Who else /patriotic depression/ here?

I'd really like to be patriotic and to love my homeland the thing is I struggle to find anything to be proud of related to my country.

We aren't some total manlet country, but still we are really small both in terms of area and population compared to actual powers and completely irrelevant. Sure we aren't Africa/Ukraine tier shithole but just cross the western border and you will be in a country where people earn 2-3x more for doing the exactly same thing. We have some history, but it's mostly a history of being mediocre - we have never done anything significant which would influence the globe atleast a bit even smaller countries like the Netherlands, Portugal or Sweden managed to be more relevant than we did. We have Copernicus and Sklodowska-Curie but basically that's all, our scientific contribution is laughable compared to the West and can be matched by Hungary alone. There are no famous globally recognizeable Polish brands, even the Czechs have Skoda, the Finnish have Nokia, Estonia has Skype. We don't have any great landmarks(the most known is a fucking soviet palace), our cities are total mess and can't be compared to beautiful Prague or Budapest. We weren't ever really succesful at sports either

We are utterly mediocre at almost anything and it makes me really, really sad.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nM-p8PGn3CI
youtube.com/watch?v=ozhaXCRQYos
youtube.com/watch?v=cRDoknf3eYU
youtube.com/watch?v=3jWNvySD1MI
youtube.com/watch?v=FdhNKOf1dmc
youtube.com/watch?v=mzGWT30mUgo
youtube.com/watch?v=3tVOxxFc2QQ
de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berliner_Pfannkuchen
youtube.com/watch?v=mYJ1_RG2xS4
youtube.com/watch?v=SGjF1HtHdvU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

iktf, but at least I try to not hate it, self haters are obnoxious

meh, poland just needs to continue growing its economy, you have everything it takes
you just had the "luck" of living under russian authority, you barely recovered from that

You have a glorious past and are the only one to really made a Thermopile battle.

kys

There is literally nothing wrong woth my country

Yeah OP I feel similar. Such is life in weak irrelevant failed country located between two ultra relevant countries.

> russia
> ultra relevant
> in 2016
well about that...

Keeping a low profile isn't as bad as you think. Everyone hates my country and wishes for it's destruction.

As relevant as Germany

Only the people who don't have anything to be pround of themselves are trying to find someting to be pround of what they didn't have any impact with.

tl;dr you are a failure in life if only your country makes you proud.

At least your nrightest minds, the only ones that could shape a better future, aren't leaving your country for better pa-

>poland

oh, right

That's because you're mediocre yourself.

You are good at plumbing

memes apart, your nationality don't make you a good or bad person.
In any case Poland is still better than 80% of the world, so enjoy it

this tb h

Why is it hard as a European country to be proud? You guys all have such a rich history you can simply look to for this.

we're not all muslims yet m8

hmmm, Russia is lot of things, but irrelevant isnt one of them

they are ultra relevant you hear news about Russia and Putin all the time, they heavily influence global politics

>We aren't some total manlet country, but still we are really small both in terms of area and population
Thank Chmielnicki and Radziwiłł, later Hitler and Stalin.
>We have some history, but it's mostly a history of being mediocre - we have never done anything significant which would influence the globe atleast a bit
Completely ignorant.
>We have Copernicus and Sklodowska-Curie but basically that's all,
Oh you uneducated moron.
>There are no famous globally recognizeable Polish brands,
Thank WW2 and communism.
>We don't have any great landmarks(the most known is a fucking soviet palace), our cities are total mess and can't be compared to beautiful Prague or Budapest.
Thank WW2 and communism.

Poland doesn't have rich history.

>We aren't some total manlet country, but still we are really small both in terms of area and population
Thank Chmielnicki and Radziwiłł, then Targowica, and lastly Hitler and Stalin.
>We have some history, but it's mostly a history of being mediocre - we have never done anything significant which would influence the globe atleast a bit
Completely ignorant.
>We have Copernicus and Sklodowska-Curie but basically that's all,
Oh you uneducated moron.
>There are no famous globally recognizeable Polish brands,
Thank WW2 and communism.
>We don't have any great landmarks(the most known is a fucking soviet palace), our cities are total mess and can't be compared to beautiful Prague or Budapest.
Thank WW2 and communism.
Oh fuck off cuck.

