Balkanfags, how similar are you guys culturally? Is there a sense of "Balkaness" you guys share?

Balkanfags, how similar are you guys culturally? Is there a sense of "Balkaness" you guys share?

Like how Scots, Irish, Welsh, and English folk have this vague feeling of "British Isles" in contrast to the rest of Europe

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jtgA0jvhp2A
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imagining_the_Balkans
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

kinda like anime i think

sure, anyone can pass for anyone here

Cred Forums Pass user since October 2016.

P sure Balkanness means they all want to kill each other

I feel closer culturally to Russia than to any of the Balkan countries (except Macedonia, which is a non-country)

The Mediterranean countries are all pretty much strongly roman influenced and similar. Don't know about specific culture, but there are a lot of similarities in architecture and diet.

Bulgars seem to be pretty proud of being Balkan with the prevalence of the Balkinski surname
Varying shades of Turk the further East you head
Kaleidoscope of colours really with specific things overlapping
Cro, Serbs, Boz similar linguistically
Greeks, Serbs, Bulgars, Romanians orthodoxy
All drink Turkish coffee except the Greeks think it's Greek coffee

Of course you do dirty ex soviet shit, we are western yugoslavs fuck your asiatic empire

>Bulgars seem to be pretty proud of being Balkan with the prevalence of the Balkinski surname

"Balkanski" is a rare surname actually.

And for us it is mostly related to the Balkan mountain, not to the actual peninsula.

The mountain has a special place in our folklore, it's where the Haiduks were hiding after fighting against the Turkish authorities

We share some foods maybe some common words and cancerous albania

wait what?

>All drink Turkish coffee
We're an espresso country m80.

As a Bulgar, how do you reconcile the fact that you were originally Mongol barbarians?

Hunnic barbarians, not Mongol barbarians. Know your barbarians.

There is nothing to reconcile, I am proud of all parts of my heritage (Bulgar, Thracian and Slavic)

Also the Bulgars were not mongols or some sort of nomads. They had cities, crafts, advanced statecraft and military.

The Arab historians described the Bulgars as "giants" when we slaughtered then near Constantinople in 717, so they were not some Asian manlets. The Bulgars were more or less white.

This
Espresso master race.

don't forget frape

>Hunnic barbarians
WTF? How is that possible, i thought you were iranian like us.

>Is there a sense of "Balkaness" you guys share?

There is a sense in the way of thinking.

I think this song encompasses it very well:
youtube.com/watch?v=jtgA0jvhp2A

Hunnic confederation incuded many indo-iranic peoples as well as turkic folk.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imagining_the_Balkans

We aren't Balkans though
Saying we are because of orthodoxy is retarded

>when we slaughtered then near Constantinople in 717
>we

we wuz khans

>we
Yup. As long as we carry the same banners, have the same ethnonym, the same religion, traditions in warfare, art, cuisine etc. as the bulgars of old, that's still the same folk for all I'm concerned regardless of the time span.

That's not the type of barbarians we came from, but even if it were true I'd still be okay with it. The mongols are based even today.

>The mongols are based even today.

Damn right