What does Cred Forums know about the Mexican War?

What does Cred Forums know about the Mexican War?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BYwqjCj6kgc
americanthinker.com/blog/2006/11/pelosis_illegal_alien_employee.html
vdare.com/articles/nancy-pelosi-illegal-alien-employer
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davy_Crockett#Controversy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mondragón_rifle
history.com/topics/alamo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ulysses S. Grants wants some territory
He sends soldiers across the Mexican-American border

Soldiers get BTFO by tacos

Ulysses Sex Grant uses that to justify the war

War begins, U.S wins the war and pays Mexico 20 million dollars for the land

Really one of the memier wars out there.
Still not as memey as the Spanish American war.
Heh... now that I think about it, America BTFO the daughter AND the mother (mexico and spain, respectively) over some fabricated bullshit just so they could take more land LOL!!!

A few things
1. Zachary Taylor was the General commanding the men who crossed into the disputed territory claimed by the former Republic of Texas and Mexico
2. James K. Polk was President during the war
3. We decimated their economy, the 20 million kept their country from, well, not existing anymore

Some Americans feel remorseful for bitchslapping Mexico like that but the Spanish-American war was justified and Spain can suckafucka dick

I honestly couldn't give two shits about Spain, but why was the Spanish-American War justified?

Wasn't the claim that the Spanish sunk the Lucitania debunked?

>Americans migrate into texas
>lots of americans
>santa anna pisses some mexicans off
>americans use it as excuse to revolt
>usa intervenes
>mexico gets fucked

he said the mexican-american war not the spanish-american war

Grant wasn't president back then, he was a low-level army officer.

The USS Maine
And why it sunk is still up to debate, although Spain's involvement in it is pretty well debunked

In all honesty, the US was supporting Cuba's independence """"secretly"""" for a while, the Maine's destruction just pissed off the public enough to justify open hostilities

>Mexico invites settlers into the almost-empty Texas
>they're required to convert to Catholicism and adopt Mexican cultural ways
>surprise, they don't want to do that
>they also want to keep slaves which is b& in Mexico
>so they revolt
>Mexican troops beat up the ragtag Texans at first
>then Santa Anna is captured while siesta-ing on the battlefield and forced to sign a treaty agreeing to Texan independence
>but the Mexican Congress rules that a treaty signed under duress is invalid
>although Texas wants to be annexed to the US, the issue is put off for a decade b/c slavery issue
>Mexico won't recognize Texan independence but has more pressing concerns
>the Texans try to capture Santa Fe in 1841 but are repelled by the garrison there
>now President Tyler authorizes the annexation of Texas on his last day in office
>James Polk becomes president, wants California, but Mexico won't sell it
>so we go to war
>Mexicans lose every battle of the war despite home field advantage and high losses of American troops from disease
>with Mexico in a state of near-anarchy, a provisional government agrees to peace and coughs up all territory north of the Rio Grande, which we then pay $15 million in compensation for

The end.

I only know that gun point negotiations shouldn't be called negotiations at all.
It wasn't a sell it was an assault on Mexican territory.
Anyways is not like we would make good use of that land.

There were a few Mexicans

Wasn't California its pwn country for a while? Did they have anything to do in the war?

We were a country for 3 days after a revolt of American settlers. Then the U.S. showed up and annexed us.

>>Mexico invites settlers into the almost-empty Texas
>>they're required to convert to Catholicism and adopt Mexican cultural ways
>>surprise, they don't want to do that

mmm... really makes you think

Many Americans of the time believed the civil war was a punishment from God as a result of this war.

They didn't want to give up free nigger labor. Whaddya want.

As one final smack in the head to Mexico, gold was discovered in California mere months after the Treaty of Guadelupe-Hidalgo was signed.

The British also had their eye on California and Texas, during the decade of Texan independence their agents were active there, especially as Texas was prime cotton-growing country and they also wanted to stymie US expansion westward.

Start shit get hit.

