Yellow = Almost/could've been Western Europe

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Dkn-dlcSCEo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>north eastern Poland more western than south eastern
hahhahahahaha

*north western

Is it "Almost/could've" on the basis of being conquered by a Germanic empire?

really makes you think..

Nothing every struck me as particularly western about Gdańsk or surrounding areas. That being said, there doesn't have to be a negative connotation about being an "Eastern" country. It just comes off as silly when people try to pass of their one special snowflake Eastern European country as Central European and only the other guys are Eastern. It's like being a 13 year old, but going around telling everyone that you're almost 14.

*ever

no, there is about 5 white countries that have been part

you have africa tier countries like Ukraine and Moldova and then Slovenia labeled under same category

i ok whit this

>Berlin, Paris, London, Malmo
>Europe

>southern portugal
>andalusia
Oh come on! stop with that meme, Andalusia was massively populated by castillans peasants after the reconquista and the muslims population was deported twice, this region have currently nothing to do with islam, it's just another rural spanish region, same thing for southern portugal.

Yup, more or less. Alicante could pass as western but Murcia and Andalucia are they own thing.

But the thing is, the same way Slovakia looks at Ukraine is how Germany and Austria look at Slovenia. People will even try to group themselves with Switzerland using this category, and that's a whole different level than Austria and Germany, economically.

>Alicante not western
>shitty Portuguese fishing towns western

Fukken triggered

Kek.

It is obvious anyone who considers Czechia "Western Europe" has never been to Czechia nor knew any Czechs. Moravia is poorer than West Slovakia, and the western borderlands of Czechia are mountains that used to be German but were resettled with a mix of Moravians, Slovaks and gypsies.

Pic related, note purchasing power of Moravia and Western borderlands are similiar to East Slovakia. This is not meant as an attack on Czechs, I love them and they are bros, I am just saying in no way it is a "Western European" country. As for Prague, it was deliberately spared the demolitions and reconstructions Bratislava had by communists and all money was poured into it during the communist regime to make it seem as if Czechoslovakia was rich, sort of a Potemkin village. Go to some random Moravian or Northern Bohemian village and you will encounter a similiar situation to rural Central Slovakia, I have several Czech friends who live in poverty.

No its not the same, not even close

>Central Europe as a concept was invented by Poles
read a fucking book

andalusia is shit, literally africa

I never said that

Of course that's what you think

is not about what i think rofl. Slovenia has higher HDI than Italy Spain and Portugal. in IHDI its above fucking United Kingdom

>Czechia
>western yuro

>poorer than Turkey
d-d-delete it!!!

why are Netherlands so poor? is it because they tax themselves as hell?

tbqhwy i dont consider czechia, poland, and slovenia eastern europe anymore
slovakia is close to becoming the same but not quite there yet

eastern europe to me is relegated to proper poor places like ukraine

andalusia, spanish extremadura, alentejo and algarve are, for the most part, backwater regions.
Dunno about valencia though

We are Central-Eastern or just Eastern, only autists give a fuck

But Poland is poorer than Slovakia, especially Eastern Poland. And as I said before and provided evidence, Czech Republic, I mean actual Czech Republic, not upper middle class in Prague, is not any different. The only country that is truly better is Slovenia.

it's more about culture than actual wealth desu

Northern Europe
Best Europe

This is such a vague argument that it is a non/argument. Is Slovakia less "Western" because of some rednecks in alcoholic villages, which are present in the other countries you mentioned? The younger generation is as irreligious and liberal as the Czech one and the only reason why the world thinks Czechia is "like western Europe, mane" is their lack of homophobia caused by atheism. Atheism is literally the only difference between Slovakia and Czechia and a lot of people here who register as Catholic go to church 1x a year. Also, go to some Moravian village and tell them they are liberals kek. Prague is not Czechia and Bratislava is not Slovakia.

And the only place where Czechs brag about being developed and Western is the internet. IRL, they complain about their lives and their country just like we do. And they have the same corruption as we do.

>getting this upset you aren't western
wew lad

you're getting there little slovakia don't worry
in a few years you'll be rich and civilised like czechia too

Why do people always color the finnish west coast a funny color. what happens there?

Tell about that wealth and civilization to my friend who lives from 7500 Czk or 280 euro a month because he has a disability. Or to my other friend who lives in a family where the avg monthly budget is 13000 Czk or 480 euro a month for 3 people and they have a debt of several million Czk.

