Why do Americans say shit like "I'm 1/16 Scottish"
If you're not at least 1/4 something it's not worth mentioning

I'm 1/4 ashkenazi, where's my shekels

Agree. At least use the word ancestry

I'm also 1/4 Jew

let's walk together into Israel and Jew out dem shekels

I'm 1/2 inside your mum right now

So 1 inch ?

Since I'm more than 3/4 British, if I round up that means I'm full British. Can I get a UK passport?

just burger things

I'm 1/4 lebanese where's my free money and boat to yurop?

Why did so many Lebanese people go to Mexico ? Were they misled ?

I am Grèek

We're all mutts of some kind here. You just wouldn't understand. It's basically a status symbol to denote that you're family isn't hot off the boat

I am 1/128 native american, i guess

You have to understand this is often less about actually caring about your ethnicity and more about appearing unique and different as well as a way of adding "personality" to yourself. It's similar to blood types in Japan or your astrological sign. People say whatever gives them a more unique appearance. When an American says they are 1/17th Scottish or whatever, it's just their way of saying "look at my unique self :^)" . It is often not a genuine attempt to get in touch with their heritage but people may delude themselves that it is, acting under that guise. The ultimate special snowflake thing is to say you have native heritage, which is why so many people claim it despite so few having it. Notice Mexicans don't get special snowflake syndrome over their native heritage because they all know they have it. Instead for Mexicans it's about how white you are. The ultimate claim for heritage is the more obscure your heritage. As a result ethnicity polls in the US are often overwhelmed by minority heritages that are much smaller in proportion in reality than they show up in polls

What if I'm 1/2th Irish and have dual citizenship as a result?

not to mention all the perks that come with being able to check off Hispanic, Black, or Asian on those college and job applications

I legitimately believe you're majority German and Irish though, you don't look very much like us.

Test

Do you really have sth like this on your applications? That's pretty racist

Were mostly British/Irish/German

British and English just don't show up very well on polls because they're the least unique heritage and everyone assumes they have it. I can't remember the exact number but I believe estimates put 30-40% of white Americans as having English heritage

It may be rarer to see "full english" looking Americans though, because we've been here the longest and have probably mixed with a German or Irish at least once in the family history. You do ocassionally see some very English looking folk though. I think we look more like you than you give credit for also.

>Hispanic
Do I get free shit in USA then?

I'm actually an African Hispanic (born in south Africa) though I have brown hair and blue eyes. I wonder what they would say there

I don't know desu, only thing i know is my grandad on the mother's side is lebanese, his parents are lebanese and spaniard tho

leftists here are the biggest racists you've ever seen

but because they give free shit to their pets for votes, they aren't called out on it

probably. the reason the don't say Mexican is (which is who they're targeting) is because Mexican isn't actually a race. Shit, even Hispanic isn't a race, but that's just how liberals here work - it doesn't have to make sense so long as they feel good.

Yeah, there have been plenty of situations where the best students haven't gone to the best schools, and the best workers haven't gotten the job because they don't help meet race quotas. I don't blame the companies or schools though because meeting those requirements is a huge tax incentive

Americans are retarded overall imo. They call latin americans spanish, enough said. And they're obsessed with genetic heritage.

>United States of McDonald's
Sounds good

El perro blanco es un perro aunque es blanco

CHI

Because 1/16 is still a lot, especially if you are 1/16 nigger

tautology is tautology

Tautologies are used to prove points