en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitteleuropa
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oskar_Halecki
youtube.com/watch?v=P99qJGrPNLs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Peace_Index#Global_Peace_Index_rankings
eupedia.com/europe/european_y-dna_haplogroups.shtml
staff.amu.edu.pl/~anthro/pdf/mono/vol012/01piontek.pdf
jogg.info/41/Wiik.pdf
blog.23andme.com/news/a-different-kind-of-gene-mapping-comparing-genetic-and-geographic-structure-in-europe-the-return/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_foreign_ministers_of_Austria-Hungary
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Austrian_field_marshals
polishgenes.blogspot.com.au/2012/06/first-direct-evidence-of-genetic.html
polishgenes.blogspot.com/2015/08/testing-genetic-continuity-in-poland.html
polishgenes.blogspot.com/2013/03/no-mongolian-admixture-in-poland.html
polishgenes.blogspot.com/2014/01/poles-more-indigenous-to-europe-than.html
eurogenes.blogspot.com/2012/04/prehistoric-scandinavians-genetically.html
eurogenes.blogspot.com.au/2014/04/the-really-old-europe-is-mostly-in.html
freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~mozhayski/teksty/ydna.html
familytreedna.com/public/rurikid/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Center of europe is in Lithuania

>nordic included in western europe
Hate this meme

YES FINLAND, IT HAD TO BE SAID
THANK YOU

Charle meme says otherwise

IT'S ALWAYS THE INSECURE POLES PUSHING THIS CENTRAL EUROPE MEME

YOU'RE NEXT TO RUSSIA

IT DOESN'T GET MORE EAST THAN THAT!!!!

>YOU'RE NEXT TO RUSSIA
so is binland :DDD

FUCKING BUTTHURT BELT WITH THEIR WEAK SLAV CHINS

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

WE WERE NOT USSR!!!

USSR = EASTERN EUROPE

WE ARE NORDIC

Belarus, Ukraine - /ourguys/
Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia - manlets to bully
Poland - invasion practice zone
Rest - fake countries that speak disfigured languages

but we weren't in the USSR either

You were part of Russia tho :DDD. Binland is Russia with good living standard ;D

13y old detected.

Central Europe was a concept created by Germans, not Poles. Look up "Mitteleuropa". You're fucking retarded.

>WE ARE NORDIC

erry tiem XD

To me, central Europe means ex-commies who were traditionally catholic or protestant rather than orthodox. Western Europe is catholic/protestant nations who were not communist. Eastern Europe is ex-commies that are orthodox/islamic. And then there's Greece and Cyprus who I guess are western but are orthodox too somehow.

>Mitteleuropa is also used in a cultural sense, to denote a fertile region whose thought has brought many fruits, artistic and cultural. It is also sometimes denote with the expression "Habsburg thought and culture."[26] The rich Mitteleuropean literary and cultural traditions include Polish philosophy, Czech avantgarde literature, Hungarian social theory and science, Austrian lyric poetry, and the common capacity for irony and linguistic prowess.[27]
>According to the Hungarian writer György Konrád, the Mitteleuropean spirit is "an aesthetic sensibility that allows for complexity and multilingualism, a strategy that rests on understanding even one's deadly enemy," a spirit that "consist of accepting plurality as a value in and of itself."[28][29] In Prague, in 1984, the journal Střední Evropa (Mitteleuropa) was founded, albeit characterized by a Catholic revisionist view nostalgic of the pre-1918 Habsburg Empire.[30] Polish poet Zbigniew Herbert wrote the poem Mitteleuropa, included in his 1992 book Rovigo (Wrocław).

If Slovenia is Eastern Europe, then so is Finland.

I can see there is a lot of confusion here, allow me to clarify the situation:

Definition of Eastern Europe = poor, shitty, ex-communist

>average height of estonian male = 180cm
>average height of russian male = 177

who you calling manlet here, vassily?

But there is so much more to European geopolitical history than the cold war.

>ex commie slavhole
>not eastern europe
choose one

LMAO SO SHITTY
DUDE SLAVS LMAO
COMMIEBLOCKS AMIRITE???

I didn't want to say 'Slav' but there is that too

why so triggered mr immigrant?

I DON'T GIVE A SHIT. WE CAN BE EASTERN, NO FUCKS GIVEN

Slovenia was christianized in the fucking 8th century by Irish missionaries, you pagan caveman. Feudalism was established by the 11th century, typical European towns and monasteries by the 12th century and regular pilgrimage routes to major European holy sites by the 14th century. Our first grammar was written by a Protestant preacher in the 16th century. All the while you were eating bark dressed in elk skins.

>be on international board
>can never discuss anything east of Germany without some Scandinavian mongoloid taking his buttplug out and shitting all over the thread because his unwarranted superiority complex dictates that it must be so

We had orthodox missionaries since the 7th century. Checkm8 slovenia confirmed for eastern europe

>finland
>scandinavia
whatever you say janusz

This. Disgusting Westerners with their ignorance who always refuse to learn about anything east of Germany.

You should make your own board with only Western Europe + Anglos so you won't be triggered by slavshits, kebabs and other third worlders.