In what ways we are "less western" than fucking Poland?

this just in: even western countries have poor people

up next: water still wet

>fucking Poland
rude
you have a lot of gypos
(I really, truly don't give a fuck if we are Eastern WHO CARES GODDAMNIT)

What I am saying is that Czechia is still a lot closer to us than to you.

Anyways, this little myth would not even exist if Commies did not pamper Prague and turn it into a potemkin village.

So gypos are a reason for non-Westerness? Even through they live in horrid, self inflicted poverty everywhere they go?

Btw google Chánov if you want to see rich civilized Czechia if gypos are your argument. Anyways where I live, there are not many of them. They are concentrated in a part of East Slovakia.

>Chánov
looks like london tbqhwy

Nah, that's not my argument, just get rid of them.
you should use this youtube.com/watch?v=Dkn-dlcSCEo
btw. you are as much Eastern as we are, money doesn't matter.

What did Poland do to be western but not us? We beat them in almost every category thats relevant

>britbongs
>part of northern europe
Oh please.

like what? money?
pffff

Yeah, its not by much but neither is Czech Republic beating us heavily.

but our culture is same as czech one lol

we objectively are, m8

If we say Slovakia is Western will it make the Slovaks feel better?

I dont give a fuck about your autistic definitions, im just intrigued in what way you find Czech culture different to ours

Prague, basically

Confirmed for retarded. Why isnt Hungary western then

Not as relevant, not as progressive politically, culture is more distantly different

But they have B U D A P E S T

Czechia is basically Little Germany at this point

Not sure why that upsets you so much

Im not upset at all. I just like watching people make up stuff when they are completely ignorant about subject

You seem a bit upset desu

You're imposing silly restrictions like "take away Prague, take away money, take away politics" and then saying "how are they Western?"
They're Western because of those things, of course if you take them away then they become less Western.

And Prague isn't the only city they have that looks Western desu

Kek.

As I said, Prague is not Czechia anymore than Moscow is Russia. And kek little Germany, yeah right Czechs love muslims and immigration lolno, even my gay anime loving Czech friend hates Islam and is anti immigration. And many Moravians feel closer to Slovakia than to Prague.

Western politics lol.

Their corruption is even worse than ours. And there are plenty of Slovak towns that look Western, google Kremnica.

What does Islam or immigration have to do with anything?

>Their corruption is even worse than ours
How so?
>And there are plenty of Slovak towns that look Western, google Kremnica
Looks nice, but it's not nearly as big as Prague or Brno, nor as relevant to Europe at large.

Have you actually BEEN in Brno? It is full of gypsies. Also, Trnavs, Nitra...

And corruption do not even get me started. Petr Nečas, Babiš, Zeman, whole goverment full of ex secret police etc. (Oh and small towns are full of organized crime but I only have anecdotal evidence on that).

It is obvious you do not know shit about the country. And money? You mean their slightly worse economic growth from us and wages that are 1/4 of Germany? Little Germany kek.

You haven't provided any factual evidence of corruption or of anything really.
You're just getting emotional that the rest of Europe sees them as Western and not you.

I might not know much about the country, but I know how they're perceived as a Westerner.
Also, probably know more about their film industry than you so w/e

YO homiebros! Yo language be fuckin funny shit yo though! Lmao, we aint the same wit yo langage so shit senpaitachi!

Yo I dont wanna disappoint you but your pic related is not Brno, atleast to my knowing Brno doesnt even have a river.
Thats most probably Prague again.
Looks like view on Little side following the river looking up the Holesovice and Karlin on top and Stare Mesto to the right.

Brno is literally capital of Slovakia, Ive been to Brno once and I couldnt even have a western small talk with anyone
because they spoke Slovak, of course I couldnt afford being seen talking to Slovaks so I just ran away before the
lies that I, me, a Bohemian, was speaking to Slovak would spread.

tho dude maybe if you spent half of your time and energy you spend complaining and bashing Czechia,
improving your own country and building your own Prague, you would just maybe convince couple of
tourists that you actually are western as well.

Tho all this Czechia west vs east.
Let me just say this:
1k years in HRE
while Slovakia was busy pleasing their asian masters.

>Yo I dont wanna disappoint you but your pic related is not Brno
Google images lied to me :(

Love your country though m8, looks beautiful and I hope to visit one day.

Brno is just flat shit.
In Moravia there is bunch of nice cities, like Olomouc. But thats about where my knowledge of Moravia ends...