Now you are exagerrating m8, Poland has quite some history and pressed its stamp on history, in a more modest fashion perhaps than France of Germany, but still firmly and as a fellow European nation.

I just watched an old American movie where they roleplayed as hussars preparing for a duel, a perfect example.

>Thank WW2 and communism.

Rather thank polish untermenschness and total lack of creativity

pic related, polish philosopher
you can see intelligence illuminating from him

>Poland doesn't have rich history
Jesus christ man it's starting to sound like you don't want to be proud.
You're one of the few countries who are actually known around the world too. Isn't that something to be proud of?

If you have trouble being patriotic try to be patriotic here in Portugal.
I don't even know who my ancestors were. As long as i know they could have been celts, germanics, berbers, arabs, jews, you name it... It's way harder to find your root you know? You always feel like you don't belong anywhere

>Now you are exagerrating m8, Poland has quite some history and pressed its stamp on history, in a more modest fashion perhaps than France of Germany, but still firmly and as a fellow European nation.
Our history is completely unknown to average Westerner. Yes you maybe now something about it but Cred Forums people are in general quite knowledgeable when it comes to history(compared to average people)
>You're one of the few countries who are actually known around the world too.
Are we?

>who are actually known around the world too.

Surprisingly yes. Part of it is likely a historical aspect with WW2 though. Many Americans know of Poland though.
I'm using American idiots as a benchmark too, and more of them actually labelled Poland correctly than Germany.
t. did a map labeling experiment on campus

you're starting to sound like those German cucks, keep your fucking chin up you fucking pshek

Just end yourself.

>small both in terms of area and population
The obvious solution is to take back your clay, clay stolen from you by your historical oppressors

Dude, poland has lots of history for fucks sake!
You guys were fierce warriors and bulky motherfuckers.
Look at Portugal... What do we have to be proud?
Being a colony of England since our independence? Slaughtering innocent natives and creating global slavery? Being failed sneaky merchants? Wasting all the gold with the vatican with no purpose at all besides vanity? Being quiet humble people who are afraid of those in power?

I could go all day with this. Just because you guys are poor now it doesn't mean there's no hope

>Our history is completely unknown to average Westerner.
youtube.com/watch?v=nM-p8PGn3CI

Neither does the United States but we continue being one of the most patriotic

He's just BS-ing hard.

You used to have alot of Jews before the Polish death camps started. That's something at least.

Don't turn this thread into a fucking shame contest.
I swear to god, Europeans confuse me...

>Being a colony of England since our independence?

What?

now that's the spirit kurwa

Fifth column.

Ugly language, bad cuisine, very shitty people, terrible politicians, boring countryside and shitty culture, hideous cities, shitty music and cinema, pathetic army, neo-colonial economy with almost non-existant native industry and the list goes on.

Poland is literally the shitbucket of europe
Its as big as germany with half the population and nothing impressive ever came out of it
Never won a war or start an empire
Sucks ball at sports of any kind
Implied huge happy merchantish population but sucks shit at finance and economics
Hitler literally see the poles as subhumans and wants polish clay so he can populate the aryans from germany in it.
Any average person will only know poland as "that country that was annihilated by the germans in the WWII".
Most are surprised it still exist.
Most people cant even find poland on the map and consistently mistook poland for either hungary or austria.
Its a country that is consistently bullied by countries around it and have absolutely no power to fight back due to its absolute low morale within its army and people.
Poland is so uninteresting and dull that nobody, even the arabs or the indians(well known for their immigration to western countries) wants to live there
Poland was supposed to be extinct and the amazement of it continuing its pathetic life like a dying rat is what makes poland literally the shithole of europe.

So fucking useless and incompetent you mistook it as a 3rd world country.

>Neither does the United States but we continue being one of the most patriotic
We have the richest history of any country at anytime in history. USA USA USA!!!

You are a fucking superpower since atleast 1918 how is 100 years of being a superpower not a rich history?

I'd say being badass sailors and
>Slaughtering innocent natives and creating global slavery
Isn't all that bad.

i come from northern ireland
there is literally nothing to be proud of

The Polish Lithuanian commonwealth has been at its peak one of the strongest European powers.

