Should Puerto Rico become a state?

Should Puerto Rico become a state?

It should just become a part of Florida. 50 states is too perfect of a number to ruin.

No
They should be left to fend for themselves.

We have given them three choices
Become a state
Become independent
Or
Stay a territory of America

They always choose the last one
It's time to decide for them and give them independence because I dont want them.

Puerto Rico, we can be friends. But you should be your own country

The US federal government should give them an ultimatum, become a state, or become totally independent. The status-quo US territory situation is bad for the US, and even worse for them.

50 states is a good round number. Puerto Rico is perfectly fine as a territory.

>Puerto Rico is perfectly fine as a territory.
if being insolvent, poor, unemployed, and without reliable electricity is perfectly fine, then ya, PR is fine as a territory.

Gringos leave our country now!

Yeah senpai

It is one already.
Just that hiroshimoot doesn't give a fuck so they still have their meme flag.
>m-muh spic heritage
Florida is far more spanish than you

Being a US territory has little to no benefits.
FFS any trade they do has to go through the U.S before going the destination. This applies even if the country exporting or importing to Puerto Rico is right beside them.

Add Puerto Rico
And add the US Virgin Islands as a state.
Or
Gerrymander California.

Aren't you guys leaving your country so much you're losing more people than are born?

can you guys vote in presidential elections?

Only in primaries. Same as every other US territory

They voted to be a state, but the Republicans refuse to move forward on the process because it would mean they would never win the presidency again.

?
we have 51 states

>cornnigger education

DC is not a state

Hell fucking yes!!

Isn't there supposed to be a second referendum with just a yes/no question? I thought there was a law requiring one because of the last vote being called illegitimate.

It's not?

their flag looks like texas fusioned with usa & chile

Fuck no.

The only things Puerto Rico contribute to the US are low IQ and Negroid genes.

D-DELET

>Giving some more free electoral college votes to the Democrats

It's literally Cuban flag with the blue and red swapped and you should know that

Fuck you you're just in it for the gibs

They ditched it i believe, Congress said it will be invalid. The referendum was gona be, Statehood: Yes or No. Congress ( despise saying it was okay at first) that i has to be Independent or Statehood for it to count, no more Commonwealth.

Lucky for us we're switching to pro-statehood party this elections. So will they shill the fuck outta it.

>being insolvent, poor, unemployed, and without reliable electricity is perfectly fine
It is fine because it's their own damn fault

We have given you way more valuable things. Our people, blood, sweat and tears. We have fought side by side to defeat communist. Just to get treated like second class citizens. For the gibs you gotta thanks faggots Democracts they resolve everything by pandering instead of giving a solution to the problems. They also fucking killed our economy.

Puerto Rico would be a Democratic safe state and make sure only Democrats won the Presidency ever again. Don't make them a state USbros. It is a trap.

Probably... or probably not. Anyways i'd say we have earned our place on that flag.

Certainly. The demographics pretty much assure it would be so.

No. And the single most important reason for this is that 50 is too good of a number to screw up, as other Americans have correctly observed. As a distant second consideration, a permanent Democratic voting bloc (which is what Puerto Rico would amount to) cannot be allowed to have greater political power in national politics.

Fun fact: Puerto Rico is one of the most populated non-sovereign "special" territories in the world. Such places tend either to be historical memes with small populations (like Gibraltar, for example) or deserted islands or antarctic bases with limited sci/mil personnel, but a few have legit city-size populations, like Puerto Rico. The other non-sovereign territory in the world with a large population is Hong Kong.

just get rid of hawaii lol

I would rather give Wyoming to it's neighbors or combine Dakotas

3.5m for a country and a hispanic one, Years older than the US itself. Isn't too bad.

You can take someones right because they will hurdur vote for Democrats. You guys (Republicans) made a shit job here promoting your political party and by shit job i mean fucking non existent. I can't blame PRicans for voting for the only party that """"Cares"""" for us and show interest.

I am a Republican btw.

If Puerto Rico was forced to comply and deal with the same laws as the other US states it would collapse.

The only reason they havent already is they get to act like like a shitty tax and labour law haven.

>country

The perhaps Republicans should fucking put some real fucking effort into PR.

Mississippi would have a contestant.

They should come back home

No

I think they should do whatever they want. Let 'em vote on it.
Personally, I'd rather take Guam and American Samoa first, though.

Ok.

>It is one already
No, it's not. It's a territory.
Goddammit. I know you're not joking, and that hurts me.
>Independent or Statehood for it to count, no more Commonwealth.
Best idea tbqh

dont care desu

let them decide for themselves, 99% if of the time I forget that PR is even a territory. It honestly shouldn't be up to me

>earned our place on that flag
nope. we've basically paid you to be a territory and you only join the military because PR has a shit economy and you breed like rabbits.

Puerto Rico is a state, as it is "a nation or territory considered as an organized political community under one government." The phrase you are looking for is, "join the union".

2/10 I replied
Nobody likes a pedant, and you're ignoring context.

>proper use of English
>pedant
Remember when Scotland joined the UK with the Act of Union and "became a country"? I don't.

>implying he's not right
The phrase "become a state" only applies to territories directly governed by the US federal government that were not previously independent (ie Nebraska, Wyoming, Colorado) not already extant countries or states that join the union (ie Texas, Hawaii, the Thirteen Colonies, Puerto Rico)