What do you think of your countries capital?

What do you think of your countries capital?
I dislike Oslo.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-JjtR9oJlLQ
youtube.com/watch?v=fqQ70nNhEag&feature=youtu.be&t=19s
knoema.com/atlas/topics/Water/Sanitation-Total-Population/Open-Defecation-Sanitation-percent?type=maps
numbeo.com/crime/country_result.jsp?country=Sri Lanka
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I really like it and I think it's one of the most enjoyable cities here, but the typical Porto fan will come and disagree

Too bland

Too many tourists and shit metro. I really enjoy the museums though.

DC was neat imo

I don't know why Mexico City gets hate from other states?
I like it a lot

Too many commieblocks.
Too many cars.
Too much dog shit.
Too much piss smell.
Gipsy.

Other than that its perfect.

A couple of streets of brits puking and stoned people
A couple of streets of chinese tourists standing in the bike-lanes
A ring of hipsters around these streets
A ring of foreigners around this ring
Housing is insanely expensive everywhere

Its ok, there is a lot to do. If I would get a job there I would like to live in the city.

>countries
>capital
I have non of the above familia

Jewsy

Has a rep for being boring, but if you meet the locals and ask them where the good spots are you can find plenty of fun stuff to do. Awesome zoo and lots of really nice nature all around.

I'd live there if I wasn't a gigantic faggot who complains anytime it's under 15 degrees.

0/10

God-tier Capitol area, eh rest of the city. DC is surprisingly otherwise-irrelevant as a city given its status as the capital, but that probably fits well with the American tradition of having irrelevant capitals.

For my state Capital, Springfield, it's okay as well, and the Abraham Lincoln stuff is pretty comfy.

Too many niggers.

boring shithole

>Too many cars.
>Too much dog shit.
>Too much piss smell.
>Gipsy.
wow Bucarest really is the Paris in the East, huh

surprised it took this long

Love it, the city itself. The people are too progressive for Swedens own good.

Wtf I loved DC when I visited, one of my favorite cities and trip. I think its different when we only visit compared to when we live there. I loved Toronto when I visited yet every Canadian on this board despises the city.

For me, I'd say I love my capital, very pretty, clean, obviously made for tourists, good bilingual service. To get the best view though you need to go on the Gatineau side of the river.

It's the economic and cultural powerhouse that keeps the rest of Finland afloat while maintaining the highest level of average income in the entire country along with the most beautiful architecture and scenery.

People from the rest of the country channel their jealousy into hate. Especially those that don't even enjoy the benefits of rural living but simply happen to suffer in objectively worse cities with less services and activities.

It's literally the nation's butthole. Not just in a "I don't like the percentage of minorities there" way, but it is actually worse than the national average in every - single - regard. Poorer, dumber, more criminal, largest per capita tax receiver. You could literally nuke our capital and instantly make Germany a better place.

Im going to visit Helsingfors some day, and you cant stop me.

>tfw people in my geography class pronounced Helsinki "Hellskinny"

How does Munich compare?

True. Its more fun than the rest of germany though.

Canberra is actually really comfy

I've been studying there for the last 5 years (basically my whole life since I finished highschool bar my gap year) and I don't want to leave

that city doesnt exist faglord

I live in my capital, it's pretty good.

The brumbies are my favourite rugby team, I've stayed quite a few times. Sometimes I stay in fancy hotels and fuck my girl on the heated tiles, but it's also kinda cool to stay at civic pub for like $25 a night

Warsaw is shit rebuild from the ruins of other cities.

Warsowians are ungrateful assholes that think they're special and cool while citizens of every other proper city in Poland facepalm while having a conversation with them.

You could nuke the place and I don't think a lot of Poles would shed a tear.

Kyiv's fine

Too much stolen art though.

every decent museum is full of stolen shit

This is how literally every country talks about its capital

Ottawa is kind of pointless desu. It's a government town, nothing more. I guess there are a few museums to see, but there's no reason for a tourist to spend more than a day in Ottawa when there are more interesting cities like Montreal and Toronto within driving distance. The only reason to live there is if you work for the federal government.

