youtube.com/watch?v=aCyGvGEtOwc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nGIUtLO_x8g
youtube.com/watch?v=bpOSxM0rNPM
youtube.com/watch?v=QIcwpqRtDBQ
youtube.com/watch?v=YKA80CJhpj4
youtube.com/watch?v=Tkhx-DxvbEI
youtube.com/watch?v=Vcjy0dr42gc
rollingstone.com/music/lists/100-best-songs-of-2013-20131204/arctic-monkeys-do-i-wanna-know-19691231
youtu.be/Ec8bbDNhq54
youtube.com/watch?v=Zv4opjE2rZo
youtube.com/watch?v=aRhsvLaV8qE
youtube.com/watch?v=-xslGkBOTpk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yeah

>culture

No I love the USA & USA culture

USA is based

It's beyond love or hate for them because they're so used to it they can't even recognize it. It's like blacks saying "white people have no culture" in the English language. Their lives are so shaped around American ingenuity that they seriously will use the American Internet to post American memes on an American website created by and for Americans who primarily discuss American media and politics just to say "America has no culture". American culture is oxygen to them

I want to put my dick inside her reproductive system desu senpai

>america culture is about memes and japanese cartoon websites

I'd rather fuck her tbqh

youtube.com/watch?v=nGIUtLO_x8g

plebe

it's not "my" culture and yes i hate it

latin america as a whole is a niggerspic hellhole and it should be purged and put in the bin

>that token black guy

I always dreamed of going on a walkabout in Straya while munching on tuckka and blowing my digeriedoo

She's definitively hot, music isn't really that bad, too.

Not all of it, but comeon that wasn't exactly helping your cause, here let me help you.

youtube.com/watch?v=bpOSxM0rNPM

Halsey is my bae

youtube.com/watch?v=QIcwpqRtDBQ

not only are arctic monkeys shit, but they're also british retard

Oh fuck, just realized that for all the Americana in the vgideo that's an English band, my bad

A classic can't miss

youtube.com/watch?v=YKA80CJhpj4

Man, Arctic Monkeys rock, post something you think is better or STFU

your opinion about them doesn't make them american you mongoloid

Which I just admitted to myself dumb ass see I'm specifically arguing your saying they're shit

I prefer decode

If only Band era (MCR, Good Carlotte, PaTD, FoB, LP, BMTH, AAR, FF, M5, pic related) last longer.
Now US music only full of shitty rap with auto-tune shit.

>calling it culture

they're the most generic teenage buttrock you could find you fucking pleb, they're pop songs for people that don't listen to pop, the kind of shit that's made specifically for the retards that say "I like everything except rap"
>Which I just admitted to myself dumb ass
only after I pointed it out you underaged pleb

She's less attractive and her music is atrocious.

Try again dumb fuck, I'm probably one of the older guys posting here and you're not backing your argument up with posting something quality, your tripe argument "I like everything" argument is just generic, you want underground music?

youtube.com/watch?v=Tkhx-DxvbEI

I don't have a problem posting what I consider good

Yeah. Some of you are OK, though.

I bet my life that he is a Cred Forumstard

I'm not going to waste my time explaining why you're a pleb, instead I'll let this guy explain it to you
youtube.com/watch?v=Vcjy0dr42gc

USA is gay and smells weird.

i knew you smelled like Cred Forums

>tfw saw paramore TWICE in a single year at dedicated shows (not fedtivals)

15 y/o me was bad

>implying you have a culture.

>Anthony Fantano

Top kek

Seriously man? I'll take the word of the specialized press over some faggot youtuber, and you're the one discussing age here ffs

rollingstone.com/music/lists/100-best-songs-of-2013-20131204/arctic-monkeys-do-i-wanna-know-19691231

Not that I don't find it stupid to not actually discuss the merits, misses of a song rather than go on arguments from authority

Nope, i fucking love murican culture, i wish i was american desu senpai.

>65613272

>Kacey Musgraves
>atrocious music

Fuck you it's comfy country

V A P O R W A V E

>guns and money
>hate
No, bro

Nah arctic monkeys are pretty good
Their new stuff is a bit pop though tbf

Do you listen to it?

The US is one of the top countries for music. There's plenty of garbage, yeah, but there's also a lot of really really good stuff.