>be American
>complain about Mexicans living in territories that originally belonged to Mexico

Well those territories are american now.
Before they were american they were mexican, Spanish before that, and injun before that.
Of course we want them out, we're the owners now.

God bless America

Wouldn't doubt it, but at least we got through that okay as well.

The thing is, they never did live in those territories which were just an empty wilderness back then. Most of Mexico's population in 1846 (at least 80%) lived in the old Aztec heartland.

A few years later, President Pierce decidex to buy the Gadsden Strip from Mexico for a planned railroad line. Santa Anna, now back in power, sold the territory and took the money, which he said he needed to rebuild Mexico's army from the war.

The Gadsden Purchase was controversial in both the US, where it was derided as a waste of money on useless desert, and in Mexico where people were outraged at the surrender of yet more territory to the gringo. In the end, Santa Anna squandered the money obtained from the territorial sale and was expelled from power in a military coup, this time for good.

DELETE THIS

Nice bullshit post

>forgetting the Apache-Mexico wars
>forgetting the Comanche-Mexico wars
>forgetting you lost the Comanche Mexico war
>forgetting the Comanche pushing in Mexico's shit
>forgetting that mexico couldn't even pay their own people to go to Texas
>forgetting mexico gave Criminals a choice, go to jail or go to Texas
>forgetting they overwhelming chose jail
>forgetting the various revolts at the time
>forgetting the Zacatecas rebellions, the Republic of the Rio Grande and the Yucatan Republic
>forgetting that America is still bound by treaty to keep the Comanche out of mexico

>The Legislature of Chihuahua described the situation it faced in 1846. “We travel the roads…at their [i.e. the Comanches and Apaches] whim; we cultivate the land where they wish and in the amount they wish; we use sparingly things they have left to us until the moment that it strikes their appetite to take them for themselves.” The Comanche raids deep into Mexico created fear that the Comanche soon might even be seen "on the streets of Mexico City."Traveler Josiah Gregg said that “the whole country from New Mexico to the borders of Durango is almost entirely depopulated. The haciendas and ranchos have been mostly abandoned, and the people chiefly confined to the towns and cities.”When American troops invaded northern Mexico in 1846 they found a devastated landscape and a demoralized people. There was little resistance to the Americans. Some Mexicans in the north perhaps welcomed the US invasion with the hope that the U.S. would be more successful in fighting the “barbarians” than Mexican forces had been.

lol

They also fought with the Comanche after Mexico pissed them off when they stop giving then tribute to not attack like the Spaniards were doing before Mexico revolted against Spain and claimed all of Spains claims as theirs including the Natives lands.

>You are not using them
>That gives me the right of taking your shit
Classic american

I know this was the battle cry:
youtube.com/watch?v=BYwqjCj6kgc

>It's full of hostile Native Americans
>We'll still claim it as our land because Spain did
>Uh Oh, we have a problem
Classic Mexico

It probably was

it was
>gringo though they could get away from the wrath of ancient aztec gods

Will mexico ever revenge and score one day?

we already did

cool af bro

Believe me, not only have they retaliated, but they've doubley retaliated.

You look at the U.S, especially in the former Mexican territory states and it is quite literally a Beaneropolis.

Pic Related is best country desu

After all, we won lmao
>hurr durr muh jobs mexicans out build wall muh whiteness
We ain't paying shit go fuck yourselves

Yes, reconstruction and integration of blacks were both a resounding success, no wounds to heal there.

meh, it beats what Muslims have undeservedly done to Europe

Tell me exactly how and when

Post Civil War things weren't so good, but those were tangentially related to our success in preserving the Union and in any case the problems long predate the Civil War and even the Mexican-American War. Compromise of 1876 was a mistake.

>meh, it beats what Muslims have undeservedly done to Europe

Fuck Europe.
I hope they get 50 million more Muslims.

Soon...

Would you prefer that Britain have taken that clay instead? 'Cause they also wanted it.

Not really.

Meant for

Mexico couldn't pay for shit if it wanted lmao.