Sure you weren't alone but that's something.

I like this pasta

here's your (You)

Because it's only a hundred years. New world countries can't into history. My city was established in the 1930s

>Read post
>I bet it's a cuck country
>check flag
>Sweden
YES!

>at its peak one of the strongest European powers

It was a weak decentralised shithole without even proper roads (so the rivers had to be used as means of transport like in modern DR Congo)

It's true and it escalated troughout history.
There's no denying that the english always had Portugal under it's grasp.

Almost all that you said is the same for Portugal besides bad cuisine, ugly language and shitty music (cause now we are a Cred Forums country)

>Poland was supposed to be extinct and the amazement of it continuing its pathetic life like a dying rat is what makes poland literally the shithole of europe.

This is the best description i've ever seen of my own country.
Mr. Polishman, you are not alone in this misery

Well Poland was a strong regional power for 500 years with some pauses and an European great power for 200 years with few colonies (two) in the Caribbeans and Africa.

Poland

BUT YOU WUZ POPE

>It was a weak decentralised shithole without even proper roads
It wasn't a shithole you retard. There were perks to it being centralised in terms of personal freedoms and rights. Poles were the most free Europeans during the late middle ages and during the renaissance. The Commonwealth was never totalitarian in nature, which brought both positives and negatives.
youtube.com/watch?v=ozhaXCRQYos

>and an European great power for 200 years

>Almost all that you said is the same for Portugal besides bad cuisine, ugly language and shitty music (cause now we are a Cred Forums country)
Recommend me some good Portuguese music then. I love the Portuguese language desu.

*decentralised
But yeah, what brought it down was traitor nobles and magnates like Chmielnicki and Radziwill's.

I don't know much about that

Examples of Portugal being our bitch pls?

Nice street btw.

Well, i'll post some stuff:

>youtube.com/watch?v=cRDoknf3eYU

>youtube.com/watch?v=3jWNvySD1MI

>youtube.com/watch?v=FdhNKOf1dmc

>youtube.com/watch?v=mzGWT30mUgo

Don't overestimate the general historical knowledge of the average Western normie. The level of education has dropped dramatically. If they didn't see it in an American movie or a Discovery Channel documentary they don't know. (The problem is more their know-it-all mentality whilst in reality they know very little.)

But anyone with a knack for European history knows about Poland. And your cards aren't all played yet either, further growth of your economy will put you more and more on the forefront in the coming decades.

youtube.com/watch?v=3tVOxxFc2QQ

Thank you Bolan

Well, your language is spoken by 1/4 billion people

why are these fucking lamps so densely placed? it looks retarded

>And your cards aren't all played yet either, further growth of your economy will put you more and more on the forefront in the coming decades.
Please don't tell me about economic growth because we've barely just reached 60% of the EU average and now our growth is slowing down drammatically due to new pathetic government which can't into finances. We'll never be on par with the West.

Lel, did it really go down like that?

I knew we had some special alliance with Portugal I didn't realise we abused you guys with it

Sorry that we're such dicks

t. Irrelevant

perfidious Albion

You don't even know the meaning of mediocre, literally all we have is WE WUZ, other than that we are the blandest and most boring country in terms of history

faggot

you have Lego and Carlsberg desu

At least you have legos.

The eternal anglo
Never forgive, never forget

It's only been 2.5 decades since the fall of communism, we can safely state that ex-commie within the USSR sphere countries are 50 years behind in an economical sense and have not known the golden age of the 50s and 60s.

Of course you have a better view on things from the inside, whilst we tend to see it from a distance, I don't want to start a pep-talk but I don't have the impression the political situation today is alarming.

Because... PRZEKRĘTY KURWA TRZEBA ZAROBIĆ CO NIE?
Postkomuna taka kochana...

dawno nie postowales pod starym tripem koriab

Pls forgive ;_;

Reading this post I had a vision of you in a darkened room building a big viking ship in lego whilst drinking carlsberg with teary eyes.

Your DNA is pretty irrelevant to your patriotism, since people with the same mix were the ones that achieved the greatest things in this country already, so it stands on its own and is no excuse for striving for less nowadays, desu.

