Honor guest: Galatians

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WDLCQCsk_fc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

t. tumblrweed

>tfw no one cares about celtic culture anymore

>Celtic thread started by a Moortuguese
Pity bump

Not my fault that you don't know shit about celtic culture. The north of Portugal was part of Galicia.
There's a literal dolmen and ruins of a celtic village near my house... It's something you can't see in Canada

how can you tell apart a celt

Pretty much all celts I've ever met are leftist shit heads.

It's funny cause it's kinda true.
Most people from the old celtic regions are very left-wing and extremely friendly

Th'eroma Kernowek. Yth esoma ow redya hag ow scrifa Kernowek.

Relax. I was joking. That said, you have to admit that Galicia/North Portugal are outsiders ITT by virtue of having no Celtic language. And I don't just mean that you don't speak a Celtic language, but that the language which your ancestors spoke hasn't even been remotely reconstructed. It is language, not culture or ancestral memory or anything so arcane, which makes a person/people Celtic.

>It's something you can't see in Canada
No point insulting Canadians because I'm not from here. That said, at least there is a sizeable Gaelic-speaking diaspora here. This is to say that Canada qualifies in some small way as Celtic proper while neither Portugal nor Galicia can say that.

>celtic is just the language

No it's not. Then i can't say i'm portuguese because i speak a roman language instead of the proto-iberian one (people say that basque maybe related to that)

We are outsiders in the sense that we are not in the anglosphere and since our countries are poor they can't export the celtic culture.

Look, you're talking to someone who speaks a Celtic language and who has spent the better part of his life studying it. The truth is that people like Galicians, Asturians, etc., are occasionally included (by some, usually themselves in an attempt to assert some distinction between themselves in other Iberians) as a nod to history. Playing bagpipes, bodhrans, and tin flutes, and wearing kilts doesn't make you a Celt. Living in an area previously occupied by Celts doesn't make you a Celt. The only thing that makes you a Celt is language. It is, in this way, used much the same as "Anglophone" or "Francophone" or "Hispanophone" is used. The term makes very little sense outside of the field of linguistics, even in the context of history.

Ok. I admit that we are not official
We may not be an "official" celtic nation but we are cultural celts (the galicians even more).
The problem is that the Castillian culture is very invasive and always tries to grab everyone into its grasp, so other iberian cultures remain forgotten.
Also, the >muh heritage americans could never grasp that people called Pedro could be from a celtic background

jokes on you I was only pretending to be cornish

>implying Galicia is any more Celtic than France

inb4Brittany

>tfw Galician heritage
Feels good man

Brittany has its own language. It's not exactly meme tier like Galicia.

>Scottish border begins north of Dumfries
>Cornish border extends to the east of Taunton

not too sure about that map senpai , try this one on for size

No-one likes the south west anyway, gotta admit i have only been there for a bit but it was super depressing and a bit shite.

I think it's supposed to be an old map

galecia is not celtic so fuck off

i think youre supposed to be retarded and dont know what youre talking about

SUPERIOR DANELAW COMING THROUGH

CELTS NEED NOT APPLY

The Cornish border doesn't go past the Tamar. The Colombian's map was presumably made by a retard.

Red hair

As a galician I feel ashamed when some people go full muh breogan. Thank God they are a minority. We were castrexos and now we are just galicians. If my ancestors were more or less celtic it's irrelevant desu.

Hey to all my Celtic brothers from Portugal to Scotland.

Breton here. Fuck you all except my welsh and irish breur.

youtube.com/watch?v=WDLCQCsk_fc

BREIZ ATAO

>WE WUZ CELTS AND SHIT
Topkek

Why do you feel so close to the irish yet forget about cornish who are pretty much the same people as we are ? Also your fuck you all mentality is just plain stupid, you're making us look like cunts.

I'm afraid cornish people are extinct.

Maidin mhaith lads

I'm Welsh and I really just don't count Galicia. If you include them, you might as well include Yorkshire, Lancashire and Cumbria.

>dolmen
>celtic

Leave now, retard.

I agree with this cunt. Galicia is an unwelcome pledge in the Celtic fraternity.