If you go to the central part of the continent called Europe you're in Central Europe.

So central europe is located in the baltic sea?

>Bogomils

haahaha

The German concept of Central Europe/Mitteleuropa only existed during the time of the German and Austrian Empires when the region was dominated by German language and culture, it ended after WW1 when all those slavic peoples got their own country and subsequently became impoverished shitholes.

Do you think AH aside from Austria wasn't impoverished?

shut up pekka and drink some vodka

Eastern Europe is just German and Austrian Africa.

>shitholes
I could just filter this word and not have to see 90% of unintelligent, uninsightful posts on this board.

If your country isn't a shithole why did you leave it for Western Europe, Janusz?

kek i look like this ruski

:DD
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geographical_midpoint_of_Europe

the toilets are whiter on the other side

>Janusz

They need to embrace their eastern europeaness, hold it dearly and never let go of it. There's nothing wrong with that after all, just like there's nothing wrong with being a west brit like you, amigo mio.

>Disgusting Westerners

WE ARE NORDIC FFS

FOR THE HOW MANY'TH TIME?????

NOOOORRRRDDDIIICCCCCC

It's hilarious that people actually care what their geographical categorization is, it's not like their life changes even a tiny bit depending on what the fuck some wiki article calls their location. If the world at large decided tomorrow that Finland is eastern europe Finland would still be the same

>he thinks thats a insult coming from a foreigner

Finns are a scandi tribe desu they along with the other scandis are the only remnants of germanic dna.

You are one of the last germanics.

Finns aren't Germanic you dumb dweeb.
They're closer to the Baltic and Siberian people than anything.

>closer to siberian people
and you call others dumb lmao

Such chins are a rarity among Slavs, the most common ones are the wide ones with large lower jaws to boot.

You're not taking into consideration all the minorities who're at least 10-12 centimeters shorter than average Russians.

Finns are Germanic and so are Arabs and Berbers. stfu

Just you wait, decadent western scum.

Because memes. But yes they get incredibly butthurt with this meme categorization.

You guys have a common haplogroup and language with some obscure northern Siberian tribes.
>Finns are Germanic and so are Arabs and Berbers. stfu

We are Semitic lol
you're just trolling

Finns have largestv% of blonde blue eyes, swedes have celt slav and other dna finns are 50% germanic and then uralic with no slav or celt

"Semitic" is a meme ethnicity that is merely a branch of the Germanic family. Mongoloids, originally from East Asia are also a Germanic branch.

>he thinks haploshits indicate genetical likeness

I am Greek

Finns may get memed by kikes and swedes but they are germanic even with uralic ancestry.

They kinda do.

Why is Czech and Slovenia Eastern but Austria (in between them) not?

What about the clicking Khoisan tribes of Southern Africa?

>insult Nordicks
>Finnish flag attacks me

???

because it's a shitpost

But you were a part of Russian Empire.

Sub-saharan Africans are not Germanic. They are much more similar to the Hellenic genotype. The peoples of North Africa, however, are very Germanic and have been for thousands of years.

Literal slaves (slavs) think they're civilized ayy lmao

Oh, now I see

shut the fuck up mario you hairy subhuman

finland is nordic you retard, it's scandinavia that we aren't a part of

Btw, what's the difference between Czech and Chechen?

Sub hoohoman

Central Europe always sounded to me like calling niggers colored peopel.

>they are germanic

NO NO NO WE ARE NOT YOU FUCKING FAGGOT!!!!!

GERMANICS ARE SCUM LEECHES WHO CAN'T COMPETE AGAINST OTHER RACES WITHOUT PRO-GERMANIC AFFIRMATIVE ACTION

FINNS ARE SUPERIOR AND HAVE NEVER NEEDED ANY HELP!!!!

Why isnt finland part of scandi?

t. moor

SLAVE
L
A
V
E

Ugly bitch

You're an over-glorified logging camp of a country whose former historical purpose was to provide invading Russian and Swedish troops with warm and shapely cock-sockets.

The concept of Central Europe emerged in the 14th century and those Slavic people didn't "get" their countries, they've provided objective and irrefutable evidence with which they've justified the need to create their own self-governed geopolitical entities.

>became impoverished shitholes

That's rich coming from the same people who had to hoard socks all up until the end of World War II.

You're pathetic people, you couldn't even Germanize countries that were effectively dismantled in the 16th century, even though you've had the upper hand in terms of overall development, numbers and technology.

Why isn't USA part of Africa?

You ate germanic even if caucasoid swdes like to meme shit against you.

t. stabbed

It's not Germanic, but Paleo-European.

come back pls

You do realize that the people who carry the R1a in their DNA are credited for spreading the gene for blondness?

Germanic.

>*angry brown manlet noises*

Fswedes = more caucasoid then germanic

Finns = germanic then uralic.

WE ARE NOT GERMANIC SCUM

OUR ENTIRE DNA AND LANGUAGE IS COMPLETELY UNRELATED TO DIRTY GERMANICS!!!!!

