Post art from your country

Post art from your country

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4dKy7HNU4vk
independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/art/spanish-town-saved-by-botched-restoration-of-century-old-christian-ecce-homo-fresco-of-jesus-9928738.html
youtube.com/watch?v=DCgJFP3eMws
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Os_Lusíadas
youtube.com/watch?v=P_jU8knC5ns
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Here is a Belgian artist but Belgium is just another French colony.

That's kinda gay.

W-what happened

Did they hire a 5 year old to restore it due to a tight budget?

I am almost sure the artist was a degenerate free mason but still, he knew how to draw.

Is this a work by Oleg Dou ?

>these Spaniards ugly lips
Nice work though.

Do video games count?

But America have a lot of good art

liked it 2bh. its "new" but not "modern"

youtube.com/watch?v=4dKy7HNU4vk

first pic Dino Valls
second Diaz Alama

nice lighting there on the kids face

looks like a generic webcomic

kys

wtf

this "boy"

>Valls

before he was painter Dino Valls was surgeon

(please don't ban me mods)

how do you not know the story?! it was some old lady that took matters in to her own hands!

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/art/spanish-town-saved-by-botched-restoration-of-century-old-christian-ecce-homo-fresco-of-jesus-9928738.html

This connects deeply to ukrainian soul.

He was the king.
So it's natural that they paint him godlike

My waifu from now on.

we have too much shit

Is this legal?

(nice quads)

>hating on based troll
KYS
Y
S

>mona lisa

that's French you fucking retard. it's even in the Louvre in France.

this is your new young master Sebastian

aww yeah nice meme bro

Why are so many artists closet pedos?

y-yes

(thanks)

This is one of my favourites, it depicts the death of General Wolfe.

Several paitings were made, one of which became super famous, and is even a part of the Royal family's collection, but this much lesser known version is at a local museum and I always enjoy visiting it.

kill me pls

American ''''Education''''....

The Mona Lisa (/ˌmoʊnə ˈliːsə/; Italian: Monna Lisa [ˈmɔnna ˈliːza] or La Gioconda [la dʒoˈkonda], French: La Joconde [la ʒɔkɔ̃d]) is a half-length portrait of a woman by the Italian artist Leonardo da Vinci, which has been acclaimed as "the best known, the most visited, the most written about, the most sung about, the most parodied work of art in the world".[1]

Mona in Italian is a polite form of address originating as ma donna – similar to Ma’am, Madam, or my lady in English

Well..
youtube.com/watch?v=DCgJFP3eMws

this belongs to France

Leonardo da Vinci is Italian tho

>paint cp you can fap to
>when people ask you say its art
>get away with owning cp

i don't care about that, one thing is their live and other their work... welll, thats is my opinion

are you sure?

The last one is just superb. Good job, Spain.

I finally apreciate French's use of silent s

>m'lady lisa

I always liked this guy.

We're not so much a painting country, but we do have a bunch of neat statues, books and music:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Os_Lusíadas

youtube.com/watch?v=P_jU8knC5ns

i like this painting, the colors, the girl...

it belongs to france, but it's from italy and that was wath OP asked for

The guy really likes to draw americans

literally what's the fucking problem with south america?

ayyy

We did have a couple.

ah yes i was waiting for this

Reminds me of these weird statues at market square in my city

thanks

Can you recommend a good Portuguese book that has been translated into French or English without losing too much?

Italy didn't exist.

america have many good painters but i don't like pop art stuff

fucking zorro...

Holy shit man

It's a super common catalan surname (and therefore also more or less present in the rest of Spain).

>a Jew
>with those abs and arms

Michael please
Should have stuck to giving jews tiny dicks, it was more believable

kek

im sorry but it's unbelievable how many retards there are. who gives a shit about history, it's about the NOW. Mona Lisa is fucking French. just like Lamborghini is now German, Mini is now British, and Mexicans are Americans when they are born.

retards.

I think this might be British?

John Charles Dollman RWS RI ROI was an English painter and illustrator. Dollman was born in Hove on 6 May 1851 and moved to London to study at South Kensington and the Royal Academy Schools, after which he set up a studio at Bedford Park, London

yeah sure, anyhow everyone hates you

no one can beat the italian statues

Courtesy of Frans Hals

>mini is now british

FUCK I MEANT GERMAN

all of your retardness is rubbing off on me.

wew lad, calm down. I can feel your heat even here.

no love for avant garde artistic movements?

