Is it true that Americans can't read or write cursive?

Is it true that Americans can't read or write cursive?

>Why yes I am adept in the art of penmanship.

It's mostly the real young kids. They've stopped teaching it in some schools.

I can read it if the person that wrote it doesn't have sloppy writing, but as far as writing in it myself.... mehhh, doable but looks a bit messy.

mudamudamudamuda!

They can't even write with a pencil these days.

>lllllllllllll

they taught it to everyone in school but most people just print

post handwriting charts from your cunt

Never understood why you guys write the cursive "I" like that.

Shtoopid.

>I only write in cursive.
>I refuse to write in print.
>MFW I use cursive on paperwork where it explicitly states "print only"
print is for nigger; I am not a nigger

I can neither read nor write cursive even though I spent 5 years learning it

>those pleb-tier Z's

Real cursive confuses and confounds foreigners/non-whites

I don't have any reason to use it. I can't even remember the last time I had to read cursive and I only have to write it to sign my name. They said in elementary school that you need it to survive but then after elementary school I never had to use it.

I can write and read Cyrillic in cursive though.

It's being phased out in most countries iirc.

Cursive is just a new alphabet to learn.

I don't remember how to write a q or z.

This is literally cyrillic cursive ะท

Only fags use cursive tho.

I was 8 when they thought it in my grad school. I only use it to sign documents.

Only millennials. The did away with it because it triggered them.

I find it impossible to write notes without it. Phasing it out is one of the "Let's be easier on the kids, they need "creativity", not learning" memes.

t. millennial

Here's the ones we learn.

We only used it from 1st to 4th grade, then you just develop your own hybrid typing/cursive font.

The K,W and Y are dotted because we don't use those letters, so we never really learn them in cursive, and we just look at them.

I couldn't find a similar set anywhere. Our A's are different than most I've seen and our Q's are completely retarded, for some reason.

Same as yours

Forcing a different alphabet and writing method for the sake of it is retarded.

You can write much faster in cursive, though. It also teaches a finer control of the pen or pencil.

Usually it's only the capital letters that slow you down.

They teach it in school and say you'll need to use it for everything and then the next week everyone goes back to writing normally.

Pretty sure most can read it but writing it is so slow.

Depends on the person. It never really helped me and I'm sure it's the same for other people. I don't mind it being taught but you should let the kids decide what they want to use rather than basing their grade on something that might not help them. It's the same thing with the fucking common core math being introduced right now. It's supposed to help the kids but it just confuses a lot of people but they grade heavily on being able to use it regardless.

Well, it's not out of the bat. It takes some time.

We learn it as the way to write from the get go, at age 5 or something, so it's easier to get to typing fonts later on, but people still learn it this way.

I switch between cursive and print for what is fastest.

>posting stupid German fraktur z
>zeb ra

I don't know how people can write in print.

I don't think people even write on paper anymore.

Shorthand is for patrians

I'm slower when I write in cursive. When I write fast I don't produce well readable texts. I don't write in cursive anymore. I watched an interview with a font designer. He gave the advice to write in block letters and connect the letters you want to connect. I did that and now I can write fast and my texts are readable. The designer also said that you move your hand forwards and backwards often when you write in cursive. This costs time.

The handwriting of post-1997 or so kids is just abhorrent. Over the summer I was working with several kids born ~2000 who were summer hires and their output on paper looked like nursery school children writing their names in their notebooks with crayon.