To hell with Slavs then, I hate being a blonde male

You owe them AC electricity, digital electronic computing, space travel, lasers, grain harvesters, wireless transmission, the radio(Marconi is a plagiarist) powered exoskeletons,electric trams light-emitting diodes and 742 other inventions that have basically catapulted Mankind into an age of unlimited technological development.

Also, you should learn not to eat cats, that usually leads to rat infestations which further lead to plagues.

Obly thing unique is germanic dna in finns otherwise youre same as samis.

Germanic /=/ caucasoid swedes

Just willing to put you in your place, besides, the only reason you've got your independence is because Lenin took pity on you.

Stick to watching Hulk Hogan specials on your cable television.

South Slavs are the tallest people in Europe, in case you've forgotten.

Slavs are the largest distributors of the R1a, but that doesn't exclude the Germanic Goths, who've also distributed it on a large scale.

Berber.

Moors are mauri scum.

Well fuck goths as well, bunch of white niggers, kinda like slavs. Must be the R1a subhuman genes, india is full of them as well.

We are pretty sames

Prague is more west than Vienna.

Wrong, arab.

This, only germanics slavs are subhuman

Berbers are basically Western Arabs.

You're my brother :^)

Your most eastern part is more eastern than ours
>inb4 hurr durr we are more northen than you!!!!
We are also more northen than denmark and as north as stockholm and oslo

WHO CARES
really guys

>commie country
>full of russians
>poor
sounds eastern to me

West slavs and autistic Finns care alot it seems

So? Was life a competition who lives furthest in the west?

>autistic Finns
ever heard of the word "redundant"?

Only autists, most people don't care.

I'd give her the ol' eheheh

Some Finns are more autistic than others

That may be true but most Poles ive seen on the internet seem to be either autistic or mentaly ill.

I'm mentally ill but at the same time I'm one of the most chilled out Pole here.

We dont use this term, "Mitteleuropa" was invented by German geo-strategists +-during ww1:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitteleuropa
>The Mitteleuropa plan was to achieve an economic and cultural hegemony over Central Europe by the German Empire[11][12] and subsequent economic and financial exploitation[13][14] of this region combined with direct annexations,[13] settlement of German colonists, expulsion of non-Germans from annexed areas, and eventual Germanization of puppet states created as a buffer between Germany and Russia. The issue of Central Europe was taken by German thinker Friedrich Naumann in 1915 in his work Mitteleuropa. According to his thought, this part of Europe was to become a politically and economically integrated block subjected to German rule.
in Poland we use the term Central-Eastern (Central East) Europe introduced by Oskar Halecki:
>Halecki became a Professor of Eastern European History at Fordham University from 1944 to 1961, during which time he was also affiliated with the University of Montreal from 1944 to 1951, and also was an adjunct professor at Columbia University from 1955 to 1961, where he contributed to the prestige of Columbia's Institute on East Central Europe.

>As a historian, Halecki was an expert on the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth, which laid the foundation for his thesis that Eastern Europe (distinct from Russia) was no less European than Western Europe, that they were both part of one great European community of people that shared the same spiritual ideals and cultural traditions. His work led to the gradual acceptance of the concept and name of East Central Europe. His magnum opus was a two-volume history of the Jagiellonian Union, published in 1919-1920. Much of his retirement was occupied with working on a biography of Jadwiga of Anjou, which was published two decades after his death.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oskar_Halecki

Memes aside, swedes calling Finns autistic is a total laff m8

>Central-Eastern
this is how I call it to avoid butthurt

Now I admit that swedish posters here are a complete cancer, but not even we reach the same level of autism that poles do.

Was the 20th century too much for you or what?
Why do you have such a special snowflake attitude about your country?

We've been through a lot of stuff, now we are always tense, hence a lot of butthurt. 20th century was more than enough, we were ruined.
I wish things were different.

Because non-Slavs are profoundly illiterate about their history.

Yeah history have been though on you, at least you are doing good now.

and?

You spread misinformation about their country and you're shocked by their reaction to it?

We are doing so-so, I wish our non-bydło diaspora would come back.
Bydło can go to war with muslims and kill each other imho.

vihanen ali-ihminen spotattu

What is the problem? There was Western Europe with strong absolutist traditions, Eastern Europe dominated by oriental-like despotic empires and there were also various aristocratic states between those two regions - mainly Poland and Hungary, but the Czechs also strongly opposed absolutist rule so we are different that both - the west and the east. One can see this even today when westerners are totally unable to oppose any multi-culti projects forced by their governments, Russians have their new quasi-tsar, and we in V4+Slovenia, Croatia have our distinct attitude towards authorities

Visegrad Europe when

When Witcher becomes more popular than LotR

You are in a better situation than the west desu, less degeneracy and invading shitskins. Who cares if we make a little more money?

Poles are mostly the aggresors here on /int, they are chronicaly butthurt and often start fights with other slavs as well, especially russians.

the faster, the better

>Croatia have our distinct attitude towards authorities

Croats are notorious for their inherent servility towards Germans and Austrians, I wouldn't recommend letting them join the V4.

