outfit4events.com/eur/product/9572-one-and-a-half-handed-sword-emory/
pix-hd.com/practice arming sword
youtu.be/yYSQsxggmRs?t=33m55s
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=57958833
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>split cour
ufotable being lazy fuck as usual.

Is this the only tales thread up?

Also for as generic as this story is, I've been enjoying this anime a lot.

>lazy
Their team is too small.

This, I prefer split cour with consistent quality than everything going down the drain with schedule and production issues.

4th for Most Gallant Knight [In Shorts]!

So when does it get bad?

I don't think those two things have much to do with each other.

Splitting it up keeps the animation quality higher.

The anime or the game? The anime has been stella with only one epsode to go.

What? Split cour means they'll have more time to work on the latter 12 episodes.

So, let me get this straight... Everyone is wearing chainmail but the princess is not?

A well made royal-tier chainmail could have blocked that lazy stab.

You can almost see Alisha's royal treasure in this frame

The armor she uses has some legendary enchantment or some bullshit according to the game. Sorey asked her why she used an ornamental armor instead of a practical armor.

forgot pic.

>im bored
>all these horse sounds make my head hurt
>wont that twat stop holding Sorey's hand already
>I wanna go back to onii-chan

Not from my understanding of how this works.

Its not cute if you can't see her figure, user.

So how NTR'd do you think Baba is feeling since Rose is now Alisha's subordinate?

>tfw Alisha will never sit on your face with her sweaty butt

I was promised a lance-wielding princess.

I feel robbed.

>that Mikleo's face
I bet he's mad Sorey holding hand with a girl.

Well of course they aren't going to be spending the whole season working on it. It just means they'll have more breather time in between in case schedule for the later episodes is backing up.

No one is equipped with sensible armor. The writer/character designer just went with whatever looked nice, as always.

God eater have various production issues because Fate UBW

>Its not cute if you can't see her figure, user.
You can't really see Rose's figure in any of her 3 canon outfits.

>Well of course they aren't going to be spending the whole season working on it.
Yes, they are, and that's precisely it.
They need to start working on it right now so that they can deliver it later. That's why a small team means you can't do more than single-cour shows.

>chainmail
>stab proof
>by a sword

kek.

Plate or Brigantine or get the fuck out. Chainmail is bad.

The very first instance of half-swording portrayed in an anime?

He's doing some parry counteratack shit.

That's not half-swording.
You can tell by the way that both hands are holding the sword at the same end.

>hold sword by the blade
>hit enemy with handle

that's pretty much halfswording/mordschlag alright.

Maria the Virgin Witch had it.

youtube.com/watch?v=8fgIMRBiNug

>plate
>implying you don't wear a chainmail under it
>implying you don't wear a gambeson under both
Gotta onion the fuck up, user.
That's Mordhau.
Halfsword is when you stab them with the tip
Also Junketsu no Maria had some nice medieval takedowns.

That's not half-swording. That's mordhau. With half-swording, the tip is still pointed towards the enemy, and you use it mostly for thrusts. Mordhau is where you use the pommel as a club. Completely different.

>>implying you don't wear a chainmail under it
Not necessarily. You usually wear mail armor under plate if your plate armor is incomplete (commonly it's missing the back protection).

Gambeson and mail armor wear both relatively weak to stabbing.

>didnt throw his pommel
>didnt end him rightly

0/10

>hold the blade with barehands
>didn't bleed
well, that explain why he use the handle instead.

>chainmail+gambeson

literally pleb-tier armor for the peasant levy.

Brigantine is the best.

Wearing plate only with normal clothes is gonna get your skin scraped up really quickly though.
At least a gambeson or some other padding is a must. Not only does it protect you from the plate but it also dampens blunt attacks.
Memester pls go.

>>hold the blade with barehands
>>didn't bleed
Nigger, you need to stop being afraid of blades. That's nothing to be amazed about.

what with that armor made him all smug?

Medieval swords aren't that sharp. The blade would chip and break too quickly.

>Wearing plate only with normal clothes is gonna get your skin scraped up really quickly though.
Why do you assume that people wouldn't wear a gambeson along with their plate?
Are you just trying to gain internet argument points?
Stop being stupid.

Maybe she'll get to use it if she goes to Rolance.

>you will never sniff Alisha's armor after a long day of travel and combat

He seems indifferent, just like the last 3 times he did

He's wearing an armor that doesnt look like one from the outside. All reason to be smug.

Here, have som Chinese brigantine boots.

Leather boots on the outside, fucking armored iron-clad on the inside.

Enemy strikes at you, thinking that he has you now - but NO, his sword is deflected and you kick him in the balls instead, crushing his hope to raise a family forever.

Witnessing.

Dunno, I thought you or that other user were arguing that only plate was needed.

Tales was saved by Berseria. Not by the Zestiria anime.

Fun fact: Baba almost wormed his way in regards to Berseria. But the director didn't take any of his tips so now Baba is still "promoted". Fuck Baba.

It's called brigandine, and I don't think it's good for deflecting blows. There was a reason it was later replaced by naked steel.

>anime will ignore her dragon oniichan like the game did

As said, she doesnt seem to wear any armor but her gauntlets and arm-protection.

OTP

>Tales of /k/
Post your medieval swordfu.
Mine's this only because I'm too short and weak for a proper longsword.

>I thought you or that other user were arguing that only plate was needed.
You do realize that typing "plate armor + gambeson underneath" takes way more time than just typing "plate armor"?

When I tell you that I wear a jacket outside - because it's cold, do you take from that I am wearing no pants?

Also the sabatons and greaves.

>you will never take a deep whiff of her riding boots at the end of a day

Best healer duo.

That is a longsword, fagggot.

I think you're confused with Lailah.

Because I'm a retard who is tall enough to use one of these.

Kill yourself

That's not what google-senpai told me.
outfit4events.com/eur/product/9572-one-and-a-half-handed-sword-emory/

He looks so disgusted with her though.

One-and-a-half sword means you use it with two hands (which makes it a long sword) while at the same time being light/small enough that you can perform a few one handed maneuvers.
A one handed thrust reaches further than a two handed one.

Speaking of healers is Dezel gonna use his subpar heal to help Alisha.

You clearly don't understand delusional shipperfag speak.

>Two people standing by eachother = foreplay
>Two people bickering = Undeniable lust and marriage
Bonus if they are boy and girl.

Hey it could be worse, it could be Lailah healing her.

Half-swording is lame and you should feel bad.

I bet seraphim don't have periods since they don't reproduce. A seraph waifu would be nice.

>Two cours long
Nah, we got time. The anime is doing good so far, so there's hope.

We used to point out that seraphs can alter their entire bodies except for their hair color, just like the Xillia spirits but then some fujo gets triggered when you mention that.

Watching epsiode 25 of re:zero I suppose

>sword

pleb.

A swordbreaker is my choice of waifu.

Coincidentially, it is called "waifu breaker", which is kinda lewd in the rapey way.

Thats false, the blades were really sharp
There is nothing strange in holding a sword by it's blade, it's the base of half swording.
You try with a kitchen knife

He probably just self inserts into Alisha now.

Brigandine is better against stabbing. But yeah, deflection isnt its strong-part.

The important thing is not to let your fingers slide.

>Bonus if they are boy and girl.

Not in this day and age. Fujos are pretty much advanced delusion.

No I'm pretty sure one and half swords are meant to be held one hand on the grip normally and the other hand on the pommel as opposed to two hands on the grip like proper two handed swords.

So Mikleo can be a proper girl then huh

And? Just as delusional as hetfags in this case.

Soon

All shipperfags are delusional

>Sword

lel

Based director.

Yep, but don't let the fujos hear you say that.

Wasnt China rather going with scale armor?

The star-scale, for example, was a highly effective armor that protects against basicallly everything, even against stabbing, as the enemy blade has little hope to get between the interlocking star-scales and break them apart, as with european chainmail and scale armor.

When the grip is long enough for you to place both hands on it, you are supposed to grab it with both hands.
Holding a sword by the pommel is how you take a short-grip sword (arming swords) into a two handed grip.

That was only because the fujos who are closet dykes clog up the thread with the female Mikleo best girl meme.

Well, when they're not validated by canon.

Not sharp enough to cut your hand when you grab it tightly and certainly not as sharp as a kitchen knife.

You forgot to mention the tip Baba gave.

Baba said that Velvet should not go through with her revenge.

Director said fuck that. So Velvet got her revenge.

I'm pretty sure they were sharper than my kitchen knives.