Yeah bring your cash, fly to Munich, and go by train from city to city until you make it to Pilsen or so from Germany and go on
good ol' classic Cesky Krumlov -> Prague -> Kutna Hora -> ?Moravian cities? -> Brno -> Wien..
and from there fly back to UK, nothing to see in the east. Ive never been there but I have also met some wild beasts
and other Slovak kind to know that its probably not a nice place to visit.

desu I'd probably just spend my time in praha

Hands off of Slovakia, you big bully, there's nothing wrong with being part of Grorious Hungary.

You know nothing about country, you just know there is fancy historical city and they drink lot of beer. You talk about their culture but you know nothing of it at all. None of your criteria fits, you know nothing about Slovakia and almost nothing about Czech Republic. Nobody considers them western, not even Czechs themselves

>Nobody considers them western
The west does :)

t. Westerner

But it literally doesnt, as soon as you step into Austria you hear jokes about czechs

So what?

We tell jokes about the French, are they suddenly not Western anymore?
You're erratic and emotional and nothing you say makes sense. You're upset that somebody could possibly view another country as Western when you don't, and even more so that they don't view you as Western too.

Just let it go, m8.

Whoa armchair psychologist over here. Im not emotional or upset at all i dont even consider my country western. But sure, you living on fucking island never setting foot ouside of it know more about the divide than me, living literally on the border between eastern and western europe.

Everything i say makes sense, you know nothing about eastern europe or Czech republic yet you make statements about their culture

What jokes? I didnt think Austrians would ever cease to be posh cunts and develop humour.
What do they say about us?
Germans never talk about us or to us.. except when looking for gypsy whores.
You hands off of Slovakia, you bullied them more. We saved their lives.
Also in commie times, czech commies were really thorough and eventhough its true that Western Bohemia
was neglected compared to Prague (since it was supposed to be battlefield in NATO vs Warsaw pact)
but Slovakia only flourished under Czechoslovakia commie edition. You came in as rural shithole with villages
and left somewhat urbanised with industry, industry that was relocated from Moravia and Bohemia to Slovakia.
A lot of that industry was actually from Western Bohemia which was left for dogs and gypsies.

>We saved their lives.
literally
>muh schoolbook hollacost
>in current year people will still ironically pretend to believe this

Everybody knows about your 1k year long oppression of Slovaks, and nobody can blame you, after mere 100 years with them
I would result to worse things than violence.

We should just split Slovakia fifty fity.. then Czech republic should unite in Federal Union with Hungary and create
Czechungaria, our people were meant to be united. Eternal Slovak and their mountain patrols think otherwise though.
There is only one way to bring justice and that is through excessive bloodshed.

>But sure, you living on fucking island never setting foot ouside of it
Guarantee I've been to more countries than you, but that's not the point here.
You keep throwing out unsubstantiated claims like the Czech government is corrupt and impose ridiculous standards like "remove Prague, politics, and money" so that you can fit it to your definition of what isn't Western.
>more about the divide than me, living literally on the border between eastern and western europe
I thought you were claiming Czech was Eastern Europe? Shouldn't that make them the border, not you? :^)

Honestly I dont think Czechia is western. I think we Central European.
Sure all we share with East is gommunism and speaking Slav and with West about 1000 years.
But I dont want to be put in the same category as Germans, remove Germans from West and we will be talking.

>I dont want to be put in the same category as Germans
same desu

>czechs
>conquering anything
you would just surrender as usual

>hungarian army
pic related

>unsubstantiated claims like the Czech government is corrupt

i didnt even say this but its true nontheless, just the fact you dont know this tells me that you know literally nothing about czech republic. Prague is pretty irrelevant in grand scheme of things. Single city doesnt make city western or not, and even then, majority of Prague are just commieblocks that you find in every big eastern city. Then there is Moravia which is turbo bydlo region.

Nobody that was ever to western europe and in Czechia outside of center of Prague could consider it western

>I thought you were claiming Czech was Eastern Europe? Shouldn't that make them the border, not you? :^)

I live 45 minutes from Wien

tho have a nice time in Prague.
remember:
Black people sell LQ dope.
Dont drink and do drugs together.
Drugs are for lazy people that cant be bothered working themselves towards getting smashed with beer alone.
Visit in Summer.
We once had a great army in 1st rep. times. But as we know Czechs arent warmongering bastards, thats where
we and Germs didnt get along.
People who feel the need to kill to get their goals, should start with killing themselves first.

>People who feel the need to kill to get their goals, should start with killing themselves first.

So literally every succesful country should just commit massive suicide

>Dont drink and do drugs together.
shit advice, confirmed faggot