How did anyone think this looked acceptable?

How did anyone think this looked acceptable?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fV34mT5m0bM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah, this is the most troubling thing about Star Wars. Not the shitty writing, it's this.

Looks fine to me.

More life like than he is now.

acceptable? yes perfect? no

What would you rather have them do? Replace the actor?

It looked fine.

Leia at the end looked wonky though.

>ooked acceptable?

there was something wrong with the way the character moved too , it looked like live actors talking to a video-game character. Leia looked like a corpse.

don't make the fucking useless movie
>wow we sure do need to explain why the death star has a weakness
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I think it's mostly due to him being kept in the shadows, which made the effect more passable. Leia was way more lit.

He looks like the BFG

Reminder that Tarkin looked like this in ROTS

Looked ok, moved like he had a stick up his ass. Kinda creepy desu

which is why we only see his back for like 2 seconds, GL had sense enough not to make him a big character

It was one of the main things that bothered me to no end, they could've just hired an actor that looked similar to Tarkin and either use make up or CGI on his face to make him look like the real thing.

I don't see what's wrong with this

That's exactly what they did, retard.

Are you aware that in the new canon, Tarkin is gay and let a stormtrooper fuck him in the ass?

Just make a new fucking movie with new characters, jesus christ.
It doesnt need to be so and so many years after episode 6.

let a stormtrooper or ordered a stormtrooper?

It's funny how Tarkin looks like 6'4 in Rogue One then shrinks to average height in ANH

Disney doesn't give a shit about anything

...that is exactly what they did. For him and Leia.

do they ever stop complaining?

a true method addict

Let, it was fully consensual

Acceptable is exactly what it is

I don't know how they fucked it up so hard, but no doubt Disney only pretends to care about quality. Just look at how right 2049 got it in comparison.

youtu.be/fV34mT5m0bM

...And then Rachel comes along and blows ILM and Disney away, kek.

underrated

>it actually checks out
Dear fucking God why why why

Except that one looked shitty too. All CGI characters in real-time movies look awful because they lack the fluidity of human posture and natural facial expressions. It just looks like bad PS1 cutscenes. Also, how the fuck would they fuck up her eye color? They have footage of her and her fucking DNA file FFS. This movie was so STUPID
Yes, I'm mad.

I must have actual autism or some sort of faceblindness because this really didn't bother me in the slightest. I actually quite liked Tarkin being in R1, even if he was cgi.

Wow, does Rachel really look like THAT?
No, but seriously, this is actually impressive...

Reminder

>Yes, I'm mad.

We kinda guessed, faggot.

The techniques used weren't even different.

And 1000% better.

Yes, but it was done by a competent team that wasn't used to only animating shitty marvel fight scenes

Except MPC actually proof-tested their renders by actually recreating scenes from the original movie, as 's video shows.

ILM has had a really shitty grasp of the relationship between textures and specularity for some time now. They always think "more detail is better", as demonstrated by OP's pic. Another example of this is how terrible Yoda looked in AotC...they actually gave his skin pink subsurface highlights.