What's living in the rust belt like? Are steel mills and stuff still common?

What's living in the rust belt like? Are steel mills and stuff still common?

It must be "rusty" haha

Cred Forums Pass user since September 2016.

Probably hopeless

Yeah, it's terrible here. Nobody is building plants here anymore and nothing in being built.

Stay away.

Nice digits
It's like living everywhere else in America except Peyton Manning is a more controversial person.
Many of the old mills are shutdown

All the steel plants are closed. It's terrible.

(Trump is a fucking idiot.)

All the auto plants are closed because the jobs went to Mexico.

(Trump is a fucking idiot.)

Varies from town to town. Places like Chicago, where I'm from, still have an economy and are functional cities with comfy living, but there are placed like Gary or Detroit, or less famously Youngstown, Ohio, where there's little stuff left and it's trash. Most of the classic Rust Belt is somewhere in between, but in general the cities and towns are trash while the rural areas are still worthwhile. Also, most of the steel mills have shut down, but Northwest Indiana still has most of its industrial infrastructure intact.

+25 Hillarybucks for this shillposting. (^:

I live here in Marysville. Honda is at capacity and had to build a new plant for the NSX. They had to ship the motorcycle production back to japan to make room for the additional capacity needed for cars. Honda built a new engine plant in East Indiana a few years to meet demand. Worthington Steel is doing fine. And they're building house like crazy in the area.

Exactly. Some places are doing poorly, while others are doing great. Trump painting it all with a broad brush only reflects either his ignorance or he's blatantly lying. You decide.

Our unemployment rate here is 3.8%. Companies are having trouble filling jobs.

why does literally every small town in pennsylvania look like this
is this gettysburg

Cred Forums Pass user since September 2016.

what

>He actually gave Cred Forums his own money
>his
>own
>hard
>earned
>money

Yeah, it seems too hilly to be right by the Great Lakes, so either PA or southern Ohio/Indiana would seem appropriate.

>>his
>>own
>>hard
>>earned
>>money

More like his mom/dad's hard earned money

>he doesn't have $20 to spare

Fucking depressing due to lack of jobs, drugs/gangs, shitty housing and shit loads of abandoned factories. Thank god I left my hometown after high school.

tbqh I've been meaning to buy the pass since they introduced it. fuck typing in captchas

I've never seen a Hillary lawn sign anywhere but there's steadily more and more Trump signs (and some Gary Johnson ones) so it's obvious his message is clicking with a lot of people.

I'm voting for Johnson

Non Americans can't vote in an American election. Sorry.

But I can

lesouthparknicememe.png.html.exe

I went once to visit a friend. Pittsburgh suburbs. It was fucking depressing. Mostly because the people didn't understand how bad they had it. Everythings still functional, but you can tell that nothing is anywhere near as nice as it once was. An example is a baked goods shop that my friend had taken me to; it looked like it hadn't been remodeled since 1971. The inside was so old looking and none of the goods were marked. I had to ask the prices of everything and the lady paused trying to come up with something each time. When I told them I was from California they got excited. Neither of them had ever been out of Pennsylvania. It looked like the average revenue from that baked goods store couldn't have even exceeded $100 a day. There weren't even $100+ worth of goods on display. There was nothing on the menu board, an old style one from before everything was just printed on plastic sheets. It was just sad. And aparently that's just fine there. That's the way things are supposed to be. The biggest business in town was walmart. People ate mcdonalds for dinner often. No jobs. No future. No real reason to exist. Like seriously, what the fuck man.

Let's both be honest. Yes they can. Mexicans have been voting for almost 20 years now.

kek

Let's see now, NAFTA, ridiculous outsourcing, unions, automation etc...

You actually got me feeling I don't know how to say... sad for them?
Depressing really.

Has anyone noticed OP's GET?

Indeed. I went through Erie PA en route to Niagara Falls and the exit sign says "You are leaving Erie, PA... Please Come Back"

The jobs aren't coming back. Automation has killed the need for a large number humans in manufacturing.

What's a city in the US comparable to melbourne (i.e the worlds most liveable city 5 years in a row)?

Don't say SF cause i hated it there. I want a snug comfy city that is still alive and not dead. I thought pittsburgh was good but some guy ITT made it sound awful.

I went to philly and it seemed nice af. It's actually one of my favourite cities. Apparently in the suburbs (which i didnt go to), niggers are a huge problem. In fact niggers seem like a recurring problem througout the US. Why did you let abe cuck you?

Seattle is a lot like SF in that it's cozy, but it's also similarly cucked (it's in King County, which was originally named for Rufus William King before they change it to be named after MLK Jr.). Pittsburgh is great if you're in technology or medicine, even if the surroundings are bad. Oddly enough Philadelphia has a reputation for ghettoness here, although that's only North Philly. Blacks are only in the cities outside of the South, and even then only in the Great Lakes and Northeast.

So my personal list would be Salt Lake City, Seattle, or Portland tbqhwy.