/urban/ and /architecture/

"moving to when?" edition

Other urls found in this thread:

skyscrapercity.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>moving to when?
We're slow enough as is, lad

None of our subjects fit there either. We're about the architecture, planning and cities of the world. Only thing we have in common with them is certain aspects of infrastructure, but that's rarely talked about. Even then it's not about the transport itself, but the design and engineering behind the bridge etc. that carries it.

Well /n/ is nice because it's slow too. This board is quick so threads disappear fast.

Risking a thread dying at 50 posts of a potential 300 is better than 50 posts in total a month tbqh.
This is a designated Cred Forums general either way, and has been for many years. Just why now mess with tradition?

Because it seems better to me.

skyscrapercity.com/

Stockholm was much better 400 years ago

this plan is epic thou

but we got this mess

what do you guys think about stockholms layout?

Wtf

what?

I assume this is an Israeli defense building or something.

eight-pointed star = Turkmenistan

Ashgabat has nice architecture because it's a totalitarian dystopia.

Oh yeah I heard about them in another thread. They're probably the closest equivalent to North Korea.

It seems like there is a building boom in Houston so I wonder when it will stop.

WIEN
I
E
N

Houston light rail slowly expanding... the first commuter rail line may be up on the ballot next year too.

moscow

interesting, too bad for that shitty curve

I wonder what cities on Mars will look like.

Muslims getting in on that modernism.

What an awful addition

Can you imagine how dark that must be inside?

Probably right now. With oil being low for the foreseeable future and all

Man I really dislike modern architecture

Currently under construction.
I'm often against skyscrapers in London outside of The City; but I actually think this one looks okay. I'd prefer it to be with The City cluster, still, but whatever.

I'm loving that density, too. Focus should be put on making the centres of our other cities that dense.

East London construction.
Shit looks like China.

Okay that's pretty crazy. There was a picture of Miami that someone posted that had similar levels of heavy construction.

Yeh. It looks pretty messy.
Quality doesn't look very high but with enough density maybe it will eventually be good.

is that next to it the building that melted a car?

THe walkie talkie building isn't in shot.