Os Maias by Eça de Queirós
Blindness by José Saramago

These next two are great but will probably have lost a lot in translation.
The Lusiads by Luís Vaz de Camões
The Book of Disquiet by Fernando Pessoa

American photography is amazing though
Ansel Adams is probably the greatest artistic photographer of the 20th century

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODS

en este Valls caso es aragones pero si, suena catalan para mi

man, OP asked art that were from my country, not in my country you dumb ass

We're good people, only the retards hate us. are you a retard?

One of my favorite paintings.
Good post

I think he's agreeing with you, but he's American, so English isn't his first language.

Some Fernando Pessoa books have been extensively translated to English. "Livro do Desassossego" isn't poetry, so it should lose the least amount of information. He mainly wrote poetry using a bunch of different pseudonyms, each with his own distinct style. Bernardo Soares is the pseudonym he used in Livro do Desassosego.

Some of the poetry Pseudonyms have no strict metric or rhyme to them, so they are translated okay, I presume. He's the artsiest writer we had last century, so expect some weird symbolism and Portuguese obscura and whatnot. "A Mensagem" is his most famous one, but you won't get much out of it without a cheat sheet for the symbols/historical characters.

José Saramago also has good books, but he's a serious commie. His stories are cool, though. Don't know which in specific were translated, but you should be able to find it.

The Lusíadas is just 1000 stanzas of epic poetry from the 1400's, so it's the most impressive one, but it's definitely not an easy read, and just plainly can't be translated.

This guy probably knows more about what he's talking. I've read very little. Maias was pretty boring, though. I liked Saramago's style, even if I don't share his views on much.

>photography
>art

>yeah we're good people
>no i won't talk to you if you don't know fluent french, yes even if i know english

This has to be bait. I genuinely cannot tell anymore when an American is baiting or just being himself.

Significa valles en catalán, literalmente (confirmando el meme de que el catalán consiste en comerse letras). Pero que el apellido sea catalán o lo que sea no significa que lo sea la persona, Valls es catalán como García es vasco.

I live in the city where this absolute madman was active back in the day.

I don't think so.

idc, Mona Lisa stopped being Italian the moment it became a permanent French resident.

tell me where am wrong, asshole, in anything I said.

Along with Russian Ivan Aivazovsky, Yank Winslow Homer is probably the best nautical artist of all time. Nothing pop-culture about it

the painter is José Casado del Alisal
and this painting represent the bell of huesca, basically a crazy
king killing traitors with their own hands

thank you japfriend, no wonder about why we are long date friends
(pic related is ito mancio, first japanese ambassador in italy)

Post the one with the Gondola.

>it's another western art is the greatest art in existence episode
God damn it feels good to be the master race

There's a whole series of these "Dogs playing poker" paintings by Coolidge.
Very common to see parodies of them.

thanks! I just got the English guy's name when I googled the image.

Thanks boys, I'll start with Os Maias, probably try to find it in French, it should lose less between latin languages.

If some Albanian scum lift a famous painting from the Louvre and bring it back home, is it suddenly Albanian art? No of course not, you irredeemable mongoloid.

You're a queer
T'es un pédé

I'm surprised you guys haven't post anything from Andy Warhol yet. He's a legend in the art industry.

jaja, me vas a decir a mi que tengo catalá por apellido
>Yank Winslow Homer and Ivan Aivazovsky
now we are talking with big words

If some Dutch scum lift a tulip from the North Africa and Eurasia and bring it back home, is it suddenly Dutch botany? No of course not, you irredeemable mongoloid.

i have to read more about slav culture

It's okay, don't cry. I'm sure a leaf will create something of value some day.

Kek Canada btfo
How will they EVER recover

Controversial, but still very, very important.

Don't know about big words but I'm a fisherman so I really like maritime art. Ivan and Winslow are the best at it although I also like a lot of unknown Canadian maritime artists that paint en plein air.

This is just an abstract European demographic chart, not art.

i remember that in the end of great gatsby Nick describes New York like this painting, i'm too lazy to take the quote

US Govt. promoted him, iirc, during the Cold War. Hung his stuff in the White House, so when the Pact would visit, they'd point to it and say, "The abstraction and freedom from strictures this piece represents could never occur in art from the your side".

If I was rich I would buy a shitload of art. Right now I'm content with just buying form the recycle center's paintings done by Finns 20-40 years ago for around €20-€60 a piece.

>I'm sure a leaf will create something of value some day.

How about a free Netherlands? Oh, you said something of value

Pues eso.

