Traditional Food From Your Homeland

Post traditional food from your homeland.

Pic related is Königsberger Klopse in kapernsoße,
my prussian grandmother used to make these all the time

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g75uUIUeNYo
youtube.com/watch?v=5XK9Wh_hEL8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

fpbp

Looks tasty but I'd like to know what are these meatballs made of before eating it.

honestly I'm going on a maccas run in a bit

Is it just fish with oil on it?

Minced meat, from the cow, presumably
Not entirely sure tough

Couscous with vetagables and sheep meat wrapped in sheep intestine.

It's salted cod. You can prepare it in a million ways, the important part is the cod.

Why? If you're piss drunk then it's tolerable but it's disgusting man.

You have Hardees in Australia? Pretty much the only decent fast food place.

I like living in the coast

That way of preparing it? Pretty much.

We have literally dozens of dishes using that kind of fish, though. Someday I'll make a collage. It's our national ingredient, I guess. It's dried for a while, then salted for a while, and before cooking it you have to rehydrate it for a day, and it takes some preparation.

I've yet to meet someone that doesn't like at least one recipe.

These are made with the same fish, and is generally the most liked one.

Fugg. I want to try some.

eeeew

>A fucking roasted rat with some vegetables
Are you a member of a tribe or something?

Pleb

Ah I recall now that's what you guys call cod. Well I've really loved cod since I was a kid so I'm pretty sure I would like that stuff

Seems like one of those dishes that directly descends from the maritime tradition

Last one, or I'd be here all night.

>image name
>Colombians eat хyй

Holy shit I'm dying

Pretty sure it's a squirrel, squirrels are tasty

its not a rat, its a cuy :D

Yeah, it's not a particularly rare fish, just the way it's conserved is special, and the Norwegians do it for us almost exclusively, because other countries don't really go autismo-mode with it like we do. Spaniards and Italians have a couple recipes, I think. Brazil also consumes a fair bit, and you can still find them around, probably, but we hold the bulk of the thing.

Thank god, otherwise we'd fish them all out.

You fucking savage

swedish pride worldwide

>mfw I used to have two of those as pets

You bastard

Colombia was a mistake, Either Chile, Peru or Brazil should try to fix it by force.

They would kill you if they could

>potatoes without olive oil
Goddamn, you non Mediterraneans have it tough.

With that face I'd let them.

I ended up with three because we wanted two but the owner was worried about the one left getting depression. As such he gave him away free + some misc pet supplies

No they wouldn't you animal.

I'll post another

Silesian Skyrealm, Pork belly, baked fruits, cinnamon and lemonshell.
That with roux and raspeballs

Want some cake?

Any pics of them?

Feijão Tropeiro

Bacalhau is fucking GOAT, christmas and easter are my favorite holidays because of it. Best thing you guys ever made, you know, besides us.

Not surprised that the Norwegians are your main suppliers, the only time I've had salted fish was from Norway but it was salmon, I imagine cod would be lighter and sweeter

Huh, we also eat it in Christmas.

youtube.com/watch?v=g75uUIUeNYo

Rhinlandish Sour-grilled beef.

The humble toast sandwich

>British intelllect

Okroshka is a traditional dish kitchen of my country - Russia. Perhaps the main Russian contribution to the world of cooking, which is, alas, this is very treasure house and has no idea. Okroshka remains a matter of purely domestic gastronomic use, which, however, doesn't affect the taste of her outstanding merits. Ingredients basic recipe - kvass - are: boiled potatoes, boiled egg, radish, cucumber, boiled sausage (or a piece of boiled beef), mustard, sour cream, chives and actually brew. Question for cutting hash discussion: it is believed that it is better to cut large, to feel the taste of each individual product. But most believe in a shallow cutting.

>I imagine cod would be lighter and sweeter
Eh, Cod doesn't have that much of a strong taste so it's hard to describe it. Or maybe it's because I'm used to it. I'd say it is mostly used has a vessel for other things and seasonings. It's like a fibrous protein that soaks up olive oil and seasoning very well. It's meant to be a cheap fish, to be honest. It's why so many people across the country came up with the different recipes, and why not many people else care for it.

We used to fish in Canada first, and we just used the salting thing to preserve it at the time because there was nothing else. Newfoundland was settled by us as a fishing shore, and is a direct translation of Terra Nova, which we also called Terra do Bacalhau. Eventually it carried over to Norwegian waters, and now we don't fish it because we don't own it, but we do have some partnerships with Norway.

