who.int/mediacentre/news/releases/2015/herpes/en/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epidemiology_of_herpes_simplex
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

S H A R T
H
A
R
T

What do you want to know about it exactly?

Tastes like farts but I'll drink it

What does it do? I've heard of it on Cred Forums but never researched it yet. Could you explain?

>yerba
the herb
>metal straw or straw
to sorb the liquid
>mate
the container where the yerba goes

just put some hot water (not boiled) and enjoy, you can drink it like that or with suggar

anything else?

it's hipster tea

/thread

It's like tea, but made from a different plant. It gets you caffinated and has a slight effect of putting you in a good mood, supposedly. People drink it in groups as a cultural thing and to continue spreading herpes around the world. The metal straw has a bunch of holes at the end to filter out all the shitty little sicks and leaves.

>to continue spreading herpes around the world

Do Argentines get their first indirect kisses by sharing straws with qts?

yes

>Herpes labialis is endemic throughout the world. A large survey of young adults on six continents reported that 33.2% of males and 28% of females had herpes labialis on two or more occasions during the year before study.
>The lifetime prevalence in the United States of America is estimated at 20-45% of the adult population. Lifetime prevalence in France was reported by one study as 32.4% in males and 42.1% in females. In Germany, the prevalence was reported at 31.7% in people aged between 35 and 44 years, and 20% in those aged 65–74. In Jordan, another study reported a lifetime prevalence of 26.4%

so according to you USA, France, Germany and Jordan are big mate drinkers, kek

B U L L S H I T
U
L
L
S
H
I
T

That's why I always thought the indirect kiss trope was so retarded.
Why is it such a big deal?

You can also add cold orange juice to the yerba instead of hot water, I know it sounds weird but you might actually like it, we tend to drink it in groups sharing the same mate or drink it alone at any time of the day, some people like it at mornings others on evenings

Its pretty nice

Why do people drink this? I tried some red glass bottle variant of this sewage water and it tastes like cigarettes

obviously its not the only method its spread you fucking retard.

Breh

All I'm saying is that slurping on other peoples' spit might give you oral herpes, we're all doing it in our various countries in various ways, not trying to slander your beverage just saying that it's contibuting to the worldwide domination of oral herpes

kek, not the first time I read this, you drank it with or without sugar?

you're the retard believing this bullshit, Argentina and the southerncone should be the zones with more herpes according to your logic

I personally don't like plain bitter mate, but you can add some spoonful of sugar or sweetener to make it taste better

the mentioned countries don't drink mate and still have a lot of people with herpes

Dude...I was just saying...that sharing spit is going to give you mouth herpes...I literally said nothing about whether Argentina had a higher prevalence of it wtf. I was just trying to say that it's very common all over the world.

I've never heard of anyone that contracted herpes because of mate. Stop talking out of your ass, amerisharter.

BUT YOU STARTED TO SAY THAT OUT OF NOWHERE, AS IF MATE IS THE CAUSE HERPES OR SOMETHING

Holy fuck m8s if it was a thread about any kind of drink that gets shared by people in any country I would have said the same thing.

Also the majority of people who have and spread oral herpes don't even know that they have it, something like 90% of the human population carries it and only some of them show symptoms. That's why you haven't heard of it spreading from sharing mate. Doctors don't even screen people for oral heres because it's so common.

Fucking calmense chicos

Yeah that's not the sexually transmitted herpes that causes sores all over your junk, that's a relatively benign form of herpes that can cause tiny blisters and yes 90% of people have it because it's so innocuous

>I personally don't like plain bitter mate, but you can add some spoonful of sugar or sweetener to make it taste better
faggot
>You can also add cold orange juice to the yerba
disgusting

kys

give proofs of the shit you're saying or go to speculate somwhere else

t. autista que se queja de como los demás prefieren tomar o comer

It's tea for people with teeth.

Why are Argentinians so autistic?

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK47447/

Herpes simplex viruses are among the most ubiquitous of human infections. The frequency of HSV infection has been measured by testing various populations for the presence of antibody, as both virus and the immune response are thought to persist after infection for the life of the host. Worldwide, ∼90% of people have one or both viruses. HSV-1 is the more prevalent virus, with 65% of persons in the United States having antibodies to HSV-1 (Xu et al., 2002). The epidemiology in Europe is similar, with at least half of the population seropositive for HSV-1.

In the developing world, HSV-1 is almost universal, and usually acquired from intimate contact with family in early childhood (Whitley et al., 1998). After childhood, the HSV-1 prevalence rates increase minimally with age. Rates of HSV-1 infection are similar for men and women. In the United States, African-Americans and Asians have higher rates of HSV-1 infection than whites. The majority of infections are oral, although most are asymptomatic. Some data suggest that in developed countries, acquisition of HSV-1 is delayed from early childhood to adolescence or young adulthood (Hashido et al., 1999; Mertz et al., 2003).

>who.int/mediacentre/news/releases/2015/herpes/en/

Estimates for HSV-1 prevalence by region among people aged 0-49 in 2012:

Americas: 178 million women (49%), 142 million men (39%)
Africa: 350 million women (87%), 355 million men (87%)
Eastern Mediterranean: 188 million women (75%), 202 million men (75%)
Europe: 207 million women (69%), 187 million men (61%)
South-East Asia: 432 million women (59%), 458 million men (58%)
Western Pacific: 488 million women (74%), 521 million men (73%)

he is right

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epidemiology_of_herpes_simplex

The epidemiology of herpes simplex is of substantial epidemiologic and public health interest. Worldwide, the rate of infection with herpes simplex virus—counting both HSV-1 and HSV-2—is around 90%.[1] Although many people infected with HSV develop labial or genital lesions (herpes simplex), the majority are either undiagnosed or display no physical symptoms—individuals with no symptoms are described as asymptomatic or as having subclinical herpes.

(Including this for you...) Relative to rates in Europe and North America, HSV-2 seroprevalency is high in Central and South America. Infection levels are estimated at 20% to 60%.

it's the most social drink ever
it's like sharing a joint or ur mom

i've never drank mate with friends

>''yerba mate'' cold beverages
why would you even try that
Mate is drunk hot and with yerba. Otherwise it's not mate
it's an acquired taste desu but it becomes an habit to drink it when doing something in groups. Older people and a minority of other people drink it by themselves as well