>degeneracy
kissless virgin spotted

I wonder if this will become popular youtube.com/watch?v=P99qJGrPNLs
>You are in a better situation than the west desu, less degeneracy and invading shitskins. Who cares if we make a little more money?
This is my opinion as well, feels bad for you normal people. You are welcome to come here to escape the Caliphate
Soon brother, soon

>they've provided objective and irrefutable evidence

Yeah, the Entente drew the map of the new Europe after 1919 because of "evidence", not because it was strategically convenient

Your nation is composed of semi-civilized Asiatic goons who've been used as disposable manual labor and free brothels by the Russians and the Swedes for the last 1200 years, I think we both know who's the subhuman here.

I am Nordic

Thanks, hopefully we will wake up and start deporting them back to the shitholes they came from.

In what way are modern day Finns less civilized than slavs?

>In what way are modern day Finns less civilized than slavs?
you tell me user

Good luck, I wish there were more people like you (who can have a civilised discussion with a 'slavshit' like me)

>Poland has almost as many murders per capita as Finland has any form of killing

They certainly have, the because the Slavic nations have sent numerous delegations all across Europe to garner support for their cause, they've even gained it in countries of the Axis, with the exception of Germany.We're not talking of Albania and Kosovo, we're talking of countries that have played an important part in the history of Europe and whose return on the geopolitical map was legitimate, if not even justified.

Also, Pan-Slavism would've never shattered the Old World Order if you've actually treated your Slavic citizens with a modicum of respect.

Austro-Hungarian Compromise of 1867 laid the foundations for the first World War, together with your ambitions towards Serbia, of course.

West Europe is the ONLY EUROPE

>eastern europe
>we're talking of countries that have played an important part in the history of Europe
So, Poland and Hungary?

Good argument
>Polands intentional murder rate is 1.2
>all forms of killing counted together are 1.6 in Finland

UNODC murder rates. Most recent year
Poland 0.7
Finland 1.6
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

>he doesn't even read the source he uses
Our 1.6 includes every form of killing, including someone accidentally hitting a pedestrian with a car etc.

I may be wrong, desu, I don't know the history of Croatia very well, I thought that they are similar to Hungarians because they had a personal union for several hundred years

Eastern europe has ottomans roots, barbarians

Ps:Greece is a part of the traditional Europe.

And those delegations were listened to because their interest were congruent with the interest of France and Britain. Do you think the Russian Empire would have cared about Polish, Ukranian, Finnish independentist delegations, even when their cause was legitimate?

>Also, Pan-Slavism would've never shattered the Old World Order if you've actually treated your Slavic citizens with a modicum of respect.

They did receive more than a modicum of it, Slavs could attain the highest ranks in the state and in the army.

>UNODC murder rates. Most recent year

>slavic nations
>finland
u wot

Nuh-uh

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate
>The reliability of underlying national murder rate data may vary.[1] The legal definition of "intentional homicide" differs among countries.
even though you're a slavshit I still believe you have the mental capacity to understand that sentence

I like eastern europe. I just have a problem with the constant butthurt and flamewars that you start all over the interwebs. Good luck to you as well.

That east slavs are as violent as ostrobothnians?
Most finns live in the south so that map makes Finland seem worse than it is.

Bulgarian and Serbian Empires, Great Moravia, Kingdom of Bohemia(the most developed part of the Holy Roman Empire) Russia, Poland and Hungary.

That's not what the argument was about

When things will get better this behaviour should stop, now we feel like pieces of shit.
I am calm but I see this butthurt and aggravation but what can I do.
Have a nice evening / night.

>Bulgarian and Serbian Empires, Great Moravia, Kingdom of Bohemia(the most developed part of the Holy Roman Empire)
is this seriously what they teach you over there? :D:D:D:D:D

Thanks

Your primitive response doesn't change two facts:
1. UNODC's ranking indicates that you have over 100% murders per capita more than we
2. you are unable to show any innacuracy in this ranking

>unable
I already told you our rates includes every form of killing, be it accidental, impulsive or premeditated. Just because your grasp on the english language is too weak to comprehend these concepts does not mean I am at fault.

They would have, but they've would've done very little to assist them, but that doesn't change anything.

>They did receive more than a modicum of it
Is that why all forms of self-management WITHIN the empire were outright denied?Is that why you've tried to obstruct the usage of local languages on a nation-wide level?Is that why you've intentionally kept the Ukrainian part of your monarchy underdeveloped and rural?

>Slavs could attain the highest ranks in the state and in the army

But only if there were no Austrians and Hungarians contending for the same position, which would've been given to them, regardless on their individual qualifications.

By agreeing on the Austro-Hungarian Compromise, you've spat in the face of nearly 22 million citizens of your country of whom some were members of your community long before the Hungarians were even admitted.

>Just because your grasp on the english language is too weak
>our rates includes

>his argument relies on me having a single letter too many in my sentence
Guess that means I won )))

Matter of fact yes, the Bulgarians were once deemed as a more vibrant version of the East Roman Empire, the Serbs have produced one of the best codifications in Medieval history, Great Moravia served as an effective buffer zone between other states of it's time, drastically reducing the chance of outbreaks of large-scale wars and Bohemia was the most developed part of the Holy Roman Empire, hence Prague being it's capital for a time being.