1. People were just joking around 2. That habit started to stop Rose v. Alishafags debates. 3. People still call Mikleo best girl.

The only person who actually got upset about it was just a fujo.

I heard that the anime diverged greatly in regards to the characterization. Is it true? Will Rose's sociopathic tendencies be finally called out?

Not sure if you can say it diverges so much as characters are just allowed to do their shit without the story stopping them.

The narrative or rather just Sorey does call Rose's whole creed bullshit indirectly, and the world building was changed so that she's undeniably wrong.

Does he act like a spooky ghost knowing Rose is afraid of them.

I heard a silly story about how modern reenactors have adopted a policy of non-hostility between groups of halberd-men. They'll charge at each other but raise their weapons at the last second.

They did this because when they were still actually attacking each other, everybody died immediately.

I probably picked a bad picture but one and half swords have a shorter grip than two handed longswords but not short enough to be purely one handed like pic related.
One and half swords are deliberately designed to be held on the pommel with one hand. I've used one before, it's not just a variation on a one handed sword and not long enough to be a longsword.

A smile worthy of protection

A butt capable of inducing erection

>fujo getting upset over other cancerous fujos
What? The only people who shitpost about Mikleo was fujos and they're also the one who repeats the 'best girl meme' or push out the 'Mikleo has a pussy!' bullshit.

>Where were you when Tales was saved?
Care to explain?

That's the picture of an arming sword, not a one-and-a-half handed sword.
pix-hd.com/practice arming sword

I think Zetsy has the best opening of the year

And people tended to do it because to stop Rose v. Alishafags who had a habit of shitposting for half the thread. Both groups were infinitely worse. And even Mikleo waifufagging tended to happen when during a slow part of the day, so it never got in the way of any discussions.

>but not short enough to be purely one handed like pic related.

Scale in padded silk/wool cloth: Brigandine

You basically can put everything you like under the cloth sandwich, nail it together, and call it a brigandine.

And it always will be quite effective.

They are long swords, they are just relatively short long swords.

I specifically remember that it was just one particular fujo who got upset about it, and it wasn't even for shitposting either, it was because of some tumblrina bullshit.

I guess it's just wrong terminology? The one I used really didn't have a long enough grip to fit two hands comfortably. You could only hold the other hand on the bottom of the pommel. Whereas with "longsword" I meant the kind of two-handed-sword-that-is-not-a-greatsword where you were supposed to hold it with both hands on the grip.

Reminder that they should just fuck already.

Truly, we have entered into a new era where Rosefags and Alishafags can work together and join hands with the fujos in their homosexual fantasies. Praise the ToZ anime!

Why would fujos want Mikleo to be a girl? Don't they usually hate female characters for getting in the way of their gay ships or some shit?

Wonder why they're called bastard swords? There must be a reason.

A reason that is over both of your stupid fucking heads.

They are really longswords in development. People needed more punching power so they experimented with longer grips, or grabbing their swords by enlarged pommels, or even holding them by the blade.
They are not primarily two handed.

I really liked their tag team fighting.
If they can be friends maybe Alisha and Rosefags will lay down their weapons as well.

Considering the last thread, I wouldn't bet any money on it.

Watching Re:zero

This episode = nasty.

I'll accept Rose if she fucking gets called out big time in the 2nd cour.

Berseria already called out her kind of behavior. I'm hoping Ufotable does the same.

In the game it was technically Lunarre who called her out, but because it was Lunarre she didn't give a fuck.

What they need to do is to make her experience the negative consequences to her beliefs.

Because the entire concept of yaoi mimicks hetero relationship. Girl with a dick with a masculine man is the standard. Mikleo already looks feminine and some nips see him as that so going one further step to give him tits and a pussy is rather common. That's why I call them closet dykes. It's really funny.

But there wasn't much fighting in the last thread. There was discussion on whether her actions were right or not but it was plenty civil.
I don't think it'll directly get called out since anime Rose hasn't really done anything bad on-screen yet. I do believe she might change her mindset seeing how much they focused on Alisha stopping her this episode. They wouldn't just let her easily kill again as soon as Alisha isn't looking.

>switched directions twice with her sword after the parry before her opponent could even react
That is some incredible shoulder and core strength. I bet you'd be able to bounce nickels off of her lats and obliques.

And of course, there was Rose spinning everywhere this episode. I hope these mooks have glorious dreams of getting dom'd by these two.

But then wouldn't they just be, people who in reality like het?

If they prefer heterosexual couples then they aren't dykes.

Also
>getting so upset about a character being girly that you actually get triggered.

>That is some incredible shoulder and core strength.
You forget that nimble movements require no strength in fiction for some reason, just like archery.

So was the overall verdict on Berseria?

why is she holding the sword like that?

Because that's where a good sword is balanced. It's the most comfortable place to hold it.

Because RPGs have taught us that you can either max out STR or DEX and so being fasd means that you have no strength and muscles.

Because anons wet themselves over the prospect of half swording in anime.

Check the image.

Yeah I'm not joking. The elevens say that's it's better than Xillia up to Zestiria. It's a return to form. Considers it one of the best in the series.

Importers also love it. Says everything so much better than Zestiria (which frankly is not that hard to do).

You dont wear chainmail under plate.

You wear fabric under plate. And chain around the non-plated area.

Well thus far in the anime she's accepted the request of a corrupt politician to murder a princess that is beloved by the people because said politician said so.

She's has also outright stated that she believes that she can kill one person to save a thousand, though Soey and Lailah pointed out that such a belief was bullshit. So her creed is already an area that needs to be addressed.

So there is still an part of her character that needs to be addressed. Though they can easily fix it by having Alisha's injury weigh on her conscious.

>Alisha has some really proper swordfighting techniques and movements
>meanwhile Sorey swings his magical shockwave saber and spams magic with his other giant spiky JRPG weapons
Seraphs were a mistake

Because she has clearly just disarmed her opponent and is holding his sword how she wrested it away from him.

>You dont wear chainmail under plate.
Yes, you do.
But reduce the amount of mail the more advanced your plate gets.
Wearing mail only where you are not protected by plate would create gaps.

Fuck off Edna is for Zaveid and Mikleo is for Sora.

>She's has also outright stated that she believes that she can kill one person to save a thousand, though Soey and Lailah pointed out that such a belief was bullshit.
Didn't Yuri from ToV believe in the same thing?

It's liked because it's not Zestiria. Which is only a step up from hating Zestiria because of Rose.

Yuri was never challenged about it. He just mellowed out on his crazy as the story went on.

>But then wouldn't they just be, people who in reality like het?
Well yeah. Alot of BL is just het in disguise. But the dicks are still there so there's that.

>If they prefer heterosexual couples then they aren't dykes.
But they prefer to change a male to a complete female so yeah, they'd be dykes.

How do we protect this smile?

Yes and no, Yuri actually acknowledged that had no right to kill them, and he only waited until after they got away with murder and were going to do it again.

Yuri got called out on it by Flynn, then Estelle and the whole team. There's even a side quest where he comes across someone who does it and he acknowledges that it's wrong.

>Alisha has near death experienced and becomes closer to seraph world
>Attacku helps preserve her life
>now she sees seraphs and is infused with Norman Power
>Rose becomes her powerbottom

THE ERA OF ALISHA IS NOW

I dunno. I mean, people said he was a based character because of it. I don't get why people would be angry over what Rose is doing yet glad when Yuri does it.

Will this thing do anything different from the game? If not, I'm done, I don't want to see Rose: The Anime.

>Alot of BL is just het in disguise.
How would you know user? Do you read it?

>But they prefer to change a male to a complete female so yeah, they'd be dykes.
To be a dyke that would meant that both characters would be female. But just changing one character to male to female makes it a heterosexual relationship, and that's what they prefer.

A dyke isn't heterosexual, user.

You don't?
Anons are supposed to be knowledgeable.

I'm pretty sure the game is Edna: The Anime, but people didn't care since she was the cute little sister type.

>I bet you'd be able to bounce nickels off of her lats and obliques.
I would want to bounce my lips and tongue off them.

>TO Rose

This made me laugh more than it should.

Calling a person who likes het a dyke is hardly an example of being knowledgeable.

Because Yuri was different from the standard idealistic Tales male protag. It was solely because he did it first.

It wasn't all about Edna unless you're a lolicon who only focused on Edna and was somehow able to ignore Rose, which is the one thing lolicons are seemingly good at, ignoring anything that isn't a loli.

Wow that's pretty gay of you user

No, because Yuri was called out on it by the his team, they acknowledged was wrong and said it to his face.