I'd it weren't for the combined efforts of US and UK, we wouldn't have rock, metal, jazz, blues, or hip hop

>argues about sources
>posts rolling stone
as if you weren't enough of a pleb, you want to know why that song is shit? because it's generic as fuck and uninspired buttrock, I'll explain it to you since you obviously have shit taste, that song (and the entire album) consists of a simple recipe, slow intro drums mark the generic 4/4 beat, then the guitar comes in playing the little tune that they're going to repeat the entire song, then you have the verse on top of it until the chorus comes in, which usually consists of the same notes from the verse switched around but in this occasion arctic monkeys decided to be particularly lazy and just have the exact same repeating loop of chords. instead of actually writing a song they're layering the same tune on top of itself in the form backup vocals and multiple instruments, of course every instrument used in the layering here is a distorted guitar for hardcore non-conformisrt rockers like you, this is the same trick people like katy perry use to trick retards into thinking they wrote a full song. now that you used the cookie cutter you sprinkle some shitty lyrics about relationships and you're done. what makes this such a unique shitshow is that the entire album is like this, every single song is the same as the last one, a 4/4 drum beat, some catchy guitar riff and the lead vocalist whining into the mic about teenage bullshit, and plebs like you will eat it right up.

I don't even like the Arctic Monkeys but you're the worst kind of Cred Forumsdrone. And this is coming from someone who browses Cred Forums a lot. You posted a fucking Fantano video to back up your point.

americans think everything is their culture

if you have a cup of coffee in the morning they will probably say Americans invented that

I posted the fantano video because I didn't feel like explaining my point, and now that I did you don't even bother to argue against it and just cry Cred Forumsdrone, serves me right for actually replying to you retards.

You're arguing that because it's not technical it's not good, which is a bullshit argument. I bet you think Dream Theater are good.

Good Cred Forumsdrone reporting in
youtu.be/Ec8bbDNhq54

>it's not technical
It's not a lot of things. In fact, it's barely even music.

>it's barely even music
Music is sound put together in a purposeful way. So yeah, it is definitely music. Just because it's not rapidly switching between 3/8 and 5/4 doesn't mean it's suddenly not music.

>You're arguing that because it's not technical it's not good
that's not what I said, but if making a strawman makes you feel better about not having an argument go ahead, not that I'd expect reading comprehension from you at this point but let me try to make it clearer, the song is just the catchy guitar tune, there is nothing else of value in the song and that's how they wrote all the songs in that album, everything surrounding the simple and catchy riff is there to make sure you listen to the catchy riff as many times as possible during the song so that it sticks to your head, the vocals follow it, the back up vocals follow it, and so does everything else, this song wasn't made as artistic expression but as a surefire way to get it on the radio, I know you're going to misinterpret this as someone just being a hipster contrarian so I'll explain further, this isn't good music because at it's core the song isn't a proper song, it's a jingle, the lyrics are droll and there is nothing inspired in the whole song, and what makes it pathetic is that this glorified jingle is marketed towards alternative teenagers, it's a simple manipulation of auditory memory and has absolutely no intrinsic value.
>I bet you waah waah wahh
easiest way to tell someone doesn't have anything of value to say

Especially now that you showed me that turd.

>American culture
>There's a Japanese culture board and an international board but no American board

Sure thing Cletus.

>someone doesn't have anything of value to say
Coming from someone writing paragraphs that is basically saying what I'm boiling it down to in my posts, which is "I don't like it because it's simple". Music doesn't have to be complex to be good. This isn't a strawman either, this is pretty much what you're saying. But you're being overly verbose, and this ties in with your thought process about music.

Like I said, I don't like the Arctic Monkeys but I just had to chime in and call you a faggot after you actually went and posted a Fantano review to prove or say anything.

It's a bullshit argument man, you might as well dismiss all punk rock as a genre on shit like that, you're such a wannabe conoisseur it's cringey, let me guess, you're one of those Joe Satriani who thinks Hendrix was a show off?

It's not about groundbreaking formulas dumb fuck, try reading Victor Hugo on originality if you're such an intellectual, that song is a very effective purposefully nostalgic trip, aka it's meant to sound old school even if it uses a couple of modern tricks like the shrill background guitar as counterpoint to the beat, the point is the lyrics as in many punk songs, the flow of the song is an orchestrated crescendo while mantaining anumbing beat much like classic bands like Elastica or My Bloody Valentine used to do. You don't get it because you neither have a musical context nor an emotional background to understand the song's theme.

I hate being something of an aging hipster but it beats being some wannabe know it all brat.

Satriani fanboys*

>Music is sound put together in a purposeful way
There's nothing put together here. Like that other guy said, there's only one sound here, made by different instruments at once. For a whole fucking album.
And purpose? Please tell me what purpose does this have.

