American ship operated by UAE sunk by Houtis using a Chinese missile

youtube.com/watch?v=WTNeEYlO3Iw

>Yemeni forces have targeted and destroyed an Emirati military vessel in a rocket attack near the Red Sea port city of Mokha, al-Masirah TV says. The C-802 is the export upgraded version of the Chinese anti-ship missile YJ-8 (Chinese: 鹰击-8, literally "Eagle Strike"; NATO reporting name: CSS-N-8 Saccade).

>The ship is a wave-piercing, aluminum-hulled, commercial catamaran with military enhancements, such as a helicopter flight deck, vehicle deck, small boat and unmanned vehicle launch and recovery capability, and a communications suite. While from the front the vessel looks like a trimaran, the center hull does not rest in the water and is not used for buoyancy. Propulsion is provided by directional water jets, so the ship does not have propellers or a rudder for steering, and can maneuver in twelve feet of water.

>As of July 2015 the vessel is reported to be operated by the UAE's National Marine Dredging Company. The United Arab Emirates are part of the ongoing Saudi-led War in Yemen.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HSV-2_Swift

>HSV-2 Swift is a hybrid catamaran originally leased by the United States Navy as a mine countermeasures and sea basing test platform. She was privately owned and operated by Sealift Inc. and previously chartered to the United States Navy Military Sealift Command. She was primarily used for fleet support and humanitarian partnership missions. As of 2015, the ship was reported to have been operated by the UAE's National Marine Dredging Company. On 30 September 2016 the ship was reportedly sunk off Yemen.[1]

Holy Shit

How Blown the fuck out is the US now?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/u-s-steel-tariffs-create-a-double-edged-sword-1464740256?client=safari
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HSV-2_Swift
bloomberg.com/news/videos/2016-09-06/china-eats-up-larger-chunk-of-world-s-shrinking-trade-pie
google.com/amp/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN0XJ097?client=safari
investopedia.com/articles/markets/062416/corporate-bankruptcies-jump-china.asp
scholarlycommons.law.northwestern.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1770&context=njilb
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Were there any sharts on board?

> Houtis

This was propably the Yemen armed forces loyal to the former Yemeni president Saleh allied to the Houthis. Or maybe some Iranian/Hezbollah undercover ops.

>Chinese missile from 1989
Embarrassing

However if the ship was operated by Americans, it may have been a different story

Where they actively engaging them?
If they were taken by surprise it could have been due to deceptive tactics, but in those waters you should have had the crew on high alert.

>built by Australians
>used by the US for a few years
>not even a true war vessel, it was retrofit
>some arabs use it now
>LOL USA BTFO

Really reaching there Ahmed. Stick to the tried and true shitposting.

>if the ship was operated by Americans
This. Arabs could fuck up a wet dream.

Muslims killing muslims
Using Chinese hardware

What's the downside?

It's made of aluminum, designed to transport equipment or a few troops.

It's not exactly the death star.

Also it was operated by Arabs/Muslims.

Things are in fact different when a ship is operated by a USN or RN crew.

Without any Marts ? I doubt that.

>chinese missiles can take down american ships

USN on suicide watch.

CHANG'D

It's the only thing that can make them feel better as their pathetic caliphate crumbles to dust before it even really started.

Calm down spaz. That's not a warship and an American company leased it to the UAE not the U.S. govt.

YELLOWED

I like the one where the arabs drive tanks around side on to other tanks

What caused the attack? Was the UAE ship in international waters?
What a fucking wast a butifel (see Meliki) ship. Especially one made for light operations.
>a tragic waste of money too

There was no way it could have survived any sort of attack. It has no form of air defenses. It's supposed to be protected by other ships.

this, aren't those things used for mine detection?

Built by Australians that's why.

The US Navy just leased it at some point.

Sort of, but the US mostly just used it as a test ship.

I don't think the UAE were using it as a mine warfare ship anyways, I just think they were just using it for transport.

>How Blown the fuck out is the US now?
Why? Because they sold some toys to some ragheads and now the toys broke?

>Built by Australians
With Chinese steel

>implying china doesn't get all of their iron ore from Australia

Australian Iron is actually really good

Which makes it even more depressing that the Chinese ruin it so effortlessly

do they though lol?
most of the skyscrapers in America are made out of Chinese steel too ya know.

hmm maybe thats why the world trade centers collapsed due to a fire because jet fuel can't melt steel beams unless they were chinese steel

you missed the best part. crew is american.

>most of the skyscrapers in America are made out of Chinese steel too ya know
>Searches related to Chinese steel and US skyscrapers

>steel skyscrapers destroyed by fire
>who was involved in the development of the skyscraper
>mini sky city china
>chinese skyscraper built in 6 days
>fastest building construction in china
>chinese skyscraper falls down
>57 story building in 19 days
>fastest building construction in india

Can find nothing on American skyscrapers and Chinese steel btw

It was crewed by UAE civvies when it sunk

would think everyone was getting steel from china these days with how much of it they make, can't be too terrible

Why are Middle Eastern militaries so incompetent...
You'd think living in a war zone for most of your life would breed a little bit of extra awareness.....

wew

wow

this is what trump is talking about

holy fucking shit

>toys broke
And it's not even like it fell apart. Their neighbor broke their toy cuz dey mad.