There's so much double standard in your post, I'm not even sure where to begin, user.

Probably because Yuri knew it was wrong to go around murdering people and the game didn't pretend like he was in the right.

Alisha is a trained pro, Sorey learned to fight slaughtering boars in the mountain.

But that doesn't change the fact that fans love him because of it. Getting called out on it has no bearing on the fact they found his 'kill one to save another' actions incredibly based.

Sorey was raised and trained by seraphs.

It's half of an Alisha: the anime with Rose as a sidekick.
The other half is Sorey's adventures.

It's my favorite Tales now, saying as someone who played everything in the series except Rebirth and Symphonia 2

I'm not gay if that's what you're thinking.

I'm not referring to how fujos like to emulate heterosexuality in their pairings in this case. I'm referring to the Mikleofag fujos who post all those female Mikleo edits from previous threads. They enjoy the thought of Mikleo being a beautiful girl with a pussy, so they would be dykes in my eyes.

>TO Rose

>tox 2 better than tox
>a game that reuses 85% of it's predecessor's assets

Gets me every time.

So it's not quite like the game then? If that's the case, I'll give it a watch. Would be one of those rare times where I actually prefer an adaptation to not be verbatim to the game.

No, but like I said, Yuri was confronted about his beliefs, outright told he was wrong, never framed as though he was right, and even acknowledged his actions as incorrect. And even then he only attacked people after they had committed a crime.

Rose on the other hand literally lives in a world where people like her cause a lot of terrible bullshit to happen, the fact that the game never acknowledges nor has Rose be made to confront the fact that her beliefs are wrong. She ends the game thinking that she's right, and the game's narrative is in shambles because of it.

The Seraph didn't train him. Early skit in the game is Alisha asking him where he learned to fight and he responds that it was self taught boar hunting.

Not him but I kinda see what he's getting at. It depends on which character the person sexualizes. If a fujo prefers sexualizing or drawing lewd pictures of the female Mikleo then that's pretty gay. If they don't particularly do that then it's not.

But wouldn't anyone prefer Mikleo to be a cute girl? Doesn't everyone love cute girls?

How does that make them any different from shoujofags or even hetfags. The fact that they'd rather Mikleo be a beautiful girl with a pussy, just means that people find Mikleo attractive.

The fujos go either way, so it's really not anything for user to get upset about.

How do you know that person isn't a guy wanting to fuck a female Mikleo though?

>Maybe she'll get to use it if she doesn't die

fix that for you

You mean when Alisha thought that he was the only who lived in Elysia?

If you talk to the seraphs later in the game you find out that he learned how to fight from training with Mikleo.

>The fujos go either way
So they're bi?

They probably had some kind of cohesion in the story up until it was mysteriously ruined by a mysterious mystery of a person. I wonder who could have done something at the last minute to make the game a total shit flop that forced them from bugfixing into cramming changes in the story and other resource alterations.

user, I think you're not really reading what I'm saying here. I'm not judging them on their actions. I'm saying fans are somewhat hypocritical of liking Yuri of killing another person (and only for that reason) and yet when Rose does the same thing, she gets chewed out. No one ever mentions they like Yuri for getting chewed out by the characters within the game. I'm just saying people are having a double standard here due to people's inherent bias for her having taken Alisha's spot in the game.

Alisha is alpha as fuck and makes Rose her sub.

Can ufotable save Fate?

It's more about Rose character breaking the narrative. You don't even have to like Alisha to notice this.

There's nothing wrong with it. I'm just saying they're closet dykes if they obsess over it so much. Simple as that.
>The fact that they'd rather Mikleo be a beautiful girl with a pussy, just means that people find Mikleo attractive.

You can find a character attractive without projecting them into another sexuality though. Once again, I'm not criticizing fujos who want Mikleo to have a pussy so much as I'm pointing out that it's odd that they do that in the first place.

Yaoi is between two males. No matter how 'effeminate' Mikleo may seem, he has a dick, a deep voice and boyish behavior. If they really like 'yaoi', then why do they try to change him into a female? I'm just curious.

You lost me. I have no idea what your post has anything to do with mine, unless you're trying to make a pun of the name Yuri with yuri.

>Mikleo can remodel his asshole to give birth to beautiful babies

I can't believe you're so dense that you can't see the difference between Yuri and Rose.

Are you ready to go that far for your waifu?

Because unlike Yuri, and Alisha, Rose breaks the narrative. Yuri doesn't live in a world where doing what he did causes people to turn into monsters, and is then never called out on it. I didn't even like Alisha and I noticed this.

Why would they have to be closet dykes though? Couldn't they just be regular dykes? Or bisexual

That would be the fault of the bad story-telling. But that doesn't really change the fact that the major complaint people have is her 'kill one to save thousand' philosophy which is a complete 180 of people liking Yuri of kill one to save another. Again, no one ever liked Yuri for being called out for it, so saying Rose never got called out is rather hypocritical.

At least then no woman can claim anymore that no man knows the ultimate suffering.

I fucking hate his propaganda.

But thus far the only person whose really obsessing over it is you.

Seraphim can't reproduce though

That's good. Even though I do like Alisha as a sub in artworks. She's terribly cute when she blushes in that kind of situation.

I just worry that it would turn into an anime that sucks Rose's dick, like the game didn't do that enough, and we'll never see Alisha again throughout the series and be forced to endure all that Rose cock-sucking.

But again, you're missing the point. Yuri never broke the narrative by existing.

Rather than bitch about things you don't like, why don't you guys post about things you DO like about the game/anime?

If obsessing means discussing and asking a question, sure I am.

That works too.

To be fair, shitting out a baby does sound really fucking painful.

Getting kicked into the balls is so painful that you can die from it.

But they never do that, and they never will.

Most people don't like much out of this shit game anyway.

Welcome to your average TOZ thread.

Which isn't the point. People liked Yuri for acting like an anti-hero and killing people. People rarely ever brings up the 'getting called out on it' as a reason why they like him. And I'm sure you can show me a scene where Rose knew that people can turn into monsters when she did all those things, right?

Eh, I got shot in my balls plenty of times during soccer when I played as a goalie, I'm still alive.

You're the only one whose getting weirdly upset about mere shitposting.

You do realize my initial post was replying to someone complaining about her 'killing one to save a thousand' philosophy, right? I have no idea why you're bringing up her breaking narrative part when that's not what I'm speaking against.

That's how these threads are. The same 45 or so fujoshits and Cred Forums scum post so it's repetitive.

Context matters, and in Rose's case it still matters that she was a giant hypocrite who tried to sell an idea like killing or stealing was wrong, and then she went out and did it anyway and was celebrated for her actions, like she switched from the philosophy of categorical imperative to utilitarian ethics in a splitsecond.

You have no proof they're fujos to start with. Just stop it, you're embarrassing yourself over something so stupid.

Maybe you're secretly a girl.
Have you tried giving birth to a loli?

What the hell are you talking about, there were plenty of people praising the anime last thread and this thread started off well with swordplay talk.

No, but you can rupture major arteries.

And you're the only one reading into what was otherwise a harmless discussion about fujo culture.

Oh yeah you're right, there are no little girls on Cred Forums. How could I be so foolish.

It is because Yuri never broke the narrative for his game. In fact, Yuri's game literally had this as a theme. You're getting focusing on the fact that people like Yuri for being an anti-hero while blatantly ignoring the actual character and game.

There is exactly 1 (ONE) Alisha x Rose doujin on the panda.

I hope the anime changes this.

I mean it did better use of the assets than the first game.

>You have no proof they're fujos to start with.
Not that user but you don't have any proof they aren't.

Not all girls are fujos and if they really wanted Mikleo to be a girl then they wouldn't even be fujos anymore. They'd just be fans of a het relationship.

Why you're posting about supposed girls wanting to make Mikleo a girl and thus making them dykes even though the pairing would be straight is retarded.

The simple fact that they would want Mikleo to be a girl would make them not a fujo to start with. Fujos like gay pairings, and would prefer Mikleo to be a boy.

Tales of Degeneracy
Yes please

Because by the game's world that shit doesn't work.

Quints confirm his smile is worth protecting.

It needs some more suggestiveness. Like an onsen scene or some rude gropings. Something that would act as the catalyst for inspiring thoughts in those who don't play the games but are watching the anime.

No it's just you attemping to justify being triggered by shitpostting.