Yes

I'm writing a lot because you have the reading comprehension of a rock, so I'm trying to be as clear possible, but just like I predicted you understood nothing and went ahead with your witty little american "so basically what you're saying" followed by a complete misrepresentation of what is actually being said instead of actually refuting anything. you self imposed the "Music doesn't have to be complex to be good" defense which is something I never attacked in my argument.
I'll try to keep it as simple as possible: good in general terms is that which we find desirable or above the average, the song in question has no artistic value because at it's core it is an auditory memory exercise and was made with such an intent, that which has no artistic value cannot be considered good music because music is an art form and that which has no value cannot be considered good, therefore this song is not good. If you have anything to say about those points then go ahead, if your reply is another one of your retarded "pretty much what you're saying" then don't fucking bother.
>you're such a wannabe conoisseur
>you might as well dismiss all punk rock as a genre on shit like that
>let me guess you're waah waah waah
good to know you don't actually have a point and are just painting me up to be whatever you don't like, specially considering you just explained that you like the song for emotional reasons and not because it's actually a good song
but don't worry you're not an aging hipster since hipsters at least put some effort into their pretentiousness, you're just a fucking idiot.

No dumb ass, I very clearly explained the point to the song even using refrences, apparently you are the one with reading comprehension issues here and who's gone on ranty generalizations. Still no frame of reference from you nor any critique that's specific to the song and not some pseudo-intellectual blanket formula to dismiss things you don't like.

I wouldn't be arguing this with you if you had just stuck to a sane response like I don't like it or that's for old people or whatever, but you decided to make it technical and throw in the epithet of pop to look like an edgy coinnoseur, despite your being to chickenshit to expose yourself to any criticism by actually producing an example of "good" music.

Eres presuntamente Latinoamericano ¿Has leido El Perseguidor de Julio Cortázar? Por que hace un muy buen punto sobre lo mierdera que es la critica musical irónicamente partiendo de como se hace correctamente, que no es lo que estas haciendo aquí.

I love Emo

I don't care for the most part

>You don't get it because you neither have a musical context nor an emotional background to understand the song's theme.
a direct quote from you, very clearly an indication of your objectivity
>I very clearly explained the point to the song even using refrences
>that song is a very effective purposefully nostalgic trip
I also shouldn't have to point out that making an allusion to great works doesn't elevate your own to their level, but apparently I do.
>that's for old people or whatever
arctic monkeys AM is made for and marketed towards teenagers you manchild
>to chickenshit to expose yourself to any criticism by actually producing an example of "good" music.
I don't see why I have to present anything, specially since you want me to do so for the possibility to justify your shit taste by questioning mine, but here is a great example of good music
and by the way that's actually an american band not a british one you bumbling retard
>chimping out in spanish
you have shit taste and no amount of relativism is going to change that, deal with it, I know you want to include as many cool band names as you can to impress me in your next post but don't bother because I probably wont read it.

>bla, bla, bla, because I said so
You do understand the real world doesn't work like that? Pretending you have any sort of objective rationale on which to judge music is just ridiculously childish

I guess we can both at least agree we've wasted our time. Oh and you have a faggot's taste in music, you cannot fucking debate it moron, it is my sincere opinion.

You're making situation worse for the people who want to beleive americans are not dumb.

You just replied to a 6 hour old post

I don't even know what 'American culture' is supposed to be, really. I just enjoy what's out there and don't care about where it comes from.

no, also I don't hate your pop-culture I just outgrew it

You really rely on so called "specialized" press about music taste? That's just doesn't sound right to me. One thing is you say you like them, they're good in your taste, that's one thing i would not argue about it or something, respecting other people's taste is a good manner. But the other thing is writing it like it is a fact that they're epithome of good music. This attitude is wrong.

The Chilean guy and Foltayano do have a point about Arctic Monkeys, even though he put it out in rude manner. Anyways arguing over tastes and calling names is fruitless, just try to keep an open mind when thing comes to music. Don't judge people too harsh. Just enjoy.

youtube.com/watch?v=Zv4opjE2rZo

And that's ok.

>American """"""""culture"""""""

youtube.com/watch?v=aRhsvLaV8qE

Well it certainly isn't african or nepalese is it?

Could LITERALLY find the exact same thing happening amongst a group of English chavs tbqhwyf

No

youtube.com/watch?v=-xslGkBOTpk