>is this seriously what they teach you over there?

This might come as a surprise to you, but in comparison to Finland, we've developed a significantly better tradition of keeping historical records and if you don't believe, you're more than welcome to double-check these information.

>disposable manual labor and free brothels by the Russians and the Swedes for the last 1200 years
Horseshit. Servs are another story, though.

congratulations!

you both have autism

Just don't murder someone.

You're honestly going to use wartime propaganda as a form of evidence for your argument?Even the article itself states that these claims aren't attested by any literary sources whatsoever.

I have checked everything you said and it's utter bullshit ahhahahahah

Servia stronk

I see this Pole obsessing over that shit 24/7, but he completely ignores the fact we're better than them in almost every single other way

That was a rhetorical suggestion, we both know that you lack the ability to commit yourself to studying mainstream history, let alone something less known like East European history.

What you forgot to mention is that the Serbs got drunk like badgers once they've seen the size of the Ottoman army, they've retreated to their camp and have fallen asleep, the Turks have used that to their advantage and then they've proceed to burn the camp and it's inhabitants to death.

>You're honestly going to use wartime propaganda as a form of evidence for your argument
Frankly, you didn't present anything either for your brothel memery.

He also ignores that 90% of the homicides happen inside families and friends, not between random people on the streets. Hence why our country is much safer than Polan

>90% of the homicides happen inside families and friends,

remove kebab amirite

Whatever helps you sleep at night ))))

Not being murdered is quite important, I would say. Definitely more importan than milk consumption per capita or metal bands per 100K people.

he is baiting you

Slavs have similar features as that guy

Polish diaspora

Slavs are a linguistic group

Maybe if your criminals were in prisons then you woldn't have Africa tier murder rates, user.
also
>90% of the homicides happen inside families and friends
Fin(n)ish friends

The day I see a Finn make a coherent argument will be the day I start consummating copious amounts of alcohol, passive-aggressive meme spouting only makes you appear juvenile.

Do you honestly believe that Russians and Swedes didn't abuse you for occasional sport?You were in the open, you had to fortifications of your own and you've lacked the numbers to effectively resist them all up the modern era.

poland in middle?

>He also ignores that 90% of the homicides happen inside families and friends, not between random people on the streets. Hence why our country is much safer than Polan

You keep obsessing over the same thing and abstaining yourself from the reality. There's no denying to the fact that vast majority of the homicides happen within social circles, and rest are committed by immigrants.

Next time use this:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Peace_Index#Global_Peace_Index_rankings

>Mom, you made me sandwich with ham again?
>I'LL STAB YOU YOU FUCKING BITCH

Categorically false, the only similarity can be found in the tips of their noses.

Could be true.

Suffice to say, they weren't drunk in that battle.

Ethnolinguistic group, and unlike the previous specimen, these representative aren't ugly.

I was talking about the Swede

>Ethnolinguistic group,
Balkan Slavs have nothing to do genetic-wise with Czechs and Poles. Same as Russians.

One of our major paternal lines is the R1a one, second or third in line.

Finns do this all the time, they are only here to meme and shitpost, that you keep falling for it makes you look like a fool.

>Do you honestly believe that Russians and Swedes didn't abuse you for occasional sport
Under Russia we were an autonomous grand duchy and thus they couldn't flood this place with Slavshits, so no. As for Sweden, there aren't any records of such things. Also our Slavic or Germanic admixture is practically nonexistant. Your must have's are not arguments.

>Bosnia and Herzegovina

niiice i need yr flag

>random amerishart appears

Only under the Russian Empire, Novgorod and Moscow weren't that tolerant to those they've perceived as inferior to themselves.

>Also our Slavic or Germanic admixture is practically nonexistent

We're not talking of miscegenation, we're talking of rape and occasional enslavement.

>You were in the open, you had to fortifications of your own and you've lacked the numbers to effectively resist them all up the modern era.
Propaganda. One mustn't forget the Ancient Finnish Kingdom, of which even such figures as Catherine the Great (called Rurik a Finnish prince), Al-Idrisi and Saxo Grammaticus wrote.

I honestly wish this was not the case, but oh well. What can you do, really. Janitor doesn't care so we keep having this Australia/Canada tier reputation

>Novgorod and Moscow
Never got invaded by either. Nice delusions though, Serv.

off topic - Svetovid was a Southern Slavic god too?

to be honest i think a lot of us croats are pragmatic when it comes to with whom we interact on a geopolitical level for instance we have a lot of shared history with the poles and hungarians but i think we like austrians and the krauts because their rich.

Do you honestly believe that Turks didn't abuse you for the occasional sport? You were in the open, you had no fortifications of your own and you've lacked the numbers to effectively resist them all up the modern era.

Yeah as a Western European I also divide it in just West, East, North, and South. I guess it's because of the Cold War, and the fact I can't really see much of a "middle" in it.

Never got invaded by Novgorod?The same Novgorod which had huge holdings northeastern Europe?The same Novgorod which once controlled the Baltic sea?

Also, during the Ivan the IV's rule, several expeditions towards Karelia were undertaken for the purpose of harrying slaves which were later sold in Kazan.