So the Chinese are basically like neo-Cred Forums incarnate and super edgy?
Seems fun.

>all these buttmad USA posters

Maybe they should have protected it better. It's hardly a destroyer.

I don't see how this story indicates a failure for the U.S. in any way. It would be like laughing at the U.S. when the Belgrano sunk because it used to be an American ship.

RICE'D

Can this thread just be about all the times America has been less than adequate?

>implying we have time to post all those incidents

CHINK MISSILES BTFO ARABS

I guess that shows you the "quality" America sees as proper for its ships.

Golden Gate Bridge uses Chinese steel now

You could have the best titanium alloy in the world and it still won't stop a cruise missile.

Why is it such a big deal that some sand nigger cargo ship was blown up by another group of sand niggers?

because you seppos get really butthurt over it regardless.

>Arabs shooting Arabs
>Somehow America is blown the fuck out

What?

>this damage control by my countrymen

Then again, Arabs make EVERYTHING look bad.

Either way, this is proof the Chinese missile works and can fuck shit up.

Title had be under the impression that this has something to do with the USA and PRC.

Really it's just Arabian peninsula bullshit.

damn you are mad m8

This is just sad.

Most steel here is domestically produced or from Canada, Mexico or South Korea.

I work at the Export/Import Bank of America specializing in China and this is a bullshit anecdote.

America buys $3 trillion in Chinese goods each year. If the goods were shitty or buying them was difficult, we would look elsewhere.

Meanwhile we also exported $2.2 trillion to China.

US Navy ship.

We've known that air to surface missiles easily BTFO ships for a long time now.

>Title had be under the impression that this has something to do with the USA and PRC.

>American reading comprehension

google.com/amp/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/u-s-steel-tariffs-create-a-double-edged-sword-1464740256?client=safari

Surely we are hiking tariffs on nothing?

It's implied the user works for a Russian company which purchases cheap and shady steel

US has certification requirements and if they aren't met then the producer isn't getting paid

>Meanwhile we also exported $2.2 trillion to China
Not relevant

*Former US Navy ship
inb4buttmad

Why should US care? It wasnt a US navy ship. The Gulf countries are notoriously incompetent

It has no missile defense systems you dumb kraut.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HSV-2_Swift
>Status: Left US MSC contracted service in 2013

Tecnically still yours.

Well, "lowest bidder".

Chinese steel (in its different varieties) is no different from domestic steel. If it was, companies wouldn't buy it.

>>American reading comprehension
You say this like you aren't an American yourself

Point is, you put "China" and "US" like they're actual entities in this fiasco, when it was really only just the origin of the toys.

Look, stop eating rice off of the floor in your favelafor 5 seconds and use your brain. Realize that this has nothing to do with the US getting blown the fuck out. The ship has no missile defense systems, its the equivalent of a Coast guard boat.

>getting this butthurt

Just said that the shit still US Navy, even though Ar*bs are using it.

Maybe YOU should use your brain and stop shitting in your pants for 5 secs.

U.S. needs to nuke Houthis.

Are you autistic
>Sell ship
>"It's still yours"

>Chinese steel (in its different varieties) is no different from domestic steel. If it was, companies wouldn't buy it
It's also cheaper by ~$400 per ton

>WTC
>built in the 1960s-70s
>using Chinese steel
Uh...

this is, how you say, a problem

Jesus, and I get mad over Mexican suppliers being 3 days late on stamped panels.

It was an Australian built civil ship that was previously leased out to the US Navy as a non-combat vessel. How again does that make us blown out?

>It's also cheaper by ~$400 per ton

Hence the tariffs.

Nigga, read the fucking first line.

>American ship operated by UAE sunk by Houtis using a Chinese missile

Literally clear as day.

You actually think greentext stories represent reality?

Usually no, but I've been fucked by Chinese electrical components enough to believe this.

Yes and I've been fucked over by Japanese "businessmen".

Anecdotes = trash evidence.

The Chinks just did this
bloomberg.com/news/videos/2016-09-06/china-eats-up-larger-chunk-of-world-s-shrinking-trade-pie
because someone is buying their goods.

>China's proportion of global exports rose to 13.8 percent last year from 12.3 percent in 2014, data from the United Nations Conference on Trade and Employment shows, the highest share any country has enjoyed since the United States in 1968.

>The success belies widespread predictions rising costs for Chinese labor and a currency that has increased nearly 20 percent against the dollar in the last decade would cause China to lose market share to cheaper competitors.

>Instead, China's manufacturing infrastructure built during the country's industrial rise of recent decades is keeping exports humming and providing the basis for firms to produce higher-value products.

>"China cannot be replaced," said Fredrik Guitman, formerly China general manager for a Danish maker of silver products, adding that reliable delivery times were more important than price. "If they say 45 days, it will be 45 days."

If you read all of it you would realise he said the big ones deliver, the small ones are mostly cons.

