, not all, but a big enough chunk to make note.
The friendliest, I honestly think. And they hardly ever have a lot to check in. I never had any negative experiences with them.

It's usually just with Africans/gulf Arabs and occasionally South Asians.

edit
I have never seen a Dutch business passenger, though.

My father flew to the US business class back in the day.

On his first flight the airline lost his suitcase with all his clothing and the customs agent started shouting at him because he thought my dads passport implied he was born in the 16th month of the year. With a good amount of restraint he refrained from asking that guy if he was a retard.

What airport was his flying into?

Secondary is a rough place, lmao. Did they place him there?

I believe Washington but this was in the 80s or 90s.

He still thinks it's strange this one large and wealthy country cant get their shit together when it comes to airport customs.

Here, have hard mode

OP already said they don't like African passengers.

Nice thread :3
I wish int had more like these

heard it a hundred times, why are americans too stupid to come up with good banter? lead on the water?

that's like the third Cred Forums related thread I've seen this year

not sure about most other brits but whenever I've gone your experience seems about right. They tend to joke about with the staff at the border control especially

Have you met any colombians? What are your thoughts on us? Be as honest as possible pls

This is only the fourth post on Cred Forums by a German I've actually found funny in years.

In slavic countries smiling for no reason is seen as stupid

What about iranians? Do you get many of them?

well yeah
why should i smile if i'm just handing a passport
here, do your job, i leave you alone, thank you, goodbye

This is what happens if you take communism.

Grim.

Do you guys get too many mules from here?

Fucking Egyptian passengers always giving me shit. *rage mode*
There was an Egyptian guy who ran down the belt to retrieve his bag to lock it and he busted his ass in the process.
Yeah, they usually go to Rome though. Like all the South Americans. Maybe to see the Vatican? Idk
Yeah they're really nice and well off. They always gas me up and tell me how nice/sweet/attractive I am. Probably to get nice seats and extra baggage allowance lmao.

It's the same here...

no its not, we have a bit of banter with someone while waiting but god-forbid you make eye contact with someone on the train.

Nah whenever I go through British passport control me and the lad checking me tend to at least exchange a how was your day. More often than not they'll crack a joke as well

What about black Americans?

Probably. Although most colombians in Europe live in Spain. There are 150k over there

Cred Forums related threads get posted all the time but only the cancer gets more than three replies

I'm American.

I like India a lot - hence the reason I'm here - but they're awful at airports. They always bring two bags over their allowed limit and spend fifteen minutes arguing with the check-in agent about getting fees waived.

Please tell me about my country

Japanese

Korean

Chinks

go

what about pastaniggers?