Por cierto, gracias por enseñarme al Díaz Alamà. ¿Sabes si lo de "artistas que se venden" hace referencia al oficio de las modelos o me estoy montando yo historias?

comfy thread

>tfw no cute farmer gf
feels bad

>'saving' us from the people who fought against the guys who cucked you into irrelevance today

You only made shit worse, but I don't expect a country that ships milk in bags to do anything right.

Kek

Love 'em or hate 'em. But it is actually pretty and sparked a massive art movement we're still feeling today.

i know few maritime artists, it's good to know new ones. The first one for me was Turner but it will be ok see more works made in north america

If you don't enjoy it, try another writer. Eça de Queiroz reaaally likes describing buildings.

Who cucked us into irrelevance? The allies? Also, Canada is no great world power, but you can't really call a top 10 GDP completely irrelevant.
Also, half the shit you think is American probably came from a Canadian. Basketball, handegg, moon landings, peanutbutter, etc, all Canadian Dutchbro.

Thank you for genever, apple crumble, and schooners though.

creo que te montas historias... Por cierto, Diaz Alama dirige una academia en Barcelona, si te interesa ve un poco sobre ella y quizás des con artistas contemporáneos que te gusten, son del rollo realista.

Post some Canadian art, oh wait there is none.

You got me there, I'm a bit ashamed of Canadian art tbqh.

didn't mean to reply, sorry mate.

I always loved this one.

Thanks, the only non-English or French writers I have read are Cervantes, Tolstoy, and Gabriel Marquez, all were amazing.
I have considered asking /lit/ but I never go there anymore because they are retarded

np

have a rare pepe

you will never live this and no one in the future, never more...

picasso made the first wojak

Feels terrible.
kill me

I live that now, lots of people do tbqh

that is a small pic

This thread made me realise I actually don't have a lot of spanish art savedin my folder, it's mostly russian.

Yeah, you're probably talking to the wrong kind of guy to describe stuff to you, since all I know is from reading it in Portuguese class, and I haven't yet picked up a book on my own since.

If you like quippy, sarcastic, stabby, weird premises and text with little to no punctuation: Saramago.

If you prefer a more detailed description of things and more of a calm but scandalous period piece: Queiroz

If you want to Roar the Tongue of the Ocean so that Netpune and Mars listen to your commands!!! - Camões

We aren't so old as Europe, nor do we have a talent pool so large as America, and most of our art is rooted in Euro styles, but we have things like the "group of 7" that are said to have made uniquely Canadian art in a few disciplines.

you should check Brett and Edward Weston's works

:'D

In my experience /lit/ is, in general, terribly anglo-centric so it's probably not the better place to ask.

Supposed to be a mélange je crois (juxtaposition?) of Imperial and native Canada.

;_; not me

I could fall for this one.

i don't know much of photography and most of the photographers that i know are spaniards but i believe you. If you are interesed see the works of Catalá Roca, he was a famous photographer in the dictatorship.

I don't mind Anglo-centric, nor do I find them to be overly Anglo, they often recommend Russian, French and Japanese writers, what I hate about /lit/ is the days long thread length, the obsession with philosophical writers, and the pretentious idea that there exists a concrete line between high and popular literature.

Literature is an issue of culture anyway imo, and therefore is better discussed on Cred Forums.

no gf
stop make me feel

The Birth of Venus

i like spooky stuff

>Catalá Roca

Just googled it, wow, will definitely look into him more. Thanks

this thing is in the vatican, looks like a boss from dark souls

you welcome, he made good pics of my city
now i'm looking the works of Ansel Adams

Adams did a great job of capturing the beauty of the virgin New World. I think you will enjoy it

So do I, I recently read an article about Goya, suggesting that his later, more sombre works, were actually his sons. Apparently Goya's son was known for his dark and unpopular work. When Goya went into seclusion, he suddenly started producing dark, frightening art, especially post mortem.
Not sure how true but definitely intriguing.

>ecce homo

yeah, i'm sure of that. Somehow reminds me a bit of sebastiao salgado but i think i like him more

I know Selgado's "the other americas" it's brillant, and yes I too can see the correlation with Adams.

>ORC RAPE DOUJIN WHEN
>BSDM RAPE DOUJIN WHEN

argie pls.

