Should Cred Forums and Cred Forums be merged?

Should Cred Forums and Cred Forums be merged?

Hiro's recent decisions might threaten the existence of both boards, would a merge save them?

>Both have global audience
>Both tend to have threads/generals discussing geopolitical and domestic events
>Both discuss various cultures

Discuss pros and cons

sure

Pros:
>It'd likely be a red board, so international qt-posting threads would be enhanced
>It'd have a bigger audience than either board alone

Cons:
>Cred Forums shitposting would dominate
>What would this board be called?

/pint/
I'm always down for a pint

pros
>there are definitely a fair amount of crossposters
>hiro's bottom line
>less "normies"
>???

cons
>no more fun threads
>too much american politics
>alt-right hivemind
>banter loses all tact and just becomes angry shitposting

if anything he should merge Cred Forums with /r9k/. this is the best board for just talking casually. for better or worse Cred Forums has developed too much of a specific agenda at this point to merge with Cred Forums

>Cred Forums shitposting would dominate

I'd agree with you on that one, wouldn't want to see "YOU MAD WHITE BOY?" or "DRUMPF BTFO" every other thread - janitors would have to seriously up their game. Maybe the broader user base and wider discussion would disperse the bait/shitposts and gain them less attention.

This actually. Cred Forums doesn't have the autism necessary to cross post with those cunts. Should just get rid of /r9k/ and add its engine to Cred Forums, and allow them to talk about feels until they all mellow out a bit.

>alt-right hivemind
>too much american politics

I wonder if the excessive traffic and "alt-right" would subside after the 2016 presidential election?

I can definitely say that a huge difference between Cred Forums and Cred Forums is the quality of content and amount of shitposts

The fuck is next to your flag?

When you buy a Cred Forums pass you get one. New feature chinese moot added.

>Maybe the broader user base and wider discussion would disperse the bait/shitposts and gain them less attention
possible, but I doubt it. the people who post that kind of shit are very insistent/autistic and will make sure Cred Forums talk dominates. Cred Forums is essentially the only place they have to talk about the stuff they want to on the internet, take it away and they'll claim whatever board it's replaced with for their own

yeah I'm honestly fine with just nuking /r9k/. maybe Cred Forums can have a /feels/ general, they really don't need a whole board to cry about virginity

it's gained so much momentum it's probably not going to stop now, but who knows. I think it's bigger than the election

it's the Cred Forums pass response to leddit gold

I don't think so. Cred Forums is comfier because there's less open racism

>merging Cred Forums and Cred Forums

I've seen the Cred Forums catalog and when you consider that Cred Forums is much smaller, it basically means we'll be filled with Cred Forums threads. They aren't even in the same category, anyway. There's some overlap, but it's obvious one is for international discussions and the other is for political shitposting.

I'm all for trashing /r9k/ - most can agree that it's absolute garbage, not sure how bad the repercussions of getting rid of it would be.

Not true.
Cred Forums is comfier since there is more valid and rational racism and less ape Cred Forumstards shitposting.

Bringing poll here with their delusions and shitposters will simply ruin Cred Forums.

Cred Forums is a containment board for a reason.

delete Cred Forums or Cred Forums, they're basically the same boards

Are you retards seriously considering this?

Cred Forums should have their flags removed and never be associated with this board again.

probably not too bad. /r9k/ is a joke on most other boards, Cred Forums has a bit more of a stronghold elsewhere

Cred Forums is only good because Cred Forums basically acts as a filter

fuck off retard

I don't remember if they still have mutes, but it might be a good idea to implement something like that on Cred Forums to slow things down.

I think deleting Cred Forums is probably the worst thing Hiro can do. Putting in stricter posting rules would also backfire. But just slowing things down might help, and also take a small load off the servers.

Cred Forums is shitposting board. I just want to shitpost here, nothing more.

Very true, boards like Cred Forums and /r9k/ serve strictly as containment boards, without much foothold/influence anywhere else, but Cred Forums has gained momentum with this election, making it into the MSM and eyes of the public with the whole "nazi frog" fiasco

Given that Cred Forums does have a general set of rules and intends for "a high level of discourse befitting of the board", janitors and mods could be doing a much better job.