Not after that debate.

kek

And yet, the number of Trump lawn signs I see continues growing by leaps and bounds...

It's been done before and it can be done again, Paco. (^:

Those are probably some ugly overgrown lawns there

"We have brought this disaster on ourselves because we could not stop fighting with each other."

-- Santa Anna

No, it can't, there's a pretty evolved notion of civil rights today and you couldn't afford it even if you wanted to

probably spics forgetting to work on cleaning the yards.

Only Democrats need beaner labor to mow their laws. Just ask Nancy Pelosi.

americanthinker.com/blog/2006/11/pelosis_illegal_alien_employee.html

vdare.com/articles/nancy-pelosi-illegal-alien-employer

And now you know why they want open borders.

>Democrats in 1860
It's my right to have slave labor to maintain my land.
>Democrats in 2016
It's my right to have slave labor to maintain my land.

What state? 'Cos if you live in Alabama, it proves nothing just as it would prove nothing to see Hillary signs in Massachusetts.

Anglos were given free land under the condition that: a) they converted to Catholicism, b) they freed their slaves and c) they settled west. They agreed to all of that but they didn't do it. After they didn't comply with their part of the deal, the Mexican government banned immigration all together. They didn't give a fuck and continued to immigrate illegally to the country (the fucking irony). Those illegal immigrants, most of which hadn't even lived for more than a year in the state (and several years after we banned immigration) decided to cause a revolt. Then, our dumb fuck dictator of the time (that used to be a war general) went all the way to Texas to suppress the revolt, he crushed you in el Alamo, and then, like a fucking idiot, let himself get captured. The congress was notified and claimed that nothing he said was valid. He signed a treaty granting Texas independence (kidnaped and under coercion) while the congress in Mexico City remained intact, as well as most of the army (that would be like me kidnaping Obama and making him sign a treaty saying that I now own the US, without defeating your army nor your congress - of course it wouldn't be valid, but hey, I captured the president!). Then, the US wanted to incorporate Texas while the Mexican government still was planning a counter offensive against the illegal immigrants, the US didn't care that the treaty wasn't valid, it claimed that the border of Texas was several kilometers south of the real border (Nueces river), send troops in order to provoke a response, it didn't work, so they order the troops to cross into Mexico, our army killed them and they claimed "OMG Mexicans are killing our civilians in our land (which of course was bullshit), this is an act of war! We must fulfill the manifest destiny because we are the chosen people of God!. They invaded us, captured our congress and made it sign under coercion that we gave half of our territory

>Slave
Please, slaves are way to expensive for us Democrats to feed and house. We just want them to be underpaid workers so we can get a stronger labor vote.

Poor Mexico is White guy. His desperation grows with each post. :^)

No sorry you will never into Aryan-ness.

Welcome to global politics, Pedro. You can learn more about the idea of strong arming others into giving you shit from your local cartel boss.

>He signed a treaty granting Texas independence (kidnaped and under coercion)

Yeah, it's called making concessions after you get obliterated in battle (which he fled by the way)

I'm in there and not Mexico is white guy

the flag (not posted by me) is Yucatán, if anything it means mostly Mayas today.

>They didn't give a fuck and continued to immigrate illegally to the country (the fucking irony)

You do know that Texas was completely empty except some Indian tribes back then.

>being this lame enough to think settling an uninhabited wilderness is the same as wetbacks invading a developed state like California, selling drugs, forming gangs, and undercutting wages for poor people

Of course you know that perfectly well, but your relatives in MS-13 are making bank off the cocaine trade, so...

You'll hardly ever find a Mexican who defends Santa Ana, certainly not me, but in all fairness deals signed under coercion are not legal for a reason, I can't fucking jump you in the street, force you to sign over your home to me then expect to get away with calling that honorable and legal can I?

It's might makes right, call the Mexican American war what it was, a war of conquest.

Legally it's the same thing, if you want to argue morals that's fine but don't make it about legality then.

