youtube.com/watch?v=Ueeb3qT5jPo
wgntv.com/2016/08/23/violent-crime-spikes-on-chicagos-north-side/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Topographic_prominence
youtube.com/watch?v=tbKp8OV6F64
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Polish clay

nice city
good food
i'm from new orleans so there's obv that whole "who invented jazz" feud but i think we are brothers
plus my favorite band is wilco and they're from chicago so good 4 them

Just know its murder rate is ridiculously high.

Sweet town

>tfw white guy who grew up in south side

You guys have no idea what hell is. My life was like a less dramatic/funny version of shameless

How did the black people treat you?

I find the name very amusing, in particular
"Chicago" reminds me of "Te cago", which means "I shit on you", in Portuguese

Some were fine, a good amount were assholes. Lots of fights growing up, got mugged a few times, etc. You gotta learn how to use your eyes growin up in a place like this. By that i mean you cant really stare or look too long at nigs you dont know because they mighy start shit

Truth

You sound like a puss. I would give you a pass for standing so your back isn't turned to them but not that

Go Cubs

"There's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark out, and we're wearing sunglasses."

yo mään chicago :DD

youtube.com/watch?v=Ueeb3qT5jPo

black poles
literally double niggers...

That's the site with the huge 9/11 memorial in the building and you can see it from the Orange line i believe

* store

* in

i fucking hate Illinois polacks

>nice city
nope

>good food
if you want a heart attack

yes

define "sweet"

this guy is right.

you guys don't fucking understand, Chicago blacks are fucking terrible. the southside is literally worse than the violent parts of Mexico.
in august alone their was 90 homicides, most of which came from the southside

Grew up in west lawn pal. The guy sounds like a puss

where are you from?

It was fantastic when I visited but it was freezing and windy. 8/10 city

>Grew up in west
than you should know how shitty Chicago is.

one of many westside subs flooded with Mexicans.

Laughing at these poorfags not from the north side

>literally being from the actual gayside of chicago

you're not safe either fucker
wgntv.com/2016/08/23/violent-crime-spikes-on-chicagos-north-side/

I know how shitty parts of the city can be but not looking directly at a person when they are staring you down is a sign of weakness

true, but why was he making eye contact in the first place.

when i go to Chicago I'm aware of where im at and mind my own fucking business.

although last time i want i was with my hippie cousin and he stopped to talk to everyone. a guy with a similar camera, a bum playing a guitar, and even those black nationalist fucks.

i swear he's gonna get shot one day.

Because keeping your head down is a sign of weakness

It's extremely violent, dirty, and horrible with no jobs for anyone. No one should move here. There's nothing good here. Everyone should move to New York or Denver or Seattle instead. Those cities are much better.

Please ignore Chicago. If you come to Chicago you will likely get mugged and shot.

answer me my man

>niggers
>liberals

you can keep your head up and not make eye contact, it's not impossible.

also it's one of the most segregated cities in America

>being from the suburbs

lolololololololololololol

I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

Carpentsersville, a town that's literally dived half white and half Mexican, with a tiny black ghetto, that accounts for most crime.

and it's surrounded by bigger, richer, and whiter towns.

I think I'm afraid of getting shot when I go there tomorrow.

Chicago downtown architecture is GOAT. A shame it seems to have many social problems.

Chicago born and raised. A very comfy city on the North Side and Loop, but a shameful shithole on the South and West Sides. To put it in American terms, imagine if Manhattan, Salt Lake City, Los Angeles, and Detroit were combined into one city.

You should be fine in the tourist areas, all memes aside.

This as well.

I'm going to be by the bus station. How is that area?

Which Bus Station? Jefferson Park is fine.

nigger land
pizza
bulls
cups

>nigger land
You're not completely wrong, it's a third white, third hispanic, and third black. Also the most segregated major city in the States.
>pizza
Also this, besides the 'go 'za we have a prolific thin crust pizza-making tradition.
>bulls
This, 95-96 Bulls are FiveThirtyEight NBA GOAT. However, they've fallen, and the Hawks are our current good team.
>cups
If you mean Stanley cups, yeah, see above.

>Argentina
>white

My dad made his master's in Chicago, he says it's filled with blacks and chicanos.
My dad hates blacks and chicanos.

That's the usual outcome

Never bet on the Cubs.

It's to griddy

He's not wrong. I assume he went to UChicago, which is in Hyde Park, which is a nice bunker but still a bunker.

Hoping for the best but expecting the worst for this year, 2bh.

It's the epitome of late 19th/early 20th century urban planning, especially with Daniel Burnham and his plan, which involves a grid system. Also better than the clusterfuck of Boston's streets or the cul-de-sacs of the suburbs, IMPO.