Is Cred Forums actually good at this point?

good, I don't know, but it serves a purpose. it's by far the most usable general-ish discussion board.

You have a point, but the board culture feels more and more toxic with every passing month. Far too many people think shitposting is the main purpose of this board.

>Let's flood Cred Forums with altright anglos
fuck that

There¿s still a fair bit of posters who are not white supremacists, that changes if this is merged with /pol as we'll all be driven away.

I like this board but I'm ok with it dying if there's no other way

meh, I still think Cred Forums is way down on the list of shit boards. at least get rid of /r9k/ before we give Cred Forums to Cred Forums.

That is just Hillary fanboys asking for the end of Cred Forums because they can't win a war against a fucking frog.

Isn't it easier to merge us with rk9? The amount of no gf and I'm useless threads says that we're more similar than we admit

that can be solved with better enforcement of the rules. Cred Forums and /r9k/ are set in their ways

>Cred Forums is essentially the only place they have to talk about the stuff they want to on the internet, take it away and they'll claim whatever board it's replaced with for their own
This as well, Cred Forums is a good containment board.

/thread

if Cred Forums becomes Cred Forums, we should move to Cred Forums

If Cred Forums and Cred Forums merged I'd never come here and just stay in /ck/ and /fa/, poltards are the worst and there's already too many here.

What if we don't even like sports?

If Cred Forums is deleted the community will be destroyed. There will be temporary increase of shitposting everywhere else, then a final death as the mods take control.

That being said, keep Cred Forums and Cred Forums separate.

What a bunch of weenies.

Fuck that, while there is a fair amount of Cred Forumsfags here, I wouldn't say they are a majority. And even if they were, their topics are mostly American politics 24/7.

Cred Forums has only gotten worse since it got flooded by /r/the_donald redditors (we have gotten worse too, but in a different sense - too much generals), Cred Forums are only KEK threads, shills, twitter screencaps, degenerate threads, red pill me on x, BTFO bait threads, they steal Cred Forums memes. It is a shit board that doesn't need country flags, and that should go back to the customized flags they had. It is the new Cred Forums, the new entrance place for newfags.

That would only happen if the rest of Cred Forums adamantly opposes Cred Forums. One of the legit reasons why most hate them is because of their spillovers.

Cred Forums is almost entirely Anglo politics. Which is a shame because the allowance of flags should've fostered political discussion about lots of different countries.

As for the Reddit influx, the part of the Cred Forums userbase who violated the "Keep Cred Forums out of Reddit and Reddit out of Cred Forums" rule are to blame. They caused a not very obvious but still noticeable callback effect that made things worse for everyone.

who cares, since they have flags, we make Cred Forums threads veiled as sport related, and proceed to shitpost in our way.

Thanks for contributing to the quality of this board and proving my point:

His monthly income

>Should Cred Forums and Cred Forums be merged?
Yes. This separation is unnatural. /his/ should be nuked too.
>What would this board be called?
/bwf/

Pro:

the general cancer will die. at least the slow ones will.

Cred Forums has its own generals

you're welcome, spainbro

Nice.

How about fucking no. I don't want dumbass Cred Forumsacks coming in here and shitting up every discussion with "race realism" and rants about ZOG conspiracies.

Then the inevitable cuck threads will be flooded in by stupid redditors trying to troll the Cred Forumsacks.

It would basically ruin the board.

Skreli is gonna buy it, and give us more power over you eventually, it's inevitable at this point, it's gonna be quite a ride.

>ruin Cred Forums even more by flooding it with shitty Cred Forums posters

How about no.

pls delete this board, I'm sick of it

I don`t feel like a citizen of 4ch, so i`d rather not vote.

Boards perfect to be deleted.
Cred Forums, Cred Forums, Cred Forums, Cred Forums, Cred Forums, /his/, /gif/, /s/, /d/, /mlp/ and especially /soc/

if pol is merged with int I'll leave this God forsaken board for good

I don't see Cred Forums or Cred Forums on that list.

this, a new home of international nationalist ranting

This

>[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x]
*FTFY

As a Cred Forumsack, no, wait for the election hype to die down at least, then there'll be mostly european elections and normal happenings i.e pre- 2015 Cred Forums which was much more compatible with this board.