Brazilian food is GOAT as well. I really like seeing what you guys made with our taste and your ingredients. Everything is always very well tuned to our liking, but with things we've never even seen before. It's pretty neat.

That doesn't look so bad, desu. I'd venture a bite.

I was joking with the Swede, but seriously. What do you guys put on potatoes? I always see these leaves. Is it Rosemary, or parsley or what?

Honestly i have no idea.
It's pretty much just for decoration.

Bit of a throw, but are you the same user from the poland thread?

why do northerners have such disgusting food?

No, i never post on Cred Forums
Im intrigued, tough, which thread are you talking about?

From the New England part of the US. Deep fried clams.

Post some of your own then

Some shitflinging thread between polish anons and german anons about architecture, it went off track and one of the Germans had Prussian grandparents and was talking about how they escaped.
Which begs the question of do you have a story about what happened to yours?

we too are northerners

>mfw iowa
>mfw our state dish is deep fried butter on a stick
>mfw all the cholesterol is making it hard for my heart to pump my blood

Its parsley my man,

This looks exactly like the cat food I buy (although, to be fair, I only buy deluxe cat food)

R-Russian salad is not that bad. You do cover it in mayo, which can be a bit much, sometimes.

Do you guys eat weed

Yeah, my granny often told me about it, but back then i didn't actually care that much.
Now i regret that.
I can tell you tough, one of my ancestors was one of the 11 prussian officiers that were shot during a rebellion against napoleon, because they didn't want to go to war for him.
His name was "Leutnant Constantin Wilhelm von Gabain"
Then theres alot of ancestors who did other things, but i can't quite remember.

If you don't like Svið you can not rightfully call yourself Icelandic.

Nah, the only green we eat is calallou

mashed taters and kale, add gravy and bacon.

agree'd

mashed taters, onions and carrots, add gravy and bacon.

Not liking hákarl is fine, if a bit childish.

It's the liver of a sick goose.

wtf

mashed taters and sauerkraut, add gravy and... you know the drill.

Burned and boiled sheepshead, it's delicious.

Dog bless Sweden

Pretty interesting heritage, do use use "von" in your name? Its a shame the German nobility got devastated by the world wars+communism, where in prussia were your ancestors from?
My own grandparent's line is also from an aristocratic family, the only really famous one is from a few hundred years ago- "Sir Patrick Sarsfield"

If I went to Sweden and I was offered that I couldn't eat it. It just look too disgusting.

It isn't Swedish anyway, so you wouldn't have to worry about it. The Swedes might offer your Surströmming though.

Jew cookies

Fresh from the oven of course.

Alot of my ancestors are from along the east coast, nothing specific, but if i had to choose a part of prussia i want back, i would say königsberg.
I would probably have "von" in my name, but at some point during ww2 the certificate turned into dust by allied bombing, so no nobility title for me.

I'd rather eat the sheep's head. It's probably not bad, anyways.

It taste good. If you want to go real hard you can eat the eyeball as well, which not everyone does.
The tongue is objectively best part.

>The tongue is objectively best part
We use the tongue and feet to make feijoada. It just doesn't taste as good without them

You can just change it to von now, there are no laws against it (there) nobody can stop you.
Have you bought a house in Poland, do you have specific graves to visit. You could buy one in kaliningrad but its a shithole. I hear there are loads of organisations for those displaced too so you can get together and have a go at people

Damn, I got hungry

Yeah, i've heard about that those organisations, but i believe those are very small.
Many people who've seved in the wehrmacht (not veterans) go to posen to settle down and enjoy pension. I heard that rusians in kaliningrad are having an identity crisis, and wanna change the name back to königsberg.
Maybe they just want german money, tough,
It's sad, maybe there won't ever be a german prussia again.

Feast your eyes on Serbia's greatest culinary achievement.
Balkan cream cheese - kajmak inside a tender rolled piece of meat, breaded and fried. Delicious.

Yeah they sound like banter. Eastern poland? Why would they go to eastern poland?
Will you ever go to ex-prussia to settle down? At least poland is white.

Im laughing my ass off. Never change Chile, I love you

mmm, sounds great
it must be hot from inside because of the cheese

Posen is pic related, not eastern poland.
I'm not sure.
If things continue the way they do, maybe.
If i ever get a chance to fight for my country and its people, tough, i'll stay.