And MS-13 is Central American, mainly Salvadoran

Pennsylvania which hasn't been Republican since 1988. There's only Trump and a few Gary Johnson signs. Hillary lawn signs are magically absent.

>crush you in el Alamo
Less than 200 Texans hold of a force of 1,800-6,000 Mexican troops for 13 days, killing 600-1,800 of them. The Defenders became a symbol of resistance and rallying cry for the war with "Remember the Alamo!" being famously chanted at San Jacinto by Sam Houston and his men.

Mexico's Native and European lineages are full of great warriors and leaders, they shouldlve been able to stop such a mild conquest attempt

Right of conquest was still accepted in the 19th century. It wouldn't today of course, for example Russia's heist of Crimea did not win them many friends. But it's silly to apply the moral standards of 170 years ago to today.

Now post the the sexy one

Made up story of an inconsequential battle that didn't even made the news here in order to gain patriotism and make other Texans fight. The same thing that happened with "Niños heroes" in Mexico City.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davy_Crockett#Controversy

Not really. Mexico was a mess back then with different political factions fighting for power, routine civil wars, and also they had no native armaments industry and had to just buy secondhand weapons from Europe. That and the enlisted men in the army were mostly illiterate Indian conscripts who couldn't understand the orders given to them by Spanish-speaking officers.

Actually no, the US had signed a treaty of friendship with Mexico which it acknowledged as a sovereign state. Right of conquest only aplied in terra nullis, not amongst civilized peoples which legally the US considered Mexico to be.

We have developed a rifle around 2008
But it's just used in special forces and production isn't that great either

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davy_Crockett#Controversy
>battle where up to 1,800 Mexican Troops were killed by no more than 200 Texans
>inconsequential

>"i-it was a made up story gringo!!1!"
Sure it was..

What part of PA, the center part?

Seriously man, we've developed rifles before

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mondragón_rifle

As for the Xiuhcoatl it's been a timely upgrade/replacement for the G3 even if the deadline for replacement isn't met, it's not like the old rifles are falling apart or that the larger part of the army is actually using them for combat.

I know

>history.com/topics/alamo
>On February 23, a Mexican force comprising somewhere between 1,800 and 6,000 men (according to various estimates) and commanded by General Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna began a siege of the fort. The Texans held out for 13 days, but on the morning of March 6 Mexican forces broke through a breach in the outer wall of the courtyard and overpowered them. Santa Anna ordered his men to take no prisoners, and only a small handful of the Texans were spared. One of these was Susannah Dickinson, the wife of Captain Almaron Dickinson (who was killed) and her infant daughter Angelina. Santa Anna sent them to Houston’s camp in Gonzalez with a warning that a similar fate awaited the rest of the Texans if they continued their revolt. The Mexican forces also suffered heavy casualties in the Battle of the Alamo, losing between 600 and 1,600 men.

I just dream about a decent army that would at least put some resistance when the US invades us

Based Abraham Lincoln was against the war.

That is correct and it bears saying he wasn't alone, there were certainly men of conscience who tried to stop this on the American side and they did at least left the record not the full country bore that evil will.

desu we did more with the territory than Mexico ever could

dog bles ameriga

>Right of conquest only aplied in terra nullis, not amongst civilized peoples which legally the US considered Mexico to be

Of course. That's why we didn't take any populated areas of Mexico. Some hotheads wanted the whole country, trying to do that was a disaster waiting to happen.

The southeast which is almost always reliable Democrat territory every election cycle. There are no Hillary lawn signs anywhere, just Trump and Johnson ones.

None of Mexico was legally terra nullis, how many conquerors in history do you know atempted to whitewash their actions as a purchase? It was a shameful deed and the Americans themselves were fully aware.

In fact after the war Mexico moved to populate Sonora and its other northern states so they couldn't be cleaved off in a future war.

Wait, didn't he as president later authorize the construction of the Trans-Continental Railroad which ran across all that clay he claimed was illegally heisted?

>And why it sunk is still up to debate

Boiler blew up, that was found out just few years after the fact.