Jokes aside, the following boards are completely worthless: /gif/, /aco/, /mlp/, /soc/, /adv/, /lgbt/, /hm/, /cgl/, /gd/, /qst/, /diy/, /n/, and /his/.

I'm not kidding. There's a whole lot of boards we don't even need and I have no clue why they exist. Cred Forums's footprint could be cut down significantly without them.

I agree that there really is no point to half of these boards. I mean it'd be more relevant to have a bloody steven universe board than an mlp one at this point.

Some of them are artifacts from the early days of Cred Forums. Others like /mlp/ were created to solve a problem that doesn't really exist anymore.

These fuckers want to delete Cred Forums ?
Fuck them Cred Forums is one of the best boards.

Cleaning Cred Forums by putting flags in Cred Forums was my idea.

I'm afraid we will lose most Cred Forums posters if these are combined.

Cred Forums is shit.

/asp/, another board we don't even need.

fuck off, Cred Forums is full of underage amerifat cancer

on Cred Forums at least amerifats aren't a majority, and some hours of they day they aren't even a plurality

How much traffic does Cred Forums get compared to other boards?

Cred Forums is a pretty high traffic board, though not as much as Cred Forums or Cred Forums.

IIRC Cred Forums is the 5th or 6th most active board in terms of number of posts

However, the number of Cred Forums posts is always going to be inflated because of how many generals there are. But unfortunately there is no data for how many unique posters post on each board, so posts are the only real metric we have.

no fucking way, this would mean death for Cred Forums

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Unless you specifically post on a given board, I don't think it's fair to just straight up say "it deserves to get deleted". If somebody who's never set foot in Cred Forums said that Cred Forums should be deleted, I'd rightfully tell him to fuck off. Likewise, even though I don't see why /c/ exists and why it isn't just merged with Cred Forums, it'd be ridiculous of me to be proposing the deletion of /c/, as I'm sure /c/ posters would beg to disagree with my reasoning.

The solution should be to ask the actual posters if they don't mind merging with another board, or having another board merge onto them.

If he gets rid of Cred Forums then Cred Forums will turn into Cred Forums.

Cred Forums with flags must be preserved at all costs

Some time ago I'd have said no.

But nowadays there's no difference between Cred Forums and Cred Forums

I don't get why anybody says Cred Forums is like Cred Forums
Cred Forums has been nothing but country generals for the last 2 years or so

fuck Cred Forums
Cred Forums is mostly free from conspiracy theorists and dumb racists. Cred Forumstards would ruin the fun of having decent discussions with people worldwide and it would just become Cred Forums with flags and racist posts

Cred Forums is plain cancer and it's good to have it isolated please never remove it

We need Cred Forums as the site's shield against Tumblr.

>Cred Forums is mostly free from conspiracy theorists and dumb racist
uhm...

Cred Forums should be the only board with flags desu

I remember when Cred Forums was implemented and one of the very first threads was a "which countries are white thread" then it was quite neat for a time and then everyone started to fence themselves off in their country generals, which is pretty funny since this board is called international and I don't think such a development was the intention at all.

ITT: libcuck CTR shills

stay mad as fuck kike

yeah man Cred Forums is full of shills, better stay in your safe space

I'm coming to the same conclusion.

Let's go back to Cred Forums where we have a space safe from these libcucks.

>stay mad as fuck kike
This is exactly the type of shit that's put as a con for merger.

>As a Cred Forumsack

Opinion disregarded.

It's all a moot point. Hiro isn't deleting anything. His whole post was just to engineer a false alternative scenario where we consider ourselves lucky when he later segregates everyone into first and second class citizens with passes or drowns us with pop-ups.

WTF, I hate chinkmoot now

Update, he's going to sell us to fucking Shkreli now.
Happy birthday Cred Forums, it really is the 13th!

>deleting containment boards

No way in hell. Its not saving Cred Forums if its half Cred Forums. Cred Forums would be drowned by the alt right basement dwellers. I just want Cred Forums to survive until after the election, because I cant wait to see the manchildren melt down once Trump loses