Ottawa>Toronto>Montreal

I have friends who work for the government and last time I went in Ottawa they made me tour the ambassadors neighborhood. Surprisingly enough one of the biggest house is the Irish ambassador's one.

ERIK KARLSSON
R
I
K

K
A
R
L
S
S
O
N

Lisboa is a much comfier city than Porto. Probably top 3 in comfyness for European capitals.

NON COUNTRY.

Makes sense actually. That is a major patronage appointment, the ambassador to Canada must have done something really good for the Irish government to get that job.

my bf lived here

Dutch art museums are just filed with Dutch art and not foreign art... The Rijksmuseum may be called decent right?

I fucking hate it. It needs to be nuked, paved and left as a reminder against corruption.

Move the capital to Denver.

Gay but pretty fun

Also,

>tfw foreign ambassadors have nicer homes than our own prime minister

Justin Trudeau didn't even bother moving into that shithole.

Nice looking, but stockholmers are cancer

>People from the rest of the country channel their jealousy into hate.
I'm pretty sure the Helsinki hating meme is due to fags moving to Helsinki, then going back to the country side to shit on everything while at the same time proclaiming how everything is better in Helsinki. Not jealousy.

That being said, I love Helsinki.

t. Kamppi

The capital is crowded, but the architecture is nice. I think our capital is quite liveable.

>murder capital of the country but the most restrictive for guns
really makes you think

You do the math.

See: Chicago

this is true. the most annoying "helsinkians" are people who moved there and were amazed at the sight of a bigger city rather than the ones who grew up used to it.

Well it's better than the rest of the country, if nothing else.

Would be genuinely happy if it got nuked

What the fuck?!!!

RARE!

What are you?!

Architecture all kinds of fucked up, you can have a 16th century house and on the other side of the street, some disgusting commieblock turd from the 60's, or even an entire street of really old building and some modern shit in the middle of everything.
Dimensional warps that lead you to Morocco, you can be walking in an expensive neighborhood, turn around the corner and it's fucking Africa.
Downtown looks like ass, river has been put underground, piss and puke everywhere, Chinks clog up metros sometimes.

tl;dr it's absolute fucking shit, but i don't want to move out of here

I kind of like London, I wouldn't want to live there but it's nice to visit

Sums it up.

youtube.com/watch?v=-JjtR9oJlLQ

I wish I wasnt born here

i am russia
forgive english

Oslo is actually quite nice. Well, west of the river at least. Ever been to some of the older neighborhoods in Frogner, Majorstuen and St. Hanshaugen? They're honestly London or even Paris-tier.

And if you include Aker Brygge, Grünerlokka and all the Barcode shenanigans, you actually have a handful of really nice spots. I'm with you as far as the east side goes, in that it consists 80% of very ugly buildings, but don't let that ruin the entire city. It used to be A LOT worse, believe me. Especially the "ethnic" neighborhoods. They've actually mostly disappeared.

Don't get me wrong, I am leaving, but when I come back in 20 years, it'll be great.

Belgrade is a crap and is about to get a lot worse soon. Novi Sad is the true capital.

Looks like a BF map

London is a dream city if you're rich, but it's worse than anywhere else in England if you're working class.

Still better than Scotland and Wales though.

Lisbon is a shithole and now, with the massive amount of tourists it became even more shittier.

This.

imo trains and trams are breddy nice, and city is bigger...don't really know what else there is, never got the hype and only have visited couple times long time ago.

t. turku

>Lisbon is a shithole
I'm gonna sound like an American, but your malls are really good, if that makes you feel any better. I went to Amoreiras and believe me when I say we have absolutely nothing that comes close. Great restaurants and a truly humongous selection of quality foods in the supermarket. It felt very 21st century, in a way.

VERY accurate description of Amsterdam. Still like it there though

it's filled with bolivians and paraguayans now but it used to be nice even if some of the people there are rude cunts

t. gajo do norte

T. gajo do sul que defende o cancro da Pátria.
O terramoto aconteceu por um motivo .

surprisingly decent in the center, although it's surrounded by favelas and horror

>when I come back in 20 years, it'll be great
If politicians get their shit together. Oslo has the potential to be a hypermodern Nordic Manhattan, but it never will be with how slow things are going. And the biggest offender are the streets across Oslo as a whole, which are nasty as fuck.
Like just look at your pic, and that's a high class area. They haven't been replaced in like 50 years, so I don't see much changing in 20.