Deity of war, fertility and abundance primarily venerated on the island of Rügen into the 12th century.

Actually, we've avoided that by perfidiously accepting Islam and besides, rape was severely punished in the Ottoman Empire, especially if it was committed against people that were under the protection of the Ottoman Empire, castration and public shaming were common punishments.

>You were in the open
You've ever seen the configuration of the Balkans?

>you had no fortifications of your own
More than you can you imagine, Bosnia alone had more than forty fortresses at it's disposal.

>and you've lacked the numbers to effectively resist them all up
It took the Ottomans 227 years to conquer us, even though we have to fight off the Hungarians and the Venetians at the same time.

the thread have gone way off top8c, no one cares about that anymore.

Swedes have plenty of R1a as well. More so than serbs according to eupedia (i am on tablet so i cant post graphs). Why does it make them slavs but not us?

Yes, I know about Svetovid, we probably have his statues in every larger city, but I was surprised that anyone from the south knows about this deity.

>More so than serbs according to eupedia (i am on tablet so i cant post graphs). Why does it make them slavs but not us?
Western slavs and scandis have the same ancestor :^)

>Never got invaded by Novgorod
Nope.
>The same Novgorod which had huge holdings northeastern Europe
Finland's not North-Eastern Europe.
>The same Novgorod which once controlled the Baltic sea
Slavshit delusions.
>Also, during the Ivan the IV's rule, several expeditions towards Karelia were undertaken for the purpose of harrying slaves which were later sold in Kazan.
And? Karelians are only a small minority of Finns.

Because Serbs have always been avid proponents of Slavic culture.

Even today people in eastern Germany and in Austria have a lot of R1a haplogroup, which was most common among Medieval West Slavs.

Also I2a haplogroup is very typical for Slavic populations. Of course it would be a mistake to associate haplogroups with ethnicities, but are there are certain statistical correlations, which allow us to arrive at certain conclusions and generalizations concerning their origins.

Also Slavic surnames are common in Germany - some of them are Polish in origin but some are from other Slavic groups.

For example here is surname "Janke", distribution of which indicates that it is Obotrite-Veleti rather than Polish, Pomeranian or Sorbian:

Comparison of R1a and R1b haplogroups among people in various German, Austrian, Czech and Polish cities today:

Map shows modern-day R1b / R1a proportions among inhabitants of 25 selected cities located in Central Europe:

Dark green = Polish and Czech cities
Light green = German & Austrian cities with ~20% (Greifswald) up to ~43% (Graz) of R1a
Dark red = other cities in Germany

What can be observed is that former Slavic areas in Germany & Austria correlate with high % of people with R1a haplogroup:

Graz in Early Middle Ages was a Slavic city (burgh) of the Principality of Carantania, which was called Gradec (in Old Slovene language). Graz has so high percent of people with R1a haplogroup, that it is obvious that they are mostly descendats of Germanized Slovenes (Carantanians).

Note that German-speaking Austrian inhabitants of Graz have a higher % of R1a than ethnic Slovenes of Slovenia.

According to our website, 38% of Slovenes from Slovenia have R1a haplogroup, while 43% of Austrians from Graz have it:

eupedia.com/europe/european_y-dna_haplogroups.shtml

>It took the Ottomans 227 years to conquer us
It also took Swedes 3 centuries to conquer us if going by historic records and information recorded in sagas.

Western Europe:
Leftism
Degeneracy
Feminism
Homosexuals
Cuckoldery
Not poor

Eastern Europe:
No feminism
No cucks
Poor

I choose eastern Europe desu

Germanic-speakers were not the original IE inhabitants of territory which is now Poland, they came during middle-to-late Iron Age as immigrants or invaders and in relatively small numbers.

There is a biological population continuity in Poland since the Bronze Age until nowadays - neither Germanic immigration nor Slavic immigration altered it considerably.

Language & culture of population of Poland were changing few times, but population - in its main core (not counting quite numerous admixtures from migrating peoples) - is similar as in times of Biskupin-builders:

staff.amu.edu.pl/~anthro/pdf/mono/vol012/01piontek.pdf

Me too

MY

BYLI

Delet this

Western/Northern Europe = nice places to live
Eastern/Southern Europe = miserable depressing shitholes

>Nope
They've never invaded you for the purpose of conquering you, but because they needed slaves to capture.

>Finland's not North-Eastern Europe
Not in the modern sense, the term encompasses Poland, the Baltic region and it's sea, Belarus, Russia and Finland .

>Slavshit delusions

During the 12th, 13th and 14th century.

>And?
Still Finns nonetheless.

Having a large presence if the I1 doesn't mean that you share a similar ancestor.

see

and south slavs?

so being a slav is cultural and not genetic?

>and south slavs?
Original Europeans, same as Scandis desu

This makes me feel blessed to be Dutch.

>Is that why all forms of self-management WITHIN the empire were outright denied?

There were subdivisions who had their own parliament, at least in the Austrian part. For instance, in the Bohemian parliament (Böhmischer Landtag) the Czech national parties had the majority when census qualifications were loosened.

