Is your language worth learning?

Is your language worth learning?

if you are a weeb

I have no interest in anime, but I plan on taking Japanese as a second language as part of my global and international relations degree in university.

Japan seems cozy as fuck. Especially in the winter in more rural areas.

Yes, America rules the world. English should be changed to American honestly because no one learns it to go to England, they learn it to go to America, because we are #1.

Arabic is the language of England.

If you're a masochist then yes

No.
There's simply no point in learning English.
English speaking countries have done nothing for the past 2000 years

Learn Korean instead

English is the most valuable language in the world.

In many European countries, the local English-speaker serves as a sort of ceremonial mayor in villages, spending his days negotiating with foreign businessmen and wiping chicken grease from down his front with a silk cloth.

The USA has accomplished more than any other country that has ever existed on this planet.

aboslutely not

No
China is the leader in creativity and accomplishments

All china does is profit off of the US's droppings. We are the single most powerful country in the universe.

This is false

What's the point of learning other language? we should only use English and Esperanto for the memes.

>We are the single most powerful country in the universe.
Ok

no

So people on Cred Forums can tell me how I'm wasting my time trying to learn their language.

What "we should" do is rarely done in real life.

Our British chum is referring to China's glorious past and its many contributions to civilization.

we can start another war if you wanna try and say we aren't, we'll just kick your asses again though

If you're into travelling, then yes. If you're looking to increase your job prospects then I think German and French would be better choices.

>What's the point of learning other language?
To fugg cute girls.

Pic related, it's a European girl unimpressed by your lack of skill in her native tongue.

>be from germany
>not win any (wars)

No

To be honest, our seppo, I was being facetious.

My first post should have been enough for anyone to grasp the underlying message.

just realized i posted in the wrong thread, i'm retarded, as for contributing to this thread, english is probably the most useful language to have, but wherever you plan on going just figure out their main language and go with that

Honestly, after you know English, learning any other language is simply for fun.
Esperanto is just as useful as Indonesian or Russian. Especially for people who cannot afford to travel.
Spending 4 weeks a year in some country just to speak a broken version of the language is a a luxury not many people have.

Second most spoken native language in Europe. Also if you get hippie and go to Africa, you'll be able to get around.

Yes, second most spoken language by native speakers by far and third most spoken language by total speakers by far.
According to the "The Languages for the Future" report by the British Council Spanish is the most important language to know in the United Kingdom, right now France needs more than one thousand Spanish teachers because a recent secondary school reform which has begun to be implemented this month that has boosted the demand for a second foreign language, the goverment of Trinidad and Tobago is planning to become a Spanish-speaking country now all of the secondary schools are required to teach Spanish and Trinidad and Tobago will be converted to the second official language of the country in 2020, along with English.
Spanish is also the second most used language in Facebook and third on Twitter, and the second most visited Wikipedia language version.
The studying of Spanish has skyrocketed in a lot of countries, Spanish is now the second most studied language in countries like France, Brazil, Sweden, Norway and Portugal, and the most studied language in countries like the United Kingdom, Belize and the United States, particulary in that country Spanish is more studied that all the living languages combined and actually the United States is home to more Spanish speakers than all of the Spanish-speaking countrues except for Mexico, and the living standards of all the Spanish-speaking countries have risen, for example Spain used to have a life expectancy as high as Nigeria in 1800 but right now is one of the highest of all the countries of the world with countries such as Japan, Australia, Switzerland and Singapore.