I'm pretty sure context doesn't matter since, as I mentioned many times, most people liked Yuri for willing to take the extra step and kill someone to save another. The 'he gets called out on it later' part rarely comes up. I get what you're saying here, but it doesn't change the fact that people like Yuri for such a superficial reason yet couldn't do the same for Rose. It's not like I'm saying they didn't butcher the characterization here. I'm saying Rose wouldn't have gotten so much flak if they do the bait-and-switch for Alisha.

How about something like Rose escapes with Alisha from the castle and strips her down to treat her back wound? Cue lewd?

He literally jokes with Alisha saying his fighting style is from the "prickle boar school".

And by the game's world logic, Alisha's action would have caused her nation to be smashed into the ground if it wasn't for the unlikely arrival of the Shepard.

It does because Yuri and Rose don't belong to the same story. Just because I like a character trait in one story doesn't mean that I'll like in another. It's called context user.

Typo, meant "if they didn't do the bait-and-switch for Alisha'.

They could just reuse the scene where she barges into Alisha's room and strips her down with the door open.

You mean Bartlow's aka the villain's logic, which is wrong.

>If they really wanted Mikleo to be a girl then they wouldn't even be fujos anymore
That leads back to my question of why do fujos do that exact thing in the first place anyway. There are plenty of artists who draw Mikleo as both male or female and ship them with Sorey.

Again, I still haven't gotten an exact answer.
Nah, but it does sound like someone's triggered over being called a closet dyke.

I didn't like Yuri either, I was pretty neutral with him, though. I mean my favorite Tales character goes back to ToP and those were pretty generic 90s anime characters. But Rose took me aback not just because she was celebrated for her actions, but because of her attitude toward other characters that bled hypocrisy that came with her actions. It also didn't help that she was shilled by Baba.

And yet they liked Yuri for killing someone, with or without context to the world at large. If ToZ's marketing had been handled better, I'm almost certain people wouldn't be chewing out Rose this hard.

youtu.be/yYSQsxggmRs?t=33m55s

starting at the time stamp

Why does it bother you so much?

Why does it bother you that it bothers me?

Didn't I state that it doesn't and I'm curious enough to ask a question? Why can't you answer it instead of being mad that I'm pointing something out? This is kind of silly.

I was talking about when you revisit to return Gramp's pipe. And Sorey's explanation on why he uses a ceremonial sword.

Alisha couldn't save the town from the plague. It was the work of the Shepard that did it. As well as the numerous times that Sorey did his Shepard stuff. Face it, with Alisha at the helm, her nation would have died out, with or without Bartlow's actions.

I do like cute lewd stuff like that. Stuff that would make Alisha say cute things like "ch-chotto matte!" and blush wide-eyed in anticipation of an incipient kiss or something like that, or get surprised by being touched in a rather uncomfortable spot. Among other ideas.

>And yet they liked Yuri for killing someone

Wat

What version of ToV did you play where this happens? EVERYONE excluding Judith chews Yuri out. Especially Estelle.

You're the one who keeps asking the question, so I'm to assume that it does bother you.

They're probably bi, dude. I've seen fujos draw lewds of both males and females.

The fans, user. The fans. I already said he gets chewed out by the characters within the game.

didn't karol have an existential crisis after that as well? his 'hero' just went and buried some dude in quicksand

Alisha being unable save the town isn't her fault though, nor was it ever framed as such. She's not the shepherd she can't purify the land. The only person who can do that is Sorey. That being said war spreads malevolence so her anti-war stance is actually a good thing.

And you're the one who keeps replying without answering the question, which could've ended the discussion. You're contributing nothing while implying offense over what I'm asking.
>likes dicks with dicks
>makes the dick into a pussy anyway
Weird, but them being bi makes that work out I guess.

People disliking Rose has nothing to do with marketing, it's about the character herself. Hell many people dislike both Alisha and her for different reasons.

It was not even a secret. He was actually the reason why the Zestiria team split up into two factions.

Fucking Baba I swear I hope he stays "promoted".

But Rose doesn't get chewed out by anyone, and her narrative isn't one that supports her actions.

Which is the point. Her anti-war stance wouldn't have accomplished shit since Malevolence wasn't something she could have handled on her own. Her actions would have lead to her nation being stomped into the ground since the other nations aren't in the right mind to listen to her. If there was no Malevolence, then Alisha's soft-handed tactics might have succeeded, but not here. Reason and logic just can't do shit against the supernatural, especially on such a large scale.

I hope by that quotation usage you mean "eternally sent death threats up until his actual death".

You're talking to more than one user you, know that right?

Nips like BL, faceless men and het. Yuri not so much, except for a foreplay for a threesome or a gangbang by faceless men

This is funny considering on Berseria, the Shepard actually does what Rose was trying to do in Zestiria, and it was actually bad as fuck. Like so bad, that the Shepards were actually the evil ones. Not the Lord of Calamity.

I've already explained that part already. I don't want this to turn us yelling in circles, so just follow the chains of replies or something. I really don't feel like repeating myself for the x-th time already.

I wasn't aware.

Sorey should become an archaeology professor. Glasses Sorey art where?

Let's be honest here. Without the Shepherd, the entire world is fucked, regardless of what Alisha does or doesn't do.

Being a yurifag is suffering

I'm not sure how you're getting that people liked Yuri based on killing some fag. Yuri's entire character was Robin Hood. Hell, watch the anime and you'll get a very compartmentalized demonstration of what makes Yuri such a well-liked person, without resulting to edgelord bullshit.

And your point is lost user. All that means is that Alisha is ineffective to purifying malevolence, it doesn't mean that she's wrong about the war being bad for everyone involved. In fact as seen from this episode and the equivalent scene in the game it's just the opposite. The war is bad for everyone including Sorey because it's making his job harder.

"Promoted" in quotation marks in the Japanese industry means, he was given a title in Baba's case, he became the "General Supervisor" of the Tales series, in which he actually does NOTHING. He was just given that title so that it would look like Namco cared for him. But the truth is he is rotting somewhere in their offices because of the disaster he caused.

>I've already explained that part already.

No you didn't. You blamed it on marketing for some fucking reason.

Yeah, that's kinda my point. Alisha's anti-war message really wouldn't have worked without the existence of the Shepard. Granted, the entire world wouldn't have worked either, but the point stands, Alisha really needed Sorey to get her point across.

I've been enough ToV threads to know that scene is what people like to post the most about Yuri. What happens afterward like him getting chewed out usually gets talked about in a few posts between few posters before they go back to waifu-posting.

Mobage games haven't got on that yet. There's Rolance Noble Sorey though.

>Without the Shepherd, the entire world is fucked
Actually no.

The Shepard is the one that started this fucking mess.

>most people liked Yuri for willing to take the extra step and kill someone to save another.

I have no idea why that was made a big deal of. Main Characters who are okay with killing are completely normal in Tales. The first game is basically Cless chasing Dhaos around time and space to kill him thrice, giving very little fucks to the whole "he actually had good intentions" plotline. Abyss has that part at the beginning where Luke feels queasy about killing people for the first time in his life, gets told to deal with it and they go on murdering folks for the rest of the game.

How do I know you didn't make this graph yourself, based on numbers you pulled from your ass?

Wasn't it the kid's idea in the first place?

this the last episode or is there one more in the cour?

They were both in on it.

>Her anti-war stance wouldn't have accomplished

Except that's fucking wrong as demonstrated in Berseria. Alisha's stance in the anime is the SAME fucking morale behind Velvet's crew. the idea that it wouldn't matter if you purified all the malevolence in the world, if you didn't deal with the root problem(war and strife), it would just keep coming back indefinitely.

Ufo is literally intersecting Alisha's values to Berseria's cast, which in turn is antithesis to Rose's ideal(which were also mirrored in Artorious). Hell it's -very- noticeable the writing team is trying hard to retcon Zestiria's values and bring them in line with Berseria's just by examining Alisha and Rose's showdown, the newly added scene were Sorey visits the graveyard, etc.

Damn where she be hiding those titties

He's talking about Michael.

>Let's be honest here. Without the Shepherd, the entire world is fucked

Except it's not, as demonstrated in Berseria. There were no sheperds. In fact, the purification gimmick was just something Phi developed when decked Laphi in the dick. Prior to that, they figured they could quell the malevolence just by fixing the conditions around them.

There are actually several user pointing this out to you. Your point makes no sense because you only want to talk about the fact that people like Yuri for being a anti-hero but also wish to conveniently ignore the actual character and story that he comes from.

That leads up to your point just having no basis to it.

Just wait to Mikleo win the SoreyBowl for the 4th time

Hell Velvet was a malevolence factory and they kept that shit in check lol. Fuck Rosetorious.

Yet it will never be as good as Berseria.