Btw, not having their own largely independent kingdom like the Hungarians doesn't mean discrimination.

>But only if there were no Austrians and Hungarians contending for the same position

I don't think there were no Austrian/Hungarian contenders for positions like foreign ministers or field marshalls.

It's one thing to conquer to sedentary civilizations with permanently rooted settlements and conquering someone who lives in densely forested regions.It took the Swedes three centuries because they couldn't find, while it took the Turks 227 years to subjugate the Balkans because we've actually resisted them.

It's both actually, some are more Slavic in appearance, while others are more Slavic in terms of preservation of Slavic culture and language.

We South Slavs are more Paleo-European in terms of genetics, but we're predominately Slavic in terms of culture and linguistics.

I've never denied it's size, but you're still more R1a than I1, plus you're adhere to a Slavic culture and you speak the one of the purest forms of Slavic language.

>They've never invaded you for the purpose of conquering you, but because they needed slaves to capture.
More Slavshit delusions. Old East Slavic chronicles literally tell of Finnic tribes founding Rus (Rurik was Finnish genetically also). Daily reminder that the term Slave is literally derived from Slav.
>Not in the modern sense, the term encompasses Poland, the Baltic region and it's sea, Belarus, Russia and Finland .
Look up Novgorod at its greatest extent, leaves out the majority of Finnic tribes residing in Finland and includes only Karelians.
>During the 12th, 13th and 14th century.
Stay delusional.

>you speak the one of the purest forms of Slavic language.
Rest slavs are bastarized poles that made us look bad.

I get that.

>Old East Slavic chronicles literally tell of Finnic tribes founding Rus
Bullshit, primary chronicle doesn't speak about Finns, you deluded fuck.

Sup bro, haven't seen you for a while.

>nor Slavic immigration altered it considerably.

Why are Poles so genetically similar to West and East Slavs then?

>east
Only some, because of mixing.

The Primary Chronicle only tells of several Finnish tribes loosely participating in the early formation of the Rus and Rurik was Balto-Finnic, distantly related to the Gediminid dynasty.

> Daily reminder that the term Slave is literally derived from Slav

All historical sources irrefutably show that the Slavic area was the main reservoir of slaves in the whole period of Early Middle Ages, beginning probably in the 6th century, and with a peak around the 10th. This preference for slaves of Slavic origin – so strong as to make Slavs the slaves by antonomasia – has been easily explained: in that period Slavic people were the only ones who were still pagan, and this detail is most important as it explains why, by choosing them, early medieval slave traders – mostly Venetian, Genoese and Jewish – did not violate the new principles of the “Societas christiana”, introduced by Pope Gregory the Great at the end of the 6th century, according to which baptized people must be excluded from slavery. So we've obtained a safe dating for the word sclavus, in the sense of “slave”, which will be approximately the period between the sixth and tenth centuries. Source "Interdisciplinary and linguistic evidence for Palaeolithic continuity of Indo-European, Uralic and Altaic populations in Eurasia, with an excursus on Slavic ethno-genesis" by Mario Alinei, 2003.Basically, they were hunted down because they've refused to convert to foreign religion like their Germanic and Latin counterparts have.

>Look up Novgorod at its greatest extent
I've only said that they've had great holdings, I've never specified Finland being a part of them, just in their sphere of influence and a part-time source for their slaver's needs.

>Daily reminder that the term Slave is literally derived from Slav.

Unfortunately, there is no sample size given for Graz, and it isn't explained how they gathered the data.

jogg.info/41/Wiik.pdf - p. 50

Looks a bit fishy

East Slavs have only practiced miscegenation with the Finno-Baltic peoples and the vastly outnumbered Varangians.

Interesting. I give it a read tommorow.

Why do poles cluster closer to swedes than to germans?

The pattern of Y-DNA Haplogroups looks pretty similar and the 23andme results of Poland and Russia seem to cluster together, too.

>According to the earliest East Slavic record, the Primary Chronicle, the Rus' were a group of Varangians who lived, along with other groups like Swedes and Gutes, on the other side of the Baltic Sea, in Scandinavia and as far as the land of the English and the French.[7] The Varangians were first expelled, then invited to rule the warring Slavic and Finnic tribes of Novgorod
>The Chuds, the Slavs, the Krivichs and the Veps then said to the Rus
hmm, also Rus were genetically Finnic

It wouldn't be surprising that R1a is high in Graz, but slightly higher values than even Slovenia itself seem a bit odd.

Dunno, brother :3

>23andme results of Poland and Russia seem to cluster together, too.
23andme isn't really a good source.

>Slav(e) damage control
had a giggle

blog.23andme.com/news/a-different-kind-of-gene-mapping-comparing-genetic-and-geographic-structure-in-europe-the-return/

You can't even form a proper argument.
It doesn't say there were Finnic.

The only reason you've loosened them is because you didn't want to fulfill the plans which they've conceived at the Prague conference of 1848.

> not having their own largely independent kingdom like the Hungarians doesn't mean discrimination

Undermining their rights as citizens in favor of Hungarian demands is an act of discrimination.