Now that i think of it...
Well, at least you have really cool historical warriors to roleplay to

Yes, but it's always boring to be mixed.
It's harder to roleplay in my autistic "ancestor" fantasies when i don't know who my ancestors were.

Pacz to...

He's our mascot here, with a mind of a mascot. He will shit on his fatherland, because he was taught he can do so and nobody will give a fuck about that. What he doesn't know though, and will never consciously admit, is that such attitude was disseminated here by our Soviet 'friends'. We were basically brainwashed to become cannon fodder in the upcoming WW3, when our country was destined to become nuclear wasteland.

He's just this type of guy, with mind perfectly prepared to live, prosper and maybe even to be leader of the people in such conditions. Hence his bitterness.

I think the Celtiberians (Lusitanii) were always in the majority. I know that the Suebi represented about 1-2% of the total population, it will probably be something similar with the other ones you named.

It also depends on where exacly you live, your surname and genealogy if you want to find it out on a personal level. A DNA test perhaps?

>Inventing paczki
Literally all the world needs

It is a bit exaggerated. We called upon the alliance some 4 or 5 times (counting the battle just before it).

Portugal called it more often (we were under attack more often), but we also helped Britain out when Napoleon/WWI Germany were asking for our cooperation.

The 2 biggest things England did against us were not calling on their corsairs to leave our ships alone (after our armada had already become small) and the pink-map debacle.

The other times both countries benefited either by remaining independent or by having a battlefield to destroy the French/Spanish which were always the enemies of the Portugal/England duo, and in the case of England, not being cucked out of the European trade.

Sure, the pink map was a bit of a dick-move, but both countries have lost the disputed terrain before doing anything with it, really, so I'm mostly fine. I don't have to like the Brits to respect them, and at least we clearly picked the winning team.

Fuck the frogs.

Your ancestors matter as much as the sailors' ancestors.

Look, it's okay to be ashamed about how far we'e fallen, but realise that we started with even less and reached heights lots of countries would love to have in their resume.

If you feel ashamed for being tan or brown or a poo-in-loo Portuguese while thousands of them sailed the ocean in search for something better to do, you're a moron. The "greatness" of the white race that comes from conquering the world started with us alone at first, so if we're not "white", then the "greatness" of the white becomes the greatness of the Portuguese.

Now grow a pair and do something for your descendants to be proud of instead.

>mfw reading this whole post
I see you're not only an attention whore, but also an uneducated retard, unless it's just bait (and I really hope it is)
Here's your (You), now crawl back to kara and kys

I'll eventually do the test but i'm currently not available to spend 100€ in a DNA test but i'll do it.
I'm already prepared for the worse... even if i'm a sephardi i'll endure it

Here, have some. Smacznego!

>What he doesn't know though, and will never consciously admit, is that such attitude was disseminated here by our Soviet 'friends'. We were basically brainwashed
These are sadly the effects of this for five decades.
>become cannon fodder in the upcoming WW3, when our country was destined to become nuclear wasteland.
And this was true and planned by the Soviet generals...

>Inventing paczki

protip: it's stolen from Germans (pfankuchen or somethinh like that)
Polish cuisine is mix of german and east slav ones

here, found it
de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berliner_Pfannkuchen

Didn't you guys invent Vodka or something?

You're like, responsible for the collapse of Russia, if so.

That's impressive as fuck, desu.

I'm just exaggerating. I'm aware of all that but i like to come to Cred Forums to be over-dramatic about stuff

This must be some kind of bait. We have a lot to be proud about.

being a patriot is being a loser. generally 3rd world countries are full of such losers because they somehow tend to want to act like a patriot all together and end up in media control by govt being deceived. this IS the shit loop 3rd world countries have and who/what they are

in a word you have a wrong motivation

live yourself fag

Some words of wisdom from matsuo basho here

I had a super cool pole bro I met in an online game. We were practically best friends, he was studying to be a doctor and lived in Texas.

If most polish lads are like my friend Michal then you folks are alright by me.

Pão de mel?

I prefer to turn a blind eye to it, and mock the frogs.

I honestly like England. They too are a bastard son of their enemy country and achieved greatness before them just to spite their fathering country.