Qual é o problema com Lisboa?

Lisbon is the Cancer that prey's on my fellow country men good faith .

People have no ideia what the rest of Portugal suffer's to keep that shit hole running

Por acaso sou do Norte e confesso que é bem melhor que o Sul.
Nada contra os Alentejanos que eles até são porreiros mas o Norte é melhor. Lisboa é o cancro de Portugal que tudo suga e de tudo se apropria

This, and the worst part is that the only culture that is exported from Portugal is the Lisbon culture wich is pretty lame considered that the other places in Portugal are way more amazing culturally-wise.
No wonder the tourists can't distinguish Portugal from other southern european countries

Chances are you will be sorely disappointed
However
>Helsingfors
no

A terra dos parasitas.

80% dos impostos não saem de lisboa.
E mesmo assim são puro lixo.

Eu tenho desdém para com os Lisboetas .
Adoro todos os Povos de Portugal, tive em todas as ilhas e distritos da Pátria e nenhum me me meteu mais nojo, nem as terras mais isoladas do Norte competem em perseguição às pessoas cultas

London is the only decent place in England

very very VERY

Warsaw dislikes everyone, everyone dislikes Warsaw.

They behave like total było everywhare they go and people resent them for that.

Warsawians dislike evryone bc when government does some shit people go to Warsaw to riot.

bydło* not było

Also this.
We have a millennium old culture ruined by the Capital and they non stop importation of Kizomba and niggers .
I could go on forever about how shit our capital is

tfw I know that feel.

Its like an evil city where the air is toxic

Shit, you've just described Moscow.

London is a great place to live if you have inherited wealth. Otherwise it's total shit

I live in it.
Too many tourists.
Too many shit skins and mudslides.
Feels like a fucking village.

But I find it comfy as fuck, there are tons of concerts and events every week, and it's biutifuru.

It's horrible

It's just so sad how it would look ok (l'm talking central parts here, not the commieblock sprawl) if it weren't for everyone grafitti-ing shit all the time, shitty roads and less activity than supposed to, combine that with everyone being a fucking gipsy and a turk rapebaby

fuck this actually, it's a lot worse, nuke the south and moldova please, l always wonder when l hear foreigners saying it's ok on the telly

>village

Overcrowded islamo-african village that is

even if i had absolutely loads of money, i'd rather live somewhere else. i don't know why anyone would want to live in that polluted, overcrowded, dirty, congested shit hole. even if you live in a rich area, you're only really 20 minutes from hell. land locked and encircled by trash

>when you see 1st worlders loathing their cities

>People from the rest of the country channel their jealousy into hate. Especially those that don't even enjoy the benefits of rural living but simply happen to suffer in objectively worse cities with less services and activities.

This so much. It is like an unwritten rule that if you are not born or living in the capital that you have to hate it even though it is where all the money is being made in most cases.

What building is that white/yellow commieblock next to the Waag? We should nuke it

the natural advantage a bigger city brings with it is you can have more specialized things. bars that only play a certain kind of music or how even before the microbrew craze there were tons of places to test good beers at. just more variety in general because things can appeal to a smaller portion of the population and still be financially viable.

Boring as fuck.

This.
If you know where to go, Oslo can be very beautiful. The future of the rest of the city is also looking pretty bright.

Amsta verzorgingshuis

We should nuke the entire Wibautstraat, the ING strijkijzer and that fucking bathtub extension of the stedelijk museum while we are at it

I'm not a fan of big cities and I haven't been there in a long time. But it's alright, I guess.

For a brazilian city it looks rather organised and clean

>germany would improve without berlin

kek

60% of the homicides of my country occur there. I-I dislike it.