It couldn't have been anymore than it already was Sorey is the shepherd whose duty is to purify the land of kegare. Kegare spreads to discontent but not all the time. War is the biggest cause discontent, a princess wants to stop the war but can't due to mitigating factors that she isn't at fault for, but if she doesn't advocate for peace then no one else will.

I haven't been paying attention to this anime at all. It's well liked? But the game was garbage? Did the "fix" a lot of things, then?

And then Rose can win the AlishaBowl at the same time for a double gay end

No, it wouldn't have accomplished anything because she really couldn't do anything. She's not a Shepard, she would not have been able to handle the purification. It's a death spiral that she couldn't break out of since she lacks the supernatural powers to handle said supernatural problem. Without Sorey, her words is just that, words. She's completely right in her words and actions, but it really wouldn't do much when the plague is infecting everyone and Seraphims are being corrupted, which is just making things worse. People aren't being reasonable due to how long the Malevolence had been affecting them. Until she can get rid of it, people wouldn't be listening to her.

Berseria flopped, so no. Only fedora tippers think it was good and better than Zestiria.

Luke never gets used to it, and has nightmares about it throughout the game. Generally speaking people in modern society don't look kindly on those who find it easy to kill.

This.

Ufotable and the Berseria team are shitting on EVERYTHING Baba did.

Fuck that Baba Yaga.

>Caring about this universe's plot.
lol. All that happens is whatever the writer/director wants to happen.

Which Tales would you fuck?

>Did they "fix" a lot of things
That's actually what I'm wondering, because the game WAS garbage, and yes, there were reasons beyond the simple bait and switch, but that really did contribute to why people hate the game. It SEEMS like, from the impressions, that this anime is taking a turn from it in some senses, so I'm gonna give it a shot, but it's still not clear.

None of these, these girls suck

Damn, this is like some B or C grade tier shit.

checked

I'm gonna assume this anime is going to be based on how the original writing was meant to be played out before Baba inserted himself into the project.

>leftover Alisha weapons in future scenarios of the game

Not that user, but yes it does accomplish something, by stopping the war she might not be doing anything to the malevolence that's already there but she is stopping it from spreading to areas where it isn't and preventing it from taking over areas that Sorey has already purified.

Sorey can't do everything himself, that's why characters like Alisha and Sergei were introduced they help Sorey on quest to purify the land by attempting to create an environment where malevolence can't spread. That's why it's so important that they succeed.

It's been years since I played, but I'm pretty sure that Luke's end battle quote when the party kills humans is one where he's upset about it.

What part of "you don't need to be a shepherd to quell the malevolence" did you not understand? You don't need supernatural powers to return helions to their senses, they just need their horrible conditions to be unfucked.

Hell, Eizen's crew has fucking helions who got their humanity returned to them working as his shipmates. The only person they ever 'purified' was Aifread. And that's because they didn't have the luxury of time to unfuck everything that brought him that point.

If Alisha stops the war, and the conditions are met, helions return to being human. Only difference is that, in Berseria, they still looked like monsters, because Artorious made it so no one could see malaks or helion's true forms leading up to Zestiria.

The sales are still growing and response to the game is overall positive compared to Zestiria. Zestiria sold based on hype which quickly got dismissed when people actually played the game and the PR mess only made it worse.

That's why majority of the game copies was returned when people realized how garbage it was.

Yuri killed people that he knew from his own experience that would cause more trouble.
Even so, he knew that doing so is a crime..

He does, there's also a drama cd and a skit about it.

Arche

And I've already point it out. Most people who are fans of Yuri liked him because of his willingness to kill. The context of the world at large (him regretting it, the other characters chewing him out for it, etc...) really doesn't factor into it. It's such a superficial reason for liking him that it's almost insulting to the other fans that liked him for reasons beyond that. I get that Rose has many reasons to be disliked by the fandom, but I'm specifically calling out of her 'killing one to save thousands' philosophy that the fanbase is chewing her out on.

I didn't expect this anime to be good, I'm pretty happy with lots of Alisha too

In before Baba stealthly works his way onto the anime staff to ruin it and make Rose the main character.

Yes, something that would have be eventually drowned out by the sheer amount of Malevolence present. In the great scheme of things, unless she had a way to remove some of the utterly toxic level of Malevolence, her anti-war message would have been ignored by everyone.

How the fuck can Alisha unfuck a corrupted Seraphim and polluted water?

Don't Jinx it. This anime has restored my faith in Ufo

There's one more.

Did you lose it with UBW or something? I personally liked that.

You should really watch the episode untill the end, don't stop at the ED.

Since Alisha and Maltran are both present during the war do you think Maltran will reveal herself as a Hellion and betray Alisha.

Also, bets on what happens to the new cutie knights. Live, die, become Hellions?

And as you keep ignoring, they're fans of Yuri because in the game his character doesn't hurt the game's narrative. To the contrary his game is literally about the difference between "people's justice". They also like other things about him.

Rose on the other hand does hurt her game's narrative merely by existing. The game doesn't support her views and you can see the actual problem with it by looking at the story.

People like Yuri but hate Rose because like other people have pointed out he doesn't break his game's narrative, in fact his being a vigilante is a part of game's narrative. Rose on the other hand does harm her game's narrative. The reason for the difference in opinion like everyone has been pointing out to you is context.

I liked UBW more than most people seemed to but I can't say some parts of it weren't disappointed. Also God Eater that was shit

The same way Velvet and crew did it. Go to the source, fuck it up. As for corrupted people, they had quell the shit that was plaguing them, the slowly restore their faith.

The only difference between that and the shepherd is they didn't have Lailah manipulating some kid to go on a self-sacrificial genocidal inquisition.

See this dude? He's a fucking hellion that's also your best bro and confidant. There's also a LOLI HELLION that joins your ship's crew.

If you don't think that's tighter than sending some dipshit out to solve everything on his own, then you need to get the fuck outta here.

Bullshit. I've been in enough ToV threads to know a majority doesn't care that his vigilante justice doesn't break the narrative, just that he's willing to kill someone.

Right, cause I'm sure Alisha and the other people knew how to handle all of that without the Seraphim telling them how to. It's like you're missing the point that no one knew what the hell was really going on besides through long-forgotten legends, myths and Seraphim (to whom no one can see).

Yay!

Chainmail doesn't protect you from stabbing, user

Unless said best bro was also fucking up the town and turning into a dragon, your point is invalid.

Look around, she didn't save a damn thing

>It's like you're missing the point that no one knew

Except Alisha was on point with what had to be done. Didn't need no faggy seraphim to figure out the best solution is to stop the war. Same way Velvet's crew figured it out.

Lizardmen are underappreciated.

What if Maltran has some freaky eye under that hair like Rokuro.

No user, malevolence doesn't just spread like the common cold. In order to for it to spread you need to have the people triggered by a negative emotion which will then cause to be infected. However, if the people don't feel a negative emotion then it won't spread. And the only way for them to not feel a negative emotion is by living a fulfilling life, which isn't something that Sorey can ensure.

This is the reason why in the game even after you completely purified an Ladylake you could still come across one or two hellions, with people around them who weren't effected.

Killing them doesn't help, and you can purify without killing but that's just pointless if you don't address the cause, as seen from that case of the kids in the woods. The little girl's reason for becoming a hellion wasn't dealt with and so she transformed again after being purified.

I want to hold hands with her

As have I, and people don't need to bring up the fact that Yuri doesn't break his narrative because there isn't a issue with it. A character should fit their story's narrative.

They bring it up with Rose because it is an issue with her.

>finish Eizen's side quest in Berseria
>turns out Edna likes to bully her brother, too
Cute.

They need to stop adapting nasu garbage. They're way too talented to be wasting time on his awful stories.

Not sure about Touken Ranbu but Zestiria has given me some hope.

Actually you do, but more in the way of Sorey's dream. The only way to get rid of Malevolence as a concept is for Sorey to make human and seraphim co-existence a reality. But you don't need to be shepherd to do it.

In fact Sorey isn't a shepherd when he and Mikleo embark on that quest.

what did she mean by this?

>lizardbro in Berseria
>lizardbro in Goblin Slayer

Things are starting to look up for the reptilians!

Has Alisha even cried since the first episode?

You know humans and seraphim(malaks) coexisted just fine in Berseria while malevolence was still a plague right? Seraphim disappearing from the world was a machination from another character who thought he could erase the malevolence, as well as the emotions causing with it. It ended up removing magic and seraphim from people's perception because of it.