Plus, for every arrogant aristocrat of soccer hooligan, I like to think there's one of those tall old Englishmen that are nice as fuck and mope about at the beach in Algarve, with their hands behind their back looking to the ground at the crabs in the middle of the rocks, like gentle, red giant lobster people.

I had one as an English teacher and he was pretty based. Not unlike Stephen Fry except not a pedophile. Basically Hugh Laurie. Dude was smart as fuck and a total bro.

Like what exactly?

The problem with our inventions is, they were almost never done in Polish state, so they can be homesteaded by other countries.

Consider Stan Ulam for instance. Born in Lwów, he invented (or co-invented, with Edward Telller) the H-bomb, the most powerful device humanity currently has. But he did than in Los Alamos lab, on US soil and under US govt. So the Fatllords attribute this invention to themselves. They even don't call him properly by his full name, Stanisław.

This can be quite depressive, I must admit.

Berlin is Slavic anyway ;^)

Whenever you feel down about your situation just remember, 6 out of 10 people in the world are born in India or China.

>You're like, responsible for the collapse of Russia, if so.
You mean conquering Moscow? Technically twice (with Napoleon) but the latter one shouldn't be really counted.

Not gonna lie, you are the best country in Europe.

you ahve fucking THE WITCHER you mother fucking faggot.

all lies

Not quite, just some yeast-cake baked in fat, stuffed with marmalade (preferrably rose) and poured on top with icing (preferablly citric).

Here, have some variance with candized orange peel. Smacznego!

Here they come. : )

Also we feel you bro. Britain has been Poland's crypto enemy for centuries.
youtube.com/watch?v=mYJ1_RG2xS4

Sounds and looks delicious, kinda made me hungry

CD Projekt Red is a Polish company. The Witcher is more popular now than it's ever been. That's an achievement right there.

Even if you don't like the game, you can't deny its impact on the world. Sometimes that's all it takes!

I mean, turning it into shit because they are drunk on vodka 24/7.

Yeah, we get ours assumed to be Spaniard achievements.

Just don't let it go and correct people. Small/"irrelevant" countries can't let themselves be forgotten.

>I mean, turning it into shit because they are drunk on vodka 24/7.
Oh... if you want to go by that route. O.O

My favorite kind of bacon is made in Denmark. Don't ruin this for me.

Let me guess, the overseas road to India? So Vasco da Gama was a Spaniard, eh?

More like calling Spaniards the discoverers of the sea and omitting the Portuguese altogether, even though we explored the coast of Africa before everyone else, knew of the existence of Brazil before the Spaniards got to America (we didn't tell anyone so they didn't go there, but it backfired), got to Canada and Australia first, circumnavigated the world*, did most of the work that went into designing the kinds of ships that the Spaniards used, etc, etc..

The thing is that we never fought England during their sea-faring years, so we never show up in the books as the villains or the heroes because we had a monopoly on the other side of the world. When England got to India we were already fucked and they were dealing with the dutch instead. So American shows/movies just don't know we exist.

Frustrating.

We could have produced mor sea chanties tough.
Our maritime themed music is pretty pathetic

>inb4 le fado

True. We were never much in the way of artists. Spain has great architecture but we don't, really. Even our cannons were built for efficiency, whereas the Spanish crown demanded that they didn't look too rough, for example.

What we absolutely did do right, though, was food. Between America, Africa and Asia, we did a bang on job of incorporating it all with Mediterranean/Atlantic cuisine.

Pasteis de Bacalhau are the pinnacle of our achievements, with spices from all over the world and fish from the northern seas.

Coimbra Fado is pretty nice, though, but has nothing to do with the Sea, just about being sad.

This is what we got.
youtube.com/watch?v=SGjF1HtHdvU

Join the winning team and come home to the us

>Join the winning team
Uhm... for how long?

Don't worry Poland, taking pride in things you've contributed jack shit to is one of the most idiotic ideas that's been plaguing humanity since forever. In a way, that makes you less of an idiot that most Cred Forums posters.

china surpassed the us debt recently

Yeah, but how many more people live here?

>glorious past
>le Napoleon meme

Il faut vraiment que t'arrêtes de répéter les conneries que tu lis, tu vas finir par te faire mal.

Behemoth, Vader and Mgla.

Is it sufficient for you?