And make Colorado Springs the state capital :3

>Capital of the country
>Doesn't even have a metro
Kek

I thought it was alright, actually. It definitely feels a little dirty and a little raunchy, but I found it a bit exotic. A bit like what Budapest was like right after the fall of the iron curtain. It sounds tragic, but it's actually a strength. In a few years time, it will be a lot better.

Filled with corruption and nigs. Good architecture and museums though.

Lisboa sounds like a disease. how do you pronounce it? Lisbon sounds so much nicer

Nice center, but outskirts should be demolished and rebuilded

This desu.
I live in Häme though.

It's nice but really crowded. I like Rotterdam more.

youtube.com/watch?v=fqQ70nNhEag&feature=youtu.be&t=19s

kek why latin america has the meme brt system

the city centre is nice and would be even nice if it wasn't for all the fucking tourists
apart from it, you have either comfy villa neighbours from the 1st republic or commieblock concrete jungle

thanks fäm. still think Lisbon sounds nicer

The street grid supposedly is a pentagram.

*nicer

>Helsinkians think they live in an amazing metropolitan area

Moscow has as much population as my entire cunt tree, shit's mind boggling tbqh.

I don't think anyone who actually lives there considers it a big city. Only böndes do that. Saying it's better than the rest of Finland doesn't mean they think it's the same as New York.

It's cheap (at least in short term), but yeah, it's a meme, specially for a city as big as Bogotá.
The metro here in Medellín is a nightmare in rush hour, now imagine Bogotá with only brt and more than twice of the population.

its pretty good

I live in Rotterdam, but I'd like to move to Amsterdam when I finished my study. The only advantage of Rotterdam is the lack of Chinese tourists.

Too much smog, too much people with awful attitude, too many cars, etc

one of the worst cities in the country, actually. was even worse in the 80s and 90s. nig central.

Looks neat, how is tourism there? Probably an offensive question, but how different is it from India?

>when I come back in 20 years, it'll be great.

>west of the river at least

West of the creek FTFY :)

Helsinki is pretty great tbqh
The people don't conform to my political views though so that's no good.

>Ottawa is kind of pointless
>It's a government town, nothing more

I mean, it's the capital...the whole point is for it to be a government town.

Not the biggest D.C. fan

>here in Medellin

RIP user

Capital cities in Europe are also their cunt's cultural and economic centers. Ottawa is neither of those things, not even close, it has nothing but bureaucrats and politicians.

Backing up what other leafs say about Ottawa, kind of a meh stupid half french half anglo city with nothing but annoying members of parliament.

Sweden's capital is gay as fuck too. Gothenburg is way cool, and Umea is vastly more awesome.

Well, it exists.
As for how it's different, I guess that depends on in what sense you mean.

I mean, there are also museums, schools, plenty of shops, and so on. It's not a major hub in the sense that Toronto or Montréal might be, but it DID used to be in the centre of Canada, and it IS a fine city on it's own, if a little bland.

Though to be fair, you can't really compare Old World countries and their capitals to New World anything. We developed completely differently in a different time with different technologies and goals in mind over a MUCH shorter period.

Religiously, daily customs, poverty, street shtting, crime?

Well it's predominantly Buddhist rather than Hindu

No idea

Population below poverty line:
8.9% (2010 est.)
CIA

considerably less
knoema.com/atlas/topics/Water/Sanitation-Total-Population/Open-Defecation-Sanitation-percent?type=maps

Mostly corruption
numbeo.com/crime/country_result.jsp?country=Sri Lanka

probably petty theft too

>No idea
Do you not live there? What's your daily life like. Also thanks for the info

I shitpost online and sometimes watch chinese cartoons and things

Thats y i left ;)

I live there, I like it to be honest.
Atleast is not honduras

It is much cheaper than making a metro and better than average buses.

I was disappointed in the state museum in Springfield

I don't know, I've never been there.

It seems like it would be cool to visit for all the museums, monuments, and historical stuff, but wouldn't be a great place to live since it's expensive and doesn't have a ton of stuff to do that other cities don't have too.

The sites are the best part of D.C

full of awful and rude people, reminder that Santiago is not Chile

Yeah, but surprinsingly enough it's not even the most contaminated city in the country