Also i would like to ask if you differentiate between Chinese assembly/manufacturing for western companies and that from chinese companies?

He's referring to businesses which were not large tier one suppliers. Bigger Chinese companies are just as competent as western firms for the most part, they have to be to be competitive in the global marketplace, but you sure as hell can bet that this type of cheating is common as fuck among small and mid size Chinese firms.

I swear to fucking god anytime you post anything negative about Chinese business dealings these people come out of the woodwork to defend it and always use the same justification "Well if it was so bad why would there be so much business?!!"

Last time I posted something I had like 4-5 posts just like that. All from American flags.

Not even going to bother but my experiences in dealing with China are similar to that image. There is a huge culture of incompetence, laziness, con-artistry in Chinese business you have to deal with. The truth is it's worth dealing with it because there one of the only games in town to do a ton of shit now.

>>>

It is awful on Reddit. Something bad about China comes up and within minutes 500 people will show up defending China.

>but you sure as hell can bet that this type of cheating is common as fuck among small and mid size Chinese firms.

Then how are they in business?

If you go to China, the small and medium size businesses are the ones that get fucked over by the big corporations. They get no govenrment support. They are the ones who face the actual free market.

If you are getting fucked over by business in China, find a new source. The Chinks are hand over fist begging for someone to export to, and they are taking market share because they can PROVIDE.

There are cheats in even the best society. My three years in Japan showed me that. It's only money and regulations that keep them hidden from view.

Does this change the facts amigo?

>wahhh facts hurt me
>must be shills

Are you seriously arguing that your anecdotal experience is better evidence than market share?

>The truth is it's worth dealing with it because there one of the only games in town to do a ton of shit

What? You are telling me there are not alternatives???

Where did the meme about everyone shifting production to "low cost" India and ASEAN go?

Read the fucking news for once.
google.com/amp/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN0XJ097?client=safari
Underestimate the Chinks and we'll be caught up shit creek with no paddle.

>Then how are they in business?
Already explained
Scams

I have no idea what you're ranting about but it's funny so don't stop

Do they train you how to talk on Cred Forums versus talking on Reddit/Facebook or some other more normal sites?

Nigga what the fuck are you being such an aggressive weirdo about. I believe that this dude's dealings with Chinese manufacturers are true because I've been fucked by Chinese manufacturers as well. Some are decent. Some are absolutely shoddy and run like ponzi schemes.

You let foreigners test your weapons against the enemy, nothing new here.

>unarmed transport

>Scams

Jesus christ you are autistic.

I was trained at USFA Yokosuka in Japan.

>Scams
Kek yes American businesses have been getting scammed out of $3.2 trillion a year in China.
Surely the businesses just love handing money to China. Who cares about logic?

I may be autistic but don't pretend flipping out over stereotypes in Chinese business doesn't make you any less of a twitchy sperg

I was referring to small/medium Chinese businesses, I suppose I should've made that more clear

This is some bottome of the barrel-tier materiel. Apply yourself.

I wasn't claiming to make an in-depth analysis of the title, it's just that it makes it seem like America and China have more at stake in this than they do.

> Then how are they in business?
The declare bankruptcy immediately after being sued and then use the money the scammed out of people to start a new company, scam more people, rinse and repeat
Chinese government doesn't care and doesn't investigate/prosecute

You are simply ignorant.

Which I've already explained are even less likely to "scam" or "screw over" because they recieve no government protection. They are the ones who actually are exposed to the free market, and therefore if they have a bad reputation they go bankrupt.

And that is why I wrote
>American reading comprehension

First of all, bankruptcy is EXTREMELY rare in China.

Second, that still doesn't explain why people buy from China. If all that happens is a scam and you aren't making a profit, then why don't you go somewhere else?

Unlike inside China, Chinese companies have to actually PROVIDE to succeed in the export market.

This "Ship" was build in Australia and leased to the USN to test new ships and stuff like that.

It isn't an American ship at all.

>4x .50 MG
Can't they shoot down the missile with that like in vidya?

No it isn't.
It happens all the time.
People buy from/do business in China because there's many big and reliable companies who don't scam and that's where most of the non scam business is done.
But there's still plenty of small/middle sized business who scam people lured by a good offer.
They make millions, maybe a few billion doing this but that's not enough to even do a dent on the trillions of $ worth of business to be done in China so people keep doing business in China.
Most business is straight and honest, but there's still lots of scams, how hard can it be to understand?

>It happens all the time.
[Citation needed]

>can't be too terrible
Chink steel is of tremendously poor quality. The only reason that anyone ever buys it is because they can sell it for less than what it actually costs to make

> The Supreme People's Court says China accepted 1,028 cases filed forbankruptcyin the first quarter of 2016

investopedia.com/articles/markets/062416/corporate-bankruptcies-jump-china.asp

>inb4 biased source

DELET THIS

[Citation needed]

Now please tell me the RATE of bankruptcies.

Oh wait
scholarlycommons.law.northwestern.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1770&context=njilb
>The Curious Case of the Missing Bankruptcy in China

Don't you just love how it lights up?