If Sorey managed to make it so people could perceive seraphim again, it wouldn't have any bearing on the malevolence. He'd just get rid of the barrier bullshit Melchoir and Artorious cooked up.

No, but you see her come close in some scenes. Particularly in Marlind when she couldn't prevent people from suffering.

But that wasn't true co-existence because the seraphim were mostly slaves, and they became visible because of something that Artorius did.The "co-existence" during this time was a lie. Also I think you misunderstood the extra dungeon, where they explain the origin as malevolence it was a curse created by seraphim.

God I wish they do more shit with Maltran than in the game, she was so fucking badly characterized in the game. Maltran barely appeared at all and her "lol betrayal" moment came out of complete left field. She had zero backstory.

Fortunately Maltran's already had a larger prescence in the anime. Unfortunately, she still comes across as a generally nice person who cares for Alisha, so her betrayal will be an even bigger "wtf am I watching" moment than the game.

>Dat increase in Edna x Onii-chan fanarts because of the anime
Thank you, Ufotable.

Wait I didn't get any of that? That was in the ex-dungeon?

Yup, that's why Artorius is such an asshole. Not only did he make malevolence worse I wouldn't be surprised if his actions made Seraphim wary of humans, thus prolonging the curse. But never fear Sorey will clean up after his mess, like Eleanor did before him.

Simply the greatest.

Will we finally get more porn of her?

Why do you think Berseriafags always say that Eleanor and Sorey were the only good shepherds?

The fact that Eizen design is pretty cool helps too.

Secondary here. Why did Eizen turn into a dragon? Could his friends not save him?

I'm counting on it.

Eizen is moe.

Basically they couldn't save him in Berseria because he dies in Zestiria. Eizen has really bad luck, and everyone in his domain would suffer from that bad luck, which generated malevolence. Like what that other user said, it seems like his situation just got so fucked because of his bad luck, it was inevitable that he'd turn into a dragon.

>tfw the chainmail cant suppress her softness.

>anime has to cover a lot of content
>already episode 11
>another cour won't be enough
>ufotable decides to dedicate screentime to their shitty OCs

A translation from the guidebook.

From the Tales of Zestiria Official World Guidance Book, p.29
>Maltran

>Gender: Female
>Height: 172cm (5”8’)
>CV: Koyama Mami

>A female knight from the Hyland Kingdom who is nicknamed the “Blue Valkyrie.”

>She is a military adviser as well as an instructor for new recruits.

>She taught Alisha how to fight with a lance from a young age and was the only one who supported her, as she tended to be isolated within the kingdom.

>She is someone who takes her role and responsibilities seriously, and is strict even toward herself.
>“What you see before you is reality and truth.”

>She does not hesitate to dirty her hands for her ideal

>She did not choose her fate. She was a sickly girl born into a family of knights, but succession was forced upon her after the heir’s death. When she left her hometown Marlind, she strictly disciplined herself with her strong sense of responsibility. That is how she became feared as the Valkyrie.

>A few decades ago, Maltran, who had already distinguished herself in battle by that point, vanquished a whole Rolance unit by herself. Jealousy of her accomplishments turned some of her allies into hellions, and they attacked her from behind. That is when she too lost her humanity, and lost faith in the world and people full of malevolence. She believed in the ideal of destroying the world to restore it, and she joined the Lord of Calamity. Since then, she plotted to cause a great war to lead the world to destruction. She became the teacher of a dreamy and pacifist princess, and pretended to support her. Then, she pushed her to oppose the pro-war ministers so that the war would happen faster.

Cont.
>Once her true nature was revealed, she tried to kill the princess to taint the Shepherd with malevolence, but she was no match to them. She died for her ideal, impaling herself on the lance of the princess, who was still trying to believe in her teacher.

>“THIS is reality, Alisha.”

>Herself, who was forced to become a knight and distinguish herself, and the princess, who suffers under the weight of her country—a burden she decided on her own to shoulder. They were polar opposites. Nevertheless, Maltran also held the desire to see how far her pupil would go.

Goddamn you guys are spoiling Berseria left and right here.

All I got from what you fucks are saying is that:

>Berseria basically saved the Tales series
>Berseria took Rose's autism and showed why she is fucked up in the head.
>Artorius is a fucking asshole and it looks like Velvet has the right to be actually damn mad at him.

>tfw they could've done so much more with Maltran's backstory but they relegated it to other material
BABAAAAAA

Berseria is basically the staff's giant "fuck you" to Baba after what he made them go through.

Packing backstory into side content is not characterization. There's literally nothing in Maltran's characterization in-game or in the anime that suggests any of what you just put down.

Don't forget Sorey is the only decent shepherd who succeeded despite his prime lord and squire being the most unhelpful set of bitches in the world.

Blame Baba for dropping Alisha's character, Symmonne was worse, her character is only connected to Sorey not Dezel.

I still remember when people were trolling on how edgy Velvet was.

Then when the game came out. She was not like that at all. Except to those that really deserved it.

If Apple Dragon had better taste in women, Lailah wouldn't even be the one picking Shepards anyways.
>tfw your onee-chan fetish almost ruined everything

From the guidebook

>Symonne

>Able to manipulate illusions that are affected by feelings, she’s a seraph who is able to deceive others. By bestowing her blessing, she is able to corrupt people, and suffers from the “karma” of doing so, however she has become Heldalf’s subordinate in order to find meaning in her life. She wields great power due to her oath, though she is unable to kill her opponents thanks to it. Contrary to her appearance as a young girl, she speaks with a tone that suggests she has philosophical knowledge of the world.

>“A seraph’s blessing isn’t restricted to just being something that brings happiness to humans.”

>Seeking salvation with the Lord of Calamity

>Loving humans, she bestowed her blessing upon a village, but because of this, the village perished. All of the villagers fell into an illness where they would endlessly sleep. The people would deny the harshness of reality, and as a result cling to the dreams of their ideal worlds that Symonne would show them. She came to realize she was an “Angel of Death”, and fell into self-denial. Heldalf recognized her power, and she was saved by being employed by him. It became a comfort for her to live with the philosophy of not fighting against her suffering.

>From then on, for the purpose of the world her master wished for, she manipulated illusions from behind the scenes. She would take action together with her fellow subordinate, Lunarre, using cowardly methods to try and force the Shepherd into succumbing to malevolence. However, she’s the opposite of Lunarre, and holds a willingly self-sacrificial purity for her master, which results in her remaining a seraph without corruption.

Will there be another cour after this? And will that cour return this anime back to telling us of Rose's greatness like based Baba had wanted?

Cont.

>The Shepherd, who says he’ll protect things that aren’t corrupted, but he’ll erase the hellions – she believed his actions and need to judge things were nothing more than his ego talking. Thinking back on Dezel’s death, the Shepherd faced Symonne, who was asking whether being an Angel of Death meant that one’s very existence was evil, and the boy who’d just defeated all of her illusions answered: “Anyone is allowed to exist. I’ll definitely find a way for everyone to be happy.”

>She felt strong self-affirmation, and began to wail.

>Now, having lost her master, Symonne, who’s illusions had broken and been seen through, is there to see where those who traveled with the Shepherd Sorey head.

Shut the fuck up, S2's happening. It's not like they bailed on the entire project like what happened to Grimgar.

I actually hated Sorey in the game. He was such a yes-man to everything. Did this change in the anime? Because if this changed, this means that it was the people in his surroundings that actually sucked ass.

>gambeson under plate

No, boo, you use an arming jack for that. Gambeson's for when you're not using plate.

I thought Grimgar was only one-cour?

Even if she was edgy, it wouldn't have ruined things since what Artorius did to her really fucked everything up. Her being a smug kuudere with an otouto complex definitely made the character interactions more enjoyable.

Lailah mostly keeps her trap shut and lets Sorey make his own decisions.

In the manga, Lailah doesn't push there either though he starts pulling away from Rose.

It's almost like she's talking from experience.

Like this.

Holy shit. No one wants to have anything to do with Baba. They basically changed shit up in a non-discreet way.

So is the anime ever going to adress that Lailah is horrible at her job and only got it because she is a hot oneechan?

It looks like the anime is actually giving him a personality since he wasn't allowed to "overshadow" Rose in the game. I hope they don't make him suffer as much in the anime.
>had to kill children because Rose said so
>keeps being bullied by everyone for liking ruins
>had to kill his own father

>since what Artorius did to her really fucked everything up

Yeah. I remember one of the complaints of the elevens now.

"First part was good. Second part was kinda bad, because it was so sad . . ."

They're really laying the irony on thick in the last few episodes.

If anime still have gay ending then this is not a save.