Boxty is pretty tasty. It's a potato-pancake wrap thing.

i just don't get why not the areas closer to germany like former-silesia, pomernia and brandenburg east of the oder.
Thats pretty solid of you, but Germany genuinely looks, at least from the news, like things are on track to fall apart.

I think sileasians still exist, but are treated badly by poles, even getting beaten up for speaking their language.
On the other hand, in britain polacks get stabbed for speaking polish, so there is some kind of vengeance in that,
I really, really, hope for a rebellion of the germans, especially since so many people supported AFD

Not sure if this counts, its usually cumberland sausage as well

They just can't take the banter, chavs love a fight and polish bolds give it to them.
Yeah it looks like Afd is going to do well, probably your last chance too, i hear you have a ridiculous amount of Turks who have not integrated at all plus Merkel's 1,000,000 refugees present.

Turks are the smallest problem, most i know are smart and rich. They are kinda selfish tough.
In this years elections, AFD didn't even get into the top 3, and the big elections start in a short time.
If only they wouldn't let those nazi fucks speak, they ruin all the votes.

They should take a monarchist stance so people can't accuse them of nazism.
If AFD doesn't win, will you make a backup plan?

youtube.com/watch?v=5XK9Wh_hEL8
Ruisleipä. Only a true Finn can handle ruisleipä.

>Backup plan
Selfnuke will be the only option

Jokes aside, if germany falls, then europe will fall too. Meet me in my bunker somewhere in prussia until then!

Hardees sucks

Five Guys and Wendys are way better.

We eat chili

that's not cake thats a fucking salad casserole you lying jew.

That looks absolutley incredible, only 10/10 here.

Do you have beans in your chili there?
Beans and fritos kick a chili up to 11.

got to build the bunker first friend, i unironically am considering at least buying a fortified house in poland in the next few years, i take it /ck is your home board from this thread?

If shit goes down just go to yugoslavia and live in an old bunker there.
It's not so easy here, I think I'll go down to Mexico and live deep in a pyramid where no one can find me.

I gotta say i can eat pretty much eveything ive ever tasted so far, but this fucking "cake" its just disgusting as shit desu.

Nope, just wanted to post about food.
I usually post on Cred Forums, but recently there is too much cancer going on.
There is also krautchan, but it seems to be very similar to Cred Forums, both a dominated by germans and atleast in krautchan you can post 4 pics at a time

don't knock it till you've tried it

That area is a bit of a shithole. You have a huge country, you would have a better chance disappearing in one of your huge forests or in the rockies, you literally have one of the best countries for it.

/ck is a good board, yeah i sometimes go on krautchan, bit weirder than here though.
Well i will make a bunker thread on /pol and look for you sometime then.

The other moortuguese in this thread is a shithead

>Posting cod instead of cozido á portuguesa as a first choice

Jk though, I would never seriously call a fellow tuga a shithead

Forests and mountains are shit. If I did that I'd be exposed to rain, infection, poisonous bugs, and large predators like mountain lions or bears.
I'd rather go deep into a structure built so solidly it's lasted for 1000s of years that no one goes into. As long as I got inside I could live off bugs and rats and shit.

Can't you just link the thread?

surprised nobody called him a russian rape baby yet

Know what? Make a bunker thread on /po/, not Cred Forums and bump yourself.
There are still threads from over a year ago, so it should work.

>A

Idk, i feel the creatures in a forest and rivers are more nutritious than bugs,especially with america's great gun laws(apart from california). Rain shouldn't be a problem if you build a shelter.

ok, will do

it might get deleted due to not being related to origami

made it

Toasted ravioli. Best with marinara sauce.

Same.

The best.

this is common in finland too, I don't really like the taste though

>post food from your homeland
>Silesian food
hmmmmmm

I'm not White-Canadian, but I do love Poutine and yes, pretty much everyone here loves it.

As for being Vietnamese: Pho - I'll post a pic soon.

I am the healthiest American here, faggots. And patriotic too. These chicken breasts are as orange as Trump. Put them in the fridge I forgot about them.

Great for all seasons, IMO.

>chili
>without beans
that exists?

Right on, brah!

*drools* STOP TEMPTING ME!!!

This is Dill

Flat-leaf parsley

Parsley