Who is this? I like it better than "l'enfant bleu" by the English.

i heard something like that too, the thing is that Goya was a difficult periodof the history of Spain with the french invasion and we don't know much what happened when he was isolated in la Quinta del Sordo so everything its open to speculation. I'm sure of one thing, he was an advanced painter for his time, a great inspiration for the avant-garde

>was a
*was in a difficult period of

>no i won't talk to you if you don't know fluent french, yes even if i know english

typical lies

i visited his exposition "Genesis", i like how he use the shadows and the black and white to play with the forms and textures

>no picaso
>no goya
come on, give me the art plebbie riches look at

at least read the thread...

Exactly, their use of light in black and white is genius
10/10 taste in good art Spainbro

Seriously? Do Americans do this on purpose?

thanks, the same foryou, now i have some new artist to enjoy

Some native art can be cool.
Pic is made with colored beads

>he was an advanced painter for his time, a great inspiration for the avant-garde

Most definitely this

Lilewise, thanks for the leads

This is the point of Cred Forums, shame it doesn't happen more often.

Our best stuff is from the 30's

Pollock, what a fitting name for an artist whose works are complete bollocks.

Nowadays I guess we have this guy

I really like the carved wood totems of our PacNW tribes and the scrimshaw style walrus tusk and ivory art of the Inuit.
Would call it underrated but at the Vancouver Olympic games they displayed it to such an extent that it was as if Euros had never been on the continent.

I had a school presentation on this one.

How old are you?

Thanks dude. Protip: American's generally don't know what bollocks is. That's a British term like 'lorry' or 'petrol'.

Vrai

>mfw americans call chocolate globbernaughts "candy bars"
>mfw americans call motorised rollinghams "cars"
>mfw americans call Merry fizzlebombs "fireworks"
>mfw americans call genocide 'thanksgiving'
>mfw americans call wunderbahboxes a "PC"
>mfw americans call call meat water "gravy"
>mfw americans call electro-rope "power cables"
>mfw americans call beef wellington ensemble with lettuce a burger
>mfw americans call fart tornadoes "bar mitzvahs"
>mfw americans call Whimsy flimsy mark and scribblers "pens"
>mfw americans call cold on the cob "popsicles"
>mfw americans call french toast "pussy bread"
>mfw americans call breaddystacks "sandwiches"
>mfw americans call their hoighty toighty tippy typers "keyboards"
>mfw americans call nutty-gum and fruit spleggings "peanut butter and jelly"
>mfw americans call an upsy stairsy the "escalator"
>mfw americans call Montezuma's Revenge "water"
>mfw americans call forcey fun time "rape"
>mfw americans call a knitted wittedy sheepity sleepity a "sweater"
>mfw americans call a rickedy-pop a 'gear-shift'
>mfw americans call wiggledy piggledy nobbledy wobs "toes"
>mfw americans call a choco chip bicky wicky a "cookie"
>mfw americans call peepee friction pleasure "sex"
>mfw americans calla pip pip gollywock a "screwdriver"
>mfw americans call a shoot-go-bang a "gun"
>mfw americans call ceiling-bright a "Lightsbulb"
>mfw americans call blimpy bounce bouncea a "ball"
>mfw americans call a slippery dippery long mover a "snake"
>mfw americans call cobblestone-clippity-clops "roads"

Best one ITT

Great guy too

This is not from your country, but from Vatican City. I don't post pics of German art either

Please Cred Forums let an art thread stay alive for the good of international cooperation. This is not Cred Forums.

WEW LAD
E
W

L
A
D

Jheronimus Bosch

It's more like US-centric, which is annoying because they blow out of proportion their literature. It's just logical but it can get kind of annoying

Very recognizable.

Please just kill yourself and save my brothers pain.

Why so mad?

Absolute Evil.

What is "absolutle evil"?

Why don't you post art from your country?...oh wait

Photographs have been taken and sent anonymously to their respective agencies.

What do you mean?
I don't claim to own them but the artists are iraqi
Which is the point of this thread

>we literally saved a worthless country during ww2
jesus christ, just thinking about this makes me sad. fuck the dutch

Aleijadinho, a baroque artist and his very imaginative and distorted representations of the Prophets. I like it

>Netherlands
>worhless
We have had a larger inpact on the western society than you country.

Candido Portinari. A very known painter from a small town in the state of São Paulo. He is very known from this works representing war and peace, currently part of the UN headquarters collection.

>Tfw the art section of the history books was never taught because of all the other crap we had to learn

Fuck you too, you haven't saved anyone fucking degenerate autistic nerd. Respect to your countries elders/grandfathers though. Not you piece of shit. Stop identifying yourself with great things others did.

I just had to post this, the discussions in this thread are insanely retarded and childish.

It's all about from WHERE IT'S MADE.