Apparently the elevens were so traumatized, some of them gave lower ratings because it got to be too much.

Alisha gets her own harem of Rose, the archer, Maltran, Sorey and Mikleo, much to her surprise as they overwhelm her body with sexy sensations

Right after Sorey says that "killing one to save a thousand" mentality doesn't work.

It's not "apperently". That really was the case. I was actually surprised they gave low ratings because of that. It shouldn't be that way.

3 main complaints were:

>It is so sad
>It is connected to Zestiria
>Somewhat reused assets

Is this actually good? I'd probably watch it as a Talesfag that likes ufo but even liking ufo can't save you from snoozfests like God Eater and I heard Zestiria was shit.

Sorey also outright explains why Rose's creed is bullshit, right before Alisha tells Rose to stop wasting her time.

Complete newfag here.

I'm rather bored and don't feel like watching other stuff in the backlog and Zestiria caught my eye.

What kinda ride am I in for?

They turned Alisha from a huge bitch who gets pushed around to a complete badass in the anime.

It's pretty great.

How should I know? I can't predict the future.

>It is so sad
This kind of thing bothers me. Stories used to be treasured for their ability to illicit strong emotions, whether sad, angry, or happy. Now we just want some moe happy ending Disney quality shit.

LMAO

Yo I gotta watch the show now. It seems like they changed shit up. Fuck Baba.

People don't want to be sad or challenged anymore, they want to feel safe, in their spaces.

Do you mean "bitch" as in she was a doormat pussy or "bitch" as in feminist cunt? I don't feel like she was the latter, but I did feel like she was a pushover at times.

But that's also what made her adorable at times

Then they can invest in a tumblr. Encountering sad situations builds character. I bet they'd be the kind of people who'd avoid attending a family member's funeral because "it's so sad". I hate these kinds of people.

I agree but to be fair Tales started off with things like phantasia and eternia which were really light hearted.

Once we got to like Xillia everything became pretty grimdark, especially 2 and zestiria which had murdered kids and butchering your entire party.

I think it's pretty neat but I can see how elevens with their shit taste won't like the change.

I hope we get an episode with MaoMao explaining how horrible Rose is to everyone, is that too much to ask?

They also made it so that the person who purifies a human gets hit with the backlash of that person's memories. So Rose can't be kill happy like she was in the game.

Sorey if he met Arotorius would probably join Velvet in her quest to stop him. That is the Sorey without Baba forcing him to become a dorrmat.

Not even Phi could save him, but I bet it was due to Zestria that they couldn't. Since he had to die in the original game, in the prequel they couldn't save him.

It's only too much if he doesn't have Lailah giving him headpats while he does it.

Don't blame him, blame Velvet and Eleanor who raised him to be weak to cute onee-chans.

>angry breeder tears

Suffer more, slave.

I can't really blame him for that, because seriously I'd be weak to the two of them if they were my onee-chans

Why are they complaining, in the end, the Apple Dragon protected Velvet's smile and gave her a happy ending.

I felt like this entire scene needed to have badass explosions going off in the background every time Alisha said something after she called out Rose on raising a blade against royalty.

>ywn woo a sociopath with the sheer size of your metaphorical brass balls
>ywn make a sociopath with a killboner swear off vengeance because of your overwhelming alphaness

Because it was sad. That's it.

Frankly though, her suffering surpassed Xillia 2's.

It got too "dark" for them. Nips really have bad taste.

Apple Dragon sitting on Lailah's lap while she head pats him and talks to Rose and Sorey about how the Shepherds are horrible, Rose is being stupid and Sorey is doing a good job.

Ufo you only have one job okay, one job.

I kinda would prefer to have Phi just teaching Sorey and Mikleo about how horrible women are just like Zaveid and Rokuro taught him.

It's her drills.

Drills have natural +10 Leadership and +10 Wisdom

If Ufotable did that. Baba would surely commit suicide or something.

Berseriafags need to kill themselves badly before they go back to Cred Forums.

Aw. Rosefag is mad.

They're probably very aware of that fact.

Why would a princess wear armor when she has an army to protect her?

High on coke

Wasn't most of Xillia 2's suffering because Baba hated Ludger's character designer?

Isn't that how usual Tale's games goes? They usually invert the usual tropes of RPGs. The edgy one isn't actually edgy while the hero is the actual edge-master, and so forth.

>phantasia and eternia which were really light hearted.
>phantasia
>lighthearted

Nigga, the first thing that happens in that game is a thorough introduction to your lovely village and loved ones before they're brutally murdered, particularly your best friend's cutesy little sister whom you find bleeding on the street. Later on, you drag your healer out of jail through a circuitous path to avoid walking on the room where you know her mother is hanged dead.

What's the rest of the royal family like? Her dad seems pretty distant. Surely, she has older, more important siblings running around and doing heir-y things?

In symphonia they also drowned an entire village which was pretty dark but the main difference is that for the most part they don't dwell on it too much. Newer tales take themselves a lot more seriously, barring the intro the rest of phantasia was pretty standard JRPG stuff. In xillia 2 depressing shit happens left and right.

I would believe it. I can see why there are people even within his company that hate Baba's guts.

>I thought I could fix the Shepherds
>But noooo one generation later everyone starts screaming kill the hellions
>Now the only Prime Lord left is doing it wrong too
>So really, thanks for not being a retarded Shepherd

Let's be fair. Has there ever been a JRPG that doesn't burn down a village or two?

Like I said, that scene would be priceless. Plus Sorey really deserves to be thanked for finally doing a good job as a Shepherd.

Not really, I think most of the tales main characters are your usual moralfag or likeable dumb fuck that loves eating.
Also, most of Tales characters are very set on anime tropes, for example the token traitor guy that almost every Tales game has.

Well that's the most popular rumor.

In regards to rumors, is it true that Baba was the reason why Asbel's characterization was fucked up in Graces?

Considering all the shit Sorey went through, just being with his waifu for eternity and way from those two harpies might seem like paradise to him.

Symphonia never felt that dark despite all the shit that happened.

> Sorey
You mispelled husbandou

I like how people complain about horrible things happening in Zestiria and party members not dwelling on it when that shit has happened all the fucking time in tales games. In fact, people bitched when killing people in battles was actually addressed in Abyss.

But hey, Rose and Baba are evil so who gives a shit.

Okay, the changes noted here between the game and the anime alone have convinced me to pick up ToZX. Downloading now.

Why are the encodes so big though? I just want a small filesize and quicker download due to my lack of HDD space.

>But hey, Rose and Baba are evil so who gives a shit.
Well they really are evil.

I feel bad for Rose's VA, though. Hideo is even a married man (so I'm assuming, anyway), he has no right to be doting on some VA like a cucking faggot.

Of course no one is blaming Rose's VA.

Especially after what Baba did to her when his shit fell apart.

He made her apologize in his stead in a fanmeet while her doing a dogeza. Shit's fucked up.

I know, it's just that it broke my heart to see her apologize on behalf of it all and taking the blame even if it wasn't her fault, that one time.

>All you in your slow heavy armour and big weapons
>I may not be able to kill you when you're in that armour but you'll never catch me fatty

Y-you don't have a h-horse...right?

Same, I'm not sure why. It's rather generic and the premise is barf numbingly awful (MUH KEGARE) but it's comfy.

Mikleo went through a lot of shit too, in one day he basically lost everyone he loved most. His mother, his grandfather, and then Sorey. And this is after he watched Sorey suffer under said harpies while being unable to do anything about it.

Takes some next level emotional strength to not break after all of that shit they went through and loyally wait for your husbando for over a hundred years.

Why is she so gallant lads?
>alisha will never whiteknight you

>I like how people complain about horrible things happening in Zestiria and party members not dwelling on it when that shit has happened all the fucking time in tales games. In fact, people bitched when killing people in battles was actually addressed in Abyss.

People have always complained about it. One of the main complains with Abyss is that after all the stuff Luke goes through to come to terms with what he did, Anise's actions get brushed aside with a little sappy "we know you're sorry, it's all cool."

Because of ufotable basically trying to repair all the damage that Bababooey caused. I know the answer already, but it just makes me want to say anyway, why couldn't the game be like that? Along fixing all the gameplay issues.

I want her to penetrate me with her spear if you guys know what i mean

Because Zestiria members don't think about it at all, and their setting makes that shit just weird, especially when they do get on the case of the MC who isn't isn't a moralfag, he's just acting like any normal person would.

People always complained about Anise's crimes getting brushed under the rug.