>I don't think there were no Austrian/Hungarian contenders for positions like foreign ministers or field marshalls.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_foreign_ministers_of_Austria-Hungary

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Austrian_field_marshals

Whatever they've lectured you during history class, they've lied, rather badly If I may add.

>blog
polishgenes.blogspot.com.au/2012/06/first-direct-evidence-of-genetic.html
polishgenes.blogspot.com/2015/08/testing-genetic-continuity-in-poland.html
polishgenes.blogspot.com/2013/03/no-mongolian-admixture-in-poland.html
polishgenes.blogspot.com/2014/01/poles-more-indigenous-to-europe-than.html
eurogenes.blogspot.com/2012/04/prehistoric-scandinavians-genetically.html
eurogenes.blogspot.com.au/2014/04/the-really-old-europe-is-mostly-in.html

Blogs aren't a good source.

>There is a debate over how Rurik came to control Ladoga and Novgorod.[citation needed] The only information about him is contained in the 12th century Primary Chronicle, which states that Chuds, Eastern Slavs, Merias, Veses, and Krivichs "...drove the Varangians back beyond the sea, refused to pay them tribute, and set out to govern themselves".
lul

>You can't even form a proper argument.
I don't have to, the Slav > Slave etymology is only denied by Slavs.

You don't even understand what I'm saying to you.

Kek

>I don't have to, the Slav > Slave etymology is only denied by Slavs.
It's denied by lignuists and people that actually know something about it.

You're just Cred Forums NEET trash wewuzing about odin kangz and shit.

You're having a giggle because someone respects you enough to provide you with an argumentative response to your claims?

Keep in mind that the Slavs have vastly outnumbered the Finnish tribes and only the Rurikids were initially of Balto-Finnic origin, not the entirety of the Rus.

learn to read

It said that the Finnic and Slavic tribes of what was to become Novgorod set out to rule themselves, it's pretty clear what is meant by that.

It's denied by linguists and historians alike, even though there is truth in the claims that Slavs were mainly targeted by slavers because they weren't a part of the “Societas christiana” .

only some Russians are close to us and that's due fact that Poles used to live in Russia

So Belarusians and Swedes are our bratuszkas

>Blogs aren't a good source
>LITERALLY posts biased Polish butthurt blogs

Fuckin L A M O

Novgorod already existed in that period and the Finns of that era were mainly hunter-gatherers, they weren't city-folk like the Slavs.The Varangians themselves have had used the term "stadsbo" to describe, which roughly means" city dwellers".

That was to prove my point.

I'm sorry you're so stupid. Please leave, before you embarrase yourself any further.

I'm studying mechanical engineering for free at the University of Helsinki actually. What are you doing with your life, bydloboi?

>What are you doing with your life, bydloboi?
Apparently wasting my time on schizophrenic finnish NEET.

>The only reason you've loosened them is because you didn't want to fulfill the plans which they've conceived at the Prague conference of 1848.

Getting rid of census qualifications in favor of one man one vote was the trend all over Europe

>Undermining their rights as citizens in favor of Hungarian demands is an act of discrimination.

How does not getting their own quasi-independent state within the state like Hungary equal discrimination? Are the Muslims in the Sandzak discriminated against because they don't decide all their internal affairs by themselves?

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_foreign_ministers_of_Austria-Hungary
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Austrian_field_marshals

There are a number of Slavs there, especially during the AH era.

>Novgorod already existed in that period
The earliest objects from Novgorod are of Finno-Slavic origin and the first Russian dynasty was Finnic. Anyone can connect the dots from the evidence provided by archeology and historical records.
>the Finns of that era were mainly hunter-gatherers
Horseshit, we already knew farming and metallurgy.
>The Varangians themselves have had used the term "stadsbo"
Dubious.

>all this unfiltered autism itt

Finnish posters really are something special

It's a spectrum.
The eastern part of Western Europe is Central Europe.

>schizophrenic finnish NEET

Never insult our KANG like that ever again, whiteboi

Back to plumbing Przybcyzywicz, that way you might one day have enough of whatever the fuck currency they use in Pooland to study. Then you could actually make something out of the petty and insignificant thing you call your life.

23andme isn't just a blog, it's an actual company with actual scientists working there

>The earliest objects from Novgorod are of Finno-Slavic origin

The earliest objects are of Slavic, not Finnic origin and I repeat, the first Russian dynasty was Finno-Baltic and distantly related to the Lithuanian Gediminids.

freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~mozhayski/teksty/ydna.html

familytreedna.com/public/rurikid/

> Anyone can connect the dots from the evidence provided by archaeology and historical records

And they're predominately in favor of the Slavs.

> we already knew farming and metallurgy
There's a reason why I've said "mainly", but still, you couldn't practice in a more widespread manner, hence many former Finno-Ugric territories being completely colonized by the Slavs.

>Dubious

Not at all, who do you think founded places like Polotsk, Minsk, Kiev, Ladoga and Novgorod?

Better than being a cuck to niggers.

I love my racist homophobic Eastern European shithole

>brb gotta make some money first

Been there, done that.
I miss Ireland, love you babe.
I missed Poland too, though.