>cubs
>haven't won a world series since before WW1
just become Cards fans already stop being delusional and supporting a bad team.

Not exactly sure, I think he went to UIC, probably. He was an employee of a now bankrupt telecom company, he was offered to make his Master's while working in there.
He met a lot of chicanos working as receptionists, they all earned more money than my parents, but somehow they manage to spend it in stupid shit.
Even though they were driving a huge truck of the year, they lived in the same shit rented flat. My dad always implies to hate those materialistic fucks.

I'm a White Sox fan myself, but yeah, it still seems too good to be true this time around.

I can't blame him with their wastefulness.

Should officially be called Chicongo

Boston streets are beautiful! Human nature laid bare

Well, Chicago is also geographically very flat (it is in fact the key col of Mount Mitchell, the tallest Appalachian Mountain), so the grid suits it well.

>(it is in fact the key col of Mount Mitchell, the tallest Appalachian Mountain

What did he mean

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Topographic_prominence

Basically it's how low you have to go from the tallest height of the Appalachians until you can encounter an even taller mountain. In any case, my comments on flatness and the grid still stand.

No idea desu

I was there a year ago to see a concert by myself. My second lifetime visit to the city (went once with relatives as a kid). A long road trip by my standards but it went well.

I had a fine time in Chicago, but my cheapshit motel room did have a bullet hole in one window, kek. As it was just me I wasn't worried about it. Room was under 100bux a night and I didn't bring any bedbugs home so apart from the bullet hole everything was fine.

-The thing that really struck me about the city was just the endless steady miles of built environment all around. Little/no nature, just kinda building building building road building. Except of course for the Lake, the most noticeable and immutable presence of nature in the city, delimiting it. I found it slightly depressing, but I could adjust pretty quickly if I were to live there.

I took a day to do the basic touristy stuff. the art museum + "willis" (fuck that, it will always be the damn Sears) tower were well worth my tourist bux. I also drove around the city, which I like doing. Went in many Jewel Oscos to piss and keep getting food.

Before the show I made a point of just standing and staring at Lake Michigan for a half hour. Seeing a large body of water all at once is unusual for me. Then I saw my favorite band blocks away from Wrigley Field (1060 West Addison!), so I felt like I'd properly done the town. Stayed on the north side, spent long periods snarled in traffic around... 64? Driving under the El was amusing to me.

drill rap

>Driving under the El was amusing to me.
I thought the "L" was mostly in the alleys 2bh, although there are significant portions over Lake Street. That being said, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay.

That hes poor white trash.

Only in the south side where all the niggers are. Its very segregated.
All major cities are dirty.
Denver is not any better, instead of poor niggers, its full of crazy white wooks, and meth abusers. Denver was nice about 10 years ago, now its fucking trash.
Lots of jobs in the city. And the burbs, which are easily accessible.

the sports fans are cancer. annoying fucks who cant win shit. fuck them all. fucking cunts

Boston's street system is retarded. In fact its almost as retarded as you.

CHI

>Chicago is derived from the local Miami word meaning "leek" or "onion", referring to those which grew on the Chicago River
Literally an Onion

Beautiful city, shitty parts of the city give it a bad name.

Looks like a good place to visit.

youtube.com/watch?v=tbKp8OV6F64

CA

I'm literally going there tomorrow.

It's one of the best cities in North America.

>grew up in rural Illinois
>frequently went to Chicago in my 20s
I miss Chicago, especially the food and concerts.

>t. suburbanite

Boston is an inefficient clusterfuck, and I will gladly fight anyone who wishes to defend that horrible quagmire of a city.

>I took a day to do the basic touristy stuff. the art museum + "willis" (fuck that, it will always be the damn Sears) tower were well worth my tourist bux. I also drove around the city, which I like doing. Went in many Jewel Oscos to piss and keep getting food.
>Before the show I made a point of just standing and staring at Lake Michigan for a half hour. Seeing a large body of water all at once is unusual for me. Then I saw my favorite band blocks away from Wrigley Field (1060 West Addison!), so I felt like I'd properly done the town. Stayed on the north side, spent long periods snarled in traffic around... 64? Driving under the El was amusing to me.
You did Chicago right. Great city to visit, terrible place to live.

>Denver is not any better, instead of poor niggers, its full of crazy white wooks, and meth abusers. Denver was nice about 10 years ago, now its fucking trash.
Are you crazy, or did you only go on Colfax?

Perfect without a certain demographic.

Das rite

i heard there are a lot of Bulgarians there, dont know anything else about it tb h