>Nips like BL, faceless men and het. Yuri not so much, except for a foreplay for a threesome or a gangbang by faceless men

Can we brainwash otaku into thinking like fujos in shipping between 2 girls

>How about something like Rose escapes with Alisha from the castle and strips her down to treat her back wound? Cue lewd?

Maybe have Alisha wear that outfit as well

It may have been, but because Baba wanted to get his dick wet...

what a lewd dress.

Oh yeah I forgot Baba is married.

Goddamn his wife must be so pissed.

>Baba said that the Alisha DLC will be about Alisha

>Alisha: You're really strong Rose

Good job Baba. Even in the end you just had to shill out your sociopathic girl.

Maybe she's a fujoshi.

How else would they sneak a knight and princess of Highland around Rolance.

Tempest R fucking when

Even Nip fujos aren't fond of Rose.

I just realized that this episode means that the one who'll save Sorey will most likely be Sergei.

Picked up.

I still like the original design for Alisha's outfit in that scenario. This one seems a bit too cluttered in my opinion.

Great. Sergei deserves better. He ended up jobbing so hard in the game.

If they let Sergei shine then this anime really will be superior to the game.

>Maybe have Alisha wear that outfit as well
No thanks.

Seriously. He got shafted hard in the game. His relationship with Alisha could've been expanded; like him becoming her mentor and showing how her ideals could work in real life.

Not to mention that skit where you first meet him was gold.

Speaking of which,
what is Lailah doing during the Berseria time period?
Pretty sure she has already been born since she is older then Edna.

Judgning by this episode he probably won't meet Alisha just yet, but it'd be nice if he mentors Sorey. If they do this to lead up to the reveal about Hedalf being Sorey's father and keep the manga's twist and the reveal about Camlann and Maotelus it'd be even better.

At this stage I worry the anime strays too far from the flawed characters of the game. Characters are not meant to be perfect flawless badasses or whatever. Yes, Dezel body jacking Rose was ass move, but it's part of who he was and he redeemed himself. Lines like that also seem like they are taking Alisha too far in the realms of badass, when she was a sweetheart. Her not always being able to be as strong as she wanted and the struggle to be stronger is also part of her character. It means nothing if all of a sudden she does everything effortlessly.

Ufotable are just dumbing down everything and giving more hype. The same happened with Unlimited Blade Works. Giving more action and hype but simplifying more of the story..

They are basically giving Alisha way purpose, development and badassery more than giving Sorey anything. Too much Alisha pandering...

The characters in the game were nothing but flawed, especially Alisha. Alisha just plain wasn't allowed to succeed in doing anything her entire purpose in the game was to be useless so that Rose could appear superior.

That's not the say Alisha is always succeeding just two episodes ago, she was in tears over the fact that she was effectively useless to the people of Marlind. The only character that Alisha is succeeding over is Rose, but then again Rose was never in the right in the first place.

No, the series cuts back and forth between Alisha and Sorey, in fact this and last episodes were the first time that she ever did anything of consequence without Sorey.

She still has her weak scenes where she feels like things are too much for her to handle, they just aren't ninty percent of her screen time anymore.

Instead they decided to have more scenes like when she busted into the council room to save Sorey.

I like this since it really emphasizes the fact that her strong will is what is keeping her going.

The game just kept me wondering why the hell she didn't turn into a hellion after all the shit she's been through. I actually thought that was the direction they were taking with her since she left the party.

you are severely, severely overestimating the writing in the game

Holy shit, I just started watching this series. That episode 0. This is way better than I anticipated. Did the nonBaba devs have a hand in this as consultants? Or is it freshly ufotable's interpretation?

I'd give a kidney to have that outfit for him in the game.

So guys Rolance or Hyland?

dumb hat

>I actually thought that was the direction they were taking with her since she left the party.
According to the Will Of Baba, she might as well have turned into one secretly.

Isn't much of a surprise, people who complain about the anime, tend to overstate the game's characterization by a mile. The truth is the game was lacking in characterization for all of it's characters, who all ended up being one-note.

Berseria is shit and Velvet is the shittiest Tales MC in recent times.

Neither.

He said two episodes ago that he was going to Rolance.

t. Hideo Baba

Alisha wasn't a 'flawed' character, she was a character to be pitied, a character who tried hard but seemingly fails yet gets back up again for god knows what reason. The narrative just isn't devoted her paneltime to SUFFERING anymore, she's allowed to be competent.

I do think her gung ho positive vibes and spine are too pronounced at times because she surely wasn't this headstrong, but I'd rather this than.. her being stepped on.

They are giving her all of this hype BECAUSE she likely won't be getting much else next cour.

>Alisha covered in bugs
I swear, if there wasn't 34 drawn about this
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=57958833
Eh, close enough, I guess.

I think it's also to make up for the bait and switch they did in the game.

I don't know if you can even call that bait and switch, in the game there were too many signs of dropped plots, including some with Alisha, but there weren't any real subplots with Rose. Hell Rose doesn't even have a theme song.

>Hell Rose doesn't even have a theme song.
Which is really funny.

Baba kept on saying how Rose was actually the heroine.

>She doesn't have a theme song.
>Alisha has one.

Baba you fucking liar.

Not in Berseria. Berseria is God's gift to Tales after what the demon Baba and his whore slut Rose did. May they burn in hell.

Cont.

>Also, a literal semen demon.

I call it a bait and switch since they advertised Alisha as the heroine, and then Baba came and changed everything before the marketing team could do anything.

Honestly I feel like the story of that game's production is much more interesting than the actual one we got.

But I'll bet we'll never hear the full story, since it will probably just give more ammunition for people to aim at Baba.

I hope she gets to go on adventures with everyone in Rolance.

I'm prepared to be disappointed though.

>Hell Rose doesn't even have a theme song.
The entire game is Rose's theme song.

After what the game did to Alisha (and as a consequence, her VA's chance to shine as a star role), she really deserved this. I'm glad the anime is not completely like the game.

Just fuck already.

Yes. Alisha deserves to die.

Okay I laughed.

The Japanese wiki for the whole debacle is a funny read though. A lot of cover ups and stuff happening prior to the game being launched.

I fucking hate you. That was what I was gonna post earlier. I just didn't go through with it.

This is one of those rare adaptations that pop up once in a blue moon where people are actually glad things are getting changed.

It really shows how much the game fucked up in that regard.

Threesome with Sorey while Meebo gets raped by Edna when?

>triggered.jpg

Don't worry, surely they will and there'll be a double homo end

t. Hideo Baba

I chuckled, and I hate myself for it.

All this Alishafaggotry the anime is piling on really justifies my decision to buy her fig, I feel. Good times.

>double homo end
PRAISE UFOTABLE!

Sorey and Meebo deserve love, too. Tender, consensual, emotionally fulfilling love.

>This is one of those rare adaptations that pop up once in a blue moon where people are actually glad things are getting changed.
Reminds me of Sailor Moon, where people tend to prefer the first anime series.

I love the little hearts all over the place on the girls designs. Edna has some on her skirt, Lailah on her sleeves, Rose on the little pouches and so on. It's really cute.

Meant to quote and

>You forget that nimble movements require no strength in fiction for some reason, just like archery.
You forget that these characters are legit superhuman

I don't care if the anime has a double gay ending. I just wanted Alisha to get her comeuppance.

Who tops who in the bed?

Rose, Alisha is still naive about sexual things

Raped, humiliated and murdered? Sure, why not? If the anime is already grim dark serious business with its heart and soul stripped out, just go all the way.

Is Rose still a virgin or the whole group of assassins already taking turns of her?

Fuck off. Rose is pure.

t. Hideo Baba

Even if the latter was happening, Baba would STILL try to say she's pure and a virgin, so you can't really argue.

t. Hideo Baba

I never played the game, but in spite of the negativity Rose receives in these threads, I find her quite interesting and cool.

Also, if Alisha x Rose are like anything the anime shows has shown then I can see why some people ships them together. There's some real tension between then.

Dezel made her his personal cum dump and spooked off anyone else who tried.

She was allright for a foil, the problem stems from when Hideo decided to insert his fat face into the production and ruin everything and make the show all about his fapping to Rose and her VA, despite being a fucking married man. I'm sure withot his interference, things would have gone over smoothly and there'd be less ostracization of her character and even I'd probably be like "wow, that Rose character is kind of cute". But regrettably, all I can see in her is Baba's ugly face, too.

Maybe the anime will change that. It's doing a good job so far.

>I never played the game
>I find her quite interesting and cool.

That's because you are watching the show.

The show is actually very different now in what's happening in regards to the characterization.